PDA

View Full Version : the other day i was just thinking about how ignorant

RADIOACTIVE MAN
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
some of the younger black brothers can be these days as far as being hard goes,(im not gonna speak on whites cause my white friends only hang out with me periodically)why is it that some of these young cats have a need to brag about how hard their area code is or try and threaten niggaz about what they gonna do to you and all this dumb shit,im saying this because ive been there done that,after being stabbed and shot before,you get to a point where you realise that this shit is fucking stupid,i find it funny how fags who have never even felt how cold and painful a bullet is can run their mouth about how gangster they are

i have a few cats on this forum i grew up with and they will tell you,i was gone mentally,my ass was so stupid and dumb to realise that "hardcore" shit is for pansies,i guess i was trying to live the dream alotta cats would wanna live,i came from a well to do fam but was well known and good in the hood and shit,i started fucking with rapists and freaking murderers thinking they were family to me till them cats shot me,my boy spk who on here too and a few other homies would try to reach me man,try to tell me about them niggaz but i thought i was hard till i seen death eye to eye,that shit will humble you for real

so my question here is..do these cats actually have to be in a near death experience to get it?
and why the whole area code brag?? i mean so what if you from the chi,home of the gangsters,there are pussies there too

shinobi4227
03-08-2008, 04:33 PM
All them young niggas is just too dam stupid to realize it. This stuff is still a major problem, nowadays you see 14 to 17 year old black kids that don't know jack acting though and shit, trying to be gangster. that shit just makes me wanna take one of em to a dark alley and bitch slap him, but they never disrespect the God tho. Anyways, as you said GYS, this young cats need to experience a near death experience before they wise up and realize they on the wrong path.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
03-08-2008, 04:36 PM
All them young niggas is just too dam stupid to realize it. This stuff is still a major problem, nowadays you see 14 to 17 year old black kids that don't know jack acting though and shit, trying to be gangster. that shit just makes me wanna take one of em to a dark alley and bitch slap him, but they never disrespect the God tho. Anyways, as you said GYS, this young cats need to experience a near death experience before they wising up.
yo for real,i lived in south Africa for a little and theres this bneighbourhood called soweto,right now,its one of the places with the higest crime rate in the world,i used to go in there with my nigs man and see fucking bodies in dumpsters and shit..real talk,sometimes its like i should get these fake ass lil niggaz and take em there,leave em by themselves for a day and see how grimey it can get and these are cats who are really struggling,they do it for survival not for fun,then now theres pussies running around,preety much have everything handed to them and they wanna emulate that shit..

great point shinobi

you de make sense

Edgar Erebus
03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
They do what is served to them. They are young and without their own stances, you know, you develop them in late teens, so they do what their role models do. If you have 50 talking about thug shit and bragging with his nine bullet scars, youngsters will do anything to get their nine bullets and then brag with their thug. If you look at 8 Mile and see them rappers dissing area code 810 and repping 313, you gonna do same for your area code. KnowI'msayin?

It's just a consequence of I-dunno-who making the atmosphere where only the thuggest motherfuckers or the biggest drinkers or those that get most pussy or dough or smoke most weed (point is in superlatives) are viewed as those that are worth following, others are just meh or something. You are either all or nothing. And somewhere in the process was lost respect for intellectual values, because I know back in the day youngsters were showing mad respect to older gods that know their math. (Just look at some posters here if you see what I mean).

I was never like that.

Therefore I was never popular among cats of my age.

03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
to make a long story short, everybody wants to be cool and to be respected.
if you're dumb, with no education, you think you'll be respected if you're tough and if your hood has a bad rep...

I was the same, thinking that being respected by 10 idiots and having a Mercedes is thye greatest thing in the world, until I started reading philosophy.
That will teach you what's really valuable.

HANZO
03-08-2008, 05:48 PM
its called ignorance. they have nothing else to brag about. when u have no academic or physical skills you have no arguement to warrant some respect. so these youths will try to obtain respect by acting thuggish. because on the streets this will give u that respect you want.

03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
exactly.
remember one thing, from old 002 :p (seriously) "The man" wants a large number of people to be dumb, it's an essential part of the system. it will not work without this.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Hip hop definitely aint helpin in my opinion. It influences alot of teens. I noticed the lack of respect for anyone, not only adults, but for anybody around them...everyone tryin to be so hard.
I think its the break down of neighborhoods in general and the lack of community anymore.
Our generation is really kinda fucked up, im 26, and the younger ones are worse than us.

What can you do??? Nothing really. I guess people need to start walkin the walk instead of just talkin the talk.
I'll use wutang as an example.....I'm a fan but Ghost and Rae are STILL talkin that drug shit.
Its like the only thing that matters it your rep...thats not good. Thats a very selfish individualistic notion. But in a way its very american....

Olive Oil Goombah
03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
exactly.
remember one thing, from old 002 :p (seriously) "The man" wants a large number of people to be dumb, it's an essential part of the system. it will not work without this.

i think the problem is they use that as an excuse too much. Especially these dudes nowadays....they got plenty of opportunities out there. Like SHifter said....look at south africa.

Self pity is like a bottomless pit.

TAURO
03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Hip hop definitely aint helpin in my opinion. It influences alot of teens. I noticed the lack of respect for anyone, not only adults, but for anybody around them...everyone tryin to be so hard.
I think its the break down of neighborhoods in general and the lack of community anymore.
Our generation is really kinda fucked up, im 26, and the younger ones are worse than us.

What can you do??? Nothing really. I guess people need to start walkin the walk instead of just talkin the talk.
I'll use wutang as an example.....I'm a fan but Ghost and Rae are STILL talkin that drug shit.
Its like the only thing that matters it your rep...thats not good. Thats a very selfish individualistic notion. But in a way its very american....

Co-sign, but unfortunately it's a global problem.

03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
i think the problem is they use that as an excuse too much. Especially these dudes nowadays....they got plenty of opportunities out there. Like SHifter said....look at south africa.

Self pity is like a bottomless pit.

oh, yes, I wasn't saying it's an excuse.

Edgar Erebus
03-08-2008, 06:27 PM
^^^ Every year millions of kids are born, "blind to the ways of mankind". They ARE the future, and instead of wasting our time by acting thug or crying above bullshitness of our generation, we should concentrate on them not repeating our mistakes.

shinobi4227
03-08-2008, 06:35 PM
its called ignorance. these youths will try to obtain respect by acting thuggish. because on the streets this will give u that respect you want.

The only respect these fake thugs be getting is a slug thru the chest.Most of these kids never lived it, they only saw it on T.V.

-The A to the Z-
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
ill admit it, i do occasionally point out the dangers of just-out-of-inner-city life to my suburban contacts, kind of as a justification to listening to slum music. kind of feel a connection with it.

but i dont over-exaggerate, participate or glorify the condition or circumstances, and i think of it as being:
when i grow up and move forward, i can look back knowing ive made progress and have experienced life along a steady path, and kind of feel good knowing i havent led too sheltered a life...

but its still a slightly ignorant way of thinking.

TSA
03-08-2008, 08:37 PM
What is this the Charles Jones Renassiance

TSA
03-08-2008, 08:42 PM
personally i've come to learn that it's the niggas that front that be pullin stunts.

most real ass niggas know they have something to loose, so they don't act billigerent unless provoked, or need be, but the realness is knowning they won't hesitate to do it.

fake ass niggas on the other handaren't doing it out of need, which is the scary part, they're doing it to impress, or for ego purposes, so they're 2X more likely to pull some fatal shit then real niggas.

The faker of the crew usually starts the fight cause he starts huffing and puffing to impress the real ones, and then real ones, being real, have to back their boy.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
03-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Ive read some of the greatest points on here but to those who say its enviroment and the peeps they hang around,thats true to an extent but isnt growing up in a bad enviroment motivation enough to want to get out of that shit and make something better out of yourself,this shit kills me because most of these cats got it backwards,you got dudes bragging about being from the hood living with roaches and shit,i thought the aim here was to live the good life in luxury?what the fuck did i miss?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Ive read some of the greatest points on here but to those who say its enviroment and the peeps they hang around,thats true to an extent but isnt growing up in a bad enviroment motivation enough to want to get out of that shit and make something better out of yourself,this shit kills me because most of these cats got it backwards,you got dudes bragging about being from the hood living with roaches and shit,i thought the aim here was to live the good life in luxury?what the fuck did i miss?

Peer pressure is a bitch when your young....but you would hope people would grow out of that stuff. Yea, i dont get the glorification either....anyone whose ever been to the hood knows you dont wanna be their.....you would think.

I hate to put it all on rappers but these are teh dudes who are pushing this perception out there, and with raps popularity and its permeation thru the globe, its really only perpetuated bad stereotypes.
you know its like a mob movie that glorifies its characters...
And good example of this is Paul Sorvino's character Paulie in Goodfellas....Like he was this good honorable guy, when in real life he was a fat slob who was fuckin Karen behind henry's back and shit.....but the movie makes it out to be like....
DAMN i wanna be a goodfella.

Robert
03-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Where's TekStyles?

03-09-2008, 08:04 AM
it's his birthday today :)

shinobi4227
03-09-2008, 08:43 AM
this shit kills me because most of these cats got it backwards,you got dudes bragging about being from the hood living with roaches and shit,i thought the aim here was to live the good life in luxury?what the fuck did i miss?

Co-sign.

J.T.S.
03-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I was like those young kids man out there shooting people, and selling crack!
But like shifter i was shot twice, still didn't learn at first!
Not until i was with a best friend, and these dudes pulled a driveby
and he was murdered, dude died right in my arms man life changing experience!
I had to explain to his girlfriend(who was 6 months pregnant with his baby)
that we were selling crack, and gang-banging for some people that didn't really care about us! I woke up because dude was trying to tell me we had to get out the game, and i was like let's just do a little more dirt, and boom he gets killed just like that!
I 'm raising his seed like it's mine and make sure his girl's straight.
I made it out the hood, if i can anyone can i was running with stickup kids robbing everything that moved! And the only thing i got for all this was 2 years upstate, a bunch of enemies, getting shot 2 different times, and almost stabbed!
But know i speak at youth centers about the shit i went through and all that!
Someone mentioned Ghost, and Rae, about their drugrap you can't knock that shit because that's how the hood is man! If they weren't talking about the shit they probably would still be doing it. If your gonna knock reality in hip-hop you should knock movies as well. the shit's just entertainment! You can't blame it on hip-hop!

Olive Oil Goombah
03-09-2008, 01:12 PM
You can blame them for influencing younger kids. I guarantee alot of kids on this board are influenced badly by them.
Your right in that its on the kids themselves and more often than not its on their parents and upbringing. All im sayin is that shit doesnt help.

The hood IS the hood, but its not like everyone living there is a criminal.

Its like when did people start thinking doing the right thing is being pussy? Like movin outta the ghetto, getting a nicer place, going to better schools....people are embarassed about that, and even here, some of the more fortunate are kinda embarassed(it seems) that they come from some success. thats idiotic..

I'll never forget these words of advice I was given at about 18....it was from a guy who was the son of a connected guy and used to raise hell as a kid. He was a bad motherfucker....he told me all the fights he'd been in, and all that bullshit, all that reputation stuff is crap, cuz nobody really cares anyway....it gets you nowhere but trouble. He said go to school, do something positive cuz while your own personal rep may be big on the streets, your families and your people's will suffer in the real world.
I never forgot that shit, especially comin from him....maybe thats what these kids lack. Guidance.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
do these kids even know the new Portishead leaked??

smh at todays youth.

TAURO
03-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I was like those young kids man out there shooting people, and selling crack!
But like shifter i was shot twice, still didn't learn at first!
Not until i was with a best friend, and these dudes pulled a driveby
and he was murdered, dude died right in my arms man life changing experience!
I had to explain to his girlfriend(who was 6 months pregnant with his baby)
that we were selling crack, and gang-banging for some people that didn't really care about us! I woke up because dude was trying to tell me we had to get out the game, and i was like let's just do a little more dirt, and boom he gets killed just like that!
I 'm raising his seed like it's mine and make sure his girl's straight.
I made it out the hood, if i can anyone can i was running with stickup kids robbing everything that moved! And the only thing i got for all this was 2 years upstate, a bunch of enemies, getting shot 2 different times, and almost stabbed!
But know i speak at youth centers about the shit i went through and all that!
Someone mentioned Ghost, and Rae, about their drugrap you can't knock that shit because that's how the hood is man! If they weren't talking about the shit they probably would still be doing it. If your gonna knock reality in hip-hop you should knock movies as well. the shit's just entertainment! You can't blame it on hip-hop!

First of all I want to say respect for finding a way out, I wish more people would do the same.

Secondly I think the problem with the messages being sent in hip hop is that at one point the message in the music was "Im from the streets, it's dangerous and a struggle, I want to get out and live a better life" but somewhere down the line the message changed to something along the lines of "I love the ghetto and doing ghetto shit but I want to get paid anyway I can to buy my flashy shit and be up in the clubs"
Thats whats wrong with hip hop, it's the message thats being broadcast to the youth. As long as this shit continues it will be an almost neverending struggle to educate them.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
^^agreed...