PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Or Xbox 360 if you don't have online

Tecknowledgist
02-22-2008, 01:26 AM
So here's the deal. I live just outside of a town, and we don't have highspeed internet where I live. Therefore, I can't really play anything online. I have a Wii and I'm planning on getting a PS3 or an Xbox. Which should I go for if online isn't an issue?

Paranoid
02-22-2008, 01:49 AM
:nerdy:i say 360. even though 360 is very online oriented and has alot of games with multiplayer, theres still a great deal of offline content for you to enjoy. also most of the games with online multiplayer you can play offline with your friends so they are still worth picking up even if you dont have online. 360 has a wider and better game selection and always will because microsoft has the most $$$.

360 has alot of exclusives(ps3 has some and will continue to have some, but 360 will always have more because of the microsoft $$$ factor)

I can name six 360 exclusives that are considered to be some of the best games the console has to offer off the top of my head that you can easily enjoy. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Lost Oddssey all of which are offline single player games. Then there is Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3 & Gears of War which have online multiplayer but you can still play the single player campaigns and you can play multiplayer with your friends when they come over

Then you have the exclusives that are coming to 360 in the future, there will be many on the horizon, one off the top of my head Ninja Gaiden 2 which is a offline single player adventure and I can almost guarrantee it will be the greatest game ever made

That leaves the games that are for both 360 and PS3
Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a never ending single player offline roleplaying/adventure game that is a must have, game has downloadable expansion packs but you can purchase it on a disc (For those that dont have the net)
Half Life 2: Orange Box will come with plenty of offline single player content you can enjoy(Unless you've already played it on PC)
Last but not least Call of Duty 4 is currently the best shooter on the market features a single player campaign and offline multiplayer action you can enjoy with friends

Basically the only reason to get a PS3 is if you really care about hardware and graphics, and the PS3 does have some impressive exclusives on the horizon but nowhere near as many as 360.

I hope I've been a help and I hope I've convinced you to purchase a Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console

Tecknowledgist
02-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the intelligent reply. Yeah, I was definitely leaning towards Xbox. Even if I got a PS3 and enjoyed it, all of my friends would have Xboxes anyway, so I'd be in my own little world of gaming.

I have a Wii, but good games just aren't coming out fast enough.

11th Chamber
02-23-2008, 06:40 PM
get a 360

Visionz
02-24-2008, 01:48 AM
Sony stock is actually worth about twice what Microsoft's is so there's no guarantee that the 360 wins alot of exclusive titles cause of money. both are powerful media corps. I see that as a wash really. Both are gonna have some exclusives titles that are gonna make you a bit envious one way or the other. I think the PS3 is built with better hardware and as such is much more reliable. 360 went cheap on the production and the problems of the systems themselves reflect that. I only have a PS3 and really don't have any complaints. Selection is kinda a pain in the ass but truly great titles are on the way (Metal Gear, GTA IV) those two alone are gonna be amazing. What I have now holds me over till then (Madden 08, CoD 4, and Virtua Fighter 5)

The 360 got off to a fast start but I think the PS3 is the better investment in the long run. The game selection is eventually not going to be an issue and the BluRay player from jump is a plus.

Alcryt
02-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Dont forget about other PS3 games like Haze, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2. Little Big Planet looks fun too, but it looks like more of a multiplayer game.

Uncharted is sick too, one of my favourite games from last year and it's one of the best looking games i have ever played.

11th Chamber
02-24-2008, 01:15 PM
^^^Yer wrong thinking that either Killzone 2 or Resisitance 2 will be better than Gears of War 2 tho

BRONZBODY
02-24-2008, 04:10 PM
:nerdy:i say 360. even though 360 is very online oriented and has alot of games with multiplayer, theres still a great deal of offline content for you to enjoy. also most of the games with online multiplayer you can play offline with your friends so they are still worth picking up even if you dont have online. 360 has a wider and better game selection and always will because microsoft has the most $$$.

360 has alot of exclusives(ps3 has some and will continue to have some, but 360 will always have more because of the microsoft $$$ factor)

I can name six 360 exclusives that are considered to be some of the best games the console has to offer off the top of my head that you can easily enjoy. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Lost Oddssey all of which are offline single player games. Then there is Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3 & Gears of War which have online multiplayer but you can still play the single player campaigns and you can play multiplayer with your friends when they come over

Then you have the exclusives that are coming to 360 in the future, there will be many on the horizon, one off the top of my head Ninja Gaiden 2 which is a offline single player adventure and I can almost guarrantee it will be the greatest game ever made

That leaves the games that are for both 360 and PS3
Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a never ending single player offline roleplaying/adventure game that is a must have, game has downloadable expansion packs but you can purchase it on a disc (For those that dont have the net)
Half Life 2: Orange Box will come with plenty of offline single player content you can enjoy(Unless you've already played it on PC)
Last but not least Call of Duty 4 is currently the best shooter on the market features a single player campaign and offline multiplayer action you can enjoy with friends

Basically the only reason to get a PS3 is if you really care about hardware and graphics, and the PS3 does have some impressive exclusives on the horizon but nowhere near as many as 360.

I hope I've been a help and I hope I've convinced you to purchase a Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming consolefrom a guy that owns a ps3...i have to say that that was a very unbaised reply from you son!!!

BRONZBODY
02-24-2008, 04:15 PM
^^^Yer wrong thinking that either Killzone 2 or Resisitance 2 will be better than Gears of War 2 thou might be right about that but what other excluseive does the 360 have this year besides geow2...i work for ms so i know what is comming this year...and besides that .....nothing...ive had the privalage to play too human...sorry guys but that game is gonna be garbage its 90% done and most big wigs at ms are not impressed(i was at gdc 08 i will try to post some shit for u guys as soon as i gst my shit back,southwest lost all my goddam luggage)

2008 just might be sonys revenge/comeback but only time will tell

BRONZBODY
02-24-2008, 04:18 PM
So here's the deal. I live just outside of a town, and we don't have highspeed internet where I live. Therefore, I can't really play anything online. I have a Wii and I'm planning on getting a PS3 or an Xbox. Which should I go for if online isn't an issue?if u have dial up son the ps3 will support that...just thought id let u know

Rame
02-26-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm not sure which to get either.

I have about 20 PS2 games and 25 XBOX games.

Will it be possible to play PS2 games on the PS3 in the future?

Otherwise I'd rather buy a 360, than i'll be able to play all my older games and buy new games.

Bronz, is the XBOX 360 going to stay for a while or are there already plans for another console?

Rame
02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
We don't have 80 GB here.

stashlova
02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
The ps3 has a 10 year life cycle but the Wii and 360 will have new consoles out within the next 5 years.

That alone is enough to get a PS3.

Also, you would be the only friend with the PS3 so everyone would want to come over to your house instantly boosting your popularity, lol.

And also there's WARHAWK
Its ill online but you can play offline wit friends.

Rame
02-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm selling my old XBOX and PS2 so that doesn't effect my decision anymore.

I think I'll go with the Playstation, based on the recommendations.

Tecknowledgist
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah. I only want one because of Skate and GTAIV. They're both multiplat so it really doesn't matter which one I get. 360 is cheaper though. And I expected biased responses...it's inevitable, as long as you back it up with real talk.

There's Fable 2 coming out this year too. Looking forward to that.

Paranoid
02-27-2008, 02:11 AM
360 is overall better for gaming because of its large amount of exclusives, PS3 is better for graphics and die hard Metal Gear & Final Fantasy fans(However Square-Enix has abadoned the original formula, so if you're looking for turn based rpgs 360 is the better choice).