PDA

View Full Version : the Role Playing Game thread

THE W
01-28-2008, 11:21 PM
havent seen a thread for this so i decided to make one.

i've been playing and beating a lot of Rpg's lately. i think i've went through every FF game in the NES and SNES except for FF1. played chrono trigger and the two breath of fire games for the SNES. BOF2 is pretty tough! you get random battles a lot more often than usual and the enemies are tough even in the very beginning.

some ill RPGs that i think are slept on.

baten kaitos origins

an excellent rebound from the slow, boring, and poorly narrated baten kaitos ocean. the gameplay is awesome. the combo system is one of the funnest things about this game as it plays almost like a melee fighter RPG. the battle music is great but overall the soundtrack isnt the best, not bad by any means but i've heard a lot better.

mega man legends 2

havent played this in a long time but i remember having lot of fun playing it. i like melee fighting much better than turn based fighing and this one is totally open combat. the story isnt the most detailed but if you're like me and believe that the most important part of a game is to enjoy playing a game more than watching it you'll like this one.

was able to find FF7 on the net somewhere and im starting to understand why people say its the greatest game ever. i played this once before with a bunch of cheat codes on it and if you play RPGs a lot you know that playing with cheatcodes ruins the game experience. the soundtrack isnt so impressive but im only on the first disc. i love the music that plays after you win a battle and your experience and money are tallied. a truly amazing game(still cant fuck with tales of symphonia though).

Bloo
01-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Another tight RPG that isn't really an RPG but has heavy enough RPG elements to be considered an RPG :)

System Shock 2, please do yourselves a favor and check that out. Oh yeah, (cue Jasper) Deus Ex is always worth another play through.

Bloo
01-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Oh yeah, anything by BioWare is good too :)

Jade Empire is off the hizzle! Better than Mass Effect IMO.

BashaHo
01-29-2008, 08:22 AM
If you play pc games try out THE WITCHER.

offical site
http://www.thewitcher.com/intro.asp

THey have a demo you can try.

Koolish
01-29-2008, 11:47 AM
some game called folklore had a demo on it for ps3, i played it and was impressed with the battle style... but i bought it and haven't cracked it open yet.

THE W
01-29-2008, 12:09 PM
anyone played a game called front mission? its by square. i was thinking of getting this but didnt like the reviews for it.

RagnaroK
01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
my fever for RPG die a little bit with FFX-2 and FFXI (i didn't have online) to the point i completely ignore FFXII but i just recently got it so thats what im playing now the fever returns so im planning to get my ass some FF VIII since i lost my first copy (never give your game to a friend cuz he never bring it over again) only 20$ at amazon :thumbup: and also gonna get FFVII 60$ #( from Stick up users

i will try finish them off before FFXIII release wish i think is gonna be a huge hit, the design of the main character looks better then ever

the only RPG that i play are FF but i have heard xenosaga is good and FF tactics looks fun

about FFVII here is a plot analysis from gamefaqs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197341/16725

it explain all events before during and after of the story in chronology order is very very helpful to understand the whole story for those who had already finish the game

Koolish
01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
i played the first xenosaga, the story was real deep, and the combat was nice.

you could jump into huge Gundam like things in battle and tear sons of bitches up.

STYLE
01-29-2008, 05:10 PM
chrono ff7 are the best ever

THE W
01-29-2008, 06:24 PM
has anyone played any of the other tales games besides symphonia and phantasia? i like both those games(TOS is my new favorite game ever), the soundtracks for both games are excellent.

i want to know if there are any other games from the tales series i should look out for.