PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Boogie Down Productions album?

Durag
01-14-2008, 07:33 AM
I seen this shit done for Gangstarr, Eric B & Rakim etc, so i thought id do it for BDP. A lot of people seem to only know/remember BDP for their fist two albums, 'Criminal Minded, and 'By All Means Nesseccary', but their whole catalogue is dope. I dont have 'Edutainment' so i cant comment on that, but i think 'Ghetto Music', and 'Sex & Violence' are seriously dope and overlooked hip-hop gems.

I know KRS's teachings got to be too much for some on latter albums, but its an important element to these albums. These all stand the test of time today, and shows that BDP has one of the dopest catologues of the golden era.

This is kind of hard to pick, but fuck it ill go with 'By All Means Nesseccary'.

Edgar Erebus
01-14-2008, 08:11 AM
By All Means Necessary, that album was fucking years ahead of its time, lyrically and musically.

I agree, their whole catalogue is dope. Edutainment, though, is a bit overlonged and too self-righteous, but it had it's gems, like "Love's Gonna Getcha (Material Love)"... an all-time classic.

LORD NOSE
01-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Ghetto Music - my favorite

Edutainment was a better album

but the blueprint is my favorite

also check out sneak attack

LiquidWordz
01-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Sex & violence is seriously underrated. All their shit is ill, but I think Criminal Minded is my favorite.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I think it goes

Criminal Minded
Sex & Violence
By any means necessary
Edutainment
&
Ghetto Music

that's just my thoughts on it right there all ahead of its time hip hop

Dragondude_R
01-16-2008, 06:24 PM
By Any Means.

DUMBO
01-16-2008, 08:06 PM
The Live album of course. That shit was the best.