PDA

View Full Version : Installing A Game In My Computer

Storm
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Okay, i'm having trouble installing a game to my computer.
Basically, when it's installing the files to my computer, it gets to 53% and says I need to put disc 2 in. I don't own the actual cd, just the files thats in it.

EAGLE EYE
01-13-2008, 11:59 PM
did you download cd images?

such as two really large files with possible file name extensions of:

.iso
.bin
.nrg

??

Storm
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Yea, I guess so, the files .bin and .cue files and I extraced them using magiciso, I have the files that are cd2

Here's the link to the one I d/l
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3297982

EAGLE EYE
01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
you could save yourself a lot of time by just taking 2 cheap cd-r discs and burning each image to it using Nero (or whatever burning software u use)

then install from the cds because some games wont let you browse to a directory where your files are located because they assume you actually have the physical product

Bg_Knocc_Out
01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
I need help with that shit to, I downloaded Civiliazation awile back and i had no clue how to install it after I downloaded it, btw it was a torrent.

Storm
01-14-2008, 12:09 AM
you could save yourself a lot of time by just taking 2 cheap cd-r discs and burning each image to it using Nero (or whatever burning software u use)

then install from the cds because some games wont let you browse to a directory where your files are located because they assume you actually have the physical product

oh okay, thanks. So I would be burning those files to a disc, not the files extracted from them.

EAGLE EYE
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
yea with your burning software look for an option such as "burn image" and browse to the the .cue file for the first disc and then burn it

do the same for the second .cue file

The cue files are associated with the large .bin files and they hold some kind of information that the burning software uses... i forget what though

Storm
01-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh ok and I only burn the .cue files right.

EAGLE EYE
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
yea the cue files

but in reality all the actual data which is being burned to the cd resides in the bin files..

bin files can be burned if you dont have the cues .....but some software doesnt permit you too

ps do you have the cd key?

Storm
01-14-2008, 12:28 AM
oh ok thanks for the info. And, yea I do have the cd key, theres some other things I might ask but for now im ok. I did research to solve the problem but couldn't solve it so I went here.

Jet Set
01-17-2008, 07:32 AM
Using Daemon Tools and mounting the images on a virtual drive might have been easier. Just if you didn't want to burn it and undertsand virtual drives.