PDA

View Full Version : PSA: The Rest of the World Doesn't Understand American Racism

Visionz
03-24-2008, 05:19 AM
This isn't meant to be an incendiary post. It's just that if you've never lived in America or never been here you can't fully understand the situation as it is. In most cases you're better off just leaving it alone and letting us work out the kinks in this fucked up tapestry we call life amongst ourselves. Outsiders won't have the proper perspective necessary for understanding, and as such should just stay from forming an oppinion off that shit or taking personal offense for what's being said in regards to that topic. peace

begongo
03-24-2008, 05:32 AM
http://citizenx.org/wp-content/retard.jpg

The Hound
03-24-2008, 05:37 AM
that ugly fuck wit above ^^ has to be the most used caption photo on the internet and it drives me bonkers ...

no idea who or what you are addressing VU but if only your country took your advice and stayed out of everyone elses problems ...

begongo
03-24-2008, 05:40 AM
I know this thread is the consequence of our discussion in the "pablobaluba was banned thread"

Apparently you're judging the understanding on racism based on the place where people live, but this is a completely "flawed logic" ... at least in my case ... since I'm probably the most ethnically mixed person in this board, with the most relatives in separate countries and continents ... but whatever .... keep labeling on this kind of superficial criteria ... it's ok ... and again ... it's your choice to see whatever you want to see

Lizard King
03-24-2008, 05:42 AM
This isn't meant to be an incendiary post. It's just that if you've never lived in America or never been here you can't fully understand the situation as it is. In most cases you're better off just leaving it alone and letting us work out the kinks in this fucked up tapestry we call life amongst ourselves. Outsiders won't have the proper perspective necessary for understanding, and as such should just stay from forming an oppinion off that shit or taking personal offense for what's being said in regards to that topic. peace

wtf? u crazy g. were you smokin weed or somethin'? i like your style. this is another gangster thread yo

:W much respect weed smoker

SKAMPOE
03-24-2008, 06:11 AM
http://www.antiracistaction.us/pn/themes/ARANet/images/logo.gif

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 07:33 AM
yeah outsiders would never be able to gauge and fully understand the complexities and nuances of discrimination purely on the basis of race...

dezmond
03-24-2008, 09:35 AM
America makes it our business to criticise...

If not youre calling it a hipocracy..

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Neither do we care

begongo
03-24-2008, 09:38 AM
american racism is overrated

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
how dare outsiders voice their opinion on matters which are internal to the country which is currently the epicenter of fiercely isolationist popular mentality and foreign policy.

the sheer temerity of what i can only assume are european foreign elements is quite frankly shocking.

begongo
03-24-2008, 09:41 AM
*bursts into tears*

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 09:54 AM
STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS, I BET YOU"RE EUROPEAN, ARENT YOU!?

ARENT YOU!!!!

begongo
03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
*unwraps a razorblade*

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
So what does Nigger even mean? Did they just create a word?

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Is it meant to be an onomatopoeia?

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 10:03 AM
no i think your talking about the phrase 'Nig Nog'.

not entirely sure what it means, but apparently to white middle class Americans it is a term of the highest insult.

me not get dees americanos, non lo so

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 10:05 AM
plop is a great onomatopoeia, really value it.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 10:08 AM
i prefer bloop.

us simple foreigners.

begongo
03-24-2008, 10:09 AM
fart is better

crass
03-24-2008, 10:11 AM
America is great. I feel blessed to live in a country where blacks and whites can post on messageboards together. Racism ended once white people started listening to rap.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 10:14 AM
i dont get it.

us simpleton outsiders havent quite developed the neurological dexterity required to comprehend sarcasm and irony.

please explain in no uncertain terms.

fanks!

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Is chink an onomatopoeia??? Like when they talk, it kinda sounds like that.

I like them, I really do, shows our caveman instinct and how we used to communicate. Also pro bono, just, makes me want to get out the glasses and Irish flag... it's a beautiful day.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Bono is the fucking devil.

TSA
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM

americans dont understand american racism, but you cant tell me it doesn't exist where you live.

it has a lot of roots that work together, for instance general racism comes from believe the country is "yours" and be that a country is nothing be a sense of shared property, the other races aren't a part of your country and are therefore less entitled to it then you are.

I bet a lot more of you suscribe to this train of thought they you would like to believe.

another stems from hundreds of years of systematic and psychological racism and beliefs that isn't gonna disappear over night. For instance black ppl get looked down on for being generally poorer, and in america if your poor your considered lazy, or less of a man, no excuses. But when you really think about it, black have only been citizens of this country for 1 generation, didn't really get a "head start" and have literally been systematically kept from getting rich because of the sense that it's not "their country"

also, america is more right leaning then other western countries, which brings about racism, again because of the sense of shared property

im writting a book about it

TAURO
03-24-2008, 10:22 AM

I agree with you to some extent, but I think because america is so retarded with their race issues, people just can't help but drop their views.

dezmond
03-24-2008, 10:22 AM
i dont get it.

us simpleton outsiders havent quite developed the neurological dexterity required to comprehend sarcasm and irony.

please explain in no uncertain terms.

fanks!

Word.. America is way ahead in the sarcasm game...

TSA
03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
and black people are racist because they've been exposed to white racism for so long and they're frustrated.

every black person has one racist thing happen to them every 2 days if they go out in public, white fail to realize that if it was like that for them they'd take it even worst

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 10:25 AM
Bono is the fucking devil.

Bono wants bittie

TAURO
03-24-2008, 10:26 AM
and black people are racist because they've been exposed to white racism for so long and they're frustrated.

every black person has one racist thing happen to them every 2 days if they go out in public, white fail to realize that if it was like that for them they'd take it even worst

Black vs White racism isn't what I don't get. What perplexes me is ethnics racist towards other ethnics.

TSA
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
like black on brown?

the critically racist mistake ppl make is assuming every white is a part of this "ethnic" race and they should be united, which is just bullshit.

black and latinos on average encounter each other more then black and whites and therefore has more oppurtunities to piss each other off. asains are just flat out dick heads so everyones gonna hate them cause they hate everyone else too, and yeah.

but to assume they should be united cause they're not white is dumb, and racist.
not even whites are united, it works to their advantage

TAURO
03-24-2008, 11:18 AM
like black on brown?

the critically racist mistake ppl make is assuming every white is a part of this "ethnic" race and they should be united, which is just bullshit.

black and latinos on average encounter each other more then black and whites and therefore has more oppurtunities to piss each other off. asains are just flat out dick heads so everyones gonna hate them cause they hate everyone else too, and yeah.

but to assume they should be united cause they're not white is dumb, and racist.
not even whites are united, it works to their advantage

I should have elaborated better but yes I was aiming at the black and brown situation.

What I don't quite understand is the views on latins from black people. I read some books on the subject and somethings contradict, which is why I don't quite understand.

For example I read this book called New York Ricans From The Hip Hop Zone by author Raquel Z. Rivera and there is a passage were she wrote that when she was younger she was dating this black guy, she was a lightskinned latina with green eyes. She said that when she first went over to the guys house, she was sitting in the kitchen when she over heard her boyfriend arguing with his mother and sister about why he was dating a WHITE woman, she said that when they first layed eyes on her for the first time it wasn't pleasant, but when her boyfriend explained that she was PR, their attitudes changed and they eventually accepted her.

The point the author was trying to make was why her boyfriends family suddently accepted her once they found out she was latina despite the fact that it made no difference to her light skinned appearance.

Other instances that are brought up are about dark skinned latinos and how they are viewed amongst the black population. (by dark skinned I don't mean afro-latino)

Then i've read other books where it's clear that latins and blacks don't accept each other at all or just put up with each other. I know things aren't so black & white (pun not intended) but I was just hoping maybe people here could shed some light.

allah truth
03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
So what does Nigger even mean? Did they just create a word?

nigger n.:1. one who is ignorant or incapable
"you are a nigger for using the word nigger with out understanding its original meaning."
2.offensive racial slur against people of african decent.
"that there nigger would look awfly nice hangin from that oak tree off yonder, i tell hew wHut"

DJMethods
03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
nigger n.:1. one who is ignorant or incapable
"you are a nigger for using the word nigger with out understanding its original meaning."
2.offensive racial slur against people of african decent.
"that there nigger would look awfly nice hangin from that oak tree off yonder, i tell hew wHut"

I know what it means.. but w...

i cant be fucked, I'm going back to MENSA

LORD NOSE
03-24-2008, 01:03 PM
I should have elaborated better but yes I was aiming at the black and brown situation.

What I don't quite understand is the views on latins from black people. I read some books on the subject and somethings contradict, which is why I don't quite understand.

For example I read this book called New York Ricans From The Hip Hop Zone by author Raquel Z. Rivera and there is a passage were she wrote that when she was younger she was dating this black guy, she was a lightskinned latina with green eyes. She said that when she first went over to the guys house, she was sitting in the kitchen when she over heard her boyfriend arguing with his mother and sister about why he was dating a WHITE woman, she said that when they first layed eyes on her for the first time it wasn't pleasant, but when her boyfriend explained that she was PR, their attitudes changed and they eventually accepted her.

The point the author was trying to make was why her boyfriends family suddently accepted her once they found out she was latina despite the fact that it made no difference to her light skinned appearance.

Other instances that are brought up are about dark skinned latinos and how they are viewed amongst the black population. (by dark skinned I don't mean afro-latino)

Then i've read other books where it's clear that latins and blacks don't accept each other at all or just put up with each other. I know things aren't so black & white (pun not intended) but I was just hoping maybe people here could shed some light.

in the time i grew up in the bronx, there were only blacks and puerto ricans...well one white kid and one asian kid who both didn't stay around long.

All the sisters wanted a puerto rican boy
and all the brothers wanted a puerto rican girl

WHY ?

because they looked closer to white than black boys and girls

it comes from the desire to have someone with straight hair and pale skin, and eyes lighter in color

the images black boys and girls seen, be it on TV or billboards, Movies or in leadership positions in school shaped this desire. This also installed self confidence and pride in our PR brothers and sisters and as we grew older, the seperation of the 2 grew -

And you had many black boys and girls telling others that they were either part puerto rican or they had "indian" in their blood just to get acceptance

if you were dark skin you were ugly
if your hair wasn't straight, you got no play

and its still this way today in 2008 among the new

light eyes,skin,and long hair gets you love

STYLE
03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Please ignore TSA's posts about american racism. he is niether black nor american and lives in an all white isolated community which gives him no perspective on issues of race.

HarlemDiplomat
03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
I remember a conversation I had with an Arab man from Morrocco and he said that he was surprised to learn that there was a period of segregation in the U.S. From this one conversation I began my mission to understand racisim.

Three major points:

1. Ignorance is the base... (skin color, culture, stereotypes) Bad education in a country thats divided on racial lines can lead to fear.

2. Fear is the driver... (white men lynching black men, white men getting killed, robbed, white women being rapped by blacks) A violent past and unresolved issues within the black community turns into hate.

3. Hate is the resolution... (Ignorance and Fear breed hate)

Racism is guaged on the effort put in by the party initiating the hate.

So lets look at the U.S. in terms of racism.

But remember to include the genocide of Native Americans, the invasion of Mexico, the 3/5's law, segregation, and the African-American identity in the 21st century.

And if you need more insight, go to youtube and watch Barack Obama's speech on race, which I believe are some of the best comments I've heard on this topic since Dr. MLK.

Magnum
03-24-2008, 01:38 PM
the belief the threadstarter seems to have that only americans can have a perspective on racism, despite the experience people from other countrys may of had with racism of all different kinds and despite the actual instances of genocide and all kinds of racial persecution happening all the way from darfur to western europe ...is well...kind of ignorant and almost racist all in itself.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Theres a difference between racism and xenophobia. I would venture to say(with no evidence to back me up) that racism in America is no worse than anywhere else. Except in Liverpool, where, from what I understand, everyone is a pussy.

Im just joking of course. On a serious note, Ive heard a lot of great things about the corpse.com, and I feel that as an affluent, upwardly-mobile member of your target audience, I would be highly desirable to your website. What are you going to do to get me to leave wu-corps and sign up? Let the pitch begin now. (hint--a powerpoint presentation might grab my attention.)

HANZO
03-24-2008, 02:02 PM
there are a lot of different races in london. black, brown, light brown, dark brown. and guess wat none of them get along.

TAURO
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
there are a lot of different races in london. black, brown, light brown, dark brown. and guess wat none of them get along.

Thats not true. If you stick to your own then you do tend to breed hatred towards other races but if you run with a mixed group of friends like myself that shit don't happen.

TAURO
03-24-2008, 02:13 PM
in the time i grew up in the bronx, there were only blacks and puerto ricans...well one white kid and one asian kid who both didn't stay around long.

All the sisters wanted a puerto rican boy
and all the brothers wanted a puerto rican girl

WHY ?

because they looked closer to white than black boys and girls

it comes from the desire to have someone with straight hair and pale skin, and eyes lighter in color

the images black boys and girls seen, be it on TV or billboards, Movies or in leadership positions in school shaped this desire. This also installed self confidence and pride in our PR brothers and sisters and as we grew older, the seperation of the 2 grew -

And you had many black boys and girls telling others that they were either part puerto rican or they had "indian" in their blood just to get acceptance

if you were dark skin you were ugly
if your hair wasn't straight, you got no play

and its still this way today in 2008 among the new

light eyes,skin,and long hair gets you love

So what are you saying?.....you think black people subconsciously admire latinos?

Magnum
03-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Theres a difference between racism and xenophobia. I would venture to say(with no evidence to back me up) that racism in America is no worse than anywhere else. Except in Liverpool, where, from what I understand, everyone is a pussy.

Im just joking of course. On a serious note, Ive heard a lot of great things about the corpse.com, and I feel that as an affluent, upwardly-mobile member of your target audience, I would be highly desirable to your website. What are you going to do to get me to leave wu-corps and sign up? Let the pitch begin now. (hint--a powerpoint presentation might grab my attention.)

Let's not do this in every thread i post in. Anyway, as far as liverpool goes seeing as you mentioned it, it's a primarily working class place, maybe lower middle class in some places as a stretch and although in public everybody will pretend racism is this outdated ugly thing that they have no part of, in private i'd struggle to find more than one or two of my friends that didn't have something to say about indians or pakistanis and even black people in alot of places.

It's like theres a newer form of racism, where white people pretend the world has changed and is more tolerant but in reality and behind closed doors, everybody has a little xenaphobia in them.

AcidPhosphate69
03-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Fuck that. People are different and to ignore the fundamental differences between us (like skin color) is retarded. TO train your eye not to notice a person's race is racist in itself. If you are so worried about how you're going to treat a person because of how they look...you have a problem.

Listen, I'm white and I have no problem telling anybody that cares to know how much I love being white. But that does not in any way mean I think less of other races.

If you're a shitbag...you're a shitbag no matter what the fucking color. If you're cool...same thing.

Also, only you...the individual can lend power to a word. Smarten the fuck up.

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Outsiders can still understand racism. I'm British, but wouldn't criticise anyone of a different nationality, or who lived in a different country, for agreeing that the ignorant racism here is awful and needs to stop. Saying outsiders can't understand your country's racism is basically another, un-needed form of mild racism, that, if used on a large international scale, would lead to a break down in communication, and allow awful things to go on in other countries where foreign intervention is necessary.

Everyone is racist in one way or another, but it's important to encourage people to criticise racism as much as possible, and not just ignore it because its coming from someone of a different nationality, or going on in another country.

BTW, I've noticed a lot more anti-european and anti-white shit on here, than anywhere else, I don't think blacks are always the primary victims.

begongo
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
BTW, I've noticed a lot more anti-european and anti-white shit on here, than anywhere else, I don't think blacks are always the primary victims.
well ... this isn't really anti-european or anti-white shit ... it's plain truth exposed

white people are devils
AND
the asiatic black man is god

simple as that:)

TSA
03-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Please ignore TSA's posts about american racism. he is niether black nor american and lives in an all white isolated community which gives him no perspective on issues of race.
Do ever in your fuckin lonely cartoon life say some crooked shit about ANYTHING i say you beedy eyed dick pimple

the fuck is that supposed to you mean hoe? Deprived slut, im 2x the human being you are nigga back the fuck up with that shit

fucking retarded. I swear you HATE victory, you've got about 19 posts prior to mine making joke of the situation you have to live under for your whole life and you target one of 2 that were being serious about a serious subject?

fucking apelike failure

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:43 PM
well ... this isn't really anti-european or anti-white shit ... it's plain truth exposed

white people are devils
AND
the asiatic black man is god

simple as that:)

I sincerely hope that was a joke. If not you can go suck a cheetah dick with miracle whip.

TSA
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Thats not true. If you stick to your own then you do tend to breed hatred towards other races but if you run with a mixed group of friends like myself that shit don't happen.
yeah, i got a close friends of all races, where im at is very diverse in terms of having a good representation of everyone, and they don't eve have "beef" on racial lines. I remember in middle school a blacks v asians war broke out cause some crip from omaha was digging this asain girls guts or something. but asians are typically pricky in large numbers so they're an acception.

there was also an asians v emos war in highschool lol. It was actually just asians jumping out of cars and drop kicking various white kids in girl pants, so yeah.

but everyone around here has friends of all races, it not big enough to have segregated communities and not small enough to have one hegemonous race, if you don't count the inevitable white people factor, but they fractured into different groups.

not even the Racist Hick Crew had beef with the black ppl in highschool, for the most part they just took up parking spots and wore hats

GENERAL WISE
03-24-2008, 03:04 PM
:(

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
yeah, i got a close friends of all races, where im at is very diverse in terms of having a good representation of everyone, and they don't eve have "beef" on racial lines. I remember in middle school a blacks v asians war broke out cause some crip from omaha was digging this asain girls guts or something. but asians are typically pricky in large numbers so they're an acception.

there was also an asians v emos war in highschool lol. It was actually just asians jumping out of cars and drop kicking various white kids in girl pants, so yeah.

but everyone around here has friends of all races, it not big enough to have segregated communities and not small enough to have one hegemonous race, if you don't count the inevitable white people factor, but they fractured into different groups.

not even the Racist Hick Crew had beef with the black ppl in highschool, for the most part they just took up parking spots and wore hats

I would pay upwards of 75 American Dollars plus concessions for good seats to an asians v emos war.

TSA
03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
lol it was fuckin dope, i was sitting around after school for some reason and this asian dude pulls up in a car, one of them jump out, sprint towards this pussy looking white kick, fly in the air and kick and flying kick the shit out of this kid forehead while he was sitting on a bench (why he didn't move is beyond me)

then after that a giant swarm of asains surrounded the school the next day hunting for emos lol

4 to 5 asses were whooped total. needless to say, asians won.

The Hound
03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
lol americans think poverty and racism only exists in their nation asif the rest of us are living in some sort of fantasy land where the grass is green and the water is wine and it's all sunshine lollipops and rainbows

TSA
03-24-2008, 08:26 PM
too bad an australian asked the question, douche.

The Hound
03-24-2008, 08:32 PM
and yet that has nothing to do with the original post in this thread ... or the countless other posts of dribble in the pablo thread ... neither started by an australian

lol you probably took pat bateman serious

Visionz
03-24-2008, 09:00 PM
playing catch up in the conversation so here we go....................

".........but if only your country took your advice and stayed out of everyone elses problems ..."if the Us goverment was taking my advice the world would be a much less crazy place. Most Americans hate our foreign policy, its just that christian rednecks vote in mass droves and the electorate college is bullshit

I know this thread is the consequence of our discussion in the "pablobaluba was banned thread" correct

Apparently you're judging the understanding on racism based on the place where people live, but this is a completely "flawed logic" ... at least in my case ... since I'm probably the most ethnically mixed person in this board, with the most relatives in separate countries and continents ... but whatever .... keep labeling on this kind of superficial criteria ... it's ok ... and again ... it's your choice to see whatever you want to seeI'm saying that the nature of which the rasicm here came about is unique in history, this goes for any place where rascim is prominent indeed but just because you understand the underlying hatred that ALL racism has does not mean you understand how that hatred manifest. That manifestation is gonna be different everywhere, and so knowing this I would stop myself from making a judgement call about the problems of lands I don't understand.

This is a thread to suggest that others do the same. You throw in "the white man is the devil and blackman is god" in just about every thread you frequent. Usually its kinda funny but when you think that Pablo was getting banned over race when race had nothing to do with it, that just makes me think that the basis that underlies it all is a lack of understanding.

I don't think that Pablo should've been permabanned necessarily, a long break probably been good enough, but I do think he banning was a result of his own actions. The race card is played all up in that thread but no one's focusing on the fact that pablo fucked up. He makes beats and can be funny when he's not goin overboard with the gay shit, so for that I think he should be unbanned, but would recommend if he ever did come back and go on one of his spamming sprees that he should for real be permanned, three strikes and you're out type shit. There's gotta be a point where enough is enough.

wtf? u crazy g. were you smokin weed or somethin'? i like your style. this is another gangster thread yo

:W much respect weed smoker
1I'm a smoker but I wasn't smoking last night. I did have some red wine to go with the lasagna but I wrote that at about 4 or so in the morning, I was probably more tired than drunk.

yeah outsiders would never be able to gauge and fully understand the complexities and nuances of discrimination purely on the basis of race...
love the sarcasm, see the long response to begongo

how dare outsiders voice their opinion on matters which are internal to the country which is currently the epicenter of fiercely isolationist popular mentality and foreign policy.

the sheer temerity of what i can only assume are european foreign elements is quite frankly shocking.:lmao: see the response to tonearm terrowrist

America is great. I feel blessed to live in a country where blacks and whites can post on messageboards together. Racism ended once white people started listening to rap.this is especially evident from all those level-headed discussions concerning race in KTL

americans dont understand american racism, but you cant tell me it doesn't exist where you live. oh no, I live in Texas, that shit definetly exist, the understanding is in the nuance. You being in America should understand that subliminal way they get at you or the obvious ways they get you ala Fred Hampton

it has a lot of roots that work together, for instance general racism comes from believe the country is "yours" and be that a country is nothing be a sense of shared property, the other races aren't a part of your country and are therefore less entitled to it then you are. absolutely, that whole got back to africa bullshit being yelled by a bunch of dudes that following the same principle would have to go back to europe

I bet a lot more of you suscribe to this train of thought they you would like to believe. I only feel this way about people with too much money roll in. The population of california with their 60-year mortages are fuckin up the home market in Austin right now. And its not that I don't like people from California in general, I just don't like the economy they come from where a 3 bedroom house in a decent neighborhood sales for 1/2 a million dollars. They see the same house for $250,000 and they think they're getting a steal. Austinites don't get paid like that so the shit fucks up entire neighborhoods

another stems from hundreds of years of systematic and psychological racism and beliefs that isn't gonna disappear over night. For instance black ppl get looked down on for being generally poorer, and in america if your poor your considered lazy, or less of a man, no excuses. But when you really think about it, black have only been citizens of this country for 1 generation, didn't really get a "head start" and have literally been systematically kept from getting rich because of the sense that it's not "their country"I completely agree but how many people here not in america would understand that? I don't think they'd be knocking the 5%er's if they really understood that shit. That way of life provided alot of dudes the means to pick themselves up and rise above an enviroment where they are constantly being shitted on. I don't think alot of people realize how intertwined hip-hop and NGE principles are.

also, america is more right leaning then other western countries, which brings about racism, again because of the sense of shared property

im writting a book about itword

I agree with you to some extent, but I think because america is so retarded with their race issues, people just can't help but drop their views.agreed, rasicm is retardedness

Black vs White racism isn't what I don't get. What perplexes me is ethnics racist towards other ethnics.subtle manipulation is a motherfucka

I remember a conversation I had with an Arab man from Morrocco and he said that he was surprised to learn that there was a period of segregation in the U.S. From this one conversation I began my mission to understand racisim.

Three major points:

1. Ignorance is the base... (skin color, culture, stereotypes) Bad education in a country thats divided on racial lines can lead to fear.

2. Fear is the driver... (white men lynching black men, white men getting killed, robbed, white women being rapped by blacks) A violent past and unresolved issues within the black community turns into hate.

3. Hate is the resolution... (Ignorance and Fear breed hate)

Racism is guaged on the effort put in by the party initiating the hate.

So lets look at the U.S. in terms of racism.

But remember to include the genocide of Native Americans, the invasion of Mexico, the 3/5's law, segregation, and the African-American identity in the 21st century. [COLOR="white"]true, true, true and true

And if you need more insight, go to youtube and watch Barack Obama's speech on race, which I believe are some of the best comments I've heard on this topic since Dr. MLK.indeed, that was the most honest, brilliant and straight-forward speech I've heard outta of a politician that was actually alive in my life time. It's a breath of fresh air after listening to fuckin Bush fumble over words like a damn idiot for 12 years (damn governor of Texas, I had an unfortunate four-year jump on his bullshit)

the belief the threadstarter seems to have that only americans can have a perspective on racism, despite the experience people from other countrys may of had with racism of all different kinds and despite the actual instances of genocide and all kinds of racial persecution happening all the way from darfur to western europe ...is well...kind of ignorant and almost racist all in itself.see my response to begongo

Let's not do this in every thread i post in. Anyway, as far as liverpool goes seeing as you mentioned it, it's a primarily working class place, maybe lower middle class in some places as a stretch and although in public everybody will pretend racism is this outdated ugly thing that they have no part of, in private i'd struggle to find more than one or two of my friends that didn't have something to say about indians or pakistanis and even black people in alot of places.

It's like theres a newer form of racism, where white people pretend the world has changed and is more tolerant but in reality and behind closed doors, everybody has a little xenaphobia in them.xenaphobia isn't really an issue here if the society is mixed and not a bunch of segregated neighborhoods. I won't even know if you where born here or not until you start talking. Austin is a very intergrated city with the east side being the exception which is perdominately hispanic.

Fuck that. People are different and to ignore the fundamental differences between us (like skin color) is retarded. TO train your eye not to notice a person's race is racist in itself. If you are so worried about how you're going to treat a person because of how they look...you have a problem. skin color doesn't define who you are as a person, its a fundamental difference in do you need to buy sun screen or not but for me that's about it. I just respect everyone until disrespected (for the most part) don't see how its rascist.

Listen, I'm white and I have no problem telling anybody that cares to know how much I love being white. But that does not in any way mean I think less of other races.

If you're a shitbag...you're a shitbag no matter what the fucking color. If you're cool...same thing.I agree
zrp-v2tHaDo
this is the speech that Diplomat was referring to. This is about as succinct summation as it gets, a definetly worth a watch, especially if you really think bush represents what america is about

TSA
03-24-2008, 09:21 PM
im not a racist person but i want to say something

and what i say is going to be offense

but fuck you if you catch feelings

niggers are out there
everywhere

especially here

and it got nothing to do with your color
a nigger to me is someone who thinks he is better then me

a nigger can be white

but theres other niggers too

like you scumbags plotting on my cousins, thinking all white girls are dumb
treating her like les then a woman then telling your friends shes yacubs whore

yea your a nigger too

and blacks bring up the race issue EVERY chance they get if they think it will give them some kind of advantage

it dont mean shit to the AVERAGE white man

we are just looking for a fair shake
^a racist.

JerseyIronman
03-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Racism is just as bad in Europe as it is in America

Black soccer players get called all sorts of derogatory terms and shit in Spain and Italy

TSA
03-24-2008, 09:37 PM
it's probably worst in europe going off things i here

expecially in the barbaric ass countries, like Germany and spain

TSA
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
that was racist as hell

VZA
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
that was racist as hell

+1

And I'm sure hell is very racist.

Visionz
03-24-2008, 09:54 PM
it's probably worst in europe going off things i here

expecially in the barbaric ass countries, like Germany and spain
I worked with a this one guy who had spent a lot of time in germany when his dad was stationed there. He told when he was over there his dick was like a commodity. appartently its only half of germany that feels that^ way

TSA
03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
lol, yeah, east germany is racist as shit and west is normal

there was this big titty foriegn exchange girl from west germany, said most of her apartment complex was nazis, and that in east germany racism is a way of life cause theyre poor, and "stupid"

she turned out to be sluttier then i had anticipated, danced with her at homecoming, she was basically trying to put my dick in her puss on the dance floor while batting her eyes all 1940s sluttily.

then her DYKE exchange sister took her home so she couldn't "hang out" afterwards

fucking sheep bitch

Visionz
03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
lol, yeah, east germany is racist as shit and west is normal

there was this big titty foriegn exchange girl from west germany, said most of her apartment complex was nazis, and that in east germany racism is a way of life cause theyre poor, and "stupid"

she turned out to be sluttier then i had anticipated, danced with her at homecoming, she was basically trying to put my dick in her puss on the dance floor while batting her eyes all 1940s sluttily.

then her DYKE exchange sister took her home so she couldn't "hang out" afterwards

fucking sheep bitch:lmao: where was your wingman (or women haha) to scoop up the dyke bitch?

TSA
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
i soloed the shit out of that homecoming (or prom i can't remember), i think prom.

my wing man was asian and had a date.
the bitch had it out for me, she just hated my guts cause i kept making fun of how she was the type of bitch to have a bunch of sheep follow her and read stories to malnurished kids

and her brolic dutch pulverizer nose

but in all fairness she started it.

anyways yeah, i soloed the shit out of it so it was me verse a pack of scifi reading dykes

TSA
03-24-2008, 10:08 PM
she had fat cheeks too so you know she has a plump ass bird, like Blackula

DAMN IT! im pissed thinking of that night

Visionz
03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
i soloed the shit out of that homecoming (or prom i can't remember), i think prom.

my wing man was asian and had a date.
the bitch had it out for me, she just hated my guts cause i kept making fun of how she was the type of bitch to have a bunch of sheep follow her and read stories to malnurished kids

and her brolic dutch pulverizer nose

but in all fairness she started it.

anyways yeah, i soloed the shit out of it so it was me verse a pack of scifi reading dykes:lmao: its times like that when you need a backpack full of bootleg Thelma & Louise dvds

TSA
03-25-2008, 01:09 AM
idk if you keep track of my random whore stories but the psychopathic asian with big breasts is outside of my house

she's luring me with icecream

if i do get guts or atleast 62% of the icecream im not talking to the hooker again

AGAIN

LORD NOSE
03-25-2008, 01:25 AM
So what are you saying?.....you think black people subconsciously admire latinos?

NO !
what i'm saying is.....white supremacy destroyed and is destroying my people

crass
03-25-2008, 01:27 AM
NO !
what i'm saying is.....white supremacy destroyed and is destroying my people

That's your fault.

TSA
03-25-2008, 01:45 AM
whore.

only 50% of the icecream and no sk1nz

but in all fairness she had to drop her dad off at duh airport, and shes a suckafuhluv mmm mmm suckafuhluv kill a bitch go to trial hand stuffed in the glove

but on more relevant news, i've noticed Crass has been starving for attention lately

Visionz
03-25-2008, 01:51 AM
That's your fault.
yes, what you should be doing is shippin all the white people here back to africa to dig in the diamonds mines. For all the years of livin in caves they've developed bat-like sonar that can locate these jewels with amazing percision. The trick is that you have to stick them at the end of an oil derricks drill bit and go straight down as they scream like lil bitches. Its your fault cuz no one in the black community is stepping up and taking the initiative they should've. way to fuckin go Sunny. How could you completely forget about the White Tip drill bits (only works with the devo helmets) and let your people continue to wallow is despair?

Visionz
03-25-2008, 01:54 AM
basically, 99% of the time when ppl point thier inger,really, they are pointing at themselves

and its not white people u should be mad at
its a sinister group of people who want you to think thatHow many of those sinister people aren't white? I realize that the vast majority of us have fuck all to do with that shit but guilt by association is a muthafucka

begongo
03-25-2008, 04:54 AM
I forgot to ask this ... and I think this is the right thread

well... one thing .... I simply can't understand!

WE, AS HIPHOPPAS, WHY ARE WE DISRESPECTING EACH OTHER ON THE BASIS OF RACE?

I mean ... just your simple presence at a cypher or concert or even a hip hop board tells about you that you're most likely tolerant and willing to get along ... so... why?

Should I elaborate or is my point easy enough to see?