PDA

View Full Version : MLB The Show 08

Olive Oil Goombah
03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
...Anyone got this game yet? I think im going to pick it up today or tommorrow. I need a new game and havent bought a Baseball one since EA was doing pro baseball games.
I got ps2 so..

the silencer
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM
picked it up for PS2 2 days ago.....

I LOVE IT...

it's dope, my only problem is with the rosters...they don't have some of the rookies that are gonna be tearing shit up this year (Jay Bruce-Reds or Evan Longoria-Rays) and to make changes and trades and free agent signings is so gay...its fucked up..

but the gameplay is sick

i'll write a review later on when im outta work...

born invincible
03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
im a fan of the MLB series... i hate sports games but i really got into this game for some reason... the game play is so smooth. i cant wait to get this one.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Nice, i just bought it and looks like we'll be snowed in for two or three days here, so im going to get alot of playing out of it.
Im gonna take the Tribe to the world series.

the silencer
03-08-2008, 01:33 AM
one thing that i love about this game is that they've gone out of their way to have the true pitching and batting-stance animations for particular players..

and im not just talkin the stars....i was pitching with Lenny DiNardo on the A's today and they had his whole thing down PERFECT...the motion, wind-up, the throw, and even the way he catches the ball back from the catcher..

Olive Oil Goombah
03-08-2008, 03:54 AM
LOL...i just rocked DiNardo. But yea, they did a good job.

Billy Danzenie
03-08-2008, 03:59 PM
my uncle worked on this game and all the ones before

Olive Oil Goombah
03-08-2008, 04:47 PM
ONly thing i dont like is that its tough to hit at times especially if your not patient...but in the old EA mvp baseball game, they had a cursor come up if the pitches threw a fat pitch and you had to react quickly to hit it.
I wish they still had that....plus certain things piss me off....teh baserunner is complicated at times and diving left or right...i havent figured it out yet. I can jump...

the silencer
03-08-2008, 10:43 PM
ONly thing i dont like is that its tough to hit at times especially if your not patient...but in the old EA mvp baseball game, they had a cursor come up if the pitches threw a fat pitch and you had to react quickly to hit it.
I wish they still had that....plus certain things piss me off....teh baserunner is complicated at times and diving left or right...i havent figured it out yet. I can jump...
read the directions, R2 is dive....its pretty easy actually..

you're right about the baserunning, i've gotten doubled up on fly balls a bunch of times already..

but overall im LOVIN this game...they improved the gameplay so damn much from the last couple years and by far the coolest thing is the specific player animations..im really impressed with that...

i was using the Devil Rays and they got BJ Upton's batting stance absolutely perfect....it looks sick

Billy Danzenie
03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Shawn Robles in the credits thats my uncle

and my Dad works on NBA (Not Live)

Storm
03-11-2008, 07:40 PM

You should get mvp 2005 for pc and go to either mvpmods.com or eamods.com. You can update the games rosters, uniforms, players, stadiums, etc. It's definetly worth it.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-11-2008, 10:53 PM
haha..finally got the diving down. Also with the hitting, maybe its cuz i havnet owned a baseball game since the Albert Pujols cover, but you gotta like aim your swing with the left joystick.....I been hitting the ball alot more after i got shut out about 3 games in a row.
in the old one, if you which direction you pressed would be were you hit the ball...

Its cool tho, im lovin this game myself...player animations are awesome. They got Paul Byrds old school wind-up..clutch.

the silencer
03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
You should get mvp 2005 for pc and go to either mvpmods.com or eamods.com. You can update the games rosters, uniforms, players, stadiums, etc. It's definetly worth it.
i was considering that for a while cuz i checked out those mods and they're amazing....they got all the 70s and 80s stuff going on and all that...

but i just can't ever get into computer games...i prefer sitting down playin the shit on tv

Olive Oil Goombah
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
yea same here

Olive Oil Goombah
03-25-2008, 06:14 PM
This game has gotten on my nerves lately...maybe I should bump it down to rookie, cuz i get annoyed having to wait for pitches cuz the CPU on veteran throws alot of balls. PLus im not hittin that many homeruns.

Its a cool game, but I just dont feel like playing one game per hour. Maybe ill trade this shit in.