PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 (Vote Here)

Complex
03-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Contestants;

Schizo-Manic- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=624307&content=songinfo&songID=6295327
Technician- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6297791
Inspectah Chek- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=619571&content=songinfo&songID=6298355
Don Johnson- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6298570
Ozmosis- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=237832&songID=6300087
The Prime Sithesizah- http://www.zshare.net/audio/8168902ca571fd/
Devamps- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6317080
Complex- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6318068
Tidileboss- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6322570
GameOfDeath- http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6324022&q=hi
FamicoM- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6330774

No Voting for ya self...

Voting will end March 15

(Poll Coming Soon)

Masta Chilla
03-07-2008, 02:55 PM
how is this working? how many will enter round 2?

Complex
03-07-2008, 05:04 PM
how is this working? how many will enter round 2?

just like last year... winner of this round selects the sample for next round, once we get winners for like 8 rounds, the tournament will begin..

We should try to keep it at 10 heads from now on...

12weLvE
03-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah thats how it use to be...first come first served. But, the problem with that is that some just dont come through with the beat. Is a shitty situation.

DEVAMPS
03-07-2008, 05:21 PM
it shouldnt be so long.. like dudes at about 3 weeks to make a beat? it should be like 4 days tops..

12weLvE
03-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Thats real true...I made my beat in a few hours. I understand people work, go to school and shit, but still 3 weeks is a lot.

360beatz
03-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I agree with yall this is only round 1 if this is the process like a month per round thats crazy yall should make it like 1 month for the entire contest. Or at least each week a different round and so on. If its still going on come May or June something is wrong needs to be organized better, but thats just my 2 cents...

DEVAMPS
03-07-2008, 06:05 PM
the beats sound dope tho-- a lot of variation wit the samples..

Complex
03-08-2008, 01:33 PM
it shouldnt be so long.. like dudes at about 3 weeks to make a beat? it should be like 4 days tops..

Im with you on that...

well keep it at like 5 days tops from now on... and 10-12 headz max... feel free to expand on this if yall got ideas...

yo and whats good with my poll??? lol

Prolifical ENG
03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
sorry guys ill get the poll up

12weLvE
03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Everybody did a great job...voting for Devamps.

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
03-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Famicom for me..All the beats are great tho..

Catastrophe
03-08-2008, 03:35 PM
yea, this was pretty good, im voting for famicon too, his sticks out the most in my mind.

my bad for no showing i just couldnt flip this, i was ready to post a couple times then i checked a couple dudes beats who already posted and they were too similair for me to post.

hope the next dude picks a sample with more variations to it, cause that sample was dope but its like a keep to yourself sample, not a have 10 dudes flip it and all of them be way different sample haha. i dont know thats even if i can still participate in this after no showing.

but yea vote - famicon

ClymaX
03-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Oz killed this!! Sounds like some old Black Moon shit! Old School banger!

Chek, Fami and GOD came out dope too!

Masta Chilla
03-09-2008, 02:17 PM
very hard decision...
i voted GOD but Chek, Fami, Vamps and Schizo were also very cool.

12weLvE
03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Just put in a request for a public announcement...

Slang_Apostle
03-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I know I was suppose to be in this but I forgot all about it. We were given too long to flip it and so I put it off to the side and completely forgot. But I vote Vamps on this. Game and Fam came nice with it too but I gotta give it to Vamps on this one. Nice drops to everybody, though. PEACE!!! I'll see yall the next round.

INF
03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I liked Schizo and Technician surprised me but I gave the Vote To Chek. I was looking for a certain feel outta that sample for a beat an chek came with it.

Peace to Devamps but I heard better Devamps beats.

SKAMPOE
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
All Dem Beats Are Fuckin Nasty But I Found My Self Ryming To Technician Da Longest So My Vote When To Him! But Great Job Every One!

Ozmosis
03-10-2008, 03:38 AM
i voted for game's beat

100pr00f
03-10-2008, 07:33 AM
good battle...some real dope shit..had to go with fami.....gameofdeath gave up a really dope beat aswell
that made me write down some lyrics

good work guys

MF Herbs
03-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Man my bad fams on the no show.. I'll make it up.. But dope flips on these.. To me its between, Fami, Plex, Game and Vamps.. I liked all those joints.. Vote fami, because I thought I was gonna leave my 404 and hop on my 606.. but I gotta jump back on the 404 lol.. nuff respect..

Shitao
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Fami and GameOfDeath for me... Game got it.

TAURO
03-10-2008, 11:26 AM
I was feelin both Technician and Inspectahchek but GameOfDeath was the one that really got my head knodding.

Ya_Bane
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm going with Technician.

Several nice beats tho, also feeling Complex' joint, going a little dirtier that The Art of Raw.

03-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the votes bruthaz..This round is fuckin tight..All the beats are ill..Good shit...

360beatz
03-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Nice work, all the beats was blazin' ....

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Imma Throw The Winners Beat Into Auto Rotation On The WUCORP Radio Untill The Next Beat Battle......And So On And So On

Good beats Imma Only four In So I'll be Back To Vote

D Loc
03-11-2008, 06:31 PM
All Beats are crazy really feeling gameofdeath, famicon and devamps but i had to go with inspectahcheck one of the best beats i heard

Johnny Dust
03-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Very very dope beats!!

And a very close race between Chek and Game; I voted Game.

Slide
03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
GameOfDeath the best!

SG
03-13-2008, 11:44 PM
My top two:

Tech: your had substance and your track gave off a vibe....I'm not going to describe your errors because thats for you to judge... YOU are the creator!

Ozmosis: what happened!!!! your song got me hype in the begining....you were on that hip-hop path....I would of voted for you but you left the track hanging

tidileboss
03-14-2008, 02:27 AM
game for me, but close with famicom

03-14-2008, 07:43 AM
My top two:

Tech: your had substance and your track gave off a vibe....I'm not going to describe your errors because thats for you to judge... YOU are the creator!

Thanks for the feed and the vote..1

GameOfDeath
03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Schizo - Dope bass and drums bang hard the melody is kinda off for me. I think that's the only problem. Layered the sounds perfectly but I just don't feel what they do.

Tech - This is exactly the opposite of Schizo. Melody is perfect. Really feelin the bass sound in there you got skills. Drums do their job. I didn't really like this sample but you gave it a nice mood. Those low sounds really add depth to the beat.

Chek - Banging drum loop. Liking the story style intro, shoulda came with more clips during the beat. The breakdown with the big bass is tough. I'm not feeling the changeup so much.

Don - I think what you did with the sample could've been more creative and it wasn't chopped so good either. I give you points for the Miami Vice picture though dope show.

Oz - Really sick idea. I'm feelin the intro drums and the pan on the horn turned low. You always have a different angle. The sustain notes in the first sequence is something I was trying to do but it didn't sound right. Mad props.

Prime - Its amazin how you actually make this sound jazzier than it already is. Whatever you say you did with the synths to make the horn sound like a voice was pretty ill. I'm feelin the beat. Bass could be bigger. Organs are fat though.

Vamps - Yes. This is heat. I was going to try and loop it, good thing I didn't yours would've killed me. This beat is 100%. Feelin the sequences, tempo, vocals, and the breakdown. Killed it. Sound effect game is on point they all fit. Then you change it up again? Change is just as good as the original.

Complex - Feelin the intro. Don't like the horn in the sequence I think it would've been cleaner without it. You got a really dark sound out of this which is impressive. Drums on point as usual. The horns are annoying here though. Were they on one of the chops? Ahh, I just heard them drop out. I think this would've been my favorite beat if the horns weren't in there. Solid beat.

Tidile - Cool laid back vibe. Another jazzy type one. I could see an MC on this kicking some reminisce rhymes. Very smooth track.

Famicom - Kung Fu time. Haha. They should still dub the movies like this. SP 404 magic. Got that shaky lo fi vibe. Feelin the sequences and effects. Always with the banging bass. The mix is a little low. Dope adventure though.

Overall I got to say that Vamps energy in the beat stood out the most to me. Uptempo banging beat. And if you added a deep bass to the changeup that ish would be lethal.

DEVAMPS
03-14-2008, 10:54 AM
good lookin out GAME and the others who vote for me..glad yall noticed i flipped it 3 different ways..

uh-o looks like its a fight between GAME AND FAMICOM..

my vote was gonna go between yallz two.. GAme had the crisp drums and bangin bass as usual but Famicom got that gritty dirty sound i love.. i voted for Famicom.

peace to everyone tho it was a good battle.

The Prime Sithesizah
03-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Voted Ozmosis... lol somethin told me to go harder, wasn't expecting that delivery at all.

03-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Schizo - Dope bass and drums bang hard the melody is kinda off for me. I think that's the only problem. Layered the sounds perfectly but I just don't feel what they do.

Tech - This is exactly the opposite of Schizo. Melody is perfect. Really feelin the bass sound in there you got skills. Drums do their job. I didn't really like this sample but you gave it a nice mood. Those low sounds really add depth to the beat.

Chek - Banging drum loop. Liking the story style intro, shoulda came with more clips during the beat. The breakdown with the big bass is tough. I'm not feeling the changeup so much.

Don - I think what you did with the sample could've been more creative and it wasn't chopped so good either. I give you points for the Miami Vice picture though dope show.

Oz - Really sick idea. I'm feelin the intro drums and the pan on the horn turned low. You always have a different angle. The sustain notes in the first sequence is something I was trying to do but it didn't sound right. Mad props.

Prime - Its amazin how you actually make this sound jazzier than it already is. Whatever you say you did with the synths to make the horn sound like a voice was pretty ill. I'm feelin the beat. Bass could be bigger. Organs are fat though.

Vamps - Yes. This is heat. I was going to try and loop it, good thing I didn't yours would've killed me. This beat is 100%. Feelin the sequences, tempo, vocals, and the breakdown. Killed it. Sound effect game is on point they all fit. Then you change it up again? Change is just as good as the original.

Complex - Feelin the intro. Don't like the horn in the sequence I think it would've been cleaner without it. You got a really dark sound out of this which is impressive. Drums on point as usual. The horns are annoying here though. Were they on one of the chops? Ahh, I just heard them drop out. I think this would've been my favorite beat if the horns weren't in there. Solid beat.

Tidile - Cool laid back vibe. Another jazzy type one. I could see an MC on this kicking some reminisce rhymes. Very smooth track.

Famicom - Kung Fu time. Haha. They should still dub the movies like this. SP 404 magic. Got that shaky lo fi vibe. Feelin the sequences and effects. Always with the banging bass. The mix is a little low. Dope adventure though.

Overall I got to say that Vamps energy in the beat stood out the most to me. Uptempo banging beat. And if you added a deep bass to the changeup that ish would be lethal.

Nice review..Respect..1

12weLvE
03-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Like Tech said...respect for this. And thanks to those who voted for me.

Complex
03-16-2008, 08:20 AM
iight famicom wins this round...

pm me the next sample fam, and well keep it movin..

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-16-2008, 01:58 PM
please send me famicoms beat so i can throw it into rotation

SG
03-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the feed and the vote..1

Got your response, right back at you what's in red!

03-17-2008, 05:24 AM
^^ Peace