PDA

View Full Version : St. Patricks day in Ireland

Durag
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
"A total of 17 people were arrested yesterday during disturbances in Finglas, Dublin.

Seven cars were burned out, in violence involving up to 200 people.

It is understood alcohol-related trouble started early and culminated with motorists being dragged from their cars by youths.

AdvertisementGardaí started to receive calls about dangerous driving and attempted car thefts in Finglas at about 10am yesterday.

At noon, gardaí dealt with three incidents of dangerous driving and one hijacked car in the Berryfield Road/Glenties drive area.

A car that had been reported in relation to dangerous driving had been set alight and Dublin Fire Brigade attended the scene.

A short time later a van was set alight when a petrol bomb was thrown at it.

Around 60 youths were gathered at the scene at the time.

The Public Order Unit was dispatched to the area and the crowd was dispersed.

At least six vehicles were removed from the Cardiffsbridge Road and Berryfield Road by Dublin City Council.

Yesterday evening at 5.30pm, more cars were attacked and another car was hijacked on Cardiffsbridge Road.

Local Councillor Dessie Ellis said the disturbances were drink-fueled and involved children as young as 10.

During the operation, 17 arrests were made at different times and different locations."

Damn, just shows what st. Patricks day means in Ireland. Imagine drivin home on this day, having ur car surrounded, being dragged outta your car and beaten senseless by 20 people whilst the rest torched ur car? 10 year old kids? Fucked up

Visionz
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
damn, I just had myself a couple pitchers of Guiness in a crowded bar, guess its different when everyone is actually Irish. Did riots break out in Boston?

netscape check two
03-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Does that type of drinking happen everyday in Ireland?

Durag
03-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Does that type of drinking happen everyday in Ireland?

Not riots like that, they said that was a scale 7 riot, and a scale 10 would be houses been burnet down buildings bombed and shit.

Theres a lot of drinkin done at the weekend, most people i know who work during the week, start drinkin friday eveing and dont finish till 3 o clock sunday night. Its mainly students who drink during the week, and they cause there own problems. Apart from gang violence nearly all the violence in ireland is coz of drinking

Rame
03-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Ireland is crazy with drinking. Atleast where I was.

People are in the pub all day, then around 11 or 12 the pubs close (or everyone leaves by themself, not sure) and everyone goes to the club, then around 1 or 2 the clubs close (they have to) and everyone is put on the streets doing crazy shit.

Everyone was always trying to get alcohol haha.

Durag
03-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Ireland is crazy with drinking. Atleast where I was.

People are in the pub all day, then around 11 or 12 the pubs close (or everyone leaves by themself, not sure) and everyone goes to the club, then around 1 or 2 the clubs close (they have to) and everyone is put on the streets doing crazy shit.

Everyone was always trying to get alcohol haha.

ya thats the same as now. the pubs close at half 12, and the clubs at half 2. Then evryone goes to the fastfood outlets, and thats where all the trouble is. There trying to get the fast food outlets to close earlier to stop all the violence, and their gonna introduce a kinda chill out session at the end of every nite from 2 till half two just before they close to try and calm everyone down.

Where were you in Ireland?

Rame
03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Dunmanway, about an hour drive from Cork. Last time i went was 2 years ago.

Also went to Bantry, Killarney and Tralee. And probably some other places that I don't remember right now.

I was actually born in Ireland, in Drimoleague, which is near Dunmanway.
When I was two my parents moved back and I went there a few times after that.

I think we're going again sometime in July/August. Hopefully we'll visit Dublin.

You live in a great country. :hooray:

kwabena1041
03-20-2008, 10:38 AM
dumb drunk fucks

Durag
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Dunmanway, about an hour drive from Cork. Last time i went was 2 years ago.

Also went to Bantry, Killarney and Tralee. And probably some other places that I don't remember right now.

I was actually born in Ireland, in Drimoleague, which is near Dunmanway.
When I was two my parents moved back and I went there a few times after that.

I think we're going again sometime in July/August. Hopefully we'll visit Dublin.

You live in a great country. :hooray:

Wow, thanks, i wouldnt say its anything amazing, but i do like it. People do overdo it on the drink and drugs, apart from that it is a nice country.

I dont really know much places down south, ive cousins living in Cork city, ive been to visit them, but wasnt really anywhere else. Cork is nice though. Im from Sligo, in the north-west