PDA

View Full Version : The downfall of the WU-TANG!!

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 08:33 AM
WHEN THERE IS NO ODB IN WU-TANG THERE IS NO WU-TANG,YOU MIGHT OF SEEN THIS BEFORE BUT JUST WATCHING THIS YOU CAN SEE WHY THINGS ARE LIKE HOW THEY ARE NOW..PEACE TO ALL OF WU,...JUST PAUSE FOR THOUGHT AND SEE WHY THINGS ARE AND WHY WU PROB AINT WAT THEY ARE ,MAN THE SUN OF THE WU,WASNT EVEN HAPPY WITH HIS WU FAM,BUT I GUESS CANT POINT FINGERS SUMTIMES THTS HOW LIFE IS,IM SURE THE REST OF WU HAVE THERE REGRETS..PEACE,R.I.P TO ODB,i dont cry ofetn but was close to tears with this video,damm if only tings was diffrent he mite b still here!!!

HIT THT LINK : http://www.vogeltjesdansbende.nl/weblog/?p=1147

VZA
02-28-2008, 08:35 AM
what video?

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Sorry Theres The Link To It up there^^^^.i Forgot To Put It Up At 1st Lol

VZA
02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
oh damn this is sad... funny though: "what do you do for the community?"

"??? nothin!"

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 08:52 AM
yeh its sad but he got his sence of humor still man,like wen he go chatting them gals up on road n shit lol

VZA
02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
yeah he was quality.

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Most definetly,just imagine if he had been treated better and came outta the depression,he would of been amazing but true he left a infinete legacy,hes the one and only ODB !!!

Art Vandelay
02-28-2008, 09:08 AM
why do people keep saying no odb, no wu. he really hasn't been apart of wu since 36 chambers. only had a couple appearances on forever...and that was a double album. he was locked up for the w and iron flag and dead for 8 diagrams. he made very few guest appearances on solo album with the exception of singing a few hooks.

odb was not a good rapper (by wu-tang standards). he is nothing more than a very good hype man.

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 09:14 AM
why do people keep saying no odb, no wu. he really hasn't been apart of wu since 36 chambers. only had a couple appearances on forever...and that was a double album. he was locked up for the w and iron flag and dead for 8 diagrams. he made very few guest appearances on solo album with the exception of singing a few hooks.

odb was not a good rapper (by wu-tang standards). he is nothing more than a very good hype man.

Brother i dont think you you understand wu-tang like you should ,when one man especaily a man such as ODB is not in your team,your team crumbles! the wu aint and will never be wat they use to be,and its cos ODB isnt there,thts my oipinion anyway plus me persoanlly felt let down wen i bought iron flag and the W and he wasnt on it,to me u needed his wild energy just as much as the rest as there style,,just imagine wat money does to a team tht was once magnificent,its still happening nopw with ghost,rae,u-god n prob the rest of em neway ..peace

Dwyck
02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Nice Post... Much Respect... (RIP ODB)

kwabena1041
02-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Good find thanks, but I feel the downfall of WU began when Rae released that Immobalarity bullshit.

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Good find thanks, but I feel the downfall of WU began when Rae released that Immobalarity bullshit.

Lo yeh i see your point, like how man tht claim he wu gona go get some lame non wu beats for his album man lol

SickT
02-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Major Props

THE W
02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
ol'dirty bastard contributed less to the musical side and more to the intangible side of wu-tang. he represented the spirit, attitude, and swagger of wu-tang. you had a dude who's attitude was Fuck your crew, wu-tang is #1 and he made the other members believe that.

there are other more vital reasons for wu's downfall such as lack of unity, compromising, and poor business practices, but ODB was indeed an important member of the clan.

Myke
02-28-2008, 10:40 AM
he was an important member. he brought a whole new life to Wu tang...
much love for this thread.

blaksteez
02-28-2008, 10:50 AM
ol'dirty bastard contributed less to the musical side and more to the intangible side of wu-tang. he represented the spirit, attitude, and swagger of wu-tang. you had a dude who's attitude was Fuck your crew, wu-tang is #1 and he made the other members believe that.

there are other more vital reasons for wu's downfall such as lack of unity, compromising, and poor business practices, but ODB was indeed an important member of the clan.

True but on the sideof a fans view such as myself when odb died to me the wu wasnt wat it was,wen i heard about them not even visting ODB in prison back in the days ,thts the 1st crack i saw in the ilusion of the wu brotherhood etc and being it was ODB a main member .then that was a crack tht wasnt going to seal easily,,but yeh i do see what you mean and agree with that side of things too .

TAURO
02-28-2008, 12:04 PM

Co-sign

That vid (good find and much props) was actually quite difficult to watch being a wu fan, the clan not going to see him in prison or even being there the day he got out was hard to believe. This guy has been with you and calls you brother for over a decade and yet they couldn't even take some time out to go see him?....Rza may have done so but im dissapointed in the rest, thats not brotherhood.

ODB should not have been so hasty to sign with Dame Dash, he should have taken some time out to properly get his shit together before he started doing any press conferences and recording.

The footage of Rza and ODB of them recording together looked awkward, that should not have been the way two family members, group members should be working.

I don't believe losing ODB caused the fall of wu, LACK OF BROTHERHOOD DID THAT.

chiba
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
this documentary just shits on the wu
and makes roc a fella look good
wu members did visit odb

odb is an important member of the wu
he is one of the most popular ones next to mef ghost and rae
and he did put out good albums

the real reason why the wu crumbled is easy
its all about the $$$
these guys suin rza

now if u were rza why would u put soo much effort in an album
in which the same people are accusing you of stealin their $$

if you look at rza's production on cilvaringz album, afro samurai, etc
its farr superior compared to the new album

rza has shinned on other projects
but his wu projects have been declining

the wu album in my opinion was forced and rushed
coz of everyones conflicting schedules & shiet

ill probably get cut up for this
but whatever, i just wanna see the wu shine like the rest of yall

THE W
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
on ugod's rise of a fallen soldier DVD uey rips into ODB saying that they sent him money and other things that he should have gotten.

i wouldnt think sending him things wouldnt be as good as going to see him in person.

MAYOR QUIMBY
02-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Excellent find!

laroche
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
on ugod's rise of a fallen soldier DVD uey rips into ODB saying that they sent him money and other things that he should have gotten.

i wouldnt think sending him things wouldnt be as good as going to see him in person.

yeah i got the u-god dvd, and hes states that he sent odb money and all that, but u-god said when he was in jail for the 36 chambers album, not one member went to visit him but meth....

Koolish
02-28-2008, 04:59 PM
^ didn't know that that kind of changes perspective.

rza visited him a few times at least.

Paranoid
02-28-2008, 05:20 PM
r.i.p

shaolin-killa
02-29-2008, 05:40 AM
you cant visit prison if you have a felony on your record, this is prly why he didnt get wu visits..

Jin10304
02-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Very true, my boy is locked up & might be deported so I wanted to visit should they do that but I too have a felony on my record preventing me from stepping through those doors. I know def Deck, Uey & Ghost have felonies. RZA & Meth visited, GZA n MK Im not sure.

As far as contribution from Ol Dirty to Wu music (group & solos)

4 Songs/36 Chambers
4 Songs + 1 Chorus/Forever
1 Song/The W
1 Song (if you count reused material)/8D

RZA (Kiss Of A Black Widow Part I & II, We Pop)
GZA (Duel Of The Iron Mic, Crash Your Crew)
Method Man (Dirty Mef [if you count reused material])
Raekwon (None)
Ghostface Killah (9 Milli Bros [if you count reused material])
Inspectah Deck (None)
U-God (None)
Masta Killa (Old Man)
Cappadonna (None)

For what its worth

Mathematics (Break That)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-29-2008, 10:15 AM
plus some songs on Soundtracks...... Diesel <3<3<3<3<3

THE W
02-29-2008, 10:55 AM
you cant visit prison if you have a felony on your record, this is prly why he didnt get wu visits..

!!

Bucellito 136
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM

true you're speakin the truth man

blaksteez
03-01-2008, 06:38 AM
When the group that comes out speaking of brotherhood and unity has one of its main brothers complaining of no back up fomr his own family,then to me the illusion is destroyed ,so when i haerd about this a few years back,to me that was the begining of the end of that wu dream for me,although they still one of my favourite groups of all time,i see that when one brother is not happy with in this unit and branches out elsewhere ,then surely this is the ending of wu-tang as we know it,maybe not be a downfall i guess that to strong a word for it,but it definetly not the wu-tang i know and was interested when one of the main brothers is not there anymore..thats why im glad rza still trys to keep tht original spirit of wu there,he bus science ,with out rza wu is defo finished ..but yo wu-tang forever! i still blast thos old classics,they live on and on and on and on...peace