PDA

View Full Version : Beat'n'Words

T.S.
08-11-2005, 02:14 AM
1 fool asked me 1 day:What is more important in hip-hop? The beat or words? I told him that the words are more important. Then he starts to piss me off, but thats a different story....
What u think? Beat or words?

Analyze
08-11-2005, 08:17 AM
To me it depends on where your from. If your from down south its all about the beat and little else(shit their beats are wack too), the midwest everything about them niggas is corny, west I just cant fuck with so I couldnt tell you, and the east is a combo of everything that captures the essance of the culture.

Wu Forever

Longbongcilvaringz
08-11-2005, 09:14 AM
I would say that it is a combination of the two to make a good song, but that would be fencesitting. imo the beat is the most important part. has anyone heard a track with an abvsolutely wak beat which they liked because of the ill mc, not me. an example of such artists/groups which are made good simple by teh beats regardless of the rappers are 50, JMT, gangstarr, etc. not sayin these mc arent good (cept fitty) jus the beat makes the tracks good on its own.

on the other hand songs with a half decent beat and mad lyrics are just as good as a song with a dope beat and a wak mc.

peace..

GhostfaceKillah199
08-11-2005, 02:05 PM
depends on the listener. I think for most listeners(such as myself) it would be equally both. peace

Grim Reapa
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
I LIKE SICK RHYMING BETTER THAN BEATS.

ONE