PDA

View Full Version : Going to Tunisia in two weeks...

Durag
03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Me and my girlfriend are going for a two week holiday in Tunisia in two weeks. Gonna go to the sahara and that, see the places star wars and gladiator was filmed, and drink ourselves stupid.

Anyone know anything about the country? Is it expensive? Is alcohol expensive? Do they like Westlife? What language do they speak?

I kinda booked it without really looking into it, but we need to get away for a while.

begongo
03-25-2008, 09:20 AM
They speak arabic.

Several friends have visited it, and they said it's a great place to spend your holiday. About everything is cheap, actually you'll be surprised of how cheap most things are.

How long are you staying there and how much are you paying for the trip?

Durag
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Stayin for two weeks, it cost 780 euro altogether for the two of us. Its her birthday present, its too much effort to think up of new things everytime, i just thought a holiday was a simple enough solution. Dont have a huge amount of money going over, thats why i was askin

Prince Rai
03-25-2008, 09:25 AM
been thre a few times now. arabic is the lingo but english is also widely understood n spoken.

place is quite cheap. when u go out to the markets always haggle prices. u can also exchange other things you may have for purchases. i bought this gold necklace for my gf and gave part of the deal an old mobile phone of mine which i never use and would be worth nothing here in london.

Durag
03-25-2008, 09:27 AM
been thre a few times now. arabic is the lingo but english is also widely understood n spoken.

place is quite cheap. when u go out to the markets always haggle prices. u can also exchange other things you may have for purchases. i bought this gold necklace for my gf and gave part of the deal an old mobile phone of mine which i never use and would be worth nothing here in london.

Nice place is it? Did you do much travelling or just stay at the resort?

Is there internet cafe's there? I'll have to drop in on the corp at least once or twice while im over there!

Prince Rai
03-25-2008, 09:32 AM
depends where you go i suppose. we went to nabeul whoch is more a sea side resort. absolutely gorgeous. it was not far from tunis which was about an hour or so taxi drive.

we did go sightseing there cos my gf loves all that stuff, so do i to be honest. but from the 12 days we spent there we took 5 days to spend at the resort to chill out and do other things :P

as for net cafe, i think there are a few in tunis, you could even ask your resort if they have net access. doubt you want to go there though, you will be preoccupied with other stuff thats a def. great food, service, people are friendly as hell.

peace

Durag
03-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Alrite peace, ya my girlfriend loves all that stuff too. We're staying at a place called Skanes i think which is on the north-east.

Prince Rai
03-25-2008, 09:38 AM
enjoy yaself, pm me if you have any questions.

num2son
03-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Enjoy the trip

Durag
03-25-2008, 09:45 AM
enjoy yaself, pm me if you have any questions.

Enjoy the trip

Thanks

chiba
03-25-2008, 02:27 PM
alkahol is pretty expensive, i wouldnt try the local stuff coz it gav eme the runs the next day
when i went there i didnt speak arabic but i was able to get around in french
tho
its a nice place

HarlemDiplomat
03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Where is Tunisia?

Blackula Spectacula
03-25-2008, 03:11 PM
^ so tempted to do a mother joke .. but i don't wanna hear cries of a harlem diplomat

HANZO
03-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Where is Tunisia?

i surely hope your jokin. but for all the other retards on this website, its in north africa.

and its a nice place to visit.

Da Ryda
03-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Me and my girlfriend are going for a two week holiday in Tunisia in two weeks. Gonna go to the sahara and that, see the places star wars and gladiator was filmed, and drink ourselves stupid.

Anyone know anything about the country? Is it expensive? Is alcohol expensive? Do they like Westlife? What language do they speak?

I kinda booked it without really looking into it, but we need to get away for a while.

Tunisia doesn't really have the Sahara desert... sorry to disappoint but you'll see plenty of sands, just tell the old girl "It's the Sahara!!"
Also mind you, it's a muslim country so places to "drink yourselves stupid" are few. I really doubt alcohol would be widely available, maybe just in the touristy areas... If you're departing Blighty, just about any country is cheap inc. US of A. North Africa region is basically arabs so yeah like people said Arabic is the language.

Capital of Tunisia? Tunis... Come on people!! Little imagination please!!

Back in the days they were called Carthagens and they were a big dynasty and they're really proud of that... possibly the only worldwide prominence they experienced.

You should never leave for a country not knowing what to expect. Who knows, with any luck, you might offend a few muslim and get hanged... or worse

Prince Rai
03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
you might offend a few muslim and get hanged... or worse

hanging is bad enough isnt it?:P

Prince Rai
03-25-2008, 03:36 PM
but for real,

"where is tunisia?" wowww

SL33
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^don't beleive in stupid western stereotypes made by john rambo and james bond.

i think that tunisia is the cheapest country in te mediteranean region. (excluding shitty-ass countries such are albania and some north-african countries).

Durag
03-26-2008, 04:23 AM
Tunisia doesn't really have the Sahara desert... sorry to disappoint but you'll see plenty of sands, just tell the old girl "It's the Sahara!!"
Also mind you, it's a muslim country so places to "drink yourselves stupid" are few. I really doubt alcohol would be widely available, maybe just in the touristy areas... If you're departing Blighty, just about any country is cheap inc. US of A. North Africa region is basically arabs so yeah like people said Arabic is the language.

Capital of Tunisia? Tunis... Come on people!! Little imagination please!!

Back in the days they were called Carthagens and they were a big dynasty and they're really proud of that... possibly the only worldwide prominence they experienced.

You should never leave for a country not knowing what to expect. Who knows, with any luck, you might offend a few muslim and get hanged... or worse

Props. Naw not really looking for a place to drink ourselves stupid, just looking for a nice break.

I aint plannin on insulting anyone, so im gonna keep the drinkin to a minimum, apart from the resort.

Durag
04-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Flying out this evening, weathers sposed to be 26 degrees celcius, and the sun is sposed to be shining. Cant wait, its pissing rain as i look out the window.

Chat ya'll in two weeks. I'll be needin an update as to what happened while i was away.

TAURO
04-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Have a good trip Durag.

begongo
04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
enjoy man