PDA

View Full Version : Eminem

JackOfHearts
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Greatest rapper? Or overrated mainstream rubbish?

JackOfHearts
01-13-2008, 04:30 PM
I personally think the man was a class act, especially his earlier work!

JRoll
01-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Trash. Not even trash, more like dog shit.

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Everything went downhill after Marshall Mathers LP...

R.I.P. spit kickin M&M.....

LiquidWordz
01-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Verry talented imo, he has great potential...unfortunately as of late, he hasn't been reaching that. Hopefully that'll change with his new album

11th Chamber
01-13-2008, 04:52 PM
96-2002....Amazing
Encore-Present time...Average/Rubbish

He was aight on The Re-up, wasent feelin him on T.I. or 50's album.

Gonna have to wait and see how he is on the new album.

You kinda gotta break him up into 2 catagorys. Cause he WAS one of the greatest, but he fell really far after he switched his shit up

JackOfHearts
01-13-2008, 04:55 PM
yeah but he hasnt lost the talent he once had.

LiquidWordz
01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeahh, I'm not sure how to feel about his recent stuff. From a tehcnical stand point, H'es still pretty good, maybe even better...it's just he always raps about dumb shit like shoving girbils up your ass.

SickSide
01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Was great, but Encore was a piece of shit, he needs to bring out that Slim Shady LP shit

EQ the GOD
01-13-2008, 05:01 PM
still good. He just needs to change his steez a lil bit cuz the talent is there.

EQ the GOD
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
haha, we're pretty split on this issue it looks like.

JackOfHearts
01-13-2008, 05:05 PM
songs like sing for the moment, guilty conscience, square dance, stan etc are masterpieces.

Paranoid
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
he has skills but hes a bitch. i dont like his voice either.

SickSide
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
songs like sing for the moment, guilty conscience, square dance, stan etc are masterpieces.

What did you think about songs like Without Me, Real Slim Shady, Under The Influence? I liked em

JackOfHearts
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
yeah they were all really good to. There arent many songs from eminem (till 2002) that i dont like.

11th Chamber
01-13-2008, 05:12 PM
What did you think about songs like Without Me, Real Slim Shady, Under The Influence? I liked em

Under The Influence was ill as all fuck. Even Bizarre ripped it.

Without Me was ok, same for Real Slim Shady.

The thing with Real Slim Shady, is that people look at that and say his shit went pop when he did MMLP. Find one other track on that album that sounds like a "radio friendly" pop track. Besides that, that whole album is dark as fuck

JackOfHearts
01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
agreed^ 11th.

Kenny Powers
01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
early stuff amazing, recent stuff average. hes just good now to me, but ill be waiting for king mathers

Focus Man
01-13-2008, 07:44 PM
i would have said amazing, but his taste for beats is garbage IMO, so i say he's good, very good at that. I just wish he'd get off those corny melodic beats that he does. As an MC, he's at the top in my books, very very talented.

TSA
01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
em will flip nas, every member of wu, and so forth.

he's also been the most culturally gripping rap ever, when he drops the world stops and focuses.

he's also a very revealing face and spokesmen of this generation.

he achieved tupac like icon status biggie like popularity and nas like illness

smells like a g.o.a.t to me

Kenny Powers
01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
^Encore made me lose a alot of respect for Em. Im a big fan of the marshall mathers/slim shady lps and the eminem show. but Encore was soo disappointing and i wouldnt put him at Nas status just yet.

Rame
01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Overall he's good.

I liked his first albums, was a huge fan, but Encore was weak.

ChamberSlave
01-14-2008, 02:18 AM
talented mc with infinite potential, and you never know what to expect
he rips everything b4 the eminem show and i respect how he has guts to say anything he wants on a track

DJMethods
01-14-2008, 02:54 AM
He's OK, gets more props then he deserves because he's white. He's a talented cat, has dropped some great albums and made some great songs - BUT NOWHERE NEAR G.O.A.T.

The thing with em was he put a lot of people onto hip-hop because he's white, they won't admit it now because they want to seem old school, but thats why they consider him the greatest. Skills? not the greatest. Longevity? not the greatest. Topics? Not the greatest. Flow? Not the greatest. Voice? not the greatest. He just hasn't mastered any field besides shit talking and being white.

Thats not to say he's bad, but there is no way in hell he's top 10 let alone number 1. The greatest don't fall off as hard as he did, even the Slim Shady Show or whatever it was called was wack as fuck.

BTW - He's a shit freestyler. Yes you saw 8 Mile... Doesn't make him good, guys were ripping him back then (Juice, Rhymefest) and even more would rip him now.

Maxxx Millisecondz
01-14-2008, 03:25 AM
started out amazing, and eventually became boring ass gimmicky gas station bathroom rubbish

NIGHT MAYOR
01-14-2008, 04:53 AM
my opinion the man is awsome, his raps are seemless, its almost like he is talking and not rhyming the way he constructs his rhymes, know what i mean, he doesnt jump from topic to topic, there are no missing parts to his rhymes,

i saw this rakim interview a while ago and i totaly agree with him

MTfaQpBZWZk

Poetic Disciple
01-14-2008, 06:35 AM
He's OK, gets more props then he deserves because he's white. He's a talented cat, has dropped some great albums and made some great songs - BUT NOWHERE NEAR G.O.A.T.

The thing with em was he put a lot of people onto hip-hop because he's white, they won't admit it now because they want to seem old school, but thats why they consider him the greatest. Skills? not the greatest. Longevity? not the greatest. Topics? Not the greatest. Flow? Not the greatest. Voice? not the greatest. He just hasn't mastered any field besides shit talking and being white.

Thats not to say he's bad, but there is no way in hell he's top 10 let alone number 1. The greatest don't fall off as hard as he did, even the Slim Shady Show or whatever it was called was wack as fuck.

BTW - He's a shit freestyler. Yes you saw 8 Mile... Doesn't make him good, guys were ripping him back then (Juice, Rhymefest) and even more would rip him now.

LOL @ this post.

The Eminem Show was dope as fuck. You musta been trippin.
Skills are good.

Longevity well he's only been in the eyes of the mainstream for about 9 years, but his name is still huge. I could see him still bein around 10 yrs from now, runnin Shady & producing.

Topics are pretty good Stan, Guilty Conscience, Brain Damage, When The Music Stops, Revelation, Drips, White America, 8 Mile Road, & Lose Yourself were dope.

Flow is great. IDK if people will give Em props for anything its his flow. He can flow great to a beat nigga. Tell his flow is garbage on this track.

UIDbjhF8jT0

Voice is either hit & miss with people.

ed-word
01-14-2008, 08:05 AM
not shure about his flow? what about the song renegades with jay z? :|

Dante
01-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Good, at his best amazing, but now he just sucks.

Tyler Durden
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM
Slim Shady LP was good
Marshall Mathers LP was fantastic
Eminem Show was another banger
Encore completely spoiled it for me

Devils Night was good
D12 World wasnt as good

He can be excellent but his funny commercial songs get old quickly

Guarded By Martyrs
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Amazing...
I was thinking earlier_
Eminem outshines EVERY single rapper he has collaborated with.
I can't wait for this new album.
In my opinion he is still a great emcee just not as great as his original style
Or first 2 albums.
Similar to Holocaust to an extent.
Still I applaude him for changing his flow and style ect...
The sign of a visionary.

TAURO
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I heard that Eminem took the death of Proof real hard and went all MF DOOM by gaining weight, becoming a recluse and just not doing shit musically. He's even having health problems due to overeating and collesterol, at least that is what his mum is saying.

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 12:45 PM
here's my take. the dude opens up hip hop to a bunch of ignorant white suburban kids who he even acknowledges wanna be "just like me" yet he doesn't educate them at all. he just lets them run wild in a world they know nothing about (hip hop) and then we wonder why our entire culture (hip hop) has gone to shit. before you only had to please an intelligent audience of listeners so you had decent music coming out. now every hick and his fuck buddy cousin are bumping "rap" music wearing South Pole and Ecko thinking they are "hip hop" when really they are just confused little teenagers with absolutely no knowledge at all of the music scene they think they are so cool to be a part of. fuck you eminem, you didn't finish the job you started.

honestly i'm sure eminem is a mad cool dude to hang out with. guy obviously loves hip hop and probably knows his shit when it comes to the classic artists. so therefore in his interviews, instead of just saying "go buy my shitty record" he should also include "and at the same time cop a Das Efx album, or a Gang Starr record, listen to what got me here". but nope, he just lets these little faggot kids think he's the best rapper ever and doesn't do shit for the culture other than fuck it up.

Afficial_Nastee
01-14-2008, 12:47 PM
He's amazing, I mean when I feel down or fucked up I just put on one of his tracks. But also he's very ill on the mic especially his tracks from around '99 (Fucking Crazy, Watch Deees, Nuttin To Do, Scary Movies etc.).
He ain't the greatest but he sure is one of the greatest MC's.

I think it's fucked up he's making wack tracks with Akon etc. now
But I think his album that supposed to come out this year is gon be great, especially when he's gon bring that Slim Shady vibe back.

Rame
01-14-2008, 03:00 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/alexxshannon/blog/emm1.jpg

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2008, 03:04 PM
One of the greatest talents in hip-hop ever that ruined hisself. What a screaming fall off, in four years from "White America" to "Peep Show".

11th Chamber
01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
here's my take. the dude opens up hip hop to a bunch of ignorant white suburban kids who he even acknowledges wanna be "just like me" yet he doesn't educate them at all. he just lets them run wild in a world they know nothing about (hip hop) and then we wonder why our entire culture (hip hop) has gone to shit. before you only had to please an intelligent audience of listeners so you had decent music coming out. now every hick and his fuck buddy cousin are bumping "rap" music wearing South Pole and Ecko thinking they are "hip hop" when really they are just confused little teenagers with absolutely no knowledge at all of the music scene they think they are so cool to be a part of. fuck you eminem, you didn't finish the job you started.

honestly i'm sure eminem is a mad cool dude to hang out with. guy obviously loves hip hop and probably knows his shit when it comes to the classic artists. so therefore in his interviews, instead of just saying "go buy my shitty record" he should also include "and at the same time cop a Das Efx album, or a Gang Starr record, listen to what got me here". but nope, he just lets these little faggot kids think he's the best rapper ever and doesn't do shit for the culture other than fuck it up.

Didnt expect any other answer from you. Yet another biased, full on blast post by you that has nothing to do with the topic.

Is he a great MC or not? I dont understand how you can listen to Infinite, SSEP,SSLP,MMLP and say the dude wasent a great MC

But I think his album that supposed to come out this year is gon be great, especially when he's gon bring that Slim Shady vibe back.

word is, is that King Mathers is gonna bring back the old Slim Shady style, just have to wait and see if thats true.

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Didnt expect any other answer from you. Yet another biased, full on blast post by you that has nothing to do with the topic.

Is he a great MC or not? I dont understand how you can listen to Infinite, SSEP,SSLP,MMLP and say the dude wasent a great MC

i can listen to Infinite and SSEP and call him a great MC. maybe like 2 tracks on SSLP are dope, but after that he fell off hardcore. MMLP is probably the most overrated album in rap, next to anything that 2Pac made aside from Strictly and 2Pacalypse

Rame
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
@ 11th Chamber, Word was 8 Diagrams was going back to 36 Chambers.

@ Buckshot, not everyone is the same. I started with Eminem (and pac) and check the artists you named, It's true he got a lot of people into wack rap though.

That's not only Eminem though, Rap changed itself, Eminem didn't.

11th Chamber
01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
i can listen to Infinite and SSEP and call him a great MC. maybe like 2 tracks on SSLP are dope, but after that he fell off hardcore. MMLP is probably the most overrated album in rap, next to anything that 2Pac made aside from Strictly and 2Pacalypse

aight, thats what I was lookin for

BornPower
01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
when this particular whiteboi has something up his ass, he has a special way

of sharing it with his fans. unfortunately, it seems that he's run out of ammo.

em needs to take some time out and find some new targets, cuz the ones

he's been shootin at are played out. the whole reason I got into him was cuz

he was spittn some crazy shit. i'm over it now...

Poetic Disciple
01-14-2008, 04:29 PM

Dont really know anybody who does that man.

@ Tauro the recent rumors you've been hearing are false. I mean Em was fat for a lil while, but he has since slimmed down, there's even pics of him walkin with a personal trainer lookin back in shape. As for the sickness, he dont have heart problems & he was hospitalized for the flu.

/No em stan.

Rame
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Nah, he had something with his lungs.

Poetic Disciple
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
^^Ohh well im just going off of what Sha Money said.

Kenny Powers
01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
maybe like 2 tracks on SSLP are dope, but after that he fell off hardcore.

Dope tracks on SSLP:
- As the world turns
- I just dont give a fuck
- If i had...
- Rock Bottom
- Still dont give a fuck
- Role Model
- Bad Meets Evil

Not saying you have to agree, just throwin that out there

EQ the GOD
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
em put a lot of people onto hip-hop because he's white, they won't admit it now because they want to seem old school

hmm, anyone say BuckshotsTheOne?

EQ the GOD
01-14-2008, 07:29 PM
fuck you eminem, you didn't finish the job you started.

What does he fucking have to parent each damn kid? He makes music, kids make the dumbass decisions, even you should know that.

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 07:30 PM
What does he fucking have to parent each damn kid? He makes music, kids make the dumbass decisions, even you should know that.

Hip Hop Fans Before Eminem = 5%

"Hip Hop" Fans After Eminem - 85%

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
hmm, anyone say BuckshotsTheOne?

unless eminem dropped in 87 then i believe you are mistaken. i ain't trying to brag, but you might wanna find someone else to drop that bullshit accusation on

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
actually I like "Soldier" the best out of all his joints cause he brings heat on that song, plus the beat is fire

TSA
01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
here's my take. the dude opens up hip hop to a bunch of

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/Pimplegionrecords/Buckshotstheone.jpg
ignorant white suburban kids

who he even acknowledges wanna be "just like me" yet he doesn't
educate them at all:thumbup:.

he just lets them

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/Blondybabe582/All%20pictures/raptor.jpg
run wild

:thumbup:

in a world they know nothing about (hip hop)

and then we wonder why our entire culture (hip hop) has gone to shit.

before you only had to please an intelligent audience of listeners so you had decent music coming out. now every hick and his fuck buddy cousin are bumping "rap" music wearing South Pole and Ecko thinking they are "hip hop" when really

they are just confused little teenagers with absolutely no knowledge at all of the music scene they think they are so cool to be a part of.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/blondie2324/cry.jpg
fuck you eminem, you didn't finish the job you started.

honestly i'm sure eminem is a mad cool dude to hang out with. guy obviously loves hip hop and probably knows his shit when it comes to the classic artists. so therefore in his interviews, instead of just saying "go buy my shitty record" he should also include

"and at the same time cop a Das Efx album, or a Gang Starr record, listen to what got me here".
(Buy a BK value meal..and while your at it go cop a big mac! :thumbup:)

but nope, he just lets these little faggot kids think he's the best rapper ever and doesn't do shit for the culture other than fuck it up.

i bet you got straight Ds in school huh?

fuckin couch potatoe.

TSA
01-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Buckshot can't keep his nose bone straight, let alone his facts

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 07:54 PM
i bet you got straight Ds in school huh?

fuckin couch potatoe.

i'm a smart motherfucker. taught myself to read at 3. got all a's and b's bitch. went to college. i love knowing that you saved my picture on your hard drive. i won't even bother making the gay jokes cause it ain't even worth it, you already know what it is

JackOfHearts
01-14-2008, 08:01 PM
this thread has turned into a bag full of embarrasement.

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:14 PM
i'm a smart motherfucker. taught myself to read at 3. got all a's and b's bitch. went to college. i love knowing that you saved my picture on your hard drive. i won't even bother making the gay jokes cause it ain't even worth it, you already know what it is

nah g...your dumb

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
nah g...your dumb

where i'm from we use dum-dums in the aresenal

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 08:21 PM
nah g...your dumb

you're*

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
you're*
*nerd

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 08:23 PM
you're*

rules of an e-diss

1. use correct grammar or else your (used properly there) ignorance will devalue the diss

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
where i'm from we use dum-dums in the aresenal
no you don't

i think you have a strange personal beef with em. probably roots in a lot of self hate.

is there a reason in gods green earth em should tell anyone to buy Das Efx albums?

what's the last album nas told you to buy

wu tang doesn't even tell you to buy wutang

and all 3 black ppl/groups i listed don't like you.

but still, em is the greatest rapper of all time name one better (Rakim can hang, as can nas but they lack the icon status, and i ain't even playing)

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 08:26 PM
*nerd

<Gets more pussy then you

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM
eminem is definately NOT the greatest rapper. BLAHAHAHAHA

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 08:27 PM
no you don't

i think you have a strange personal beef with em. probably roots in a lot of self hate.

is there a reason in gods green earth em should tell anyone to buy Das Efx albums?

what's the last album nas told you to buy

wu tang doesn't even tell you to buy wutang

and all 3 black ppl/groups i listed don't like you.

but still, em is the greatest rapper of all time name one better (Rakim can hang, as can nas but they lack the icon status, and i ain't even playing)

Kris Parker

wait, i take that back

Nelly

JackOfHearts
01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
and to think u 2 used to be friends....!

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Kris Parker

wait, i take that back

Nelly

aight man, i was about to TRY and see it there was revelenance in your opinions but instead you resorted to childish defense mechanisms leaving your opinion once again irrelevant.

no rapper is as great as em and im not even that big a fan.

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
well slick, i've moved on

you have too

that's why you find it burdensome to carry on your imaginary 1ntern3t be3f.

I personally have forgot why we debated, and the importance of it, but weeks later you seem to have had it on your mind.

these are assumptions im making from your interpution of my thread with hateful, grudge inspired rhetoric.

I could be wrong... i don't know you. You could be more mature in real life then you wish to let us know, either way, i still respect your intern3t be3f endurance.

}:|

Lets be fwiends

no.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Ric%20Flair/RicFlair008.jpg

THASHAOLINASSASSOW3NED

Part 2:REJECTION

:ouch:

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
aight man, i was about to TRY and see it there was revelenance in your opinions but instead you resorted to childish defense mechanisms leaving your opinion once again irrelevant.

i was playing. for real though, krs is better. he has been around longer, he is still a relevant voice in hip hop today, he still sells albums, he has released more albums than probably any living hip hop artist (basically i'm excluding pac's enormous catalog), and people still go to him for their hip hop knowledge (the vh1 hip hop honors most recently). even 50 Cent had him on an interview. so if you wanna go by success as well as talent, KRS got it made. dude can freestyle in his sleep. he proclaimed himself to be hip hop and he ain't lying. fuck all the "dude is old" talk, he's still relevant and he is still on point. eminem, in all defense, had about 5-7 "good" years, and he has since fallen off. Not one person can truly defend Encore the way you can defend even Boom Bap (that shit was 8 years after Criminal Minded) not to mention his next 2 commercially successful albums. so i'm sorry but in all seriousness, no hate, KRS-One is a better rapper than Eminem.

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:42 PM
[quote=buckshotstheone;1025704]i was playing. for real though, krs is better. he has been around longer, he is still a relevant voice in hip hop today, he still sells albums, he has released more albums than probably any living hip hop artist (basically i'm excluding pac's enormous catalog), and people still go to him for their hip hop knowledge (the vh1 hip hop honors most recently). even 50 Cent had him on an interview. so if you wanna go by success as well as talent, KRS got it made. dude can freestyle in his sleep. he proclaimed himself to be hip hop and he ain't lying. fuck all the "dude is old" talk, he's still relevant and he is still on point. eminem, in all defense, had about 5-7 "good" years, and he has since fallen off. Not one person can .[/qutruly defend Encore the way you can defend even Boom Bap (that shit was 8 years after Criminal Minded) not to mention his next 2 commercially successful albums. so i'm sorry but in all seriousness, no hate, KRS-One is a better rapper than Eminemote]

KRS is in no way shape or form better then EM and he has even said it, he really isn't THAT relevant a voice.

i respect him, and know exactly how he his, but he doesn't have the flow, charisma, creativity, and entertainment value of eminem

KRS was also not that successful in his prime and my albums sell equal it his..again no disrespect but success has never been his strong suit.

i respect him for becoming the epitome of hip hop as a science, beingable to teach it and being seen as a source of knowledge

Criminal mind is also a classic, but it didn't do to the world what Marshal Mathers did, nor did it delve into the psyche of a human being as vividly.

Criminal Minded belongs to hip hop Marshal Matters belongs to the world...

also saying em fell off is irrelevant, cause KRS never made another criminal minded.

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 08:43 PM

the entire wu-tang clan, rakim, chuck d, big daddy kane, kool g rap, big l, notorious, pac, cl smooth, nas, az, too poetic, buckshot, heltah skeltah, smiff & wessun, bone thugs, busta rhymes, big pun, ag, black thought, redman, ra the rugged man, necro, heiroglyphics, q-tip, guru, talib, jay-z, mos def, epmd, b-real, cormega, slick rick, mf doom, canibus, doc, jeru etc. etc. > Eminem

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 08:48 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Ric%20Flair/RicFlair008.jpg

THASHAOLINASSASSOW3NED

Part 2:REJECTION

:ouch:

and i was mocking you if you havent realized it yet.

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Oh and

KRS-1 > Eminem

TSA
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
the entire wu-tang clan : Please

rakim: Lyrically his only equivelent or even superior, but doesn't mean to the world what em does, and em reached that icon status with skills alone, battled his way to the top and became what he is today by making mind blowing music.

chuck d: Lyrically, entertainment wise, wordplay, flow, impact and creativity em has is.

big daddy kane:

kool g rap: everything but wordplaywise em gets him

big l: Fathered em's style, but wasn't able to have the range of emotions and depth of character em created with his music

notorious: Big is Big, but everything buy charisma wise he's tied with or sightly less then em. He was the first to really have extreme depth and humanity to his persona and along with em made extremely powerful music from the fact that it's so human and revealing, i'd say there were equals

pac: one of the most infulentail faces of this century, i believe Em is great because he was been able to reach equal status with Pac and Big while being alive, where as it took death for the world to realize what they were doing. Delievery wise, emotionwise, voicewise and charisma wise Pac gets him, but everything else, lyrics, creativity, flow, worldplay, so on, em has it...id say they were equals

cl smooth: No...though that's my shit.

nas: again another that can be equals with em for reason i don't need to list but if you put em at his 100% prime and nas at his 100% prime the world would errupt..and em would probably kill the track harder. plus he means more to the world outside of hip hop then nas.

az: lacks the character depth, among millions of things, but wordplay wise they're equals

too poetic: not relevant

buckshot: shut up dude, no.

heltah skeltah: no

smiff & wessun: no

bone thugs: no, they get him in voice, word play, and and creativity but everything else em has it.

busta rhymes: no, busta has said it.

big pun: world play he's equal to em. Em learned his wordplay for listening to pun and can do what pun does. everything else em has him

ag: will never be relevant

black thought: no

redman: no

ra the rugged man: Irrelevant

necro: irrelevant

heiroglyphics: irrelevant

q-tip: no....

guru: hell no...

talib: no

jay-z: has been shitted on by em on a track, and is obviously not better then em

mos def: no

epmd: no

b-real: this is the part i realize your listing every rapper ever

cormega: no

slick rick: no, he'll tell you himself

mf doom: Irrelevant

canibus: lyric machine, lacks depth

doc: irrevelant

jeru: irrevelant

:mmmyah:

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Fuck your opinion I'd rather listen to every single one of those mcs over Eminem anyday. His image is fake, hes negative for shock value, he sounds like alittle bitch that inhaled helium on the mic and he aint that lyrical either. get off his dick hes overated

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Fuck your opinion I'd rather listen to every single one of those mcs over Eminem anyday. His image is fake, hes negative for shock value, he sounds like alittle bitch that inhaled helium on the mic and he aint that lyrical either. get off his dick hes overated

he's just saying all that to piss you off

Paranoid
01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
his analysis is a pile of shit, and hes wasting his time.

buckshotstheone
01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
his analysis is a pile of shit, and hes wasting his time.

right, so he's like a little kid, don't pay him no mind and he won't have anything to shit on, and then he'll get bored, and cry

Paranoid
01-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Hmmmm.

DJMethods
01-15-2008, 02:19 AM
LOL @ this post.

The Eminem Show was dope as fuck. You musta been trippin.
Skills are good.

Longevity well he's only been in the eyes of the mainstream for about 9 years, but his name is still huge. I could see him still bein around 10 yrs from now, runnin Shady & producing.

Topics are pretty good Stan, Guilty Conscience, Brain Damage, When The Music Stops, Revelation, Drips, White America, 8 Mile Road, & Lose Yourself were dope.

Flow is great. IDK if people will give Em props for anything its his flow. He can flow great to a beat nigga. Tell his flow is garbage on this track.

UIDbjhF8jT0

Voice is either hit & miss with people.

Did you read what I actually said bro?

I never said he was shit in ANY of those fields, I said he wasn't the greatest at them. That's not saying he's bad, that's saying there's no way he's the greatest of all time.

Eminem show wasn't dope as fuck man... That was the start of him falling off. That was the beggining of the end, go listen through Slim Shady LP and shit and tell me Eminem Show comes close.. no fuckin way. Eminem could've stayed with his old style and been just as big, but he started switching it up to mainstream and it didn't suit him.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2008, 02:32 AM
no-one is the G.O.A.T. only in your opinion, there is NO rapper out there that everyone agree's he is the greatest. g.o.a.t. is unreachable. but em is awsome, look at this thread for example, last night when i posted it was two pages, now its six the next night, everyone has herd of em, everyone has an opinion on em, the man did his job, i actualy hope he doesnt jump back in the game, i hope he just produces (i reckon he is getting bettter) and manages. eminem IS hip-hop. PEACE.

DJMethods
01-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Just read back through the other pages.. Cunts diss eachother too much on here.

Also; No way is Em better then Big L. Lifestylez>>>>>>>Every Em album

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2008, 03:15 AM
see DJ - thats an opinion, make sure THATS herd homie, beauty is in the eye of the beholder (i believe L is average :P) fuckin hypocrite priest mofo he is *ducks*

DJMethods
01-15-2008, 04:15 AM
Yeah bro I get ya, but shit, everything on here is opinions in the end isn't it?

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2008, 04:17 AM
true true - still lovin that pagen elypsis 007 mixtape too bro, same with my mates, much props homie. peace (im drunk - typin like a yank because im listening to life after death) hahahahahahaha *hiccup*

LiquidWordz
01-15-2008, 04:23 AM

Yo son, homie isn't asking you if he's overrated, he's asking if he's good. Nevermind the white suburban kids he's mislead and all that other shit you're being blinded by, nevermind any of that. Let's say Eminem never blew up, and he was still an underground sensation, but he still released sslp and mmlp. Would you still feel the same way about those albums?

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2008, 04:26 AM
MMLP is my favourite *shrugs* seriously.

DJMethods
01-15-2008, 05:11 AM
true true - still lovin that pagen elypsis 007 mixtape too bro, same with my mates, much props homie. peace (im drunk - typin like a yank because im listening to life after death) hahahahahahaha *hiccup*

Hahaha, aslong as you're not drinking yank beer. Those guys don't know the first thing about beer.

Visionz
01-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Hahaha, aslong as you're not drinking yank beer. Those guys don't know the first thing about beer.bullshit. guiness on tap is within driving distance. and EM was sick but fell off. I was pissed I paid money for encore........terrible album. When he was on top of his game dude was pretty much untouchable. can anyone think of a guest appearance where he got outshined?? unless its real recent I don't think its out there.

DJMethods
01-15-2008, 06:00 AM
bullshit. guiness on tap is within driving distance. and EM was sick but fell off. I was pissed I paid money for encore........terrible album. When he was on top of his game dude was pretty much untouchable. can anyone think of a guest appearance where he got outshined?? unless its real recent I don't think its out there.

Guiness is Irish! I'm Irish and don't really like the dark ales, Newcastle Brown is top quality however. Can't find it around here though.. tried to buy a carton today and couldnt.

Agree Em fell off.. Lost a lot of his anger and hunger

NIGHT MAYOR
01-15-2008, 06:04 AM
what IS america's best beer ? hahahahahahahahaha...........AAAAAAhahahahahaha never thort about that - heheheh.. hahahahahahahahaha. dont even try to say corona, thats the mexiCANs, ameriCANTs dont have a beer hahahahaha, em is great *looks around*

TSA
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Just read back through the other pages.. Cunts diss eachother too much on here.

Also; No way is Em better then Big L. Lifestylez>>>>>>>Every Em album
^false

JackOfHearts
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
lol.....this is ammusing.

Crack Killz
01-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Eminem is slightly better then Big L

due to the fact they're both rappers that use a lot of multis.. eminem edges him out because of his larger vocabulary and better subject matter.

but L would rip him ina battle.

ALCATRAZ
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
After tha racist tapes dropped I lost all respect I ever had for him as an artist, person, or whatever... he's crap

Crack Killz
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
After tha racist tapes dropped I lost all respect I ever had for him as an artist, person, or whatever... he's crap

Guess you never heard Yellow Brick Road off Encore?

buckshotstheone
01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Guess you never heard Yellow Brick Road off Encore?

i hadn't, and i just read the lyrics, and honestly, makes me have a new found respect for dude. not that i didn't before, i mean me and dude obviously went through some of the similar shit. i used to have teachers ask me why i wore my pants so low, then ask why i "acted black". i couldn't explain why i loved hip hop, i just did, and i thought it sucked that people hated on me for it, like it was my fault i was into this shit that i apparently wasn't supposed to be. anyways, shit is real, i always used that source tape as a defense but i guess i gotta drop it. i will still say his music has sucked since marshall mathers lp (that album is garbage and overrated except for Amityville) but i got more respect for him now

12weLvE
01-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I voted good...which I interpret it to be above average.

Crack Killz
01-15-2008, 05:53 PM
i hadn't, and i just read the lyrics, and honestly, makes me have a new found respect for dude. not that i didn't before, i mean me and dude obviously went through some of the similar shit. i used to have teachers ask me why i wore my pants so low, then ask why i "acted black". i couldn't explain why i loved hip hop, i just did, and i thought it sucked that people hated on me for it, like it was my fault i was into this shit that i apparently wasn't supposed to be. anyways, shit is real, i always used that source tape as a defense but i guess i gotta drop it. i will still say his music has sucked since marshall mathers lp (that album is garbage and overrated except for Amityville) but i got more respect for him now

no one cares about your past..

buckshotstheone
01-15-2008, 06:33 PM
no one cares about your past..

no one cares about your present, or future. might as well just end it now, just make sure you slice up and down, side to side is just looking for attention

Kenny Powers
01-15-2008, 07:10 PM
anyone else find it weird that eminem, soulja boy, and g unit threads get the most views here?

Paranoid
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
no one cares about your present, or future. might as well just end it now, just make sure you slice up and down, side to side is just looking for attention

lol

JerseyIronman
01-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I say hes.....

http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/xpressions/TotallyAwesome/totally_awesome_pink_purple_glitter_wiggle.gif

really though, i think eminem is very talented

JackOfHearts
01-15-2008, 08:50 PM
next question: is eminem more talented then any of the wu members?

ChamberSlave
01-16-2008, 02:05 AM
i sense a lot of verbal beatdowns about to happen.....

EQ the GOD
01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
the entire wu-tang clan, rakim, chuck d, big daddy kane, kool g rap, big l, notorious, pac, cl smooth, nas, az, too poetic, buckshot, heltah skeltah, smiff & wessun, bone thugs, busta rhymes, big pun, ag, black thought, redman, ra the rugged man, necro, heiroglyphics, q-tip, guru, talib, jay-z, mos def, epmd, b-real, cormega, slick rick, mf doom, canibus, doc, jeru etc. etc. > Eminem

LOL, fuck no. Maybe some of those, just stop hating on Em only cuz he got big. If he had not blown up, ya'll woulda been on his dick asking why he never blew up, in-denial mutherfuckers.

EQ the GOD
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
God, overrated, No fucking way, people'll rate that 4 1/2 out of 5 and I still will think that is UNDERRATED. That album is genius, and i think the 10 Million other people who bought this album will think something similar. The shits a highly influential album, no doubt.

EAGLE EYE
01-16-2008, 05:40 PM
yes basically

buckshotstheone
01-16-2008, 11:16 PM
God, overrated, No fucking way, people'll rate that 4 1/2 out of 5 and I still will think that is UNDERRATED. That album is genius, and i think the 10 Million other people who bought this album will think something similar. The shits a highly influential album, no doubt.

i'd say about 9 of that 10 million represents kids under the age of 12, in white suburbs, along with their 16 year old brothers (that's someone else who both your parents fucked to produce) who drove jeeps and wore abercrombie.

do you understand that the majority of the us is below a reasonable intelligence level? there's your 10 million. 85% god, we part of the 5%, like the 3,000 people who buy a Canibus album

Visionz
01-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Guiness is Irish! I'm Irish and don't really like the dark ales, Newcastle Brown is top quality however. Can't find it around here though.. tried to buy a carton today and couldnt.

Agree Em fell off.. Lost a lot of his anger and hungerI know its Irish man but I still get it on tap hence we know about good beer. America does brew good beer though, but I know you wouldn't know if I said Bootlegger Brown (brewed about 12 miles or so from my house) completely different thread than topic though

what IS america's best beer ? hahahahahahahahaha...........AAAAAAhahahahahaha never thort about that - heheheh.. hahahahahahahahaha. dont even try to say corona, thats the mexiCANs, ameriCANTs dont have a beer hahahahaha, em is great *looks around* I'm gonna have to school yall on American beer, I'm sure it just doesn't travel worldwide but they make good beer here, I do agree though that what you know of as american beer (probably budweiser, miller, etc) IS shit. You won't have me agruing for WATER's sake lol.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-16-2008, 11:58 PM
*gets his pencil and books* school me........

EAGLE EYE
01-17-2008, 12:03 AM
cannibus is a fucking loser buckshot. LMAO at the 5% reference.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-17-2008, 12:07 AM
yeah wisdom has nothing to do with musical taste. robby is right to laugh.

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 12:53 AM
LOL, fuck no. Maybe some of those, just stop hating on Em only cuz he got big. If he had not blown up, ya'll woulda been on his dick asking why he never blew up, in-denial mutherfuckers.

the fuck do you know, id still rather listen to all of those mcs over faggy eminem. and he can flow but he isnt super lyrical...and i dont like his voice(which is important), i dont have to worship him and act like hes the greatest rapper ever(cuz hes not) like the rest of you. he doesnt always have the greatest beats either(not that im judging him as an mc because of that). and im not denying he has skills, he is good but his first 2 albums is where its really at...

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 12:55 AM
cannibus is a fucking loser buckshot. LMAO at the 5% reference.

canibus is ill and more lyrical then eminem

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:03 AM
and yes it is all about opinion(when talking real mcs) whoever said that, thats why we shouldnt have threads where its all about how eminem is greatest rapper ever which hes not.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-17-2008, 01:05 AM
hahahaha yeah ok, the thread was a question, not a statement. "durrr"

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:11 AM
hahahaha yeah ok, the thread was a question, not a statement. "durrr"

well then i assumed it was because i never actually read it, however i was mostly reacting to other peoples comments in this thread, so chillax. im drunk

NIGHT MAYOR
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
o..........k............ how bout you chillax

Visionz
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
*gets his pencil and books* school me........Check the thread in General Chat, but that first one I posted, Saint Arnolds, they make this doublebock beer, somewhere around 9% alcohol, six pack of those have you feelin real nice :mmmyah: even if its about as thick as cough syrup :lmao:

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:17 AM
o..........k............ how bout you chillax

How about you take a hike, pal.

NIGHT MAYOR
01-17-2008, 01:20 AM
i was here first.

TSA
01-17-2008, 01:20 AM
i wonder how different Wucorp would be if slick got pussy

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:22 AM
^whyd you edit your post fag. and why are you so sensitive you little weiner shnitzle. yall niggaz take me fo real

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:23 AM
yall can suck my baaaaaaallz tryin to blow my buzz

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:28 AM
i wonder how different Wucorp would be if slick got pussy

i wonder what TSA would do with his sorry life if he wasnt sitting around at 2 AM trying to attack me

#(

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 01:30 AM
That niggas mad!:thumbup:

He catchin feelings!:slutty:

NIGHT MAYOR
01-17-2008, 01:43 AM
^whyd you edit your post fag. and why are you so sensitive you little weiner shnitzle. yall niggaz take me fo real

who edited ? you need to slow down on the grog man, paranoid n shit ;D

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 02:21 AM
who edited ? you need to slow down on the grog man, paranoid n shit ;D

i wasnt even talking to you fag.

LiquidWordz
01-17-2008, 03:40 AM
the fuck do you know, id still rather listen to all of those mcs over faggy eminem. and he can flow but he isnt super lyrical...and i dont like his voice(which is important), i dont have to worship him and act like hes the greatest rapper ever(cuz hes not) like the rest of you. he doesnt always have the greatest beats either(not that im judging him as an mc because of that). and im not denying he has skills, he is good but his first 2 albums is where its really at...

Disagree, eminem is mad lyrical, his subject matter on the other hand...that's another story, As far as lyrics go, Em's always pushing the limits. His shit's always packed with tons of multies and internal rhymes, and he doesn't let himself be controlled by his multies, he actually makes them work without straying from the subject matter. He may rap aboutt dumb shit, but it's still crazy technical the way he writes his rhymes.

LuckyTheWonderDog
01-17-2008, 03:43 AM
His talent is amazing. He's just let himself down by turning into a pop star making some of the most infurriatingly cheesy hip-pop I've ever heard.

TSA
01-17-2008, 11:55 AM
^yea, like 'Kim'

ya'll act like his last single wasn't toy soldiers and ghost's wasn't back like that

Paranoid
01-17-2008, 03:09 PM
I never said he wasn't talented. But I don't have to worship him.

buckshotstheone
01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
^yea, like 'Kim'

ya'll act like his last single wasn't toy soldiers and ghost's wasn't back like that

through all the hate you want at me for this one but... back like that is dope, and it don't even compare to toy soldiers in the slightest

whatever though you're just gonna hate, and honestly i don't care.

make it rain on these hoes

TSA
01-17-2008, 07:49 PM
not saying back like that is wack, not my flavor, but it's more of a "pop" move then toy soldgiers

Em's "pop" songs are just him insulting pop stars.

i dont see where he "changed"

buckshotstheone
01-17-2008, 07:57 PM
not saying back like that is wack, not my flavor, but it's more of a "pop" move then toy soldgiers

my name is basically is the same as smack that. every album had that goofy radio pop track to bring it in, then he dropped the serious joint second (My Name Is, Rock Bottom.....Real Slim Shady, The Way I Am)

11th Chamber
01-17-2008, 10:11 PM

IMO he changed when he felt like making Encore.

His first 3 albums(commercial) where all mostly serious/dark tracks minus the opening singles he droped(My Name Is, Real Slim Shady, Without Me).

Then you get Encore, which had the usuall "pop/radio" track which was 'Just Lose It'. But the problem is almost the whole album was shit like that. It did have some great tracks(Yellow Brick Road, Toy Soldiers, Mosh, Mockingbird) but the rest of the album was pretty much garbage, aside from a few average tracks.