PDA

View Full Version : 9th Prince - Prince of New York

Hollow Dartz
03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
http://wu-international.com/images/Albums/9thPrince-PrinceofNewYorkFRONTSMALL.jpg
[Original Release]
Release Date: 14th March 2008
Label: Armyourself Ent.

Track listing:

01: Intro

02: The Writer
[Performed by 9th Prince]
[Produced by *Gooch]

03: Sniper Challengers
[Performed by 9th Prince, and Islord]
[Produced by *Monster]

04: Ain't Promised Tomorrow
[Performed by 9th Prince, and Tommy Whispers]
[Produced by *Gooch]

05: Vandalism
[Performed by 9th Prince, and Tekitha]
[Produced by *Freedom]

06: Banned From the Radio
[Produced by *Monster]

07: Never Front
[Performed by 9th Prince, and Beretta 9]
[Produced by *Freedom]

08: Prince of New York
[Produced by *Monster]

09: Street Pharmacists [New Generation]
[9th Prince, T.M.F., and *Paradox]
[Performed by 9th Prince, *Paradox, Tommy Whispers, and Trife Da God]
[Produced by *Gooch]

10: Fan Voice Mail [Skit]

11: Bottomline
[Performed by 9th Prince, and Tash Mahogany]
[Produced by *Will Cooper]

12: Tell a Friend
[Produced by *Gooch]

^^Taken from Wu-International.com

I guess I'm first at bat on this new album by the currently incarcerated 9th Prince or Granddaddy Flow whatever he's calling himself now. Peace to him, he'll be out this summer. I guess this is material he recorded before being locked up I don't really know the story behind this but anyways let's review.

1.Intro
2.The Writer
Dope beat right here, I like the rain effect on the beat. 9th Prince sounds pretty calm on this track. He just spitting correct on here. The hook is typical 9th Prince shit. Sounds like a continuation of Granddaddy Flow. 4.5/5
3.Sniper Challengers
Beat is very hot. 9th Prince starts off flowing cool he got a lil Dom P diss in there "I'm a terrorist, not like P.R.", then he just gets lost towards the end which kinda fucks it up. Islord spits a reused verse which is kinda off beat on here. Beat sounds like that Remy Ma track "Whatever". He shouts out the whole Killarmy at the end which is cool though. 3.5/5
4.Ain't Promised Tomorrow
Very dope beat by Gooch, I like that singing on the hook makes it sound great. 9th Prince is flowing calm on this one also just spitting regular shit. Nice guest spot by Tommy Whispers. 4.5/5
5.Vandalism
My Favorite track on the album. Beat is nice to me when it first came on I was riding out in the whip. Tekitha does a nice job on a hook. Here's where 9th starts going back to normal which may be bad for those who have complaints. My favorite line "I rose with black knights, a military servant to Rza's empire, surrounded by tigers". Dope. Fucks up the track at the end where they cut out the Dom Pachino shoutout I'm guessing.... 4.5/5
R9-NVCBpIzU

6.Banned From The Radio
Everyone should've heard this by now. Dope beat but 9th's flow is scattered on this track which isn't good. Especially the second verse. I'll give it a 4 because of the beat and I like the hook. 4/5
7.Never Front
LOL this beat sounds like a bunch of noise thrown together. But I like what they did with it. Beretta 9 is flowing on this track hard spitting some shit. 9th Prince flow is everywhere, but it's something about this track I'm feeling though, I like the Killarmy vibe. 4.5/5
8.Prince of New York
It's an ok track nothing really hot. When I buy an album I expect the title of the album song to be hot. This is not the case, it's not wack either though. Beat is cool but I'm not really interested in it, it's playable though if you can't find the remote. He spitting the same shit from the last tracks. 3.5/5
9.Street Pharmacists
Not better than "New Generation" but it's still dope that second guest came kinda weak no offense. Trife and Tommy steal the show on here. Beat is cool. 3.5/5
10.Fan Voicemail
I should've left him one....
11.Bottom Line
I love this beat but 9th Prince flow is everywhere on here. But besides that I'm feeling everything else on here, especially the hook, very dope. 9th Prince needs to establish a flow seriously. He spitting some bullshit on the second verse not feeling it. 3.5/5
12.Tell A Friend
I'm not feeling the hook on this joint, the beat is aight sounds like something I heard before can't really remember though. 9th is spitting normal on here, so no complaints. 3.5/5

Beats - 4/5
Lyrics - 4/5
Overall - 4/5

I think 9th needs to establish a flow if he hopes to sell some records. Some shit be ridiculous, his flow be fucking up tracks, reminding me of SW4QW. I like the beats on here, it's a couple bangers on here, the producers came through. The album gets kinda average towards the end though, hopefully when 9th gets out he gets back on track. Props to those niggaz who put the project together anti and the other guy. I hope 9th ain't changing his name to Granddaddy Flow cause IMO that shit would be wack, if he gonna spazz because of that, that would be some dickhead shit. I hope this was a good review. Peace

famenchuan
03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Mad Props on the review.

TAURO
03-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Good review. I've heard the sampler over at cdbaby and i've ordered my copy. I like what i've heard so far so no complaints from me, i'll comeback once I get the album and give it a few spins.

FatherSl!me
03-23-2008, 10:19 PM
good review. cant say i disagree with alot that was said. 4/5 for me as well

Hollow Dartz
03-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks.

portis24
03-30-2008, 12:26 PM
def a 4/5 this and grandaddy flow are two very good albums by 9th prince

anti-social
03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Peace Hollow, much love for the review. My favorite tracks on the album are Prince of New York, that shit is very rugged. It actually speaks about his incarceration (peep the sample)...I also love the writer, that beat is one of my favorites....

You got a talent for writing reviews and we appreciate the write up.

I'ma send a copy of your review to 9th. Much love

And no 9th ain't gonna spazz out because you have an opinion that he shouldn't change his name to Granddaddy Flow. He loves and supports all his fans.

Also, thanks to everyone who have shouted me out and showed me love...

Peace

Cop Prince of New York

www.chambermusik.com
www.cdbaby.com/9thprince
www.myspace.com/9thprinceny
www.digstation.com/9thprince
www.indie-music.com

Just buy the damn CD

swizz-chef
04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
sniper challengers got such a fucking great beat, makes me wanna kick someones ass

Ya_Bane
04-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Definitely a banger, I'm feeling this.

Always been a fan of 9th. Not as in my favorite Killarmy-member, but as in I'm always interested in hearing more solo-shit from him. He did Camouflage Children, c'mon, you got me.

Not ready to do a full review, but It's in the Pod and will play from start to finish a couple more times the coming week. But however you see it, big ups to Anti, DYP and the Granddaddy Flow, great job on this.

When was the album due?

Peace

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Some of the beats are amazin..Superior shit..Wu sound..Lovin it..Props to 9th Prince and Kriszy lol..

Chrism70
04-15-2008, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjzcweG5F0

:cool:

BronzearmzNYC
04-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Is this CD available in stores?

DYPthaGoldynchild
04-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Is this CD available in stores?

Bronzearmz - If you're in NYC, then you can cop it here:

QUEENS:
Numbers Records & Tapes
77-11 37th Avenue
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
718-429-8681

LONG ISLAND:
Cop Shop Music
77 W. Main St.
Smithtown, N.Y. 11787
631-360-9700

MANHATTAN:
Fat Beats
406 Avenue of the Americas 2
New York, NY 10011
(212) 673-3883

I would call ahead of time to make sure they ain't sell out yet.
Let me know if you have any trouble finding it.
Peace & thanks in advance for the support.
-DYP-

DYPthaGoldynchild
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
P.S. - More stores will be added very soon...

11th Chamber
04-16-2008, 01:20 AM
I thought Alexander The Great produced 'Banned From The Radio'?

anti-social
04-17-2008, 03:31 PM
alexander the great is Monster...he just goes by MONSTER now..

peace

Hollow Dartz
04-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Is he producing on the new 9th solo?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
This Was Dope But The Mixtape He Put Out Was Better

NoSaidDate420
05-12-2008, 04:32 PM
i bought this about a week and a half ago at newbury comics in boston. since then it has rarely left the cd player in my truck shit is sick as fuck...

although i would say it took time to grow on me, certain tracks that is...i can definitly feel a few of the weak spots that hollow dartz mentioned such as the track with kinetic/b9 which you described as "beat sounds like a bunch of noise" - i definitly agree with that but what nobody mentioned is that is a recycled verse from somethin off digital bullet from b9.

so there's only recycled verses from the members of killarmy, but this album still bangs, and i understand it's only a street album, which makes me really excited for his next joint he puts out when he gets released.

banned from the radio i can play on repeat for a long time, same with not promised tomorrow. i dont have time to write a full review but i really wanted to weigh in on this album since i've spent so much time listening to it lately.

i rated it superior.

anti-social
11-18-2008, 05:40 PM
anyone who copped the DELUXE EDITION...got any opinions or reviews?

portis24
11-18-2008, 06:08 PM
people who loved the og version are gonna love this on because all the bonus tracks are bangers i mean we write the songs might take a little getting used to because he sings the hook but everything else is good especially the killarmy features and 4th d produced tracks

Afficial_Nastee
11-22-2008, 12:43 PM
This def has got some bangers on it, one of the best cd's of this year in my opinion mainly cuz of the production and the energy 9th Prince spits with....
It has got some weaker tracks, such as Ain't promised , Never front and bottomline, put tracks like Writer , Prince Of New York and especially Vandalism are straight up bangas....

portis24
11-22-2008, 04:21 PM
^imo there isn't any weak tracks on it and aint promised is one of my favoritesbut the cd is def a banger

GRANDMASSIVE.
12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
the deluxe version is a banger, the mastering sounds pretty ill in a system, that bonus track "like like" is flames along with "we write the songs", my copy didint have "banned on the radio" but imma check again. overall best wu release so far imo.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
the deluxe version is a banger, the mastering sounds pretty ill in a system, that bonus track "like like" is flames along with "we write the songs", my copy didint have "banned on the radio" but imma check again. overall best wu release so far imo.

banned on radio was taken off because of the beatles sample clearence

Hollow Dartz
12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah it's Impossible to sample them niggaz.

kwabena1041
12-16-2008, 11:54 PM
I fucking love this album, best WU release in a loong freaking time. Better than Pro Tools, 8D, and anything the fuck else

Hollow Dartz
12-16-2008, 11:56 PM
The bonus tracks were 50/50. Half were good and half were bad (see "We Write Songs").

GRANDMASSIVE.
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
"hood life' is bannanas, album keeps getting better everytime i hear it

Hollow Dartz
12-22-2008, 11:17 PM
These Bonus cuts are kind of bad.

anti-social
12-23-2008, 01:18 AM
Hollow R U okay? U seem to be hatin' on 9th? U don't gotta like all the tracks but all of them. The track with Killah is dope. the 4th D track is ill son...

Re-evaluate son...

J.T.S.
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Favorites are Vandalism, Never front(Kinetic kills it and that beat is bananas), street pharmacists, ain't promised tomorrow, and the writer!

kwabena1041
12-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Shut your mouth, Bottom Line, and Vandalism my favs. Generally I love the whole freaking album

Hollow Dartz
12-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Hollow R U okay? U seem to be hatin' on 9th? U don't gotta like all the tracks but all of them. The track with Killah is dope. the 4th D track is ill son...

Re-evaluate son...

Edit: I would like to know why my opinion is considered to be hating on 9th Prince. I gave the album a 4/5. These Bonus Cuts are what they are...Bonus Cuts. Shut Your Mouth is cool, We Supreme is cool, Like Like is aight, and hood Life is good considering the Re-used Dom Pachino verse. The rest are wack. 9th Prince comes mediocre on 4/6 tracks....

Gitche Manito
01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Superior.

Holocaust
02-22-2010, 02:24 AM
best wu album to me in the last 2 years, word life

BISHOP BLOODSHOT
03-12-2010, 01:57 AM
9th prince brought the heat on this album with the lyrics and the beats. Great album, defently worth the purchase.