PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong to exact your own revenge?

Durag
03-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Ok i posted this in the Know The League thread, i forgot about this prick, but i just remembered it.

I was good friends with this guy about two years ago. I met him through mutual friends, and we got on through drinkin and shit, and when i found myself homeless at one point, he had a spare room in his flat so i moved in there.

At the time i had a good job, and a lot of money, so i used to lend him a bit here and there, and didnt really expect it back coz it would only be a tenner or a fiver. He had a bit of a drink and drug problem, and managed to get himself into a lot of trouble with some drug dealers, owein them hundreds. I knew the guys so i talked to them, but it didnt work, they were gonna beat him fuckin senseless.

Like i said, i had a lot of money, so i lent it to him and he assured hed pay me back. I didnt expect it back straight away. About a week later he had to appear in court on charges of gbh and assault, and was facing jail time if he couldnt come up with the money, so i helped him out again. At the same time, he had parties in our flat when i wasnt there, the place got wreaked, one thing led to another and we got kicked out.

Not long after i lost my job, and had to appear in court twice in the one week, and was also warned id be facing jail time if i couldnt come up with money, and i had no money.

So where was he? No where.

He wouldnt answer my calls. He knew the situation through a mutual friend but decided to lay low. I havent heard from him since, and i know hes still around.

I ended up borrowing the money of another friend, so thanks to him i didnt have to go away.

Ok, im going on a bit, but the point is, i fuckin hate this prick. The next time i see him i wanna pound him to a fuckin pulp and beat him senseless.

I know other people must have gotten in a similar situation at some point, so do you think its wrong to exact my own revenge? What have you done, or would you do? Should i jus ignore him and pretend he never existed?

We still have mutual friends, and some are more friends with him, so if i attacked him, it could cause some serious problems.

What do ya'll think?

DJMethods
03-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Iunno man, thats up to you. If I was really pissed I'd do something, but after 2 years, it's kinda digging up dirt and creating more problems - Plus you wont get your money back even then.

If I was you I'd leave it, then again I'd probably be too pissed to leave it. Just seems like more problems for little gain.

tekunique
03-18-2008, 10:31 AM
he'll get what he deserves if not thru you by someone else or 'something' else.. events tend to move in cycles.. input output... what youve done for him was a good deed.. let it be and be a bigger man about the situation, trust me, you will feel better in the long run and the chump will regret how good of a friend hes lost.

Durag
03-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Iunno man, thats up to you. If I was really pissed I'd do something, but after 2 years, it's kinda digging up dirt and creating more problems - Plus you wont get your money back even then.

If I was you I'd leave it, then again I'd probably be too pissed to leave it. Just seems like more problems for little gain.

Yeah, it is kinda draggin up dirt. But i HATE this guy. Im normally pretty easy going, and dont normally hate much people. Yeah ive gotten into a few fights, but nothing that wasnt forgotten about.

But as much as i try to forget about this i cant. Im not gonna be a bitch and whine about it, i just hope he gets whats coming to him.

he'll get what he deserves if not thru you by someone else or 'something' else.. events tend to move in cycles.. input output... what youve done for him was a good deed.. let it be and be a bigger man about the situation, trust me, you will feel better in the long run and the chump will regret how good of a friend hes lost.

Yeah ur probably right. Well, from what i hear hes lost quite a few friends, through his drinkin. He torments everyone when he gets drunk, and he'll fight with a fuckin tree. People are too afraid to say shit to him, but they just ignore him now i think. His own mother hates him because of his jail time, and all the shit hes put her through.

Tyler Durden
03-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I still think you should give him a slap.
Just a couple of digs then squash it.
But never do a favour for him again. I doubt you will anyway.
But make sure you get your money back. Money's money.

Durag
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
^^Like i said, im normally fairly easy going, i do hold grudges for a period of time, but i just forget about it if i think its run its course. But this is something different. Two years is a long time, but thats how much it fuckin pisses me off.

begongo
03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
This never worked for me.

Personally, I never leave this kind of shit unfinished. If I'm overpowered at the moment (like you are now ... with mutual friends that are more friends with him) ... I wait ... I can wait for years, for real ... but I don't leave it that way ... that's just me.

I simply need to get a revenge whenever I feel that hate. I don't feel it often, but when I feel it ... there's no way out. That person wronged me and I don't tolerate that. There are 2 options: 1. apology ... 2. revenge

I always forgive a person if I get a sincere apology. But when I approach a person that has obviously wronged me and he/she's like "who me?" then hell breaks loose.

If I don't take my revenge I'll accumulate all that negative energy that will keep bothering me till I fight it back with other negative energy to balance it

begongo
03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
personal suggestion: I'd rob the prick

HarlemDiplomat
03-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I know how you feel, I've had people I've been overly nice to screw me over in the end. Some of them I'd just rather not see their face again.

I've come to a point in my life where I just let all of it go, and now I've taken on a new approach to what people call "friends". I'd say just don't hold on to the anger and learn from it.

Cause when you die its just you thats responsible for your own actions.

Durag
03-18-2008, 11:05 AM
This never worked for me.

Personally, I never leave this kind of shit unfinished. If I'm overpowered at the moment (like you are now ... with mutual friends that are more friends with him) ... I wait ... I can wait for years, for real ... but I don't leave it that way ... that's just me.

I simply need to get a revenge whenever I feel that hate. I don't feel it often, but when I feel it ... there's no way out. That person wronged me and I don't tolerate that. There are 2 options: 1. apology ... 2. revenge

I always forgive a person if I get a sincere apology. But when I approach a person that has obviously wronged me and he/she's like "who me?" then hell breaks loose.

If I don't take my revenge I'll accumulate all that negative energy that will keep bothering me till I fight it back with other negative energy to balance it

I know what you mean, the mutual friends who are more friends with him just are beacuse they know him longer, but they'd join me for a drink far quicker than they would him. A lot of them are afraid of him, dont ask me why he acts all tough and they think he'll thump the head of them, but hes just a bitch.

personal suggestion: I'd rob the prick

Hmm, ya ive thought about that alrite. I havent seen him in about 2 years though. I heard he got a car though, i might smash it up and burn it out.

begongo
03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
how much did you lend him ?

Durag
03-18-2008, 11:25 AM
how much did you lend him ?

To be honest man, i forget the exact amount, but its probably round 800 euro or something like that. Yeah i know, its partly my fault, but ive lent other friends money before, and always got it back, no matter the amount, and ive always given money back that i lent out, so i just thought this would be the same

begongo
03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
you should start by slashing his tires just to send a message ... takes less than 1 min to cut 4 tires, I did this 1 time when a fucker bumped into my car in the parking lot when I wasn't there and the fucker even left his car parked just like that smashed into mine

03-18-2008, 12:13 PM
exact your revenge, but no one must know it was you.
and don't beat him up, just find a way to cash your 800 euros back. like steal his dvd player or something :)
nobody must know anything!