PDA

View Full Version : Thinning hair.

IrOnMaN
02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
A short percentage of my hair is now starting to thin and I think this is the reason why: I wore braids for four years (2000-2004) straight. But when I couldn't find anyone to braid my hair, I switched to wearing a ponytail, and I was using hair gel too. In March of 2006, I notice my hair starting to thin really bad. As a result, I had to cut it off. The haircuts made the problem better, but, now, I have two parts on the top of my scalp starting to thin. Should I grow my hair out and then cut it to fix the problem or get hair restoration?

Olive Oil Goombah
02-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Your goin bald my man. You can either shave it, grow, attempt to get hair restoration...i dunno, wear alot of hats like Ghostface. If I were you I'd shave it...Your 21? thats pretty young.

STYLE
02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
i had the same issue after i cut my 8 year old locks. your hair juat needs to recover. i make take till the summer but keep brushing or combing it and get regular cuts.

The D huh? i spent 2weeks in Inkster last month. had a ball @ mgm and that club i think it's ignite? i'll be back there in april.

IrOnMaN
02-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Your goin bald my man. You can either shave it, grow, attempt to get hair restoration...i dunno, wear alot of hats like Ghostface. If I were you I'd shave it...Your 21? thats pretty young.

Thanks for the advice but I'll never shave my head. I've seen guys that are shaving their heads and their shit looks ugly.

dezmond
02-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Theres a couple of places ive seen doin hairline tats... Keep it short & they fill in the gaps...

IrOnMaN
02-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Theres a couple of places ive seen doin hairline tats... Keep it short & they fill in the gaps...

Can't do that neither.

DUMBO
02-23-2008, 01:43 PM
crazy glue and - depending on your hair type - llama armpit hair, dustballs, or yarn

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
02-23-2008, 02:02 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/194/200734amanidaddywrestlehr3.jpg
Wutang hair line aint nuttin to fuck wit

begongo
02-23-2008, 02:29 PM
are the actual strings of hair getting thinner themselves or is it just portions of your head where your hair is rare?

IrOnMaN
02-23-2008, 02:49 PM
are the actual strings of hair getting thinner themselves or is it just portions of your head where your hair is rare?

Yes. Some of my hairs are just thin, but I'm not losing hair in those two protions that I previously discussed. It's been this way since I had my hair. I wished I would've noticed it sooner than later. If I had never started wearing a ponytail and slapping the gel on, I think I wouldn't be in this situation.

begongo
02-23-2008, 02:53 PM
I guess you could use a shampoo that contains caffeine in order to stimulate your scalp
I also wear a ponytail and I use that

IrOnMaN
02-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I guess you could use a shampoo that contains caffeine in order to stimulate your scalp
I also wear a ponytail and I use that

Ok. Thanks for the advice. Were or are you experiencing the same thing I am?

begongo
02-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I had some hair loss problems but I'm taking some pills for 2 1/2 months now and it got better.
My hair is really dense and the hair loss wasn't really visible on my head but I noticed I was losing a lot of hair when I was washing it. Now with the pills I'm losing less than half that I was losing before, the quantity that I'm losing now at each wash is average and normal.
Along with the pills I'm using the shampoo I was talking about, which stimulates the hair roots for thickening and regrowth.

IrOnMaN
02-23-2008, 04:01 PM
I had some hair loss problems but I'm taking some pills for 2 1/2 months now and it got better.
My hair is really dense and the hair loss wasn't really visible on my head but I noticed I was losing a lot of hair when I was washing it. Now with the pills I'm losing less than half that I was losing before, the quantity that I'm losing now at each wash is average and normal.
Along with the pills I'm using the shampoo I was talking about, which stimulates the hair roots for thickening and regrowth.

Thanks again.

In late March of 2006, when I was talking down my braids, I noticed that I had lost a large percentage of my hair. After I combed my hair out, I remember having like a large bowl full of dead hair. WTF? Plus, my hair was thinner on the top of my scalp than ever before. After a few weeks, I decided to get a hair cut because the problem was getting worst by the week. So, why continue the abuse? Again, the hair cuts helped me regrow most of my hair but it began to thin again. Sometimes, what'll happen is my hair will began to go through thick and thin cycles for some odd reason.

SKAMPOE
02-23-2008, 06:00 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/bigskam-1.jpg

begongo
02-23-2008, 06:07 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7708/img0060hl2.jpg

SKAMPOE
02-23-2008, 06:14 PM
hahahahaa peace to cuzzin IT

NY_Mami
02-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Gel aint good for your hair unless you havin' a bad hair day...... but you should wash and condition your hair every two weeks....... and trim...... And don't confine your hair to braids for four years straight...... because hair needs to breathe too....depends on your ethincity because all ethincity have different tendencies of hair problems.........

TSA
02-23-2008, 06:23 PM
^bald.

Krimewave
02-23-2008, 06:31 PM
shave your head bald.
chicks love that shit.

JerseyIronman
02-23-2008, 06:47 PM
damn i hope i dont start balding that shit would suck

why cant i just stay 22 forever

SKAMPOE
02-23-2008, 08:00 PM
hahahahaahahaa shut up baldie, u look like a freshly circumsized penis ben with hoop ear rings

Os3y3ris
02-23-2008, 08:26 PM
SHAVE IT. You ain't fooling no one.

SaqurakiHanamichi
02-23-2008, 08:56 PM
my hairline has always been thin . genetics

STYLE
02-23-2008, 08:56 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/194/200734amanidaddywrestlehr3.jpg
Wutang hair line aint nuttin to fuck wit

holy shit!!!!! i am at a loss for words. but best believe this pic is goin in the dissbank just in case i gotta fire some shots at the bay area big boy.

SaqurakiHanamichi
02-23-2008, 08:58 PM
you can always getting that surgery shit

5 g's

Dough Snatcher
02-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah man i think blaming the braids is the answer. I wore braids on and off through out high school. If not braided then i did the same as you and wore the ponytail or sometimes the fro. I cut my hair the day after i graduated (A gift to mom dukes). A few months afterwards i began to notice the little hair bumps popping up on the back of my neck. I think it was due to my hair being pulled so tightly when she would finish the braid off at the end. Either that or it's from when i would pull the ponytail too tight.

Anyway...As for your problem...It might just be generic my dude. I say pay attention to some of the other males in your families hair growth. If you see resemblance then there is your answer. Otherwise then i just say keep it cut close.

pneumatic
02-23-2008, 09:24 PM
i had the same issue after i cut my 8 year old locks. your hair juat needs to recover. i make take till the summer but keep brushing or combing it and get regular cuts.

The D huh? i spent 2weeks in Inkster last month. had a ball @ mgm and that club i think it's ignite? i'll be back there in april.

Yeah, that new MGM is pretty nice. Only been there once since they built the new one but it was fun times.

SKAMPOE
02-24-2008, 02:08 AM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/theonlydanielo/danny_mag_02.gif

SUCKACOCKS^^^^

DUMBO
02-24-2008, 12:39 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/bigskam-1.jpg

fat jesus.

my suggestion is DO NOt DO NOT get a phony-tail.

dezmond
02-24-2008, 01:24 PM
^^ Hehe..

RzaRectum
02-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah man i think blaming the braids is the answer. I wore braids on and off through out high school. If not braided then i did the same as you and wore the ponytail or sometimes the fro. I cut my hair the day after i graduated (A gift to mom dukes). A few months afterwards i began to notice the little hair bumps popping up on the back of my neck. I think it was due to my hair being pulled so tightly when she would finish the braid off at the end. Either that or it's from when i would pull the ponytail too tight.

Anyway...As for your problem...It might just be generic my dude. I say pay attention to some of the other males in your families hair growth. If you see resemblance then there is your answer. Otherwise then i just say keep it cut close.
Or Genetic :yes:

Marwan
02-25-2008, 01:38 AM
damn, how long it take to grow your hair that long Skampoe?

I wear my shit bald or get lazy and wear it low but i always go through this faze where i wanna let it grow and after about 6 months i always end up cutting it, i let it grow for 9 months last time and it was long enuff to braid then i fucked around and cut it...dude, i want my shit to look like yours...i wanna look like Jesus....

SKAMPOE
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/media/topcoverage.jpg

NIGHT MAYOR
02-25-2008, 04:03 AM
A short percentage of my hair is now starting to thin and I think this is the reason why: I wore braids for four years (2000-2004) straight. But when I couldn't find anyone to braid my hair, I switched to wearing a ponytail, and I was using hair gel too. In March of 2006, I notice my hair starting to thin really bad. As a result, I had to cut it off. The haircuts made the problem better, but, now, I have two parts on the top of my scalp starting to thin. Should I grow my hair out and then cut it to fix the problem or get hair restoration?

smoke more weed (sorry to posters who have previously stated this absolutely wonderful cure)

IrOnMaN
02-25-2008, 09:42 AM

Anyway...As for your problem...It might just be genetic my dude. I say pay attention to some of the other males in your families hair growth. If you see resemblance then there is your answer. Otherwise then i just say keep it cut close.

I don't think it's genetic. All of the males in my family don't start to lose their hair until they're in their 50s or 60s. Plus, my brother is 28 and he has a head full of hair. The answer I'd like to know is can my hair grow back the way it was? I have an appointment with a Doctor tomorrow. So I hope he/she can do something.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-25-2008, 09:59 AM
it doesnt run on the fathers side.

IrOnMaN
02-25-2008, 12:14 PM
it doesnt run on the fathers side.

No. Not until they're in their 50s or 60s. It's the same thing on my mother's side.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Dont even worry about it....as long as your dick still works, there are worse things in life than losing hair.

VZA
02-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I have a very prominent cowlick right on the front of my head. That's worse than any other hair problem bar baldness. It sorta stops me having any style except shit quiff. When I grow it I get little antennas that pop up. I'm just gonna start growing it and taping it to my forehead when I sleep, and then hair drying it in place, eventually it will go down, and I'll get a WWI style combover, like Chris from skins.

End.

SKAMPOE
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
pato

Olive Oil Goombah
02-25-2008, 08:25 PM
I have a very prominent cowlick right on the front of my head. That's worse than any other hair problem bar baldness. It sorta stops me having any style except shit quiff. When I grow it I get little antennas that pop up. I'm just gonna start growing it and taping it to my forehead when I sleep, and then hair drying it in place, eventually it will go down, and I'll get a WWI style combover, like Chris from skins.

End.

hahah WWI style...

DUMBO
02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't think it's genetic. All of the males in my family don't start to lose their hair until they're in their 50s or 60s. Plus, my brother is 28 and he has a head full of hair. The answer I'd like to know is can my hair grow back the way it was? I have an appointment with a Doctor tomorrow. So I hope he/she can do something.

you are suffering from alopecia hair loss. that's from pulling your hair out. cornrows and stuff like that cause it.

SKAMPOE
02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Who Cares Bout Hair When Theres A Silent War Going On Between Ya Kno Who

Dokuro
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
hahhaahahaahahaah sucka dont you wish you have sioux blood im never going bold ........ i should probably let my hair grow out again

Olive Oil Goombah
02-26-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm amazed at how many native americans are on this board...I've probably met like 2 my whole life.

Yea, I never really seen a bald indian, but then again, can you guys not grow beards or something?? Whats up with that?

KERZO
02-26-2008, 09:59 AM
haha this is a funny ass thread....

What ya need is some aloe vera oil for yer napper..massage that bitch in like a raver on poppers...then if that fails, shave yer head and find a bird like this -

http://www.pjlighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/britney_head_shaven_red.jpg

:lmao:

VZA
02-26-2008, 11:08 AM
ewwwwww

Marwan
02-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Damn, is that Stone Cold Steve Austin....."Let me get an HELL YEAH"!

http://www.pjlighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/britney_head_shaven_red.jpg

Ol' Ugly Bitch.....

Olive Oil Goombah
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
Britney is one of those chicks who makes herself uglier than she is.

MsRzaRecTaH
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
crazy glue and - depending on your hair type - llama armpit hair, dustballs, or yarn

lmaoo this is the best shit I read today!
hahaa:)9:(

IrOnMaN
02-27-2008, 03:41 PM
you are suffering from alopecia hair loss. that's from pulling your hair out. cornrows and stuff like that cause it.

Ok. But will my hair grow back, though? It's been almost two years since I cut it.

Marwan
02-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Hey MzRectah......I LOVE YOU......

MsRzaRecTaH
02-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Hey I love ya back!

IrOnMaN
08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
I've been taking Properia (spelling) from March to July and I have seen no results. WTF? I can't afford surgery. SHIT!

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
: I wore braids for four years (2000-2004) straight.

ITS THE BRAIDS!

Serious that is your answer, rows always fuck up hair in the long term, theres too much pull going on there. You should of known that before you had them in for so long.

IrOnMaN
08-02-2008, 04:40 PM
ITS THE BRAIDS!

Serious that is your answer, rows always fuck up hair in the long term, theres too much pull going on there. You should of known that before you had them in for so long.

I don't think that's true at all. I know a lot of people that had braids and they are not in the situation I'm in. If you read my first post, you'll see that I said that I used gel to keep my hair down. Maybe that caused the damage. I'm not sure what's going on.

RzaRectum
08-03-2008, 03:08 AM
I don't think that's true at all. I know a lot of people that had braids and they are not in the situation I'm in. If you read my first post, you'll see that I said that I used gel to keep my hair down. Maybe that caused the damage. I'm not sure what's going on.

Just because other people had braids, doesn't mean they had it for 4 years strong.

People literally can pull their own hair out. Thats why you can find rape victims attempting to cope with their emotional trauma in this way (among others). They wear a wig an appear normal, but underneath its just whisps of hair.

The fact that you left the braids on for 4 years had something to do with your hair thinning. All that stress must have weakened a lot of follical hair over time. Just think of how erosion effects the beach.

But you also got to think about genetics... your father, grandfather, cousins, uncles.. if their bald or not. Might be a combination of the two in which case you should shave your head. Could complement the balls.

IrOnMaN
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Just because other people had braids, doesn't mean they had it for 4 years strong.

People literally can pull their own hair out. Thats why you can find rape victims attempting to cope with their emotional trauma in this way (among others). They wear a wig an appear normal, but underneath its just whisps of hair.

The fact that you left the braids on for 4 years had something to do with your hair thinning. All that stress must have weakened a lot of follical hair over time. Just think of how erosion effects the beach.

But you also got to think about genetics... your father, grandfather, cousins, uncles.. if their bald or not. Might be a combination of the two in which case you should shave your head. Could complement the balls.

Thank you for your input but I WILL NOT shave my head! Are you serious? I look to decent to step that low. It's just not me. Thanks away.