PDA

View Full Version : wu-headz answer me this

snapple
08-12-2005, 01:45 PM
how long have all of you been hiphop headz, where are you from/at, and how are you hip-hop?

be honest kids.

61stkillah
08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
All My Life...since i was born i was bumping hip hop
________
Best Vaporizer Bowl (http://vaporizers.net)

THE W
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
i bought my first hiphop albums in 95(east 1999 and the bloods and crips tape, bangin on wax). but i was watching hiphop videos and listening to my cousins tapes since 91.

abasi
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
whattup snapple
most of my life i've had hiphop around me even when i was too young to understand it
i remember whoodini,fat boys, beastie boys, run dmc, slick rick, big daddy kane, doug e fresh, bdp damn i'm bring back old memories

i think the thing i remember the most about old school hip hop was that no matter what the song was about the melody was always uptempo

tekunique
08-12-2005, 02:35 PM
late 80s..

KnoWisUnd
08-12-2005, 02:44 PM
started with dre and hammer, went to snoop, dogg pound, then first wu was 'only built for cuban linx' and finally found "it"

"Tired of trials and tribulations, it seems like life is hell, dreams the only way of escapin' to worlds that's beyond imagination, i know a place i could take you there thru elevation." - INS

THE W
08-12-2005, 02:46 PM
^^yeah cuban linx was what made me a hiphopper for life

Eternal360z
08-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I used to be on that DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince back in the day (even did parents just don't understand in a talent show) but I really got into hip hop somewhere around '92. The 1st album I bought was that bacdafucup from Onyx (that was my shit) then Wu, then Gravediggaz (I didn't even know the affiliation back then) then Meth, ODB; man I feel like an old head talking about woodstock and shit when I say "we were all Wu heads back in the day, White, Black, Asian, Latino, Man, Woman. Everyone was on that shit - some of us just never left...

LordReveal
08-12-2005, 03:02 PM
been a hip-hop head since 94. I'm from the Bronx. Many of us who are in our 20s love Wu-Tang cuz we came up when the Wu were everywhere (radio, tv, ect). When hip-hop was pure and it wasn't diluted. It's hard to explain to newer fans but there was a time when Wu-Tang ruled hip-hop.

PEACE.

travisty
08-12-2005, 03:12 PM
i remember when i was yung i used to watch Wu tang and b.i.g on t.v. and i used to love all them niggas. (still do) But i consider myself a TRUE head since about a year ago. When i realized what music is good, and what's bullshit. It's sad everybody else can't see that.

windwalker
08-12-2005, 03:19 PM
since gza released 'come do me'

MK_Wu
08-12-2005, 03:20 PM
^^^ 2nd that, but I realised bout six months ago....

TravelingMan7
08-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Im from N.Y.C so hip-hop has been inbeded in me since day 1
first record i ever heard was Run DMC IN '83
I think it was the 1 that goes...."1,2,3 in the place 2 be as its plain 2 see he is dj run and im dmc,funky fresh for 1983...i think its called "Here we go"
ever since then its been a wrap!!!!
I've been living the hiphop culture since then....involved in all aspects..
Graffiti,Breaking,Emceeing,i know a little about djing,but not enough 2 say i can freak it...
Currently im creating lyrics,beats, me and my peoples creating our own movement called "Warheads Productions"since '99...
been a wu fan since day 1........

P.E.A.C.E

CelticCZA
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
True that. Word

Koolish
08-12-2005, 07:44 PM
damn, ever since i was young, and i don't know at what age, my sister was into hiphop so i remember some videos, for sure i remember she'd call me and my brother whenever Snoop's what's my name video was on, cause we were young and loved how they turned into dogs. i remember that tribe video infront of the universal studios globe thing, but i never got fully into it (I was just watching whatever videos the stations played) until about... crap 97 was when i started. i'm young, but hiphop has always been around me, i never really chose it as my music until my sister played me some DMX, and i was like "yeah! that sounds good!". i chose it over any music, cause i was watching the countdowns which had everything, and made Hiphop it, but Wu-Tang Clan i've always known about, even when I wasn't fully into Hiphop, i can remember knowing about Wu-Tang for a while... at school i asked someone what their favourite band is, they were like "Limp Bizkit", i'm like, nahh, mine is Wu-Tang Clan.

i didn't start to become a serious Wu fanatic til earlier this year when i picked up 36 chambers. i started to become a Hiphop head when my friend lent me Illmatic (Best way to start) and he was like "it's not that good, all the beats are kind of old school), i played that album like 50 times, and begged to keep it longer when i had to give it back to him. true Hiphop really connected to me, and that's what I preach since then.

oh yeah, i'm from Scarborough, Toronto.
________
EXHAUST ULTIMATE POWER VALVE (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Exhaust_ultimate_power_valve)

Popa Chief
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Since '97, so not too long.