PDA

View Full Version : New GP The Grain (Formerly known as GP Wu) Interview

Jammin
02-23-2008, 01:05 AM
http://radio.chambermusik.com/gpinterview.mp3

famenchuan
02-23-2008, 08:38 AM
great interview. Im actually looking foward to their album.

Hollow Dartz
02-23-2008, 09:54 AM
What they talking about on there?

laroche
02-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Their talking about new music, their favorite artists, not wanting anything to do with wu-tang, talking about how rza fucks everybody,wu-tang should not be the group that represents staten island, they no longer call stanten shaolin because it is related to wu-tang. their still a group, their not called GP WU. They have an album coming out, they are all working on solo projects.

I hope their new album is dope like their first, I have heard some of rubberbands new music, and it didn't fase me at all, some songs where alright , the rest where on some crunk south bullshit..but all the best to these guys when they put it down right, they show alot of skill no question

TAURO
02-23-2008, 11:41 AM
G Clef also kind of disses Cilvaringz when the subject of Wu Corp came up by reffering to him as a "little arab guy".

The reason the brought up the corp was because the mods at one point banned a member who's username was the same as one of GP, so people thought it had actually been one of the GP instead.

G Clef also bitched about being banned from wu corp and he dissed the mods by saying theres no freedom here.

Jet Set
02-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I remember when someone who said he was Down Low was here. His IP traced back to Canada or something. Think it was a low blow they did to Ringz. And him being banned was, IIRC, the days of Tha Wu Newz. And making that skit was just lame. This is the second consecutive time they referred to Ringz.

Hollow Dartz
02-23-2008, 05:46 PM
G Clef dickrides EVERY guest. If RZA came he would be agreeing with all his shit too.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-23-2008, 05:50 PM
They mention who's doing the beats?

I like the old GP stuff, but probably mainly for RNS' beats rather than GP themselves.

The Pop Da Brown Hornet track 'GP Connection' is a ridiculous beat.

Oh yeah, is it true that Pop is Ghostface's cousin? I've heard that a load of times but never knew if it was true or not.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Down Low and RNS fuckin ripped up Dont Go against the grain, I just been listening to that album, its one of the dopest ever Killa Bee releases. Id put it up there with any Killarmy album.

THE W
02-23-2008, 09:28 PM
sounds like a lot of sour grapes.

as far as RNS giving rza his production style, thats interesting. y-kim said the same shit about teaching Rza though when he taking the piss on him and the wu. Rza gave props to prince paul, marly marl, and large pro for his production foundations in the 06 scratch article and in the wu manual he said RNS just let him borrow his beatmaking equipment and showed him how to use it. so i guess its Rza word against there's. mind you GP obviously has an axe to grind just like y-kim did.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-23-2008, 09:31 PM
^^ RNS did make the beat for Diary Of A Madman. Wouldn't have thought he'd have got on that album without RZA having a lot of respect.

I'm sure I heard RZA say years ago in an interview back in the mid nineties that RNS had been like a production mentor to him.

TAURO
02-23-2008, 09:44 PM
RNS is producing some joints on the new GP album, they confirmed it.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
^^ Damn, I was starting to think he'd died or something.

What you doin on here at 4am anyway Tauro?!?! My excuse is a night shift, what's yours?

THE W
02-24-2008, 07:18 AM
^^ RNS did make the beat for Diary Of A Madman. Wouldn't have thought he'd have got on that album without RZA having a lot of respect.

I'm sure I heard RZA say years ago in an interview back in the mid nineties that RNS had been like a production mentor to him.
yeah, that was RNS's beat. i'd have a lot of respect for the guy who showed me how to use equipment that launched my career too.

they took it a little too far in that interview though, almost to say that Rza didnt make those beats for 36 chambers or that all the ideas for it came from RNS. then they said that 8 diagrams is RNS's style which is rediculous as Rza has long developed his own musical identity by this time. they basically tried to make Rza into a talentless hack.

ShaolinDarts
02-24-2008, 07:23 AM
All I heard was blah blah blah.

TAURO
02-24-2008, 08:47 AM
What you doin on here at 4am anyway Tauro?!?! My excuse is a night shift, what's yours?

I just got in from work. I was working as a doorman in a club which is something I do every now and again.

Jet Set
02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Bouncer

TAURO
02-24-2008, 10:56 AM
They don't call it that anymore....but pretty much yeah.

Hollow Dartz
02-24-2008, 11:25 AM
You must be a diesel ass nigga then...

TAURO
02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
You must be a diesel ass nigga then...

You couldn't tell?...thats me in the gif, sig and avatar.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-24-2008, 02:38 PM
^^ Haha. Having bumped into him at the GZA gig, I can confirm he's a big fucker!

KIND
02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
At about 31:10 or 31:11 in is it just me or did somebody say Silly Priest when asked if Wu-Tang had another member? Maccabeez would son GP all day but thatís another topic.

Anyway I liked GP first disc & June Lova has ripped mad trax with Pellegrino since then but that Wu Pork Chops shit is sum lyrical garbage. GP is sum dope mcís but that diss track is weaker then Shy shit on Rae. The beat is nice but GP come off like sum lil kids.

In this day & age if you diss somebody, u gotta come with flaming arrows, poisonious darts, sum lyrical uzi type shit. At least throw a jab, knock a chip off they shoulder or something, all GP did on Pork Chops was give Wu a dirty look.

I donít know if its cuz GP still live in the same hood as Wuís family but them dudes dissed Wu like a jaded woman after a one night stand. It seems like GP would squash this whole beef with Wu thatís mainly aimed at Rza, if Wu would give them a shout out or a feature spot.

I know its easy 2 slap the dude next 2 u but as fucked as Hip Hop is right now GP need 2 target the real problems

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah but no one on here was talking about GP until this week. If they wanna grab a bit of attention before a new release, what better way right now than to diss Wu and get all of us talking about them again?

hectis
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM
gp who?

BRONZBODY
02-24-2008, 04:07 PM
was never a big fan of gp wu or whatever they call themselves now...so i really dont give a fuck. dont know the whole story but all i can say to y-kim shyhiem gp pop da brown hornet and the rest who are pissed at rza right now is this....dont be pissed at him cus YOU not makin no money..yuou niggas grown ass men,do ya own thing and make your OWN money.....but then again i dont know the whole story

DUMBO
02-24-2008, 04:08 PM
well...in order to do my part an not encourage this sort of pr steez, i will never buy a gp album...fuck that...sell on your own merits not by ripping into a classic group and producer.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
^^ They could dress up in clown suits and run round behind news reporters on tv for all I care, if they make a nice album I'll buy it, if they don't I won't.

Hollow Dartz
02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
was never a big fan of gp wu or whatever they call themselves now...so i really dont give a fuck. dont know the whole story but all i can say to y-kim shyhiem gp pop da brown hornet and the rest who are pissed at rza right now is this....dont be pissed at him cus YOU not makin no money..yuou niggas grown ass men,do ya own thing and make your OWN money.....but then again i dont know the whole story
Yeah alot of these cats are mad cause they not making no money. After you get put on get on your grind, Rza gave you youre first step, IN FACT I heard these guys were on before Wu.

^^ Haha. Having bumped into him at the GZA gig, I can confirm he's a big fucker!
Well that confirms it....

You couldn't tell?...thats me in the gif, sig and avatar.
LOL

mano
02-24-2008, 09:28 PM
bunch of losers trying to get attention, cmon dont come around saying u were here before wu tang and more than 10 years after u still aint shit. means u got no talents try another job.

ShaolinDarts
02-25-2008, 03:26 AM
gp who?

Thats what they should have changed their name to

pneumatic
02-25-2008, 07:14 AM
^^ They could dress up in clown suits and run round behind news reporters on tv for all I care, if they make a nice album I'll buy it, if they don't I won't.

Preach.

36chambers
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
G Clef also kind of disses Cilvaringz when the subject of Wu Corp came up by reffering to him as a "little arab guy".

The reason the brought up the corp was because the mods at one point banned a member who's username was the same as one of GP, so people thought it had actually been one of the GP instead.

G Clef also bitched about being banned from wu corp and he dissed the mods by saying theres no freedom here.

Thats a shame to hear, especially after all this time. I thought this "beef" was dead and buried.

blaksteez
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
These lot are no way as good as the wu,i liek thers style,but if they had come out instead oif the wu-tang as we know it,they wud be boring ,they aint got voices or styles like the the wu-tang we know espcially ODB in fact all of the wu,are original as fuk! and as for RNS showing RZA how to make beats at the end of the day,at least he still got his name known,plus who ever you be in the world youre gona leanr form some one,RZA got his own style anyway .these lot just sound bitter to me..but on the real when wu-tang 1st came out i was expecting to just see like hundreds of wu related groups come out after reading the the shout outs on the back of the 36 album,so i wonder what did happen really,i guess it is hard once you get in the game to actauly bring thru eveyone,i think RZA did alot for many of thses guys ,anyway they at least had some shine and exposure through him,they grown men putting to much hope in one man and team really.they need to check themselves aswell,insted of putting all blame on RZA,makes them look weak mean and powerless,which no one has to be if they play there game right!!

SHAoLiN LoRD
02-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Please son. Give me a break. Stop hatin.

You all gotta chill with the Hate.

Look at what chambermusik has achieved and compare it to what ringz did with this site.

It is not even comparable.

Chambermusik is for the people. Wu-Corp is a self-centered advertising tool for the benefit of you know who.

Look what chamber musik has done for wu-fam. I don't see anyone from this cite bringing us exclusive interviews.

I don't see this cite help wu-fam artists get some press and face time.

Give me a break. Don't knock chamber musik.

Think about it. You all know it is true.

36chambers
02-26-2008, 10:20 AM

Look at what chambermusik has achieved and compare it to what ringz did with this site.

Chambermusik is for the people. Wu-Corp is a self-centered advertising tool for the benefit of you know who.

Look what chamber musik has done for wu-fam. I don't see anyone from this cite bringing us exclusive interviews.

at the same time Ringz puts his own money into keeping this site online. So i think he can advertise all he likes to be honest.

SHAoLiN LoRD
02-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Honestly, I could care less. There are better sites out there than this. Advertisements mean shit. He does nothing with this site.

THE W
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Honestly, I could care less. There are better sites out there than this. Advertisements mean shit. He does nothing with this site.
be out then.

dont let the door hit ya...

SHAoLiN LoRD
02-26-2008, 10:43 AM
wadedigital, u european?

J.T.S.
02-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Wow! These dudes had to wait until the Wu are warring internally to dis them!!
Sounds like some b.s. to me.

SHAoLiN LoRD
02-26-2008, 12:04 PM

100% INCORRECT.

He was not beetching, he was abusing the staff here over the fact that they banned him.

12weLvE
02-26-2008, 12:05 PM
GP WHO???? nahhh. But they came hard at the Wu, but it was a shitty efford. They Wu aint gonna do shit about it. BTW Chambermusik is shit for always posting these WU hate audio shit. WTF is that about. Anyway, I wonder if Shyheim has anything to do with this?? POP the BROWN Hornet sounds like shit on this BTW.

THE W
02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
wadedigital, u european?
no, and what does my location have to do with you bitching about how bad this site is while continuously logging on to it?

if you think wu-tangcorp is shit.....LEAVE!

SHAoLiN LoRD
02-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I live in America, where we believe in freedom of speech

THE W
02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
well, if you enjoy crying over a problem instead of finding the solution thats fine with me i guess.

im just saying thats there are 1000's of forums on the web. why be bothered with one you dont like?

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
What the fuck happened to Pop Da Brown Hornet?!?! He used to be a pretty cool mc, and his attempt at rapping on that diss track was embarassing. I actually still isten to The undaground Emperor sometimes, and it's amazing how far he's fallen in such a short amount of time.

Hollow Dartz
02-26-2008, 03:01 PM

I'mma give Chambermusik props where it's due. They got Exclusive tracks and Interviews AND they selling cd's....But let's be for real that site is based off Wu-Tang. "Chambermusik" Their radio theme track had the Intro from The W. 95% of the people over there are WU-TANG FANS. They got a Wu logo on the Tab (If you have firefox, i just noticed). The name of the site is from a Wu based song. Now they tryna veture away from that shit, I don't got no problem with dat like I said before but give props to the originators.

Hollow Dartz
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I'mma be real too. Wu-Corp don't got shit to offer but I love these niggaz, the first Forum I ever signed on to. Wu-Corp don't got no cd store, no exclusive interviews, barely update their fucking news, alot of clowns on this shit, but This is home.

TAURO
02-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I'mma be real too. Wu-Corp don't got shit to offer but I love these niggaz, the first Forum I ever signed on to. Wu-Corp don't got no cd store, no exclusive interviews, barely update their fucking news, alot of clowns on this shit, but This is home.

Couldn't have said it better :beer:

12weLvE
02-26-2008, 06:03 PM

Well said man.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-26-2008, 06:14 PM

I link straight to the forum, not the main page. I just clicked onto it for a laugh, and the top bulletin point is about Wu tour dates in December and Januray. Last time I checked it was February 27th.

Dwyck
02-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I Need To Get A Wireless Headset... Interviews Like This Are Good For Constapation...

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
GP definately aren't constipated. They've got all kinds of shit pouring out their mouths.

Dwyck
02-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Agreed... I Will Say These Are Sad Days... If You Would've Told Me In 1994 That Things Like This Would Happen... I Would've Laughed At You... Jokes On Me...

Dwyck
02-26-2008, 06:25 PM
I'mma give Chambermusik props where it's due. They got Exclusive tracks and Interviews AND they selling cd's....But let's be for real that site is based off Wu-Tang. "Chambermusik" Their radio theme track had the Intro from The W. 95% of the people over there are WU-TANG FANS. They got a Wu logo on the Tab (If you have firefox, i just noticed). The name of the site is from a Wu based song. Now they tryna veture away from that shit, I don't got no problem with dat like I said before but give props to the originators.

Can't Argue With That... Well Said...

36chambers
02-27-2008, 06:57 AM
I cant promise u everything u want but i understand all ur concerns. Im back now, im going 2 try and fix this with the mods and tom. We hopefully going to have a new site in the summer and i will be doing alot of the content, thats why that thread in dear admins forum is there. so please contribute and tell us what u want from this site and we'll try and get it right.

Hollow Dartz
02-27-2008, 02:36 PM
ok cool.

NoSaidDate420
02-27-2008, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=KIND;1067340]At about 31:10 or 31:11 in is it just me or did somebody say Silly Priest when asked if Wu-Tang had another member? Maccabeez would son GP all day but thatís another topic.

Anyway I liked GP first disc & June Lova has ripped mad trax with Pellegrino since then but that Wu Pork Chops shit is sum lyrical garbage. GP is sum dope mcís but that diss track is weaker then Shy shit on Rae. The beat is nice but GP come off like sum lil kids.

In this day & age if you diss somebody, u gotta come with flaming arrows, poisonious darts, sum lyrical uzi type shit. At least throw a jab, knock a chip off they shoulder or something, all GP did on Pork Chops was give Wu a dirty look.

yo first of all - co-sign with the maccabees >>>> gp wu comment. if there's any group out there to carry on wu-tang legacy....it's maccabees.

and - this is random - but yo - pellegrino is ILL. kids is like fam to me and my peeps. word up. italian staten island movement is on a different level...shit's ill.

and yeah the pork chops shit is some high school ass oppurtunistic bullshit - childish. if they think they beats better, let the music speak for itself. although y-kim's beats on heavy mental i'll definitly bump before any new wu....get the fuck outta here with this "wu-tang pork chops" chorus it sounds like a chapel skit that wasnt funny enough to make it on the air. i agree with the point - if niggaz wanna step up and diss the wu - it better be on some real shit - otherwise - it's a GIMMICK.