PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple In Rock vs Machine Head

Jeru
02-23-2008, 12:39 PM
http://blogs.technet.com/blogfiles/marco_moioli/WindowsLiveWriter/RMSinWindowsServer2008_14C32/deep_purple_in_rock_a.jpg

or

http://img.crocmusic.com/l/albums/39/deep_purple_machine_head.jpg

I'm going for In Rock...It's much more raw than Machine Head but other than that comment I can't think of anything else. I'm also basing my decision on how many tumes I've played each album and In Rock has the advantage on that but Machine Head is truly amazing but In Rock is more amazing IMO.

I've got the deluxe edition re-releases with bonus tracks of all MK 2 albums and MK 3 albums ( except for Stormbringer wich is just remastered with no bonus tracks ) and I highly recommend those re-releases.

I've also got the VH1 Classic Albums episode on Machine Head so if anyone is interested hit me up in a pm.

oDoUoSoKo
02-23-2008, 01:04 PM
you vs me? eloels.

Jeru
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
LOL sorta :lmao:

oDoUoSoKo
02-23-2008, 01:29 PM
its kind of a sentimental value kinda thing...one of the first hard rock albums i heard...used to be all hip hop for me...

Jeru
02-23-2008, 06:46 PM
its kind of a sentimental value kinda thing...one of the first hard rock albums i heard...used to be all hip hop for me...

Yeah I know what you mean...my dad has In Rock and Concerto For Group And Orchestra on vinyl so I was raised on this kinda stuff ( music from the 60's-70's ) and he always told me that when he first put on one of those records I always ran away and said that it was hurting my ears LOL.

LuckyTheWonderDog
02-24-2008, 12:00 AM
I'll go for Machine Head, but it is close.

Deep Purple are funny. They made one great album with Rod Evans doing vocals (Deep Purple), three great albums (Deep Purple In Rock, Fireball & Machine Head) with Ian Gillan vocals, and pretty much a career of complete crap other than them.

SYRBjk9dJvU

Jeru
02-24-2008, 04:24 AM
MK 3 was still tight man...the Burn album is great, Stormbringer 2