PDA

View Full Version : im gonna start producing

TSA
03-24-2008, 01:40 AM
if anyone on here is a producer and knowns how to sample i need some lessons, i've decided that producers these days blow too hard to ever make half of the shit i keep thinking off

so yeah, i need help learning about samples, how to extract current parts of songs out of them and get rid of unneeded background baffoonary, like if i wanted just a guitar and there's drums and guitar how do i get the guitar with without the faggot drums, or cut out the faggot drums as well as straight drums

Lizard King
03-24-2008, 01:45 AM
g...that's not as simple as it seems...maybe that's why the producers "blow too hard" these days, cause they think it's simple and start doing it like you ...lol

before you start producing you should know at least some elementary music notions.
what you're asking, about cleaning a sample for a certain sound require good tools and to know very well a program.

a good producer doesn't cut the drums and paste them... you should make the rhythm by yourself :D

let's see what the others say and i'll post again

TSA
03-24-2008, 01:51 AM
im sorry for riddling the word simple all over my previous post, next time i won't be so blatant in the fact that i have PRODUCING IS SIMPLE tatted to my throat

Next...

LORD NOSE
03-24-2008, 01:56 AM
LEAVE HIP HOP ALONE !

don't make beats, make pizza

get real good at making pizza

11th Chamber
03-24-2008, 02:00 AM
C0R7B12X8dY

get urself one of these.

Also a good watch to hear a snippet of the "Rock Stars and Smoking Barrels" beat for OB4CL2, if we ever get to hear the album

Visionz
03-24-2008, 02:31 AM
In sampling you can chop up a song any way you want but you can't just take out one particular sound (not that I've found anyways) If there's a track where you really like the drums but nothing else you can only hope that the song has a snippet where the drums are by themselves n' then isolate it from what you don't like. Sound travels in waves (realize that's stating the obvious) but when you think about it that way, its not likely that you can take one aspect of a wave and then do away with all else when its recorded together all at once. The closest I think that you could do this, would be by running whatever your sampling through a mixer and then cut off the high, lows, mid's or whatever that you're not trying to hear. That approach might work but I've never really tried it myself.

TSA
03-24-2008, 02:41 AM
i see, thanks dude

i gotta master this shit cause producers are the wierdest, least productive people in the history of music.

everyone i've met, lazy as heeell.

or they just crank out shit and expect you to pick like faggots, those usually just blow

i have audacity n acid pro, i can use those to chop samples and make beats

Visionz
03-24-2008, 02:45 AM
:lmao: my brother produces, he's real talented with the shit but NEVER actually finishes anything, he'll be calling me up "man check out this beat I started, I'm bout to email it to you right now", I'm always tellin him, "Dude, get ahold of me when that shit's FINISHED" haha------I don't think he's got one yet ahahaha

crass
03-24-2008, 03:03 AM
In sampling you can chop up a song any way you want but you can't just take out one particular sound (not that I've found anyways) If there's a track where you really like the drums but nothing else you can only hope that the song has a snippet where the drums are by themselves n' then isolate it from what you don't like.

Not true. It depends which instruments are in which channel. Certain songs, especially back in the day, would have instruments which were only in one channel (left or right). So if you have a song and the drums and bass are in the left channel and the guitar is in the right, then just sample the left channel. Nowdays there are fancy hi-tech ways to isolate sounds you can use this method with even the most basic equipment.

Listen to Ghost's "All that I Got is you" and compare it to the original Jackson 5 song for an example of what I mean.

Lizard King
03-24-2008, 03:22 AM
the cases you're talking about are rare...
if you want to have a certain sample from a song...then reproduce it...play it on the piano
weeed

Durag
03-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Im in the same boat as TSA and was wondering about this shit too. Ive got fl studio, is it easy to take samples using that?