PDA

View Full Version : Ruined Songs

Asasasin
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Some songs were good before there was stupid crap added to the chorus or beat. I cant stand it when this happens. Someone will have a good flow and it is ruined by additional unneeded crap. The song "Gravel Pit" is a perfect example. CHECK OUT MY GRAVEL PIT!- that fucking sucks. that ruined the song

I hope you feel the same way. Are there any songs that you think were ruined by shit like that?

g_flex
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
campfire......cappa's verse a real put off ...

Storm
02-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Unpredictable.

tidileboss
02-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Starter

Unpredictable, even though i can understant rza, because now he consider himself a "master producer", he couldn't just loop the sample, he had to add his own touch.

TSA
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
idk what that guys talking about, gravel pit is nasty as fuck, one of meths best verses

Unpredictable
Starter
Weakspot(turned down the violins just incase you though you could have fun with the song)
Heart Gently Queefs
...literally everything on 8 diagrams
Illusionary Protection (that shitty ass noise in the background is annoying)

NYC Everything(that farting noise was unneeded)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Older Gods part II....the beat from Pete Rock (!!!!!) could be better - or the talking should be cut

P-Noid Brown
02-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Unpredictable
Starter
Weakspot(turned down the violins just incase you though you could have fun with the song)
Heart Gently Queefs
Illusionary Protection (that shitty ass noise in the background is annoying)

NYC Everything(that farting noise was unneeded)]

u-gods verse on the jumpoff.
the raw takes on bobby digitial... poor editing.
the quality of tical.
cakes-rza (you foul tongue bitch u bound to lick my dutty crack)
i reallly cant think right now...

TSA
02-02-2008, 01:26 AM

the raw takes on bobby digitial... poor editing.

the quality of tical.

cakes-rza (you foul tongue bitch u bound to lick my dutty crack)

i reallly cant think right now...

1. U-god's jumpoff verse was fucking RAW!

Niggas wanna talk shit

i pop clips

BITCH

i put my dick oonn ya lips.

all time most memorable quotable off the W

SL33
02-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Starter- Great Beat, Shitty Song,
Campfire-great Beat, Shitty Cappa, Small Amount Of Verses

Tyler Durden
02-02-2008, 08:08 AM
I can't fault 'Gravel Pit' and 'The Jump Off'
Love that shit.
That 'Redbull' track off 'The W' with Redman
I wish that track was rethought, I hate the drums on it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Chrome Wheelz shouldn't been on Iron Flag, doesn't sound like the Wu plus has only Rae'n'Rza....and the beat for Dashing sux, I hope they'll make a remix for it someday

the silencer
02-02-2008, 12:09 PM
first one that comes to mind is Intellectualz with Rae, U-God and Sunz of Man....60 Sec fuckin ruins it and they talk too much over an amazing beat that should've been lyrically slaughtered

Suga Duga
02-02-2008, 12:10 PM
tar pit, thx george clinton, fucker

buckshotstheone
02-02-2008, 01:11 PM

smoke a fat blunt, listen to that again, and you won't stop laughing

Edgar Erebus
02-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Older Gods part II....the beat from Pete Rock (!!!!!) could be better - or the talking should be cut

That's actually only "ruined beat" here I agree is ruined. At least the song was fun as fuck. Especially the one older God in the middle ("Allah met Bismillah, Allah met Akbar..."), he was thinking he was smart so obviously I laughed to tears.

benzo
02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
smoke a fat blunt, listen to that again, and you won't stop laughing

disagree. shit's annoying as fuck...buzzkill status.

Edgar Erebus
02-02-2008, 02:55 PM
^^ Too much George Clinton. Should be between every two verses, not between each.

6 Chambaz
02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
[INDENT]

Is U crazy ???? Niggaz wanna pop shit, I pop Clips, BEEEEETCh, I put my dick on ya lips over the beat drop is classic. Uey at his rawest. Purely kills it. Don't front on Uey

Don't agree with Illusory Protection, that guitar adds a little bit of "mental" into that song

Don't agree with Gravel Pit, that's a banger

I agree to Cappa's verse on campfire

Also, Deck's voice on Stick Me 4 My Riches, the singing in the beginning of Stick Me.... And of course, RZA's verse and the absence of Ghost's on Life Changes

SL33
02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
tar pit is the best beat on 8D. bad verses (cappadonna is a no 1 loser on the album).......fuck it

Shogah
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Unpredictable had potential to be best song i have ever heard but its ruined because of awful chorus, starter, gun will go and most tracks from 8 diagrams

45 hosskel
02-02-2008, 05:52 PM
careful click click:
Wait, hold up, chill, what's that son?
Damn.. nigga got fucked, shit, huh?!
it doesnt correlate with beat, but rza barely cares

#4TheLizard
02-03-2008, 01:58 AM
yo that song the future off of no said date. its a mad ill beat from the movie 5 deadly venoms but they fucked it up by putting a bunch of kids on it. could of got much better use.

PoisonousDarT36
02-03-2008, 02:54 AM
careful click click:

that's classic, doesn't ruin the song at all

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Also, Deck's voice on Stick Me 4 My Riches, the singing in the beginning of Stick Me.... And of course, RZA's verse and the absence of Ghost's on Life Changes

Unpredictable
Starter
Heart Gently Queefs

Agree with all of the above.

Also agree with what the first poster said about Gravel Pit.

Quite a bit of Grandmasters was fucked up cos they didn't seem to have mixed and mastered it properly. General Principles is a sick beats with sick lyrics, but you can barely hear GZA.

45 hosskel
02-03-2008, 12:03 PM
2PoisonousDarT36 i just don't like this moment of track very much despite the fact i like almost any wu joint

KLIION JENSEN
02-05-2008, 05:11 PM
1. U-god's jumpoff verse was fucking RAW!

Niggas wanna talk shit

i pop clips

BITCH

i put my dick oonn ya lips.

all time most memorable quotable off the W

WRONG, sorry, although its a good one, the most memorable is off the same track....
"Wallos comfortable, chocolate frosting, you socks hanging out, yours is talking" - what the fuck is Ghost on about.

ill-literate
02-09-2008, 12:04 PM
almost every track on 8 diagrams comes to mind. i dont know how people are liking it so much it could have been at least a decent album but rza fucked it up good. The hook on gravel pit really does suck though

Jammin
02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
60 second on tai chi

Guarded By Martyrs
02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
campfire......cappa's verse a real put off ...

I thought he came alright...diddn't torch it or anything...
Compared to Method Man & Ghostface but he just says words on the beat
If you see what I mean ?
Which always makes me laugh with Cappa.
His verse reminds me of the man in front of the curtain pulling it back inviting you inside...

Unpredictable.

Yes & No
I would definatly take off Dexter Wiggles and have a Ghostface verse instead
But I really like the beat I have to admit.

Starter

Unpredictable, even though i can understant rza, because now he consider himself a "master producer", he couldn't just loop the sample, he had to add his own touch.

Yeah Starter just needs Tekitha or Blue Raspberry on it instead of Sunny Valentine.
And why GZA is on there I don't have a clue ?
Nice beat though.

I always thought that 'Illusory Protection' had one of the most epic beginnings to a song, but that fucking guitar wail KILLS the beat / song for me. I wish I could pay DJ Muggs like $50 for a copy of that song with it removed

Co-Sign...
That Intro is too sick for that beat...
What a shame.

Chrome Wheelz shouldn't been on Iron Flag, doesn't sound like the Wu plus has only Rae'n'Rza....and the beat for Dashing sux, I hope they'll make a remix for it someday

I really like Chrome Wheels but fully understand what you mean when you say it should
Not be on Iron Flag...more of a Bobby Digital song.
And it always makes me laugh when Raekwon come in...
He drops one of the shortest verse I have ever heard !!!!
Like GZA on Deadly Melody.

first one that comes to mind is Intellectualz with Rae, U-God and Sunz of Man....60 Sec fuckin ruins it and they talk too much over an amazing beat that should've been lyrically slaughtered

Yeah 60 Sec is unique thats for sure...
I would add Tai Chi as well.

Definatly agree.

careful click click:

That's just genius^
It's like he is franticlly searching around looking for the killer...
Like he has been running from him.
And I have always thought that the guy who made the beat...if he spits on it as well
He is clearly gonna have the egde over the others ?
No one else touched the beat in that manner on that song.
Like Eminem on Renegede made Jay-Z look stupid...
Becuae he produced it...

~

Straight of the top I would say :

Glocko Pop :

The intro, with the chick wanting something digital...
And then Bobby going off on one
Without that and make Street's verse a touch longer-
And it is an offical Wu-Banga in my view.

Revolution
02-13-2008, 12:01 AM
TRIUMPH

You start out with the two best verses on the whole song (Deck, Meth) & end with the absolute most horrendous verses (Ghost *and I'm a fan*, Rae) ever on such a classic beat :( Don't even get me started on Cappa's no sense-making, non-rhyming verse. ODB yelling all over the track was :thumbup: though. R.I.P. you Over Dosin' Bastard, you.

Bigot Hitman
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
The weeping tiger song off cilvaringz cd is ruined by that cheesy singer at the end, that was the type of song where you have no hook, or no singers, just let the beat rock, and throw like three verses on it. Rae's verse is the only reason i still fuck wit that song. \

"I sat around them older gods, while they build, bombed niggas up/
Felt like Sadam tapp'in on my head, listen up//"----Vintage chef

11th Chamber
02-13-2008, 12:34 AM
60 second on tai chi

THATS whats up.

One of my all-time favorite beats, and it was completely ruined.

num2son
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Ghostface - We made it should have a clan song

Also young ODB on "beat you down"

Suga bang bang on "Don't Test/Wu Stallion" dope beat, but suga bang bang ruined it

Unpredictable
The Heart Gently Weeps
Gun Will Go
Starter
Tar Pit

Choruses I didnt like:

Daytona 500
Cher Chez La Ghost
Cold World
Uncontrolled Substance

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
TRIUMPH

You start out with the two best verses on the whole song (Deck, Meth) & end with the absolute most horrendous verses (Ghost *and I'm a fan*, Rae) ever on such a classic beat :( Don't even get me started on Cappa's no sense-making, non-rhyming verse. ODB yelling all over the track was :thumbup: though. R.I.P. you Over Dosin' Bastard, you.

You gotta stop smokin crack. Triumph is a classic from start to finish.

PoisonousDarT36
02-13-2008, 05:57 PM

cosign, one of the best songs of all time

Asasasin
02-15-2008, 08:10 AM
dart tournament off of cilvarings cd is ruined by dat fat bitch blue rasberry

Revolution
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Maybe I'm being picky but you gotta tell me at least that Cappadonna's verse was shitty. Looking back, Ghost before he gets into his verse was classic. "Made em jump like Rod Strickland" = :thumbdwn: way to end a beautiful song like Triumph though.

King Tron 1
02-15-2008, 12:29 PM
whatever the fucker is talking about after all that i got is you, good song that ghost narrates, mary j. blige sings chorus, then popa wu yakkin bout gods and earths. ol' dirty should've grabbed his mic and taken it away.

and cilvaringz ruined tha cilvaringz cd.

pharrell on n**** please album.

missy "need to drop more weight" elliot on meth & ghost albums

the minute long nothing on ghost is back.

BGS
02-20-2008, 11:15 AM
@ whers: i agree with everything! fuck george clinton, fuck dexter wiggles and fuck the chorus on starter...

btw u-god verse on protect ya neck jump off is fucking ill

McTom
02-26-2008, 03:25 AM
"Who Ya Rollin' Wit" on Tical 0. The original track with ODB is a good track, but Streetlife really ruines it with his horrible performance of the chorus.

Tyler Durden
02-26-2008, 03:38 AM

Couldn't agree more. Is this the guy that said B.I.B.L.E was shit?

ShaolinDarts
02-26-2008, 07:53 AM
Ghost on projects, Ghost on Strawberry, Ghost on Smith Brothers (718), the singing on 8D and U God on Mr Xcitement

VZA
02-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Tearz... Raekwon ranting about AIDS. It shoulda stayed more like U-God, I didn't feel sorry for the guy in Raekwons verse.

Ghost's 'Jamie' verse woulda worked better...

VZA
02-26-2008, 10:03 AM
also too much Mr. T in The champ.

Jammin
02-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Tearz... Raekwon ranting about AIDS. It shoulda stayed more like U-God, I didn't feel sorry for the guy in Raekwons verse.

rae on tearz? you're on crack or something?

its ghost motherfucking killer right there

VZA
02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
oops.... prolly biggest fail of my life.

k maybe not, but pretty forking embarassing.

one of my least favourite tracks and i always skip after gods verse anyway, so only heard it about twice.

anyway its pants.

King Tron 1
02-26-2008, 02:40 PM
^^^ V for Vendetta Fan?

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
oops.... prolly biggest fail of my life.

k maybe not, but pretty forking embarassing.

one of my least favourite tracks and i always skip after gods verse anyway, so only heard it about twice.

anyway its pants.

Wait, are you also saying that you think the first verse is by U-God? That's RZA right there.

Bucellito 136
02-27-2008, 10:57 AM
az's track new york with ghost and rae

VZA
02-27-2008, 11:02 AM
that really was the biggest fail of my life.

oh my lord.

Marlo Stanfield
02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
az's track new york with ghost and rae

word.

Billy Danzenie
02-27-2008, 08:17 PM
MARLO STANFIELD

you bastard killed prop joe

11th Chamber
02-28-2008, 01:35 AM
MARLO STANFIELD

you bastard killed prop joe

hahaha yea, Prop Joe was my nigga. I was so pissed he got killed off

Longbongcilvaringz
03-01-2008, 07:18 AM
8 Diagrams really would have been a pretty good album, if theyd hadnt decided to add unnecessary, annoying shit.

songs that were pretty much ruined:

- Unpredictable (what the fuck?)

- The Heart Gently Weeps (Ghost should never sing, ever. and Badu is annoying)

- Wolves (George Clinton sounds fuckign deranged, in a bad way. and its a shame, because i thought apart from that it was a pretty strong track)

- Gun Will Go (again, what were they thinking, ruins a perfectly decent track)

- Stick Me For My Riches (awful)

- Starter (again, i really like this beat, but the singing is pathetic)

- Tar Pit (gaaarrrr, corny)

i actually thought rza's production was good on 8 Diagrams, he just fucked up everything else.

Shogah
03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Legend of liquid the liquid sword from gza. Chorus is ridicilous

Johnny Dust
03-01-2008, 01:01 PM
ODB - Drug Free

On the first verse Ol' Dirty is on fire, totally ripping it. But halfway the song when the beat stops and Dirty sings "tatata tatatatatatata" it gets kinda ruined.

Marlo Stanfield
03-03-2008, 11:25 PM
damn forreal did i hahaha.... i havent seen the fifth season yet... thanks for fuckin ruining it though, jp... i know there will be plenty more to watch

Alcryt
03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Glad im not the only one that didnt like 60 second on Tai Chi, that shit was annoying.

Agree with Tar Pit too, i wouldnt of minded if there were a few more verses but Clinton takes up like 2/3 of the song.

I wished most the singing was cut off 8 Diagrams, we didnt need singing on 36 chambers and most of forever so why have it all over 8 Diagrams?
It works sometimes, but most the time its just annoying.

Marlo Stanfield
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM

tearz is rza and ghost bro.... way off

Marlo Stanfield
03-04-2008, 05:44 PM
oh my bad, i skipped a page, no need to give you extra criticism

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
yo that song the future off of no said date. its a mad ill beat from the movie 5 deadly venoms but they fucked it up by putting a bunch of kids on it. could of got much better use.
One of the smartest things written in this thread.

bass31
03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
i cant believe no one's said buck 50 yet. cappa drops possibly the worst verse of all time on an otherwise bangin song

Asasasin
03-20-2008, 07:49 PM
sticky this shit

JamSix
03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
90% of songs with cappadonna

NoSaidDate420
03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
100% of songs wit FREEMURDA. i was drivin around last night listenin to afro samaraui. that track "just a lil dude" is a fuckin' FIRE an then freemurda pours a million buckets of water on it with his shitty ass verse.

i know he ruins a couple tracks off prodigal sunn's lp too.

claaa7
03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
100% of songs wit FREEMURDA. i was drivin around last night listenin to afro samaraui. that track "just a lil dude" is a fuckin' FIRE an then freemurda pours a million buckets of water on it with his shitty ass verse.

i know he ruins a couple tracks off prodigal sunn's lp too.

co-sign, he is truly wack. "Certified Samurai", "Just A Lil Dude", "Brutality", "Wherever I Go" and of course his horrible verse on "We Pop".

Masta Chilla
03-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Valentine's Day Massacre (from Cilva's "I")

that moongod-beat is so fuckin ill... but most of the verses on there are just wack...

Revolution
03-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Couldn't agree more. Is this the guy that said B.I.B.L.E was shit?

No, but The Bible is shit.

Surreptitious
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
i cant believe no one's said buck 50 yet. cappa drops possibly the worst verse of all time on an otherwise bangin song

co-sign one hundred, cappa nearly does it on Wu-Banga also, but the song was too ill to be ruined by his shitty little verse

I would go as far as to say Gza ruins Do You on Digital Bullet, that verse was such a let down to me

NoSaidDate420
03-22-2008, 08:22 AM
^^^^ co-sign the gza statement. i can think of a lot of songs he jumps on and just *doesn't* make anything happen.

cappa is real ill when he wanna be, but sometimes he bores cats to death. in 96-98 he spits that fire.

BiggDogg
03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
i think that the only necessary talkin was on Campfire as it kind being the intro

LuckyTheWonderDog
03-23-2008, 05:48 PM
^^^^ co-sign the gza statement. i can think of a lot of songs he jumps on and just *doesn't* make anything happen.

cappa is real ill when he wanna be, but sometimes he bores cats to death. in 96-98 he spits that fire.

Agree GZA weren't great on that track, but can't think of many I'd say that about.

I wouldn't agree Cappa can be real ill when he wants to be. I'd say Cappa was real ill in the time period you mention and has since been shit for years. His verses on 8 Diagrams were embarassing.

D-Infinite
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Box In Hand on Ghost's Ironman.

Not really a ruined song, but that epic beat at the start is good enough to be made into a song in itself. Feels wasted as just an intro to a song.

KB Ridin' is also a wildly underrated track.

LuckyTheWonderDog
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
co-sign, he is truly wack. "Certified Samurai", "Just A Lil Dude", "Brutality", "Wherever I Go" and of course his horrible verse on "We Pop".

Yeah one thing the entire Corp pretty much agree on is that Freemurda is a bag of shit and that verse on We Pop is one of the all time worst verses on any Wu record (hell on any hip-hop record).

D-Infinite
03-23-2008, 06:04 PM
God We Pop was a poor song.

Another song ruined was the final few songs on ODBs first joint. The album slowed down, they should have put those songs earlier to make them more appealing.

claaa7
03-26-2008, 02:45 PM
God We Pop was a poor song.

Another song ruined was the final few songs on ODBs first joint. The album slowed down, they should have put those songs earlier to make them more appealing.

it depends on how you look at it, the 2 last songs (on CD) are really only bonus song - the original LP has "Protect Ya Neck II The Zoo" which is fucking chaotic and then follows "Cuttin Headz" which slow things down a bit and closes the album on a good note. I fucking love "Dirty Dancing" though.

claaa7
03-26-2008, 02:46 PM
some of the songs on "The W" got fucked up a bit because of the guest-artists. I mean you get a Wu-Tang album and ODB is on one song, why the fuck would he rhyme with Snoop Dogg instead of RZA or GZA then? doesn't make any sense. Redman and Nas got down though..

VZA
03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
we pop is really really really fucking embarrassing.

Shogah
03-27-2008, 07:10 AM
That chorus on Life Changing becomes a bit boring and repetative, it should have been only between every two verses, it's like two minutes of just chorus... It gets annoying

Jeru
03-27-2008, 07:15 AM
the annoying part of Life Changes is the end where Rza's voice changes and that chinese dude is talking...the chorus I can somewhat live with