noel411
01-31-2008, 04:08 PM
Any fans here?

oDoUoSoKo
01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
good band, never heard a full album though

INF
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Long long time ago I used to like REM. I dated a few girls that had the Green Album. I think that was their first. Its okay.

Automatic for the ppl is weird but its okay too. When that song "everybody hurts" came out , that was actually what made me listen to the album. I tripped salvia to that video too lately and its fuckin crazy. I was sitting there stuck in traffic with them fools and I got the point to the video. You dont have to smoke salvia or take other drugs to understand music but I'm just saying.

R.E.M. touch on some deep shit. The Monster album aint that bad. Most places that sell used CD's sell that album for like 5 bucks to maybe 7. In europe I dont know how much that cost. Like ...a few Euros. Or Lyra or whathave you.

oDoUoSoKo
01-31-2008, 10:05 PM
first album is Murr right? or murmur

Bg_Knocc_Out
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't own an album or songs but I come across them alot and they are incredibly good.

One and Only
01-31-2008, 11:35 PM
first album is Murr right? or murmur

Yeah it's Murmur. Green was their sixth album. I never heard a full album but I like a handful of their songs and always think that I gotta look into them.

noel411
02-01-2008, 12:59 AM
There's kinda like 2 parts to their career. They dropped 5 albums from '83 to '87 (Murmur-Document) on the IRS label, which is a sort of folk/rock type of music, and then they've dropped another 8 from '88 to '07 (Green-Around The Sun + a live album) on the Warner Bros label, which you couldn't really fit into any genre. Green, Out of Time, and possibly even Automatic For the People still had traces of the folk/rock sound, but everything after that is kinda weird.

I have only heard a couple of their IRS albums as well as the greatest hits album they have which covers solely the IRS albums, and I'm not really all that into them. I'm much more into their later stuff although most of it is not very highly regarded, whereas their earlier work is. It depends what you're into. They took a pretty drastic turn around the time of Green/Out of Time. I guess a lot of people were more into their folk/rock sort of music.

I would say I pretty much got into their weird later shit with the aid of that much loved illicit drug, marijuana, which led to me picking up all their albums from Green onwards, as well as their best of the IRS years and also a couple of the IRS albums on cassette. My favourite albums as a whole are Up, Reveal and Around the Sun, but their best songs are on their earlier Warner Bros albums. Up is the weirdest shit I've ever heard and probably my all time favourite album to listen to when high.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I Love Them...
Never heard a full album though...

"I Will Try Not To Breathe"

Is a banga !!!!!

That guy has a unique voice.

9th Warrior
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Murmur is seriously genius. Every song is so good, some might say too similar but it gives such a unifying feeling to the album. Anything past Murmur is bullshit, but i'm telling you their first is essential.

born invincible
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
i got their greatest hits album... i used to be a fan back in high school. ive always liked their sound.

noel411
02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
It was only by doing this thread that I discovered they released a live double cd/dvd last year. I dl'ed it and it's really good. Definitely gonna pick up an original next time I hit up the music shop.

noel411
02-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Wow I'm hooked on these guys again. Can't get enough of them right now. The dvd with the live cd is awesome. Just found out they're due to drop a new album in April too.

Btw they have also done collabs with KRS-One and Q-Tip on their albums. I'll post them up if anybody's interested.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah please that sounds nuts^

noel411
02-11-2008, 03:47 AM
The Outsiders (feat. Q-Tip)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY2VB6E1

Radio Song (feat. KRS-One)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8VO3FBBQ

Rame
02-11-2008, 03:56 AM
It was only by doing this thread that I discovered they released a live double cd/dvd last year. I dl'ed it and it's really good. Definitely gonna pick up an original next time I hit up the music shop.

Yeah, they're good live artists, listen to it reguarly.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
The Outsiders (feat. Q-Tip)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY2VB6E1

Radio Song (feat. KRS-One)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8VO3FBBQ

Thanks a lot.
This should be interesting...

Rame
02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
KRS says like 2 sentences, Q-Tip is average, too bad.

oDoUoSoKo
02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
im pushing an elephant up the stairs...

Guarded By Martyrs
03-02-2008, 01:33 AM
Hahaha^
Acid ?

oDoUoSoKo
03-02-2008, 04:23 PM
no, a lyric from the great beyond.

INF
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
where is an Iron Maiden thread? I wanna talk about Maiden. The killers album just blew my mind.