PDA

View Full Version : How the fuck do i choose a career?

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm still in community college because i haven't figured out what the fuck to do with my life yet. Anyone have any real life suggestions?

Or how did you guys who have a career come to that conclusion?

Serious talk for once (thats gonna be tough for all of us.)
Any ideas?

Storm
03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
What things do you like doing that could lead you to a career choice.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Spin the wheel of life and whatever you land on take it.

J/K

do what pays you well and makes you happy

The Hound
03-17-2008, 09:38 PM
learn a trade. they get good money and u will be satisfied u actually know shit

TAURO
03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
You're asking wu-corp to help you with making a life decision?...wow, no wonder black dudes are taking your girls.

LORD NOSE
03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
go to your local circus and let them watch you elbow yourself in the abdomen
you'll make mad money off of that shit

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Basically, i dont care what i do as long as it pays at least fairly well and is not a danger to my health. Any ideas?

Olive Oil Goombah
03-17-2008, 10:03 PM
It all depends on what you are good at and what you wanna do. I started out with accounting but soon realized i hated it and switched to history and teaching, the stuff i like. And if that doesnt work i could landscape with my uncle and make a living doing that, taking over the family business or starting my own.
Give yourself some options

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Fuck, all the shit i wanna do is bullshit. I like hip-hop, maybe i can be a rapper. I love art and photography, maybe i'll be an illustrator or photographer, etc...see what i mean?

Storm
03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Do photography.

Olive Oil Goombah
03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
well...get into computer design or something like that. My cousin does that shit, she make money. Designs her own t'shirts and stuff.

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
^I'm not a computer geek. Ah screw it, i'll be a bum living in an abandoned train car....thanks niggz....

Olive Oil Goombah
03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
well with that attitude......yea.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
get into Private Equity.

youll have to soul or life, but it pays pretty well.

TSA
03-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm still in community college because i haven't figured out what the fuck to do with my life yet. Anyone have any real life suggestions?

Or how did you guys who have a career come to that conclusion?

Serious talk for once (thats gonna be tough for all of us.)
Any ideas?
your problem is your too content with life

therefore you feel no real "need" to do anything out of the norm.

and your parents didn't force you to be something ridiculous/immigranty from birth. If i were you i'd say fuck it and travel, see things. Then you'll get some ideas

like working at Denys

Mic Tyson
03-17-2008, 10:54 PM
move into a little town in the midwest and start sellin drugs. take the place over. a lot of people do that

MAYOR QUIMBY
03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
^You've always been a funny cat, Shaolin Ass Ass In!

I'm looking into COMMUNICATIONS as a major, what do u guys think??

NY_Mami
03-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Try a variety and see what you like best....... that's the best I can tell you.......

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
03-18-2008, 12:25 AM
^You've always been a funny cat, Shaolin Ass Ass In!

I'm looking into COMMUNICATIONS as a major, what do u guys think??

i've got a degree in communications mainly broadcasting & mass communications i work for a radio station n shit

TSA
03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Try a variety and see what you like best....... that's the best I can tell you.......
^don't listen to her.

a lot of ppl are lost cause they're not pressured.

nobody ever WANTS to be successful if it was never made to feel manditory

thats why all the immigrant niggas are geeohdee'n and americans are studying k-12 education and dog grooming.

mexicans are a whole other phenomia in themselves

and not everyone has to go to school, think of what you wanna do, if you don't need school for it don't study it just cause you "like it". Study something that gives you a title, so that you'll have the prestige, and ppl will DEMAND you in the market as opposed to you just being another faggot that knows philosophy.

so if you wanna do communications, you don't have to STUDY it, or business.

your goal is to make STUPID 50 cent money, and live an empty materialistic life, cause otherwise your gonna be backpacking through europe look for "your identity"

yeah travel if you can't think of anything right then and there, but after that, fix a position and BAL HEDZ attACK!

Durag
03-18-2008, 04:46 AM
TSA is right. I dont have a clue what to do, and ive been unemployed for the last year. Ive had a few jobs that ive hated. I dont really like doing anything.
Yeah, try travelling for a while, and you might pick up some ideas. You need to get some experience at different things and see how you like them.

I actually need to ask something similar. I was always good at writing and shit, but too lazy to do anything bout it, does anyone know if it is hard to get jobs writing for magazines and shit, do i need to go to college?

Tyler Durden
03-18-2008, 06:44 AM
I started out in engineering, I ended up living in France on a two year course learning 'sheet metal work'.
I lasted Seven months, left one Xmas and never went back.
I traveled all around France and only found one single person in that whole CUNTry that I could tolerate.
Anyway, I was stuck because I only had half of a qualification.
I ended up going into construction in college and chose to be an 'Architectural Technician' I've been doing this for a few years and its great.
If you like designing things, go for architectural work.
It's fucking excellent to drive past a house and say "I designed that shit".

The Hound
03-18-2008, 06:50 AM
well you could do it the mashqauck way ...

lay out 10 cards, each writing a certain career path ... lawyer, doctor, police man, carpenter, plumber, pimp etc...

THEN laying them out 3x3x3x1 kneel down and pull your self off senseless ... at the point of ejaculation close your eyes and lean back ... which ever card has the most sperm on it is your career path (i hope for your sake it isn;t pimp - too many black men will steal your bitches)

and that's wu corp gen chat a.k.a mashqauck guide to getting a job in the oh-ate

Tyler Durden
03-18-2008, 06:52 AM
^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, I think thats actually the best way to choose your career.
It obvious really.