PDA

View Full Version : Which perfect album would you choose...

Koolish
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
alright, let's say it was like this, you had an artist you liked and you needed an album from them, but you could only choose one, which would you chose.

Perfect beats, shit lyrics.
or
Perfect lyrics, shit beats.

i'd go with the lyrics, if you have memorable lines, it'll overlook what beat you were on. if the beat was friggin crazy but they said something like "yo i been to this spot, but i don't like people who throw rocks" i'd probably kill a cat or something.

alright there i put perfect in quotes.
________
Strawberry cough pictures (http://trichomes.org/marijuana-strains/deep-chunk-x-strawberry-cough/deep-chunk-x-strawberry-cough)

Fr@z
08-12-2005, 09:51 PM
It wouldnt be a perfect album then

R3beLuTionAry
08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
perfect lyrics because ill always remember them if theyre that perfect.

i didnt choose perfect beats becuase i cant really nod my head to a song with cheesy ass lyrics no matter how good the beatt is, which is why i like dope MC's to flow over any good beats that werent glorified by their corresponding rappers.

R3beLuTionAry
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM
It wouldnt be a perfect album then

lol i missed the "perfect album" part. that part doesnt make sense. i thought you were just asking which we prefer - perfect lyrics or perfect beats.

36chambers
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Im a lover of beats so im going with beats over lyrics. Hey, if the beat is weak IMO no lyric can save it.

U gotta have that killer beat.

no-dachi
08-12-2005, 10:03 PM
i'm really into beat making and shit like that... but i say the lyrics come first. good example of a great beat but fucked up lyrics is "d block to qb" produced by alchemist. if it doesn't have good lyrics, it can't last... if there's a decent beat i might listen to it a few times, but beat or not... if the lyrics are good, it's going to be in my playlist longer.

shit... i don't know... i'd tell them to go back to the studio.

R3beLuTionAry
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
^yeah. also if they cd has "perfect lyrics" then he will be credited for the lyricist that he is, which is what its all about.

Koolish
08-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Ras Kass' Soul on Ice is kind of an example of this, his lyrics were on point, but a lot of reviews said that the productions wasn't really there. some will say classic, some will say average.
________
Suzuki bandit series history (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_Bandit_Series)

snapple
08-12-2005, 11:11 PM
if it's a perfect beat then whoever is spittin on it will be able to catch it and flow. do any of you actually spit? do you know how hard it is to catch a good rhyme on a wack ass beat. don't matter how nice you are, if you're rhyming over shit it's gonna sound like shit.

Fr@z
08-12-2005, 11:13 PM
I spit wooden lungies

THE W
08-12-2005, 11:16 PM
i think thread starter got it right. he was saying which type of perfection would you prefer. beats or lyrics?

beats beats beats...gotta love those beats. if the lyrics are good enough however, i can overlook crappy beats. for example, LOTLS.

Father N Dangerous
08-13-2005, 02:07 AM
lyrics, i could listen to raps acapella for all i care, but the beat is nice

staycreepin_n_silence
08-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Fuck that lyric shit if the beat is wack I can care less what they are saying. I understand the importance of lyrics but the beat makes it soung smoother. Beat over lyrics anyday. I have trued to listen to track that had dope lyrics but the beats killed it. Everyones different

WuBanga36
08-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I go for the beats. I would rather be a producer than an emcee.