PDA

View Full Version : Maximus Da Mantis Presents "The First Of Many Last Stands" The Album

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-30-2008, 01:00 PM
IIght Here It Is Yall. With Great Dissapointment I Cant Sell This Album At The Moment Due To Certain Issues With Certain Beats. Im Not Gonna Explain In This Thread So If You Wanna Know Just PM Me And I'll Tell You
I Wanna Thank All Emcees From Here, Without Yall This Would be Just Bland, And All Producers For Making These Sick Beats Without Yall Im Nothing But A Poet With Wise Words, Thank You To The Streets, World And Anything Depresssing That I Drew Inspiration For This Project.
Im Already Working On The Next Album So If Any Producers Or Emcees Wanna Work Hit Me Up

Thanx To GFX For The Cover
And Thanx To Da Scareb Scribe For The Back

I Couldnt Find Another Host Thatll Host Such A Bigg File

Link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0IXI0WY7

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/sp/27cf85aad4ba723183da69bba33f1e70/MaximusDaMantisFinished.png

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/sp/5efc14fa8e12881d68611ba51c7f7f15/MaximusDaMantisBack.png

ERN-DAWGY
03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
first one to cop the album i be back in a minute to give my review

Masta Chilla
03-30-2008, 02:51 PM
downloading... will u sell it later though? cuz i wanna buy dat.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-30-2008, 02:54 PM
i Need To Clear Two Beats...So If I can Clear Them Yea

IronFingaz7
03-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm going to check this and get back to you on this.

P.E.A.C.E.

LORD ZERO
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
downloading NOW!

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
RESPECT to maximus

INF
03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
WHATS tHe PASSWoRd?????

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
03-30-2008, 05:59 PM
password?:=)

INF
03-30-2008, 06:50 PM
j/k

White_Mouse
03-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Downloading now, i'll write a review later...

12weLvE
03-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Downloading...

Hellspawn
03-31-2008, 02:51 AM
the most anticipated...

*downloadin*

100pr00f
03-31-2008, 07:59 AM
dope ima hit this up

IronFingaz7
03-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Just peeped the shit. Nice joint you got here.

My favorite tracks are:

Puppeteers
Falling Tears
Addiction
Wordz Can't Describe

P.E.A.C.E.

ERN-DAWGY
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
yooooo this album is siiiick...may fav the first of many last stands, n that pupperteers track is sick too ..

overall 9/10 good job man sick drop

PEACE

White_Mouse
03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
o my god feeling alot of this, my favorite track thus far is most DEFINITELY "mic crushers", great piano sample and production...the main thing that stood out to me most in contrast from this album to your first one i heard is the production is WAAAY better, the beats and the mixing, and everything fits really well...yours and "Devamp's" joint get my vote for best "'corp" album of the year so far lol...nah all bullshit aside i give this album 4 1/2 mics/5 mics...great effort hopefully next time i can get on a track with you...

D Loc
03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
downloading this right now expecting to be on fire

D Loc
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
damm album is crazy just how i predicted on fire im gon be listening to this all day every day
my two favorite r addiction n whatever happen to them daze great lyrics n beats

Hellspawn
04-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Great album Max, it worth the wait, productions, lyrics and flow are off the hook.
my favorite tracks are :
Puppeteers (best track)
Mic Crushers (you and Ern killed it like always)
Once Was A Time (not coz I'm on it lol)
Whatever Happen To Them Daze (great chorus)
The First Of Many Last Stands
Hard Rain

keep at it bro'

Peace

Jimmy Focus
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
i give it 4 mics/5. this is a strong album.......next one i think you shud put less tracks...23 tracks was alot to put on this.....but overall it was good

D-Infinite
04-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Who did your production Mantis?

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
04-02-2008, 05:41 AM
i'll post the track listing later today

I GOT A CHAMBER
04-02-2008, 06:10 AM
damm album is crazy just how i predicted on fire im gon be listening to this all day every day
my two favorite r addiction n whatever happen to them daze great lyrics n beats

WOT TUNES U BUZZIN OFF LET A BROTHER NO

The Prime Sithesizah
04-02-2008, 08:19 AM
downloading now.. been waiting for this album for A LONG time now...
I'll drop a review in a min...

imbrator
04-02-2008, 09:16 AM
eh yo Max tha album is a real bangaa
all trax re real joint i realy all smoke emn lol

but my fav of tha fav is mic crushshers with our dawg dawgy ish is hot

i also post the labum on my blog = blog of our Fam

www.uhhurap.blogspot.com

http://uhhurap.blogspot.com/search/label/Maximus%20Da%20Mantis

The Prime Sithesizah
04-02-2008, 09:42 AM
The First Stand: the flute is beautiful & then it's doper because of how it blended into the whole theatrical vibe with the samurai sample

Action Pack Rap: the emceeing is strictly on point. the mixed crossing layers came out very dope. Even though the beat itself was basic, including the switch, it's nice. If the drums would've been more fluent, it would've been the perfect track.

The Fuckin Fenix: This is thee MOST underground intermission I've ever heard. You should've kept this going longer. Your signature sound was all over this beat. Kinda early RZA'ish but still amazingly brilliant because you turned it into something of your own. Get back into your element all the way through on this one, Prey with the techniques...

Industry Standerds: ???.....

I'm From The Daze: Kinda difficult to judge, nothing really blew me away with this one but it's decent. Sounds a bit normal, yet the subject-matter caught my attention..

Puppeteers: Ahhhh, this is that Mantis shit. That added sample was WOW.. how it kicks in in the right parts. You mixed this one perfectly, Can't really call any flaws with this one.

Falling Tears: ???? ... Your flow and lyrics stood out more, but the beat was still different. Feelin the chorus alot. I wish you would've threw in some keys and custom horns, it wouldve been a true classic in your catalogue, hands down.

Addition: Once again, very inspiring emceeing. Reminds me of something 4th Disciple would've given Killarmy but it's still dope nevertheless. Im feelin this track though, kinda more on your sentimental zone with this track. Touching for the most part.

City Saga: The hell did you get that vocal to sound like that in the background like it's originally from the song? lol.. Some of your best work here, smooth, mellow BUT new. VERY new. Keep the political rap going strong the way you did it. You touch GOOD topics.

Cower In Fear: ???... kinda was a filler but maybe I'm missing the purpose, less skits & more full tracks

The First Of Many Last Stands: You and Ern are like the perfect combination, no didoubt. The beat complimented both of your styles because you two usually craft in a similar way. Nice hype-battle track.

Assassins Cypher: Should've been the first track after the intro, just to let people know where you're coming from. Idk where you get your samples from but they're remarkable & your emceeing sets the standards each track.

Mic Crushers: ...Hmmm, triumphant and classical together in a deranged format. Orchestrated into something, uhhh… listenable. Decent track overall. Maybe it’s the drums that kinda threw me from feeling it completely.

Settle Down: I WOULD DESTROY THAT SAMPLE lol…

Wordz Cant Describe: Subject matter is just realistic, it’s good that you think a lot. It matched the beat nicely. Another well-mixed track.

Once Was A Time: ??? … Okay track. Diverse from everything else but honestly, I don’t believe this should’ve cut on the album. HOWEVER, both you and HellSpawn delivered well on the mic. Much respect to both on the emcee tip.

Sometimes: Student of Battle came off dope alongside yourself. The beat was pretty nice. I can’t really complain about this one. Another personal favorite, production-wise. Good Good work.

Spanish Slavery: 4th Disciple’ish … but the emceeing made me listen, VERY relevant and once again, caught my attention deeply this time.

Seimpre En La Calle: …Decent work, maybe was something else that really didn’t have intentions of being on the album. But it was more quality for the listeners.

Hard Rain: Lyrical devastation.. something else, feeling the drums on this one too. ANOTHER favorite track from the album.

Whatever Happen To Them: Mantis style… good shit. Still spittin reminiscence over prominent beats that make people contemplate on a regular basis. Good work here.

End Of The Road: Yo.. how come all your skits happen to be joints that you could flip and destroy but end up short as fuck lol… dammit man… I need MORE…

Back To The Basement Pt. 2: THE BEAT TRACK ON THE ALBUM, PERIOD!! I wanna do a Ceremix to this lol…

Overall, this album (in mics) gets a 4.8/5… a WuCorp Classic overall…

Complex
04-02-2008, 10:31 AM
downloadin now....

Shitao
04-03-2008, 05:44 AM
downloadin now....

Me too

GameOfDeath
04-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Feelin the album 100%. I think the Mic Crushers beat sounds horrible though I wish I would've redone it. Action packed raps is ill, Beatjitzu on Fenix? I heard that before really gritty. I think I remember the Vamps beat for Puppeters. Hardcore lovin this track. This album is really cohesive. I've heard a lot from the Corp over time and this is the most complete I think I've heard. You have a ton of versatility in the writing and the feel of the tracks smoother stuff all the way to a lo fi beat. From battle raps to deeper issues. I had to listen to Addiction a few times, City Saga is deep. The First of Many Last Standz is a crazy track and of course you and Ern rip Mic Crushers but my mix is way off. Ern Dawg entertaining as always at the beginning of The First. Haha. Great. Three ill battle tracks in a row with Assassinz Cypher.

I like how you break it up with the interludes. But man you have a sick ear for beats. Sometimes is hard. SOB holds it down. All the guest MC's do really they all fit the tracks they are on. I'm feelin Siempre ever since I heard it. Hard Rain is one of the best on the album though. The rhythm of the track just goes with the running guitar and how you go low then the chorus gets louder. The writing that went into the album I'm lovin when I listen to Whatever Happen and its like it bookends I'm From the Daze. Is back to the Bassment one from when you first started spittin? Even here the beat is smooth and the whole joint is listenable. Man this is the best album I've heard for a minute. Thanks for the look on the beats Max. Your next one hopefully you get to sell. Can't think of too much I didn't like except the mix on my beats. I know you'll improve and evolve as a writer so nothin there. Why wasn't FeniX a full length track?

Illest Tracks to me are Action Pack Raps, Puppeteers(Amazin), Sometimes, and Hard Rain. Album is bangin.

LORD ZERO
04-03-2008, 07:57 PM
will be unstickied on the 10th!! my bad for da tardiness!

Shitao
04-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Really solid album man. Quality work. Action Pack Rap, Puppeteers, Addiction, Spanish Slavery (crazy crazy beat) are my favs. Really dope tracks. And this is a real album not a compilation of tracks...a lot of different moods but a real coherence on it.

Respect

PEACE

Masta Chilla
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Why wasn't FeniX a full length track?

oh yeah... fenix is too raw...

i also love action pack raps, i'm from the daze, puppeteers, city saga, the first of many last standz, assassins cypher, mic crushers, words cant describe, hard rain and whatever happened to them daze...

best wu-corp member album i've heard

Hellspawn
04-11-2008, 03:16 AM
uppin

dont sleep on that!

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Workin Wit Some Sick Names This Will Be My Last Internet Album Thanx To Those And All.....GOD And Beatjitzu And JeaHoon Yall Know The Deally

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM
word new album soon

num2son
08-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Finally had a chance to download this album.

Pretty nice album

Hard Rain and Falling Tears are dope.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
no doubt

flyingdaggers
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Propz for the Effort to you All..

I Like the dude Saga on the kut "The first of many stands"
Actually the whole track is fire So Kudos!!Hope everything works out!!!
Oh and the SKITS ARE ILL..PRopz

LORD ZERO
07-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Downloading now.......again! Lol