PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 (Vote Here)

Complex
03-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Contestants;

Schizo-Manic- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=624307&content=songinfo&songID=6373527
GameOfDeath- http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6381407&q=hi
Complex- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6384062
Ozmosis- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6384170
Devamps- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6384271
Don Johnson- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6384489
InspectahChek- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=619571&content=songinfo&songID=6384860
Slang Apostle- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6385609
MF Herbs- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6385906

No Voting for ya self...

Voting will end Mar 27

(poll coming soon)

12weLvE
03-22-2008, 07:40 PM
A lot of Dopeness this round...No FamicoM??? Anyway, it was between: Ozmosis, Schiz and G.O.D... but after a few listens I had to go with Schiz, those drums are live as hell...but what really got me about it was the chops, and how they all seem to flow right after another.

Looking foward to the next round. Peace

the silencer
03-22-2008, 07:43 PM
where's Famicom????

100pr00f
03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
damn hard one to vote all are dope...ima go with

devamps..shit hype yo some nice shit going on in this

360beatz
03-22-2008, 09:48 PM
My internet connection has been shitting on me these past couple of weeks here is my full review for round two

Game of Death- Nice use of the little piano roll. The beat is eerie sounding, the added percussions and elements that little hiss sound that sounds like a snake is creepy. The beat is dark and murderous on some underground shit.

Complex- The drums have a nice rhythm to them. The beat has an uplifting vibe the chops are dope and the drums flow good with the track the little breaks gives it some variety and flare simple beat but it sounds fresh.

Ozmosis- The intro had me rolling..haha This beat is cool I know an emcee would murder this track. Those bells sound fresh plus the chops are on point, you probably could have did more with it but its straight the way it is. With that being said simple but effective beat not to over the top just straight to the point nice flip. The ending was hilarious.

Devamp- This sounds quite clean digging the energy on this, the track gets you amp had my head nodding. Sounds like it could be a crossover track it has that club feel to it and for some reason the chops you used and the way they flow gives it that Latin feel. Although Ive heard better tracks from you it was still a tight flip.All it needs is an emcee

Don Johnson- The Legend of The Masta Chilla- The sequencing is sounds cool nice use of that vocal it sounds ill,it has that fast uptempo move something club vibe. Sounds fresh, the changes ups add flavor it was a nice listen.

InspectahChek- Violence now this is on some depression shit dark evil sounding. The vibe of this track sounds like a person on a murder spree killing for fun with no remorse on some Hannibal shit, it sounds quite disturbing I wonder what was going on in your mind when you created this. It would be good track to lay down some deep shit.

Slang Apostle- Sounds underground and raw its that wicked bassline sounds rough and rugged. Even though it just a loop on some repetitive shit I think an emcee would have fun with this track tight flip that vocal sounds fresh too.

MF Herbs- Probably the most creative out of all ill shit the chops are impeccable they flow well with the drums. Its just something about the track that grabs you and takes you in the mind of the creator unquestionably out the box on this one I can respect that. Ill flip

Since we all flipping the same sample its good to see how everyone thinks nice work from everyone this round I voted for MF Herbs the beat was just unorthodox and creative.

See yall in round 3..Peace

Ozmosis
03-22-2008, 10:26 PM
^^nice review

i voted for slang apostle's beat, the bassline was ill, its a great beat for an emcee or for a remix, dope shit also i was diggin' inspectahchek's and devamp's beats:b

Masta Chilla
03-23-2008, 05:04 AM
hard decision... i'm going with Herbs dat shit was too ill.

SG
03-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Fellas

I heard style, mix and most of all ingredients. Round 2 was an improvement.

Being that there was a mixture of tracks submitted that range from hard, club and hip hop

How about making a genre round periodically...that would be a challenge and show versatility in each producer, beat maker or beat king

12weLvE
03-23-2008, 12:20 PM
InspectahChek- Violence now this is on some depression shit dark evil sounding. The vibe of this track sounds like a person on a murder spree killing for fun with no remorse on some Hannibal shit, it sounds quite disturbing I wonder what was going on in your mind when you created this. It would be good track to lay down some deep shit.

Peace

HAHA. Maybe because I got fired from my fucking job...perhaps I was in the mood to kill }) lol.

Masta Chilla
03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
why isnt this a public poll like the last one? i want to thank the person who voted for me lol

my first vote ever... i'm so happy :hooray:

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Slang Killed This Yo Good Job

Lizard King
03-23-2008, 04:11 PM
yoyo...wait for the lizard king to come in next round and he'll blow ya up yo...
weak round in may opinion nigguz. only 3 beats were worth listening
but it was a hard sample indeed...

ozmozis had definately the best beat.... another big up for Devamps...by far the best two yo

so good work Ozmo...you'll get a present from me (excluding the vote)

Lizard King
03-23-2008, 04:12 PM
yo guys..what's this..why aren't the votes public yo?
everyone has voted for himself ..lol
g

Masta Chilla
03-23-2008, 04:19 PM
could Lord Zero make the poll public?

@Lizard King: I'm exited for the next round... i want to see what you are capable of
i mite be able to.

Slang_Apostle
03-23-2008, 04:33 PM
why isnt this a public poll like the last one? i want to thank the person who voted for me lol

my first vote ever... i'm so happy :hooray:

I voted for ya Don. You had a nice little vibe. different than what you normally hear on these beat battles. Like Schizo put it, "a move something" vibe to it. So my vote went to the One-Armed Bandit. Good shit, Don. Everybody else dropped some nice beats too. Lizard King...You're makin a lot of noise. I hope you bring heat the next round. Peace!

Masta Chilla
03-23-2008, 04:43 PM
lol one-armed bandit... i think i should break my arm more often if my beats sound cooler when they are just made with my left arm.
thanks 4 da vote Slang!

Lizard King
03-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Everybody else dropped some nice beats too. Lizard King...You're makin a lot of noise. I hope you bring heat the next round. Peace!

of course i'll rock the house. i'm the psycho gangster...
beat don't have to be only good...they have to be spectacular...

the beats are decent...but on how many of them can you spit?...how many of them would you put on your own album? feel me? i'm sure some of the producers weren't totally pleased either with the result, but they posted it

peace to the gs

12weLvE
03-23-2008, 06:17 PM
of course i'll rock the house. i'm the psycho gangster...
beat don't have to be only good...they have to be spectacular...

the beats are decent...but on how many of them can you spit?...how many of them would you put on your own album? feel me? i'm sure some of the producers weren't totally pleased either with the result, but they posted it

peace to the gs

I ve yet to hear any of your beats fam...whats good with all the talking? Post some shit up...let us see what you got??

oDoUoSoKo
03-23-2008, 08:51 PM
i cant change it...dont think zero can either...just ask who voted for you..eloels.

12weLvE
03-23-2008, 09:50 PM
i cant change it...dont think zero can either...just ask who voted for you..eloels.

Yo Dusk hook this battle up with a public announcement...I mean I made Prolifical do it last battle...CAn you??

12weLvE
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Just requested an announcement from Ben. Hope it will be up before the poll ends.

MF Herbs
03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
MF Herbs- Probably the most creative out of all ill shit the chops are impeccable they flow well with the drums. Its just something about the track that grabs you and takes you in the mind of the creator unquestionably out the box on this one I can respect that. Ill flip

^^
Thats peace.. I was freestylin this joint.. had some fun with it.. I didnt wanna loop it.. Dope reviews Schizo

This round was cool.. Everybody kinda came at it like I expected.. But fresh.. Imma go with plex because I liked the arrangement.. Schizo and Vamps was dope too.. Im diggin em.. respect..

Lizard King
03-24-2008, 03:41 PM
sad votes yo...
but the god will come next round and will kill ya'll

12weLvE
03-24-2008, 08:29 PM
sad votes yo...

You are a fool yo...straight up and down. PRob a secondary account }:|

oDoUoSoKo
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
i can make an announcement only for the sections i mod.

MF Herbs
03-24-2008, 09:08 PM
sad votes yo...

D Loc
03-24-2008, 09:43 PM
yo my bad i did not post my beat cause my hard drive was suppose to come thursday but still did not get it
all the beats were crazy but it came down for me with devamps, inspectah check and slang apostle. Had to go with vamps

Complex
03-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Schizo- Im feelin the main melody, not big on the first switch, gets crazy towards the end tho, drums are on point..

G.O.D- starts off sinister as hell, ill progression goin on here... heavy drums, the breaks is cool too, nice effects goin on...

Ozmosis- lmao @ the intro.. hypnotic type beat, a little repetitive, diggin the drums tho..
bass sounds good..

Vamp- extra clean joint.. nice samplin, makes it sound bright... diggin the switch too.. nice work fam..

D J- I like how u approached this sample, shit is unique.. upbeat joint..

Chek- brought that darkness... cool tempo, coulda used couple more breaks, drums is grimey tho...

Slang- this is chill right here.. diggin the vibes, bass is on point... vocalz add a nice touch too.. good shit yo...

Herbs- ahh that sp magic.. intro ill as always, chops are mad creative, you gave it a whole new steez with this shit... illness, nuff said...

gotta give it to herbs, got that organic sound and is creative wit it...

everyone did they thing this round, respect....

Complex
03-24-2008, 11:32 PM
sad votes yo...

lmao...

I better be blown away with ya shit or u should humble yaself quick yo...

peace

Lizard King
03-25-2008, 04:55 AM
yo inspectah check watch your words cause you don't know what you're talking g. i'll prove you were wrong..just wait for the next round yo. don't be aggresive. hip hop is love.

complex i will certanly blow you away..no doubt...

it's just ...ya'll are behaving like chicks here...wtf yo? be a man and speak the truth. everybody in here is praising the others... "yoo..all the beats are ill", "yoo everybody came hot this round", "impressive round...all competitors were on point as usual"...fuck that. be realistic and stop praising everybody like it's the hotest shit on earth.
if you guys really believe that..and are really sincere...then you must have a problem yo. it's embarassing...really.

without wanting to offend anybody...but just listen the first beat...schizo maniac..i don't know who he is and have no intention to disrepsect him
but just listen to the first part of the loop. at the end of the first 5 seconds for example the loop is going off key (it's obvious).it's hurting my ears.it's not musically correct. just to give you a short example.

the guy has skills in my opinion and i like some parts of his beat, but produsing isn't just that. i was also doing mistakes, everybody will learn in time. 75% for the rest of the beats there are just a bunch of chopped samples trhown together.

indeed it was a hard sample. but devamps, ozmozis ..complex too. did some really nice jobs

hope you get what i was tryin ta say
peace and love

360beatz
03-25-2008, 07:38 AM
You talk a good game. Now you pick a sample and I will flip the shit 1 V 1 since you claim your music is without error no need to wait for another round lets do it now! Don't talk about it be about...Hip-Hop is love right....If thats the case its obvious you're not Hip-Hop....

100pr00f
03-25-2008, 07:42 AM
more votes

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 08:57 AM
it's just ...ya'll are behaving like chicks here...wtf yo? be a man and speak the truth. everybody in here is praising the others... "yoo..all the beats are ill", "yoo everybody came hot this round", "impressive round...all competitors were on point as usual"...fuck that. be realistic and stop praising everybody like it's the hotest shit on earth.
if you guys really believe that..and are really sincere...then you must have a problem yo. it's embarassing...really.

Not that Im siding with you BUT thats overall TRUE... and it's not that I have a problem with the Wu-Corp Army as a team, but productively, I'm embarassed myself to represent along with everyone when it's just myself and about 3 to 4 other members out of HUNDREDS on some original shit. Im pretty much saying, the whole damn unit needs to change their choice of samples, no looping... not even a similar Wu feel to your shit.. just come straight from the heart and mind. We can't call ourselves the illest in the entire world until everyone reaches their own ultimate levels. But homeboy has a point, talk about the cons and the pros. Ive seen alot of beats that were garbage and received alot of high criticism smh.. but... thats just my point of view.... open your ears and give props ONLY to what sounds refreshing...

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 09:02 AM
However, Lizard.. I do think you need to back up your words with your own music also.

DEVAMPS
03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=The Prime Sithesizah;1104794] Im pretty much saying, the whole damn unit needs to change their choice of samples, no looping... not even a similar Wu feel to your shit.. just come straight from the heart and mind. We can't call ourselves the illest in the entire world until everyone reaches their own ultimate levels.

YO I GOTTA SAY SOMETHIN BOUT THIS--- IM SICK OF MUFUCKAS TALKIN BOUT "DONT LOOP" DOG A BEAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CREATE A SOLID COMFORTABLE PLATFORM FOR AN MC TO RHYME ON! ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS DOPE AND INSPIRES A LYRICIST GOES.. DUDES ACT LIKE THEY TOO GOOD FOR THIS SHIT... I'DE RATHER SPIT ON 1 DOPE LOOP THEN 50 WACK ASS PATTERNS THAT SOUND ALL OVER THE PLACE.. I'DE RATHER RAP TO A STREET DRUMMER JUST ILLIN ON SOME CANS AND BUCKETS THEN SOME CORNY "ORIGINAL" BEAT THAT NO ONES FEELS.. PLUS HIPHOP WAS INVENTED BY LOOPING CERTAIN PARTS OF A SONG-- EITHER MAKE HOT SHIT THAT MC'S WANT AND CAN SPIT ON OR BE OUT.. IM NOT TALKIN DIRECTLY TO U PRIME BUT TO THERES ALOTTA PEOPLE OUT THERE LOOKIN DOWN UPON LOOPIN SAMPS-- I'LL DESTROY THEM!!!

THIS IS WHAT I FEEL-- AS A BEATMAKER AND MC

12weLvE
03-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Not that Im siding with you BUT thats overall TRUE... and it's not that I have a problem with the Wu-Corp Army as a team, but productively, I'm embarassed myself to represent along with everyone when it's just myself and about 3 to 4 other members out of HUNDREDS on some original shit. Im pretty much saying, the whole damn unit needs to change their choice of samples, no looping... not even a similar Wu ...

Damn thats how you feel?? Who are those 3 to 4 other members...I bet they are also influnced by the Wu producers. Change choice of samples? To what may I ask? I ve sampled all kind of records...japanese, Spanish, Indian and so on... No looping?? Homie the greatest hip hop records of all time are loops. Why dont you check PRimo, Pete Rock, MF Doom and RZA's best works...LOOPS!! But a lot of beatmakers including my self dont leave the main loop of the sample the way it is...we fuck with it...reverse, change pitches and all that other stuff...

What exactly do you mean by loops? Because I hear your tracks and some of those beats loops for like 4 minutes straight...maybe 1 or 2 sound FX from here to there...hardly any drum changes... I am not trying to bash you because you do have your uniqueness (we all do), but yo there is no need to bash on us like that. We are a team, and most of us are feeling eachothers works, thats why there is possitive and negative feed. Shit I ve gotten negative feed...I am sure you have too, because I ve myself have given it to you. I know this is your opinion but man I cant express how disgusted I was when I read this.

And Lizard, dont pussy out next round.... LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT...

12weLvE
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
YO I GOTTA SAY SOMETHIN BOUT THIS--- IM SICK OF MUFUCKAS TALKIN BOUT "DONT LOOP" DOG A BEAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE CREATE A SOLID COMFORTABLE PLATFORM FOR AN MC TO RHYME ON! ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS DOPE AND INSPIRES A LYRICIST GOES.. DUDES ACT LIKE THEY TOO GOOD FOR THIS SHIT... I'DE RATHER SPIT ON 1 DOPE LOOP THEN 50 WACK ASS PATTERNS THAT SOUND ALL OVER THE PLACE.. I'DE RATHER RAP TO A STREET DRUMMER JUST ILLIN ON SOME CANS AND BUCKETS THEN SOME CORNY "ORIGINAL" BEAT THAT NO ONES FEELS.. PLUS HIPHOP WAS INVENTED BY LOOPING CERTAIN PARTS OF A SONG-- EITHER MAKE HOT SHIT THAT MC'S WANT AND CAN SPIT ON OR BE OUT.. IM NOT TALKIN DIRECTLY TO U PRIME BUT TO THERES ALOTTA PEOPLE OUT THERE LOOKIN DOWN UPON LOOPIN SAMPS-- I'LL DESTROY THEM!!!

You nailed it dawg. :mmmyah:

MF Herbs
03-25-2008, 11:50 AM
<< like to flip a dope loop.. I aint gonna front.. I question it sometimes but then I question why not sometimes.. Its all up to the cat makin the beat.. JUST FLIP THE SHIT..

And why the hell is it always bullshit from somebody OUTSIDE the battle when we have battles.. These battles started out as a beat showcase now niggas think they get DEALS off these beats.. When did it get that serious??.. But hey I thought the corp was dead.. maybe we need this lol.. Just make beats yo..

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Understand something, fellas.. when I say "No looping", you know what I'm referring to. I'm referring to HOW most of the beatmakers "LOOP". Not so much that it's the actual sample-choice I'm bothered with, but HOW everyone's sampling. I feel like everyone finds some of the NIIICEST samples up here and they use them with little formula. Theirs millions of ways to flip a sample other than mix it, change the pitch or reverse it. If thats your style for now, I respect that but think of other methods. I already know how beatmaking start, where it started and with what. My point is, if you're going to use a sample, flip it as universal as you can. Don't even make it noticeable. Nahmean. There's nothing wrong with sampling or looping, my point is just that you EXPAND HOW you sample a record. Its very rare that I hear someone use NOTHING BUT instruments and someone mistake it for an actual sample. I would like to hear more original play than sampling at some point, it would REALLY showcase more of everyone's talent. I'm just being honest as a member of the team. Other than that, the 3-4 beatmakers I've watched develop over time would be:

Ozmosis (most experimental)
Famicom (in his own world.. REALLY!)
Complex (especially his DEEP work)

and these are the only ones I noticed change in their music, no disrespect to anyone...

oDoUoSoKo
03-25-2008, 11:59 AM
i only make beats to rhyme on myself, because i know my taste more than anyone else does...so sampling is not a problem for me...are people who speak a certain language to be judged because they didnt invent the language?

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Everyone has their style... but I'm always listening to everyone's latest work, most of the time, I don't even post my shit unless its experimented-on beats.. but all Im sayin is go a new direction with sampling if you're going to use an old record and chop it up... & I always wanna hear more COMPOSED music.. straight from scratch..

DEVAMPS
03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
u too concerned wit the dynamics n specifics n shit-- this is about makin dope music.. regardless of how u did it. obviously its good to expand and experiment but it aint good if it dont sound good. for example.. a person with a thousand dollar synth can compose a beat and be very experimental and try new things.. but it could sound WACK and no one wants to make a song out of it.. now another person with jus a computer and Acid flips 5 different samps into one loop and makes a bangin beat-- he's the iller beatmaker...

bottom line for me is if it sounds good and an MC can rap on it-- thats all that matters for now... this is HIPHOP..against the grain ..RAWNESS fuck all the corny shit..

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Homie the greatest hip hop records of all time are loops. Why dont you check PRimo, Pete Rock, MF Doom and RZA's best works...LOOPS!! But a lot of beatmakers including my self dont leave the main loop of the sample the way it is...we fuck with it...reverse, change pitches and all that other stuff...[QUOTE]

Nahh, LOOPS are the same melody being played over and over with no extra element to the sample. Their works have intricate effects and interesting reverbs apart of their shit. Listen to Mic Geronimo's "Unstoppable" produced by Pete Rock... or Method Man's Stimulation "produced by The RZA".. they may SEEM like loops but listen to them again, then come back and tell me the difference.

[QUOTE]What exactly do you mean by loops? Because I hear your tracks and some of those beats loops for like 4 minutes straight...maybe 1 or 2 sound FX from here to there...hardly any drum changes... I am not trying to bash you because you do have your uniqueness (we all do), but yo there is no need to bash on us like that....

I'm not bashing on anyone, its just that you all think on a HIGH innovative level and have easily the best selections of samples and they go to waste the way they're being used when I hear them. Even if they sound "spit-over'able" or dope the way it may come out, to me, I don't feel or hear anything that makes me question HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT? know what i'm sayin...

But yo, the next couple of rounds with this beat battles.. explain what you do with the sample and how you overall constructed the beat. Don't give away your secrets but what you did with the sample....

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
u too concerned wit the dynamics n specifics n shit-- this is about makin dope music.. regardless of how u did it.

But thats the point of growing, Vamps... ya'll keep making "ill" music, thats nice but we're calling ourselves the ILLEST beatmaking crew out there. Get witty with how you do your shit, there's millions of cats out there that not only make ill shit, but its beyond just music. Beyond sounds. The more everyone just makes "BANGAZ" and "ILL BEATS", the simplicity is gonna be there forever and there will never be any expansion

DEVAMPS
03-25-2008, 12:43 PM
do u think i just cut one sample and loop it? mostly all of my beats have NUMEROUS samps goin on at once so u might not notice but dont overlook my music.. plus listen to my ALBUM-- an actual album..product.. me as a rapper i jus like rippin a dope beat regardless.. come talk to me after u've crafted a full album like BURNT BRIDGES.. yea its more then music.. ideas..messages... n i dont see alotta people talkin bout my verses on here eventho they all sick and have deeper meaning..

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
do u think i just cut one sample and loop it? mostly all of my beats have NUMEROUS samps goin on at once so u might not notice but dont overlook my music.. plus listen to my ALBUM-- an actual album..product.. me as a rapper i jus like rippin a dope beat regardless.. come talk to me after u've crafted a full album like BURNT BRIDGES.. yea its more then music.. ideas..messages... n i dont see alotta people talkin bout my verses on here eventho they all sick and have deeper meaning..

Word... no doubt

Complex
03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
what kills me is when people come in here catchin feelins over a forum beat battle.. I started this up again cause we doin this for enjoyment. THere are no prizes involved, aint nobody gonna catch a deal by winning... It aint that serious...

At least if you gonna critisize headz, be constructive about it... speak on it so we can all build.... Havin that arrogant attitude is only causin negativity which obviously reflects ya own situation...I dont catch feelins over these battles cause it is strictly for enjoyment...

I show respect to everyone on here that give it... Talkin reckless an shit aint takin steps forward if you know what im sayin... I got my foot in several doors right now, makin moves, so I aint gonna sweat a beat battle.. lol

that is some chump shit if u ask me

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 01:35 PM
what kills me is when people come in here catchin feelins over a forum beat battle.. I started this up again cause we doin this for enjoyment. THere are no prizes involved, aint nobody gonna catch a deal by winning... It aint that serious...

At least if you gonna critisize headz, be constructive about it... speak on it so we can all build.... Havin that arrogant attitude is only causin negativity which obviously reflects ya own situation...I dont catch feelins over these battles cause it is strictly for enjoyment...

I show respect to everyone on here that give it... Talkin reckless an shit aint takin steps forward if you know what im sayin... I got my foot in several doors right now, makin moves, so I aint gonna sweat a beat battle.. lol

Word, I don't feel it should be taken seriously as far as criticism is concerned either .... but I'm gonna say things to better everyone else as beatmakers and producers. I dont want ANYONE taking my words as if I'm downing everyone. I'm trying to bring the best out of every last producer on here, feel me?

But do what you all do best, keep moving forward...

Lizard King
03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
yo my gangasters. it's a real revolution in here. i didn't intend to do that haha
it seems that prime sinthesizah understood what i was tryin' to say. at least he expressed parts of my feelings too.

of course i'm bullshitin' a bit around when i say this and that. i didn't claim my music is without error (as schizo understands..don't know where from). i just gave an example of musical mistake with his beat. all i was saying is that ya'll are too insincere and for you every beat is great, "everybody comes strong", "i can't decide between..." etc. be REALISTIC and bring CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK! not only vainly compliments. competitors might learn something from our feedback

that being said ...i'll rip ya asses next round
hahahahhaha

Ozmosis
03-25-2008, 01:43 PM

i think its a new record this time around, it started in the 2nd round lol:stroke:

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Complex Don Johnson and Slang Apostle was the best beats in my opinion..

My vote goes to Complex..

Complex
03-25-2008, 01:49 PM
there are some good points bein made, but some heads should really chill on that mitch bade shit if you catch my drift..

Im only speakin for myself, but im sure most heads in here take they craft serious, these battles are a good way to elevate and challenge eachother.. Honestly I didnt see any blatent looping, or un original ish... If you reed my review youll see I mentioned suggestions as well as parts im feelin... but like i said im speakin for me only...

all i gotta say is EVERYONE in here has room for improvement, if you deny that you only playin yaself... lets keep this movin in the right direction or someone else can host these...

lizard king, you outta ya league son, you gonna get bodied... jk lmao...

PEACE

Complex
03-25-2008, 01:51 PM
i think its a new record this time around, it started in the 2nd round lol:stroke:

it never fails fam...

DEVAMPS
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
all i gotta say is EVERYONE in here has room for improvement, if you deny that you only playin yaself... lets keep this movin in the right direction or someone else can host these...

well said

03-25-2008, 02:03 PM
These battles are for improvement.Not for dickridin!!

The Prime Sithesizah
03-25-2008, 02:06 PM
These battles are for improvement.Not for dickridin!!

LoL we know that... but who's dickridin?

03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Dunno..Tell me..

12weLvE
03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
"No idea's original, there's nothin new under the sun
It's never what you do, but how it's done"

-Nas

nsuss10
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
i didnt hear the original sample, but what game of death did is ill... just took the sound and made his shit with it...good work

oDoUoSoKo
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
all point are valid, but Prime's idea is being over shadowed by peoples tempers...we should try having a battle with no samples...see how it works,,,thats all.

12weLvE
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
all point are valid, but Prime's idea is being over shadowed by peoples tempers...we should try having a battle with no samples...see how it works,,,thats all.

Nah man, why should this beat battle be turned around beacause of somebodys comments. Lets leave it the way it is. All that would only take the fun away from it.

D Loc
03-26-2008, 10:13 PM
yes everyone has room for improvement but a true producer puts his heart and mind in every beat they make he might think is the illest beat ever but some might not think that and we have our opinions for dat but give some credit to all them producers doing their thing we all should respect dat

As an MC i think all beats should be something we could spit to it

REMEMBER WE ALL A FAMILY

Masta Chilla
03-27-2008, 03:21 PM
tie

edit: lol that was an intelligent post

oDoUoSoKo
03-27-2008, 09:10 PM
you completely ran the opposite direction with that one, i said we should do a battle with no samples, not because of his comments, because its a good fucking idea, not all producers use samples...ur only mad cuz ud be fucked...eloels.

12weLvE
03-28-2008, 09:15 AM
you completely ran the opposite direction with that one, i said we should do a battle with no samples, not because of his comments, because its a good fucking idea, not all producers use samples...ur only mad cuz ud be fucked...eloels.

Id be fucked?? Why dont you go on my soundclick and check out my first few beats...all composed...thats how I started...then I got away from it, because it becomes repetative and monoish.

Here are some composed joints by me back in 06 my fresh year of college.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=619571&content=songinfo&songID=4603791

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=619571&content=songinfo&songID=4936770

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=619571&content=songinfo&songID=4603827

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=619571&content=songinfo&songID=4936770

And there is a lot more stored in my computer... I dint learn how to sample till like March of 07, but when I did I found out that it makes your music better....These beats are not Blow you out your mind beats...but shit, I ve done it...so Shut the fuck up and dont make any assumptions...because if I feel like it I can sit down and make some ill composed shit with the skills I ve picked up (I just dont feel like it). PEace

DEVAMPS
03-28-2008, 01:27 PM
aight i guess me and MF tied... u can pick the next sample dog. PEACE

Lizard King
03-28-2008, 03:14 PM
i think my niggas are affraid from the god here, yo. i'm feeling some e-fear gs

MF Herbs
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
i think my niggas are affraid from the god here, yo. i'm feeling some e-fear gs

^^^............. Imma get at plex to start the next battle..

oDoUoSoKo
03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
then whats the problem with trying a different type of beat battle for once?

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Please Send Me Winning Beats For The Wu Corp Radio

wampus
03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
i made a beat with the same sample on my page, called HIP POCKET :

http://www.myspace.com/akromegalex

The Prime Sithesizah
04-01-2008, 09:17 AM

Thats kinda how I feel because if everyone started participating in the beat-battles with composition only, they would run out of ideas QUICK.. that lets me know that most of the beatmakers are somewhat limited to sound when you can do MORE by composing than sampling. But Idk where down the line did I ever bash anyone. All Im saying is that we need to live up to what we claim. We're the nicest beatmakers/producers in the world, right? Start composing some really ill shit.. even if you STILL prefer to add elements of any sample, I never said EXCLUDE it but for once, I wanna hear something where I'll be asking "WAS THAT A SAMPLE OR DID YOU COMPOSE THAT?"... thats my point! If you're limited and can't deliver new techniques with just instruments (which is the source of all samples in the first place), you really should go back to composition and discover methods THEN you'll understand more ways to sample... maybe I'm being too INTO this music shit but I'm tryin to better everyone else... no need for ANYONE to flip and bullshit... I just prefer to hear a HUGGGGGGEEEEE difference with JUST COMPOSITION... end of discussion