PDA

View Full Version : Tony Yayo - Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon

SurreaL
08-15-2005, 04:27 AM
I'm skimming it as we speak/type, I'll leave you with my thought's, the 1st track is a banger, no sign of 50 (yet) lol.

SurreaL
08-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Hey, it's a dirty job, but someone gotta do it, :P

SurreaL
08-15-2005, 04:42 AM
1 - 6/10 - intro is real man
2 - 8/10
3 - 6.5/10
4 - 7/10
5 - 6/10
6 - 7.5/10
7 - 7.5/10
8 - 6.5/10
9 - 5/10
10 - 6/10
11 - 6/10
12 - 8/10
13 - 7/10
14 - 9/10
15 - 7.5/10
16 - 6.5/10
17 - 8/10

Ok, no hate here, I'm giving a honest judgement, I'm putting aside the fact he's on G - Unit, ok, what we got here, a couple banger's, some of the beat's are basic, G - shit is Ill, not too much 50 on this album, 2 song's I think, not every song has a guest appearence, lyric's are hot in some spot's, some spot's they flaw, well put together album, it has it's up's and down's. My final score for this album....

7.5/10

heatholdingconceitedmofo
08-15-2005, 04:45 AM
i liked the first track and the other one with olivia and banks and 50, but i found most of it was pure shit....also they remixed the beat from that britney spears song Toxic ahahha

SHRAP
08-15-2005, 04:48 AM
also they remixed the beat from that britney spears song Toxic ahahha
HAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK

bringoutthegimp
08-15-2005, 04:57 AM
i also heard that the intro was just a rip off of the ice cub predator intro? yayo is weak, fuck him

PolitiC
08-15-2005, 07:24 AM
aint yayo supposed 2 be the "odb of g-unit"???i havent heard much from him but on i run new york hes yelling like that and it seems like groups needs their their own crazy/angry rapper that bites odbs style(dips have freekey zeeky)so i always thought yayo is supposed 2 be the rapper of g-unit thats always yelling like hes pissed the fuck off

i dunno havent heard him rapping normally that much

peace

thwak
08-15-2005, 07:31 AM
I thought unkasa was the dips version of a ODB rip off?

PolitiC
08-15-2005, 07:34 AM
I thought unkasa was the dips version of a ODB rip off?well he might be too but freekey is also...listen 2 somebodys gotta die 2nite and youll understand..i like zeek tho

peace

TUCO
08-15-2005, 07:35 AM
i respect SurreaL's review in a hip-hop point of view rather than a biased vantage...no doubt....we need more reviews like this.......but dammit i hate Yayo, lol...im sorry SL but this dude is just weak beyond words!!! i dislike G-Unit but admit that Lloyd Banks and Game dropped the hottest albums outta that clique, no doubt.....Buck's a bum, Olivia's just average singing shit.....Mobb Deep and MOP droppin soon, cant wait.....but Yayo just sucks man....i dunno why or who thought this dude is a certified MC....sorry, respect the review no doubt...but i just hate this dude

peace

Analyze
08-15-2005, 09:45 AM
I thought Yayo was suppose to be the Flavor Flav of the squad a over-glorified hype-man. If he kinda come off on the Seductive beat then I know is album is trash.

Wu Forever

heatholdingconceitedmofo
08-15-2005, 10:17 AM
wtf, why does every conversation about a rapper have to turn into comparison to wutang

WuBanga36
08-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Cause Wu is the best. :)

BRONZBODY
08-15-2005, 10:35 AM
tony gayo is wack,lloyd stanks is wack,young dicksucks is wack,and 15 cent is the wackest,fuck g unot.why m.o.p? why???????

tical2000
08-15-2005, 11:46 AM
songs like "CURIOUS", "PROJECT PRINCESS", "pimpin" are fuckin on some gay ass JA RULE esque thugs-in-love shit...........and TONY YAYO sounds corny as fuck to, doing these songs............I thought TONY YAYO was straight from jail and strictly putting it down for the streets??? I guess in todays rap climate an album cannot come out unless it has the madatory thugs-in-love songs for the 12 year old girl at the mall demographic.............fuck I hate rap in 2005.

Like the rest of G-UNIT, TONY YAYO is just not that good of a rapper.........and this formula that they have been doing since GET RICH OR DIE TRYING came out is getting tired.....

I was maybe expecting a real grimy street record from the jail dude they have been hyping up as from the streets.........I guess that would have been to creative and different..........like the rest of the industry they choose to play it safe and give people what has worked in the past and is expected

SurreaL
08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
If you didn't notice, this is a review thread, So keep the other member's out of it.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
i respect SurreaL's review in a hip-hop point of view rather than a biased vantage...no doubt....we need more reviews like this.......but dammit i hate Yayo, lol...im sorry SL but this dude is just weak beyond words!!! i dislike G-Unit but admit that Lloyd Banks and Game dropped the hottest albums outta that clique, no doubt.....Buck's a bum, Olivia's just average singing shit.....Mobb Deep and MOP droppin soon, cant wait.....but Yayo just sucks man....i dunno why or who thought this dude is a certified MC....sorry, respect the review no doubt...but i just hate this dude

peace
yeah i used to like his style when they first came out but soon realized after a thousand spins of there mixtapes shit that it wasn't that nice anymore so yayo needs that old style that he didn't give a fuck style not this watered down as with most rappers this watered down trying to ge tthe bitches and the white people 2 feel u so fuck e'm the hood don't even like e'm anymore niggaz don't give back

SHRAP
08-16-2005, 12:00 AM
wtf, why does every conversation about a rapper have to turn into comparison to wutang
man i was thinking the same fucking thing, :lmao: at these fuckin dudes on this shit

Cheech Da WildKard
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm feelin' "Live By The Gun", his freestyle over "Welcome to Jamrock", and "So Seductive", I ain't hear nothin' else. Now, I like "So Seductive" for what it is, a club track, somethin' to vibe to with a chick, some weed and some beer, I'm not sayin' dude sick with the lyrics or nothin' like that.

100pr00f
08-16-2005, 12:44 PM
ima d/l instedd of buying it...i bought banks and bucks cd...bucks is the best so far...got some nice beats on his cd

tical2000
08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Yayo sounds decent on the street tracks ("Homicide", "It is what it is", "eastside, westside", "live by the gun", "g Shit").......but on the manufactured RnB sounding tracks he sounds terrible ("curious", "project princess", "pimpin")........

G...
08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
To be honest, I can't be fucked to even listen to this, no dis to Yayo tho, I'm no G Unit hater, Game dropped a classic [even tho he ain't on that label no more], and I copped Banks' album which was illll too. But, Yayo... can't be fucked after hearing that first single, aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!! But on mixtape shit, he's usually good on the grimey, street tip... can't imagine him over a RnB sounding tracks tho. Ha. ONE

SurreaL
08-16-2005, 04:16 PM
One song cannot define a whole album dude.

crastuf
08-16-2005, 05:46 PM
I myself, like Yayo & Game. I'll probally buy the cd. But the review given was still biased due to the fact he said that he's not biasing the review due to G-Unit representation.

SurreaL
08-16-2005, 05:50 PM
The review was just for Tony Yayo, How his presence was felt on the cd. I wasn't going to give him shitty review's just for him being in G-Unit, this was a honest review.

TSA
08-16-2005, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=also they remixed the beat from that britney spears song Toxic ahahha[/QUOTE]
That's hip hop.

rzarectah
08-16-2005, 06:45 PM
they should have added some of the mixtape tracks like "im a gangsta" feat buck and "this is my city" feat banks....those alone are alot better than most tracks on that album....also even "gunit the gang" woulda been a nice addition

adedwutang
08-16-2005, 07:00 PM
i dont know why everyones fuckin hatin on g-unit so much, im not sayin they the best, but they got a wholleee lot of fuckin dope ass songs, and that song pimpen isnt a thug in love song, i heard it once and if i herd rite hes talkin bout how he DONT LOVE HOES, i think the album is decent and surreal gave a nice review, but just chill on the hatin, cmon guys i know theres some songs u wanna play but dont just because u think g-units full of bitches and think olivias a man, who the fuck cares about there personalities, none of u niggas know them fareal, so if they got hot shit wuts so wrong about listenin to it. but u got ur own opinions so w/e

tical2000
08-16-2005, 07:08 PM
i dont know why everyones fuckin hatin on g-unit so much, im not sayin they the best, but they got a wholleee lot of fuckin dope ass songs, and that song pimpen isnt a thug in love song, i heard it once and if i herd rite hes talkin bout how he DONT LOVE HOES, i think the album is decent and surreal gave a nice review, but just chill on the hatin, cmon guys i know theres some songs u wanna play but dont just because u think g-units full of bitches and think olivias a man, who the fuck cares about there personalities, none of u niggas know them fareal, so if they got hot shit wuts so wrong about listenin to it. but u got ur own opinions so w/eI dont think tha album is terrible, I just think that the thugs-in-love joints that YAYO attempts are terrible ("curious", "project princess") and sound like some forced 2nd rate JA RULE shit.......the street bangers are aight........I would give the album a 3.5/5

I aint a G UNIT hater either.........I dont mind 50 CENT, and I dont mind YOUNG BUCK........BANKS is fuckin straight trash though

tragedykhadafi12
08-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I think this album is hott. I just heard it today actually and I liked every song I heard.

SurreaL
08-16-2005, 09:20 PM
See, that's cool ^, people are quick to judge a album just cause the label there on, good to see you actually spun it and vibed to it, peace.