PDA

View Full Version : Wu-Heads Answer This Honestly

snapple
08-12-2005, 01:44 PM
how long have all of you been hiphop headz, where are you from/at, and how are you hip-hop?

be honest kids.

Tru Masta
08-12-2005, 01:48 PM
well...my first album was 2pac me against the world and i must've been around 11 years old

...am i hallucinatin or does this thread also exist in the wu chamber ??

cap
08-12-2005, 01:52 PM
I Have Been A Hip Hop Head Since 1998 When I Bought 2pac's Greatest Hits.I WAS 10 YEARS OLD.

I'm Italian But I Was Born And Raised In Belgium.

I Write Lyrics,listen To Hip Hop Night & Day....,i'm Obsessed

KBOS
08-12-2005, 02:10 PM
The first hip-hop album I bought was NAS illmatic and I've loved hip-hop since I was 7 and I live in Boston

Tage
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
my first rap album was um... Eminem - Slim Shady LP (i think)

i liked hip/hop from when i can remember smokin to dre and eminem.. all the commercial shiit, then Buttwer introduced me to 'Wu-Tang enter the 36...' and i never stopped listening to them....

Wu-Tang is the center of hip-hop....

snapple
08-12-2005, 02:18 PM
shit i double posted i wasn't sure which section this should go in iad 2 IE windows open, my bad

mashqauck
08-12-2005, 02:28 PM
well i got my first wu cd from my bro when 7 and i really liked that so thats when i got into hip hop, before i was a rocker. after that cd i constantly bought every wu cd, wu solo cd i could find. i live in seattle. i always write poems that rhyme and i record with some of the artists on here.
peace.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-12-2005, 02:36 PM
well I'm 31 yrs old and I've been listening to hip hop since the early 80's

I live in San Francisco

Hyder
08-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I've been listening to Hip Hop since 98 when i first saw Gang Starr's video for royalty on bet. So i'm relatively new to this whole thing. my first album was either black star or black on both sides... i forget. I don't know the qualifications of what makes a person Hip Hop... i guess i'd have to ask DJ Premier for his approval hah. But my favorite artists are

Mos Def
Talib Kweli (only up til train of thought, he hasn't put out a good record since)
Common
De La Soul
Gang Starr
Wu-Tang Clan
MF Doom (and all aliases belonging to him)
DJ Krush
DJ Hi-Tek

bringoutthegimp
08-12-2005, 02:44 PM
first hip hop album i loved was The W and also dr. dre 2001, ive not been in to this rap shit for a long time

IvanKorbi
08-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Fugees in 96 actually. Then nas - it was written, and after that it was nuthin but beats and rhymes

CB Sparr
08-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Listening to Hip-Hop since 5th grade, around '89. The first piece of music I ever purchased was DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince - He's the DJ, Im the Rapper. Saved my allowance to buy that and a walkman. Fell in love, it's been Hip-Hop for me since. Born and raised in Central Illinois, 'bout 30 miles from the U of I. Bought 36 Chambers when it dropped, wasn't sure what I was getting. After listening to it the first time, I knew EXACTLY what I had. Kept up w/ Wu since then.

hova0023
08-12-2005, 04:09 PM
No bullshit, technically my first Hip-Hop album was Kriss Kross- Totally Krossed Out :dead:
But I fell in love with Hip-Hop when I heard KRS-One's I Got Next album, then I became a fiend for it, been collecting albums, going gaf art, and supporting all the elements ever since.

iron dartz
08-12-2005, 04:12 PM
My first album was by the Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill, and it was a cassette (did they even have CD's then?). My favorite song off the album is "Paul Revere". Anybody old enough to remember that song??? Missy jacked that beat a couple years ago. Anyways, that was waaaaay back in '86. But my first introduction to hip-hop was through an artist by the name of Herbie Hancock. He had this song called "Rock It". I guess it was more of a break beat, but some hip-hop purists consider it an earlier form of the genre. I was just looking for a year when it was released and happened to come across this link:

http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_clips/disco_dance/herbie_hancock_-_rock_it/listen/

BTW, I'm reppin' tha T-DOT

tical2000
08-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I am 24, and have been into hip hop since I was 14 years old..........WU TANG clan was the first group that got me into hip hop...........

Tres.Bo.
08-12-2005, 04:20 PM
january 2003, i used to d/l and listen to popular rap on the radio occasionally but I was 11 going on 14 and used a gift certificate to buy enter the 36 chambers, my first cd ever

Antibody
08-12-2005, 04:50 PM
I've been into hip-hop for about 2 1/2 years, and I'm not gonna lie, my first hip-hop cd was 50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying (I was 12, gimme a break)

Wu-tang Fan
08-12-2005, 04:57 PM
I actually started tuning into Tim Westwood in about 97',but I didn't actually know all of the rappers I just listened to the music and I probably heard alot of Wu-Tang stuff but I wasn't aware of it.But I got into Hip-Hop properly in 1999 and Wu-Tang in 2002.

Mr Avarice
08-12-2005, 06:11 PM
location - London

i first hiphop back in 89/i was just a little kid it affected my state of mind/

yeah fell in love with hiphop when i heard Sugarbear "dont scandalize mine". first rap album i had was a NWA tape my friend gave me and later i got cypress hill - black sunday and 36Chambers -i used to listen to that on repeat for hours!

Big Bad Man
08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
95, so I was either 12 or coming up for 12. I didnt like music till 1 day my cousin put on 36 chambers while we were sparring and I was instantly a Wu fan. After that I raided his other cds to see wit sounds I liked, and found Biggie. His beats were raw as fuck yet his words made me laugh so I also became a Biggie fan. Others like Busta, Big L (just last year thanks to Ronin and Winte) DMX, Nas, 2pac, Onyx etc; just followed naturally as well as a mission back in time to learn more.

For years I was 1 of the few mofos in Scotland who knew who the Wu were and wit hip hop was. People fae the slums used to just blast hardcore dance shit which gave me a headache n prolly shaped me into the violent person I am today lmao. But credit must go to Eminem. When he blew up, sure he started a master race of wiggas, but he also got a lotta cunts into hip hop in this place. Like dudes smoking weed, once they get into that they look for the harder shit unless they just happy to be a part of wit every1 else is doing / like. Dont get me wrong, you always had yer 2pac, Biggie, Run DMC, Nas fans n shit, but they were harder to find. Now rap has taken over. N through the whole process Wu always been my peoples. Biggie close behind. Peace.

R3beLuTionAry
08-12-2005, 07:28 PM
ive always listened to rap but i never actually listened to good music till 2002 (I listen to underground now on general terms)

Butter
08-12-2005, 07:40 PM
98, my first official album was 36 chambers, which was given to me, then i baught Outlawz - Novakane.

i also had compilations i made on my 56k dialup of, tupac, DMX, Xzibit, Alkaholics etc..

alot of people i know were introduced to hip hop by 36 chambers, and it seems that way all over.

Fr@z
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I bought the single for Gangstas Paradise back in 95 or whenever it came out but that was the only hip-hop I had heard until i got Marshall Mathers LP and 2001

Koolish
08-12-2005, 08:08 PM
i'm from Scarborough- Toronto.
Hiphop was always around me cause my sister was into it, and i'd always hear this music she played, but she played a lot of reggae/dance hall too. when i was 9 years old was when i first started watching Hiphop videos, and earlier than that, but i don't think a year earlier, my sister played me a DMX tape and i was right into it. i was just watching the music chanells, and this was when Hiphop was nothing really talked about it, everyone was into rock or boy bands, but i fully got into Hiphop, i chose it over the other music.

i asked a friend what his favourite band is, he said "Limp Bizkit", i said, nahh, mine's Wu-Tang Clan. i had known about Wu-Tang from my sister and kind of liked them, too young to remember, but their Gravel Pit video reminded me of them. the first album i got was Methodman and Redman's Blackout! as a gift, but when my brother started swearing from the CD he got my mom banned parental advisory CDs, so i bought my first CD this year cause i'm old enough and making my own income, Mos Def: The New Danger.
________
Dodge Zeo (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_ZEO)

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I've Been Into Hip Hop Since The 90's When I Was Ten And Really Got Into It Hard In 92-93 When Dre And Wu Came Out But My Moms And Pops Would Allow Me To Cop The Albums
But My First Lp Was Public Enemy's It Was The One With The Night Of The Living Baseheads Track And 911 Is A Joke Track On It But Can Remember The Fuckin Name Of The Tape(yeah Had Everything On Casettes Back Then)

odot27
08-12-2005, 08:57 PM
i used to be a rocker.... first album i bought was Mos & Kweli - Blackstar, in 2002 - age 12.

I'm from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (Near TO).

i listen to it everyday, i write lyrics, and recently i started beatmaking. Also i'm listenin to Monkey Barz righ' now

THE K-MAN
08-12-2005, 09:14 PM
lovin hip-hop since 1991

first two albums i owned were

Public Enemy-Fear Of A Black Planet
Geto Boys-We Cant Be Stopped

O3EY
08-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Well I wasn't serious about it till the 7th. grade, my uncle liked Wu Tang and he had that old "Protect ya neck/method man" tape which was just protect ya neck on one side and method man on the other side. I played that shit untill I was old enough to start buy'n Wu Albums. My parents didn't really like Wu then but my mom's ok with it now. Plus Wu was off in some karate shit which was up my alley since I take karate.

bobbydrza
08-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I live in the Maryland/DC/Viginia area, Maryland and I really started listening to hip-hop in probably late 94 when I was about 8 years old and I bought tapes instead of CD's at the time and I believe my first few were one of E-40's, Coolio, The Luniz, Bone-thugs, and Lost Boyz, later around 96 my uncle was in his senior year in High School and got me onto somemore real stuff such as Redman, Do or Die at the time, the Roots, 2Pac, Biggie and some others, I am now 18 years old.