PDA

View Full Version : slow shutdown

NIGHT MAYOR
02-19-2008, 03:55 AM
pc is running fine, no new programs or nothing, but when i got to shut down - it takes like 3? minutes to bring up the "shutdown - restart - cancel" options, then it shuts down like normal. no idea why its doing this, any help would be apriciated. shit pisses me off in the mourning when im on the way to work.

oh yeah also, sometimes it does'nt take that long just works normaly. *shrugs*

racist randy
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I have this problem too.

Bloo
02-26-2008, 05:18 AM
That's a tough nut to crak indeed, especially considering it doesn't happen all the time. My first thought is that it's a program you have running when Windows goes to shut down. I'll have to ask some homies of mine and see if there's a way to remedy this.

In the mean time, monitor it. Try shutting down your computer right after you boot it up, then do the stuff you normally do and shut it down and see if it keeps happening. If it pops right up after you start your system but doesn't when you do you normal computer activites. Then it's most likely a background program giving you an issue.

NIGHT MAYOR
02-26-2008, 05:36 AM
yeah i have had my mind on that, it seems its random. like this mourning b4 work i shut it down and it went to the options straight away. bahhhhhhhhh. annoying but im getting over it. if im in a real rush i just hit the power button. still shuts down. probaly not properly tho. *shrugs*