PDA

View Full Version : What makes a family?

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:36 PM
We were talking about this in sociology, but only I seemed interested. Some of the issues raised really questioned the way we live, and the way we see people that are different to us. I'm considering doing it for my main project, so I'd like to get some of your views on it, mainly out of curiosity, but it may also help with the work I'm doing on it.

Is a single parent family a proper family?
Is a nuclear family the only proper type of family?
Can one person make a family?
Is a gay or unmarried couple a family?
Must there be a blood relation?
Is a group of people, unrelated by blood or law, a family?
If an un-blood-related family must be bound by law, does this mean we let the government decide what makes a family, and in turn who we are?

I personally think that we are all related one way or another by blood, science tells us this, and I don't believe that being bound by law is necessary, I think a group of more than one person should decide if they are a family or not.

What do y'all think?

begongo
03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
so what you're trying to mask by wrapping it with blabla, but what you're really interested in, is the gay couple hypothesis

it's ok to be gay (no homo) ... at lest on this board

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Says Mr. "people on this board are always flaming me, im going to mask it with a lot of blabla about negativity, and see if i can get sympathy". Because I'm the homo for starting a mildly intelligent thread instead of whining.

swizz-chef
03-24-2008, 02:47 PM
lmao begongo caught you!!!

what a white devil...

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:48 PM
If you're enough of a prick to go round calling people the devil because you think they're gay, it comes as no surprise to me that you're a racist.

Lizard King
03-24-2008, 02:49 PM
i think you are a bit nerd. you should be more of a gangster man. show me some pics with your gear man. post a photo of your trousers...boxers..shit like this. (no homo)
but please don't post pics of glasses
thanks
1 love

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
you want pics of my trousers and boxers, to validate your concerns that I'm a nerd? Presumably you think being a nerd is a bad thing, and they need to be replaced with 'no-homo', pant-inspecting, specimens like yourself.

Also, what's your problem with the visually impaired?

Lizard King
03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
ok. sorry man. i will reward you for the intelligent answer ;)

Masta Chilla
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Is a single parent family a proper family?

>I'd say yes

Is a nuclear family the only proper type of family?

>No

Can one person make a family?

>No

Is a gay or unmarried couple a family?

>if they think they are... then they are

Must there be a blood relation?

>normally a wife isn't blood related with her husband...

Is a group of people, unrelated by blood or law, a family?

>can't answer dat...

If an un-blood-related family must be bound by law, does this mean we let the government decide what makes a family, and in turn who we are?

>government is a bitch

I personally think that we are all related one way or another by blood, science tells us this, and I don't believe that being bound by law is necessary, I think a group of more than one person should decide if they are a family or not.

What do y'all think?

i inserted my answers

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm honoured. Truly. I've actually got a raging hardon right now, simply because of the ego boost you just gave me.

VZA
03-24-2008, 02:59 PM
i inserted my answers

nice one, at least someone has a relevant input.

BTW, my last post wasnt to you.... Although your post is relevant, it certainly didn't give me a raging hard on.

TSA
03-24-2008, 03:00 PM
i think you are a bit nerd. you should be more of a gangster man. show me some pics with your gear man. post a photo of your trousers...boxers..shit like this. (no homo)
but please don't post pics of glasses
thanks
1 love
+6

VZA
03-24-2008, 03:01 PM
You cant give +6, you can't even give +1. You're not a proper person if you think his post was worth quoting.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
vza, i feel sorry for you(fairly homo) because youre just a poor confused young british boy at a very difficult time in his life and youre experiencing a lot of complex emotions. See, people sometimes make jokes at your expense, but it doesnt really mean anything. With all the trials and tribulations of being a young frail boy in modern day england, you shouldnt get all worked up about some jokesters at a hip-hop based website. Just keep a stiff-upper lip, have fun, and keep up the great posting.

VZA
03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
was that sarcastic or are you really one of the few homosexuals on this board drawn to my clever british banter and dashingly good looks?

Sky Blue Danny Kid
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
was that sarcastic or are you really one of the few homosexuals on this board drawn to my clever british banter and dashingly good looks?

It was a combination of both

VZA
03-24-2008, 03:28 PM
coolios.