PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to explain this Torrent shit to me.

DJMethods
02-27-2008, 08:45 AM
I know this is wrong forum mods, but I also want to incorporate abuse into the thread at some point. Appreciate if you left it till I get my head around this shit.

So i'm trying to download a UFC trhough torrent now we have some super fast internet or something. Problem is, this shit is jumping up and down like crazy. starts off as saying it'll take 3 hours, then it's up to 50 days, how the fuck does this work? It was up at like 500 kb/s and now it's at 2.1... Thats not logical.

Fuck computers.

KZA
03-07-2008, 01:44 PM
hopefully i can say it correctly basically you have seeders one who distributes them the more people that are seeding it the faster the dl. depending on what your downloading torrents can take more than a day

i stop torrenting and found alternates to dl movies, programs, albums etc.

what ufc ppv are you looking for?

shaolinsword
03-07-2008, 01:53 PM
You can check one of many the P2P software out there

Mic Tyson
06-02-2008, 03:51 PM
a lot of ppl leech so try to find a torrent that is in good condition(lots of seeders)

or you can try ddl sites like KZA was talkin about

Maccabee Ridah
06-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I know this is wrong forum mods, but I also want to incorporate abuse into the thread at some point. Appreciate if you left it till I get my head around this shit.

So i'm trying to download a UFC trhough torrent now we have some super fast internet or something. Problem is, this shit is jumping up and down like crazy. starts off as saying it'll take 3 hours, then it's up to 50 days, how the fuck does this work? It was up at like 500 kb/s and now it's at 2.1... Thats not logical.

Fuck computers.
It is more than a logical...
First of all, u have seeders....
As soon as many of them go offline, ur dl speed will reduce....
Than u need, if u have router, to forward ur ports..
The point is, in p2p clients, u have dl/ul ratio...
Ur ul speed is always much smaller than dl speed...
And when u have, let's say 1000 seeders and ur dl speed could be let's say 100kb/s, if u did not forwarded router, ur ul will be much lower, so it will affect on ur dl speed...!!! Forwarding router is major thing when dl a torrents with much peers..!

Hope I helped u...
Peace............
-suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu///