PDA

View Full Version : It Was Written

Cm0ney
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
just got this cd today and have only listened to the first few songs, message is incredible. what year was this cd made in and what's the story behind it?

tical2000
08-11-2005, 06:21 PM
if you just bought it.......why dont you look on the back to see the year it came out....

its a dope cd

Cm0ney
08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
because i lied i downloaded it

cap
08-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Fire...
Really Underrated Imo
Affirmitive Action Is My Favourite Song On It...

Longbongcilvaringz
08-11-2005, 08:38 PM
just as good as illmatic.

G.O.D.PT3
08-11-2005, 08:46 PM
nah i wouldnt go that far dunn

Koolish
08-11-2005, 08:52 PM
just as good as illmatic? hell no.

It Was Written, I Am, and Nastradamus are all more mainstream, his other albums were on a truer level of Hiphop.
________
THINK MILL (http://thinkmill.com/)

mn2683
08-11-2005, 09:07 PM
sick album

snapple
08-11-2005, 11:09 PM
because i lied i downloaded ityou're a dick man, go buy the album. you newjacks have no idea what it's like to paydues. rap makes no money, people got kids to feed. If the music is CLASSIC, then you desverve to pay for it, plus the feelin of owning it is nice. and online you can download some fake/fucked up shit sometimes. i think it's cool to download to peep if you wanna buy, but you should def give back to the artists to keep this dying culture alive. when you don't support the non-mainstream labels they get crushed. we needa unite man, think more collectivly for the sake of hiphop.

Bedlam
08-11-2005, 11:18 PM
^ word

It Was Written is kinda boring beatwise, but Nas is great on it. The Message and I Gave You Power are 2 certified classics, but Nas is Coming is wack.

8/10 overall

Cm0ney
08-11-2005, 11:24 PM
poor nas, i wonder how he feeds his family!

staycreepin_n_silence
08-11-2005, 11:29 PM
I like that album and believe its more underrated. I love th beats but 'suspect' nas went plat on all of his albums I believe son

R3beLuTionAry
08-11-2005, 11:37 PM
you're a dick man, go buy the album. you newjacks have no idea what it's like to paydues. rap makes no money, people got kids to feed. If the music is CLASSIC, then you desverve to pay for it, plus the feelin of owning it is nice. and online you can download some fake/fucked up shit sometimes. i think it's cool to download to peep if you wanna buy, but you should def give back to the artists to keep this dying culture alive. when you don't support the non-mainstream labels they get crushed. we needa unite man, think more collectivly for the sake of hiphop.

WORD. I also hate it when people have downloaded shit from artists and consider themselves fans. That shit does not qualify in my opinion.

--Gh0sTfAcE--
08-12-2005, 04:51 AM
Not as good as Illmatic but I like it, my top tunes on the album are the message, affirmative action, take it in blood and if i ruled the world. 8/10

Longbongcilvaringz
08-12-2005, 09:43 AM

It Was Written, I Am, and Nastradamus are all more mainstream, his other albums were on a truer level of Hiphop.

you are an idiot. ok, i did exagerate the quality of it was written but if illmatic is 5 mics the iww is 4.5.

but to say that it is mainstream is just stupid. and if you are trying to say that it is more mainstream then illmatic? isnt that kind of obvious, and why is that automatically a bad thing.

Claustrofobic
08-12-2005, 03:33 PM
wow you really are a fucktard cockmonkey, I mean comon, the nigga just gave you a lecture on why u should really support true hiphop artist, and you make a dumbass sarcastic joke about it. Asshole

KBOS
08-12-2005, 04:09 PM
On the real, if all nas fans were dick sucker downloaders like you then he might not be able to feed his family. I know sure as fuck nas isn't making music for any douchebag downloaders like ya self

fuck you son

tical2000
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM

how was IT WAS WRITTEN mainstream???? I think besides ILLMATIC, it is NAS's most street sounding record

KBOS
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM
just got this cd today and have only listened to the first few songs, message is incredible. what year was this cd made in and what's the story behind it?
Buy the real cd and find out bitch

Tres.Bo.
08-12-2005, 04:12 PM
i enjoy nas' shit but i'm not supporting him as a fan when the guy lacks the ability to use it well spent, seriously look at the shit he puts it into, the guy spent like half the money from his last album on a 2 million dollar neptunes beat and with that aside, worthless shit like the bravehearts and ill will records

i'd rather buy a jay-z cd seeing that jay can actually use his profits wisely

KBOS
08-12-2005, 04:19 PM
i enjoy nas' shit but i'm not supporting him as a fan when the guy lacks the ability to use it well spent, seriously look at the shit he puts it into, the guy spent like half the money from his last album on a 2 million dollar neptunes beat and with that aside, worthless shit like the bravehearts and ill will records

i'd rather buy a jay-z cd seeing that jay can actually use his profits wisely
The guy made it from the projects to being rich. You shouldn't be a fan of a rapper based on how they use their money. Thats fucked up if you ask me...

Tres.Bo.
08-12-2005, 04:24 PM
The guy made it from the projects to being rich. You shouldn't be a fan of a rapper based on how they use their money. Thats fucked up if you ask me...well i'm just not really a fan, i own illmatic, but i'm not gonna contribute funds for another street's disciple, until he really gets things back on track, i won't be supporting him as a fan nor a customer

cap
08-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Btw That Whole Story About Nas Paying 2 Mill For A Neptunes Beat Isn't Even True.
I Read It On All Hiphop.com That It's All A Rumor....

KBOS
08-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Btw That Whole Story About Nas Paying 2 Mill For A Neptunes Beat Isn't Even True.
But is there really a neptunes beat thats supposed to be fantastic? Or was that part of the rumor

Create
08-13-2005, 12:28 AM
I Gave U Power

Longbongcilvaringz
08-13-2005, 06:19 AM
how was IT WAS WRITTEN mainstream???? I think besides ILLMATIC, it is NAS's most street sounding record

True, just what i said,

youngdeck01
08-13-2005, 03:29 PM
one of my favorite albums by nas

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-13-2005, 03:46 PM
no it's a pretty strong rumor that has been on every hip hop site

when nasdaq drops we'll see

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-13-2005, 03:48 PM
well i'm just not really a fan, i own illmatic, but i'm not gonna contribute funds for another street's disciple, until he really gets things back on track, i won't be supporting him as a fan nor a customer

no that is fucked up that you only like someone based on that reason, especially since he gave us Illmatic, It Was Written, Lost Tapes, Stillmatic, God's Son, and numerous released/unreleased tracks that are classic

and Street's Disciple is a decent album, not classic, decent

you're a fairweather fan