PDA

View Full Version : how is jeru the damaja connected to the clan??

oldie
08-14-2005, 11:18 AM
i dnt listen to this guy's music but he's on gang starr albums and guru says he's founding member of gang starr, i thought he was a killa bee??

G.O.D.PT3
08-14-2005, 11:26 AM
He Isnt Wu Connected At All.

THE W
08-14-2005, 11:31 AM
^^exactly

where did youg get him being a killa be from oldie?

Fry
08-14-2005, 11:58 AM
He grew up with True Master, but that's about as close as he gets to the Wu. He's not affiliated.

ZiG 9th
08-14-2005, 12:35 PM
alot of stupid questionz poppin up on these forums lately!

I look at some of these threadz and just shake my head. Like wow did he really ask that question?

frosted592
08-14-2005, 12:41 PM
He ask that question cause he saw him on the GhostDog soundtrack I guess

ZiG 9th
08-14-2005, 12:53 PM
yea probably? But shit i seen him on the Ghostdog sdtrk, and i didn't think he was down with wu. I seen Kool G. Rap and Afu-Ra on there as well and didn't assume hey they must be down with wu? I know my history.

frosted592
08-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Oh.. I always thought "Kool G Rap" was U-god's aka

damn ...

just kidding :P

Dave Smith
08-14-2005, 01:57 PM
it's cos half the people on this forum are younger than the first wu albums... don't know their history and it makes me sick

voodoodrew
08-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Jeru released some classic tunes though. He is affiliated with Afu-Ra as well. GZA & RZA have said in several interviews that they play chess with him and Afu all the time.

deadlymelody
08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
They're both from NYC and released albums around the same time with a similar type sound but Jeru isn't affiliated with them.

THE W
08-14-2005, 03:50 PM
you cant blame the youngin's. what can they do? they're new to the wu-tang.

i remember when i was posting on methical.com i got into a little spiff with 37th chamber about redman not being a killa bee. his final response was "im the moderator and i say he is a killa bee"

HA!

ramel
08-14-2005, 05:26 PM
^^exactly

where did youg get him being a killa be from oldie?
Well he's not a killabee but.......
He did do a track that featured afu-ra on a beat you'll remember from a skit on meth's album "tical"
This track is called "The code of the samurai" it's off the ghost dog soundtrack.
It's Produced or should I say resurected by THE RZA.
There's the connection.

It was rumor he had a subliminal diss towards them on "ain't the devil happy"
Because he uses rza's laugh from "tearz" for the devil's laughter scratched in between verses at which he says"ain't the devil happy".

Rza's laugh from tears come from this excerpt............

"Ayo rah!, remember that kid ya bust"
"Aww yeah, he ran but he didn't get far"
"Cuzz I drop him "hah haha haha haha HAH"

1love

ufa
08-14-2005, 05:29 PM
nah, they never were a k. bee

frosted592
08-14-2005, 05:34 PM
They're both from NYC and released albums around the same time with a similar type sound but Jeru isn't affiliated with them.
a similar sound???

I don't believe Dj premier and Rza sounds similar...

Fr@z
08-14-2005, 05:34 PM
The Sun Rises In The East is classic every Hip-Hop fan should own it.

vahacris
08-14-2005, 05:42 PM
jeru got 4 good albums of wchich 2 IMO are classics , everybody should hear heroz4hire and sun rises in the east...........

i got freestyle that featured ghostface , raekwon , cappadonna and jeru on it................ thats the other connection....................

rgomgrimu
08-14-2005, 08:17 PM
in his dreams

Orion Nebulus
08-14-2005, 08:25 PM
I dont know where people get all this misguided info from but Jeru is not connected to Wutang..but he's ill though.

deadlymelody
08-14-2005, 10:05 PM
a similar sound???

I don't believe Dj premier and Rza sounds similar...Im talking about Jeru not Priemier. It's just my opinion anyway so if you disagree it's fine.

Prolifical ENG
08-14-2005, 10:11 PM
a lot of wu fans tend to like Jeru, hence talk about jeru....especially on this site.

ZiG 9th
08-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Well he's not a killabee but.......
He did do a track that featured afu-ra on a beat you'll remember from a skit on meth's album "tical"
This track is called "The code of the samurai" it's off the ghost dog soundtrack.
It's Produced or should I say resurected by THE RZA.
There's the connection.

It was rumor he had a subliminal diss towards them on "ain't the devil happy"
Because he uses rza's laugh from "tearz" for the devil's laughter scratched in between verses at which he says"ain't the devil happy".

Rza's laugh from tears come from this excerpt............

"Ayo rah!, remember that kid ya bust"
"Aww yeah, he ran but he didn't get far"
"Cuzz I drop him "hah haha haha haha HAH"

1love

There wasn't any diss 2wards the wu from Jeru in that song. All Premo did was scratch RZA's laugh to go with the topic of the song "aint the devil happy" which was hot to death!! It fit so perfectly! So ya factz iz backwardz!

ramel
08-15-2005, 12:18 PM
There wasn't any diss 2wards the wu from Jeru in that song. All Premo did was scratch RZA's laugh to go with the topic of the song "aint the devil happy" which was hot to death!! It fit so perfectly! So ya factz iz backwardz!
Do you know how many people were subliminaly dissing wu at that time.
Even thou you ain't catch it(props to you for not catching it) that's just the subliminal bullshit these so called positive rappers do when they feel threatened by a new thing.

KRS 1

"I won't do a wack album then remix it for my single"
Meth dropped "tical" and then dropped a remix verson of his love song "all I need" for his single.
Can you believe a lot of people thought tical was wack!

"Triplet syllables for minimal criminals"
"Lyrical riddles that got hard flavors in the middle"
"Triplets syllables"
Wu was known for flipping ill words like sparkable,remarkable,tackable,marvelous etc

"Flamboyant and flashy is one point in time when your not ashy"
That can go for most rappers but wu looked more grimey than flashy in my opinion.

"We ain't got time for no fancy mathemathics
Your mental frequency, frequently picking up static"

Wu were always kicking those fancy mathemathics type flows.

There's a lot more
That's just the begining.....................
But it's all good the WU don't blemish!!!!!!!
Fuck these other rappers!
WORD

frosted592
08-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Do you know how many people were subliminaly dissing wu at that time.
Even thou you ain't catch it(props to you for not catching it) that's just the subliminal bullshit these so called positive rappers do when they feel threatened by a new thing.

KRS 1

"I won't do a wack album then remix it for my single"
Meth dropped "tical" and then dropped a remix verson of his love song "all I need" for his single.
Can you believe a lot of people thought tical was wack!

"Triplet syllables for minimal criminals"
"Lyrical riddles that got hard flavors in the middle"
"Triplets syllables"
Wu was known for flipping ill words like sparkable,remarkable,tackable,marvelous etc

"Flamboyant and flashy is one point in time when your not ashy"
That can go for most rappers but wu looked more grimey than flashy in my opinion.

"We ain't got time for no fancy mathemathics
Your mental frequency, frequently picking up static"

Wu were always kicking those fancy mathemathics type flows.

There's a lot more
That's just the begining.....................
But it's all good the WU don't blemish!!!!!!!
Fuck these other rappers!
WORD
Here's a part from an interview with Krs-one:

M: Um, let's move on to talking about lyrics... lyrics coming out now. When I listen to a Wu Tang album, sometimes I find it low on meaning. Do you?

K: I always speak the truth, so my answer is: I don't think anyone could hang with KRS One lyrically. I'm the greatest lyricist. But Wu Tang, at times, show genius. When they become more conscious of themselves they'll stroke this genius more often.

MantiZ
08-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Jeru is a legend. Not Killa Bee tho...

ramel
08-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Here's a part from an interview with Krs-one:

M: Um, let's move on to talking about lyrics... lyrics coming out now. When I listen to a Wu Tang album, sometimes I find it low on meaning. Do you?

K: I always speak the truth, so my answer is: I don't think anyone could hang with KRS One lyrically. I'm the greatest lyricist. But Wu Tang, at times, show genius. When they become more conscious of themselves they'll stroke this genius more often.

Thanks 4 that.
It's good to hear a legend like kris aim some just words towards the clan.
Where would I find that whole interview?

Punch
08-15-2005, 02:30 PM
ThaFormula.com - When you were comin' up back then was there a lot of MC's that you would see around that ended up becomin' known MC's?

Jeru The Damaja - Well, True Master we grew up together. Masta Killa, we grew up together we from the same neighborhood, The GZA and the RZA already had albums out but we knew them through True Master. ODB we knew him through GZA and there was more dudes around that did it big in the 90's.

deadlymelody
08-15-2005, 02:35 PM
I have to agree on that sample of RZA on Aint the Devil Happy. That makes that song great.

ramel
08-15-2005, 02:38 PM
ThaFormula.com - When you were comin' up back then was there a lot of MC's that you would see around that ended up becomin' known MC's?

Jeru The Damaja - Well, True Master we grew up together. Masta Killa, we grew up together we from the same neighborhood, The GZA and the RZA already had albums out but we knew them through True Master. ODB we knew him through GZA and there was more dudes around that did it big in the 90's.
I was hoping jeru would be asked what they were like coming up.
Especially Ol dirty bastard!

oldie
08-15-2005, 06:33 PM
i didnt hear him on the ghostdog soundtrack, never heard it. i just read sum where he was, or i thought he was cos ppl ALWAYS droppin his name and wu-tang in the same sentence. the wu 1st album aint older that me im 18, birthday in march. ive been into wu for about 3 years.

i thought RZA produced a album for him. i s'pose it is a good question, why do i think he's killa bee?? im not sure to be honest. i have the sun rises in the east dwnloaded, didnt think much to it but i might give it another listen.

oldie
08-15-2005, 06:35 PM
btw, him true master, masta killa, rza, gza & ol dirty. what a fuckin group of ppl to be with, thats realness in its purest form. i guess it wud musically b a tight group. dus true master spit or jus produce?

frosted592
08-15-2005, 06:56 PM
btw, him true master, masta killa, rza, gza & ol dirty. what a fuckin group of ppl to be with, thats realness in its purest form. i guess it wud musically b a tight group. dus true master spit or jus produce?
True master had a verse on Guru's first solo album (jazzmatazz vol1)

oldie
08-16-2005, 06:32 AM
^^kool kool, i got all gang starr albums and guru's l8est joint. vo.1 is cheap too, ima pick that up soon no doubt. thnx man.

Jacktrippa718
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Jeru The Damaja is not Wu..but the sun rises in the east is a classic album.

venex
08-16-2005, 02:02 PM
jeru the damaja hangs alot out wit the clan, and especially the RZA, they are both interested in martial arts alot! it's a good friend of the RZA & the clan,

peace!

SHRAP
08-16-2005, 02:32 PM
i dnt listen to this guy's music but he's on gang starr albums and guru says he's founding member of gang starr, i thought he was a killa bee??
:lmao:

snapple
08-16-2005, 02:38 PM
"The only thing you cunts know about Idaho is what you see on the internet. Shut the fuck up until you see it for yourselves. You don't know shit. Fuck you shitheads."

hahahahhahahahahahhaha actin like idaho is hard hahahahhahahhahaaa

frosted592
08-16-2005, 04:34 PM
^^kool kool, i got all gang starr albums and guru's l8est joint. vo.1 is cheap too, ima pick that up soon no doubt. thnx man.
I've made a mistake, True master is on VOLUME 2, not on the first.

on mental relaxation. I don't remember if he just talk or if he got a verse .