PDA

View Full Version : self conscience, live nigga rap etc. prodigy always outshines Nas

sarr
01-21-2008, 08:00 AM
do me a favour...if you havent heard 'self conscience' type it into youtube..it features nas and prodigy...thats gota be one of Prodigy's best ever verses

but everytime these two have done a song together, prodigy just kills him. Eg

tic toc
self conscience
live nigga rap
eye for an eye
family
give it up fast (they were about even on this one)

anybody else agree? i think nas is the more consistent rapper, but prodigy sounds better on the songs they do together

SaqurakiHanamichi
01-21-2008, 10:48 AM

that was like 15 years ago . lol

TSA
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM
your argument died when you said he got nas on Live Nigga Rap alone....

venex
01-21-2008, 10:59 AM
naah, i really don't think so...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
i don't think Prodigy always shines around Nas on Self Conscience look at the different prospectives look a lil deeper before you shout out points with no backbone

Guarded By Martyrs
01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes on Self Concious & Family...but thats it I would say.

ALCATRAZ
01-21-2008, 04:36 PM
if you think prodigy outshined nas on eye for an eye you are either deaf or delusional nas had crazy flow on that track multi's were flowin like ice waters "a drug dealers dream...."

ALCATRAZ
01-21-2008, 04:48 PM
but i will say prodigy outshined nas on self conscience, thats probably tha only time p has outshined nas, his verse was crazy

PoisonousDarT36
01-21-2008, 05:16 PM
your argument died when you said he got nas on Live Nigga Rap alone....

truth

EQ the GOD
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Nas kills prodigy on tick tock also.

sarr
01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
BULLSHIT

The verse on live nigga rap was amazing...flowed perfect...story was precise...came out naturally, nas sounds like he was trying too hard to sound thugish

DiMidio
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Prodigy outshines Nas on Self Conscience, Tic Toc, and Family, but Nas kills him on the rest of the songs

sarr
01-21-2008, 06:30 PM
i cant believe im the only one who thinks P stands out the most on live nigga rap..his verse was amazing...i hated nas' verse...almost ruined the song, sounded like he was trying way too hard

SaqurakiHanamichi
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDdPcYaFH3k&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rDdPcYaFH3k&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

how the fuk do u post up a fuken video god damn

PoisonousDarT36
01-24-2008, 02:34 AM
i cant believe im the only one who thinks P stands out the most on live nigga rap..his verse was amazing...i hated nas' verse...almost ruined the song, sounded like he was trying way too hard

Trying too hard? Don't know what you're talking about. And for P in 1996 that verse was weak. It might look good compared to what he's spitting today, but it's worse than all of P's verses on HoE. Nas killed him on that song, it's not even close. Prodigy got him on Self Conscience though, but that's about it.

sarr
01-24-2008, 04:21 AM
man prodigy's verse was ferocious...it just flowed so smoothly...the story he was tellin just hits you, where nas really isnt saying much, just rhyming (his verse is still tight dont get me wrong)

i think what gets me also is that P has this snake type sound to him on that verse, comes out really vicious, good presence and his voice is killer...where nas sounds kinda childish, and i love the shit hav is doin in the background over prodigy's verse, doing some of the overdubs and shit

you can tell the lyrics came naturally to prodigy when he was writing it...it sounds like nas spent too muchn time on his thats why i think he sounds like his trying too hard

Durag
01-24-2008, 04:48 AM
^^Prodigys verse was good but to be honest never really stood out to me. Nas's didnt really either, but i think id prefer it over P's.

And you think p's verse on 'Eye For An Eye' is better than Nas's? Not a hope Nas fuckin murdered that track.

P is just a thug rapper anyways. Ive always loved Mobb Deep (their first four albums) for what they were, but P and Hav were simply good thug rappers, but that was it. Nas kills both of them in every aspect of emcee'in.

sarr
01-24-2008, 05:12 AM
yea i agree nas is the better overall rapper...but when it comes to thug street tracks Mobb deep make them much better than nas (or they used to) and thats what most the tracks nas and mobb deep have collabd on...gangster songs

Durag
01-24-2008, 05:23 AM
P might have the better verse on 'Live Nigga Rap', to be honest its been at least 2 years since ive listened to that so i cant really remember. And i remember P probably been better on 'Self Conscience'. By the way 'Self conscience' is a fuckin seriously dope track who produced that again?

Luther Large
01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
do me a favour...if you havent heard 'self conscience' type it into youtube..it features nas and prodigy...thats gota be one of Prodigy's best ever verses

but everytime these two have done a song together, prodigy just kills him. Eg

tic toc
self conscience
live nigga rap
eye for an eye
family
give it up fast (they were about even on this one)

anybody else agree? i think nas is the more consistent rapper, but prodigy sounds better on the songs they do together

fuck outta here Nas ripped prodigy on eye 4 an eye