PDA

View Full Version : Having the ability to write/spit rhymes

Wu-tang Fan
03-21-2008, 08:09 AM
I guess I have always thought this but didn't get round to making a thread about it, it must be so good to be able to rhyme and be able to put all your frustrations and talk about stuff in a rhyme. And then some really genius stuff like the Wu-Tang crew do i.e. putting in cryptic messages in rhymes. It must just be a great ability to have, I couldn't rhyme for even a million pounds but those who can it must be a fantastic gift.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-21-2008, 08:12 AM
yeah its pretty good.

i think most of us just take it for granted.

i dunno, maybe skampoe can put in his two cents.

STYLE
03-21-2008, 08:16 AM
yes it is. sometimes i amaze myself after i write a rhyme, lke "daaaaayum!"
see my flows come all at once almost like a freestyle. sometimes i don't have the time to think deeply about each line while i'm writing or i might miss or forget the next line.

Durag
03-21-2008, 08:18 AM
I guess I have always thought this but didn't get round to making a thread about it, it must be so good to be able to rhyme and be able to put all your frustrations and talk about stuff in a rhyme. And then some really genius stuff like the Wu-Tang crew do i.e. putting in cryptic messages in rhymes. It must just be a great ability to have, I couldn't rhyme for even a million pounds but those who can it must be a fantastic gift.

I cant either, but i dont really care. Theres prolly thousands of incredibly talented rappers who will never get known, coz they will never get signed. Most of the rhymes people wite on this website are ten times better than any commercial rappers, yet the commercial rappers are making millions, while these people people are stuck posting them on a website.

Hip-hop seems to be more about being in the right place at the right time, knowing what people want, a good business sense, and getting noticed.

It would piss me off if i was a talented rapper but i never got my shine, and i see some talentless fag geting rich off the flavor of the month. At least this way i aint got nutin to be mad at.

Durag
03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Ok im just jealous...

I never really tried writing rhymes though, might give it a go sometime

SKAMPOE
03-21-2008, 09:33 AM
yes its a gift n a curse!

i just wanna say peace to every one who posts rymes on wu corp ya all are nasty n da ''WU CORP ARMY LP'' SHOULD BE A FUCKIN PRIORITY, TOO MUCH TALENT IS BEING WASTED!

Durag
03-21-2008, 09:34 AM
yes its a gift n a curse!

i just wanna say peace to every one who posts rymes on wu corp ya all are nasty n da ''WU CORP ARMY LP'' SHOULD BE A FUCKIN PRIORITY, TOO MUCH TALENT IS BEING WASTED!

Co-fuckin sign, that would be ill id def buy that!

STYLE
03-21-2008, 09:38 AM
yo famicom hit me with a dope beat. wanna blaze it?

SKAMPOE
03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Co-fuckin sign, that would be ill id def buy that!
SHIT I'D LOVE TO BE PART OF THAT BUT I AINT SHIT COMPARE TO THE REST OF THESE CATS ON HERE:spin:

Durag
03-21-2008, 09:47 AM
^^Skamp, from what ive heard your pretty damn dope. Im just gettin into making beats, but id love to contibute one to something like that, if it was good enough obviously

SKAMPOE
03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Peace Peace

Wu-tang Fan
03-21-2008, 10:44 AM
I cant either, but i dont really care. Theres prolly thousands of incredibly talented rappers who will never get known, coz they will never get signed. Most of the rhymes people wite on this website are ten times better than any commercial rappers, yet the commercial rappers are making millions, while these people people are stuck posting them on a website.

Hip-hop seems to be more about being in the right place at the right time, knowing what people want, a good business sense, and getting noticed.

It would piss me off if i was a talented rapper but i never got my shine, and i see some talentless fag geting rich off the flavor of the month. At least this way i aint got nutin to be mad at.

Yeah I can see the frustration there. But people wouldn't necessarily have to be commercial about it. Just being able to rhyme about anything must be fantastic, like for example if you got into college when all the odds were stacked against you or something. Just being able to knock up a rhyme on the spot would be incredible. Too much talent being wasted though, that is definately a problem, which a good rapper could make into a rhyme:i

KERZO
03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
:mexico:

STYLE
03-21-2008, 11:09 AM
just like there are dudes on the playground that would destroy the avg NBA player, same is true for mcing but that doesn't diminish the enjoyment or feeling of satisfaction of coming up with a headbager.

i got libraries full of songs like prince. some may not even see the light of day. maybe my son will find them like purple rain. lol idk

for example

EXCLUSIVE WuCorp WORLD PREMIERE!!!!!
Take the train
Stylemaster ft Rasp
prod by Stylemaster
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5686621

http://www.darksecret-slut-wife.com/slut-wife.jpg

Lizard King
03-21-2008, 11:15 AM

yeah man
i know what ya say. try to stay cool and make friendds

STYLE
03-21-2008, 11:17 AM
heres a song thats open for collab just bust a dpe verse and send it to me.

The Truth
stylemaster ft ????
produced by Znd
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=5624122

STYLE
03-21-2008, 11:24 AM
this is some crazy soundin shit.
Hitech
Stylemaster
prod by Sunny Winters

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6229983

http://www.lorenjavier.com/images/cyborg.jpg

TSA
03-21-2008, 11:27 AM
i had always thought i had leanred to rhyme from wutang but now that i look back at it ive been making rhymes for school projects and shit since like 4th grade

but i first got serious about it listening to Wu-tang, and just rewritting their verses with different words until i mastered each members flow, then i took off on my own, inventing styles n shit so now i dont sound like any of them whatsoever

i used to hear rappers do shit i couldn't do and tired to master their technique, now there's no techniques left, that last one i tired was twista, and learned duh trick.

i like to battle too, if i hear someone say they're the best in lincoln it actually gets under my skin till i battle them, and inevitably slay them cause i can spit crazy shit im im good with the disses.

but yeah its a cool gift, im still waiting to collab with some of you skeezas

allah truth
03-21-2008, 11:29 AM
i guess i can write a rhyme well enough. but my voice isn't quite right for rappin so i don't reallly try that much. when im stressed i might write some shit down. it works. or write some girls alil something. if you listen to alot of hiphop you should be able to come up with something with a little practice. shit doesn't always come natural.

TSA
03-21-2008, 11:36 AM
i can't write when im stress or mad, which doesn't happen often, but i wish i could, and i can't get personal on a rhyme, like tell me story and shit, idk why, i can do everything but that.

im gonna switch the style for the next CD, im gonna simplify it (but not dumb it down) and focus on fun (Wreck N Effects fun, not soulja boy fun), i thought my last cd was a bit grimmer then need be