PDA

View Full Version : Which Roots album is your favorite?

bobbydrza
06-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Illidelph

CeeDub204
06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Illadelph Halflife is probably my fav, but I have to admit Tipping Point is fire.

Why is this one the board four times?

DthAngel
06-12-2005, 09:48 PM
Although Illadelph is their best IMO, Things Fall Apart is my fav.

Groove Monkey
06-12-2005, 10:13 PM
I love all the Roots older stuff but the last one The Tipping Point is fresh and I love the direction of their music

Luda848
06-12-2005, 10:15 PM
1. Things Fall Apart
2. Do You Want More!!??!???!
3. Illadelph Halflife

all are 10/10 though, imo

brahma
06-12-2005, 10:37 PM
the roots are pop music

workofamasta
06-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Illadelph Halflife is my favorite but Things Fall Apart is great too. Other than those two, I don't really think any of their other work is even on that level but it is still good.

somu
06-13-2005, 01:56 AM
tipping point.....tight

PDTantisocial
06-13-2005, 03:05 AM
1-Illadelph
2-Things Fall Apart
3-Tipping Point
4-Do You Want More

tical2000
06-13-2005, 03:38 AM
the roots are pop music
What a fuckin queer this guy is..........ROOTS are on of the dopest groups of all time you fuckin herb

Digi Stance
06-13-2005, 10:38 AM
1. Illadelph Halflife

2. Do You Want More??!!!!?!?!!?

3. Things Fall Apart

brahma
06-13-2005, 10:57 AM
What a fuckin queer this guy is..........ROOTS are on of the dopest groups of all time you fuckin herbyeah! like "you wonīt belive the things iīve seen far beyond your wildest dreams... LALALALA" thatīs POP to me doe!

same pocedure with
" i pushed my seed in the ... LALALA" thatīs simply POP/wannabe RoCK BS!

okay.. i see your points -- but what about " Donīt say nothin... LALALA" Damn brovas! the roots are even more pop to me than black eyed peas ...

ok.. we have different views on real rap music.... my opinion is... they donīt have real street flow, credibility, no true skillz and the voices of the chorus singers are just toooo comercial.... what about wu tang girls singing the chorus.-- THAT`S SOME REAL VOICES FROM THE STREET AND uhhhhhh i feel that... the roots is pop too me.. maybe cause i only heard around 15 tracks of em yet... but DAMN - i donīt try to hear more .... SORRY! i canīt really respect rappers who put a female singer/chorus in so many songs.

but donīt beef about different views... i respect ya opinions. i for personal like dipset much and half of you donīt like em-.. so... peace

MILF DOOM
06-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Do you want more!!!
because this was the album that introduced me to them, its so jazzy, funky and has so much replay value.
But illadelphalife is probably their best work especially BT lyrically, but has'nt got much of that live vibe that Do you want more and Things fall apart have.

Wzarecta
06-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Just beacuase they're music isn't about killing, guns etc. or isnt grimey doesn't mean they're pop.

Black Thought is the most underrated emcee in existence and Do You Want More, Illadelph and Things Fall Apart are all classics. Organix and Tipping Point are both very good too, even Phrenology is more than solid.

tical2000
06-13-2005, 02:04 PM
yeah! like "you wonīt belive the things iīve seen far beyond your wildest dreams... LALALALA" thatīs POP to me doe!

same pocedure with
" i pushed my seed in the ... LALALA" thatīs simply POP/wannabe RoCK BS!

okay.. i see your points -- but what about " Donīt say nothin... LALALA" Damn brovas! the roots are even more pop to me than black eyed peas ...

ok.. we have different views on real rap music.... my opinion is... they donīt have real street flow, credibility, no true skillz and the voices of the chorus singers are just toooo comercial.... what about wu tang girls singing the chorus.-- THAT`S SOME REAL VOICES FROM THE STREET AND uhhhhhh i feel that... the roots is pop too me.. maybe cause i only heard around 15 tracks of em yet... but DAMN - i donīt try to hear more .... SORRY! i canīt really respect rappers who put a female singer/chorus in so many songs.

but donīt beef about different views... i respect ya opinions. i for personal like dipset much and half of you donīt like em-.. so... peace

haha what a fuckin herb this kid is............sayin that the Roots have no true skills? first off they all play there Instruments, and second Black Thought is one of the best rappers in the game today.......have you ever seen them live??? Black Thought goes nuts.

.......secondly saying that thr ROOTS suck and that you like DIPSET......haha.....those fuckin queers, who do the "girls just wanna have fun" remake.....and those shitty crossover attempts like "hey ma".........I am sure live in concert those dudes probably just lipsync to a vocal track

Ink Is My Drink
06-13-2005, 02:19 PM
i havent heard muhc of the roots but wat ive heard they well good.

pop wtf??

djthieves
06-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Brahma, listen to Things Fall Apart and/or Illedelph, then tell me you still think they are pop. Recently they've put out more "commercial" singles, especially their last two albums. If you're refering to these songs, I can understand your statement...but please, buy/listen to Things Fall Apart and if you still think they're pop then........I dunno.

1. Thing Fall Apart
2. Do You Want More??!!
3. Illedelphalflife

Digi Stance
06-13-2005, 02:27 PM
things fall apart is the closest theyve come to pop

didn't it win a grammy?

brahma
06-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Brahma, listen to Things Fall Apart and/or Illedelph, then tell me you still think they are pop. Recently they've put out more "commercial" singles, especially their last two albums. If you're refering to these songs, I can understand your statement...but please, buy/listen to Things Fall Apart and if you still think they're pop then........I dunno.

1. Thing Fall Apart
2. Do You Want More??!!
3. Illedelphalflifeyeah! well.. i only listened to tracks of their last two albums... hm.. and thatīs their recent state... well.. i try to listen to earler stuff... but to me they went pop recently

Digi Stance
06-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Tipping point was dope... maybe better than Things Fall apart to me... but all their albums are dope

djthieves
06-13-2005, 03:05 PM
things fall apart is the closest theyve come to pop

didn't it win a grammy?
Things Fall Apart was big b/c of their single "You Got Me" featuring Badu. I think that single won a grammy....but becoming pop(ular) b/c of quality and "sounding" pop(ular) is a whole different thing. "Things..." dosen't sound pop: i.e. Step into the Realm, Dynamite!, Adreneline, 100% Dundee, ect.... "You Got Me" was a slow song w/Badu singing the chorus but it didn't sound pop. The Next Movement didn't sound pop to me, either.

Wzarecta
06-13-2005, 03:12 PM
....but becoming pop(ular) b/c of quality and "sounding" pop(ular) is a whole different thing. "Things..." dosen't sound pop: i.e. Step into the Realm, Dynamite!, Adreneline, 100% Dundee, ect.... "You Got Me" was a slow song w/Badu singing the chorus but it didn't sound pop. The Next Movement didn't sound pop to me, either.Exactly, they just finally got the success and recognition they deserved with Things Fall Apart.

tical2000
06-13-2005, 03:55 PM
this is a stupid conversation....that got sparked by a dude who says he likes more hardcore groups like DIPSET???? "HEY MA"..............

ROOTS are a HIP HOP group and have kept it real for years..........nuff said

Polocash7
06-13-2005, 05:49 PM
this is a stupid conversation....that got sparked by a dude who says he likes more hardcore groups like DIPSET???? "HEY MA"..............

ROOTS are a HIP HOP group and have kept it real for years..........nuff saidCo signs. The Roots ain't pop. Pop means popular. The Roots ain't that popular. They have never pushed anything close to plat.

cutthroat
06-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Illadelph Halflife is my fav,
Lyrically Black Thought could not be touched on this one, great beats, great guest appearances. A classic period.

Deity Allah
06-16-2005, 05:14 PM
No question, Illadeph!