PDA

View Full Version : Democracy: Wu Corp Election 08'

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 01:15 AM
http://ccas.georgetown.edu/files/The%20Future%20of%20Democracy%20in%20Egypt.jpg

Recently there have been a multitude of threads referencing and linking to the idea of a Democratic approach to the moderation of General Chat.

The intention of this thread is to outline exactly what is contained in such a proposal, answer any queries surrounding it and to gauge support or opposition.

First and foremost, the proposal centers around the one value which the majority of the members of this site uphold, and that is Democracy. The opportunity for the general populous to have input into the manner in which their community is managed.

As a continuation of this commonly held principle, The Revolutionary Movement is of the steadfast opinion that this ideology should be upheld in respect to the administration of this website. Currently the general membership has virtually no tangible input into; the formulation and implementation of 'rules', the protocol relating to banning other members, the promotion of members to the Vatican, the rampant Irondancooleyism that appears to at best random and at worst malicious, inconsistency in relation to the implementation of site 'rules' and most importantly The Selection of Site Moderators.

The plethora aforementioned contentious issues in relation to the management of this site are currently coordinated by a broad group of people: The Dicktakership. This group is not restricted to Moderators and it does not include all moderators, but this is the ruling class of wu corp. It encompasses the Vatican members, a group analogous to corporate American, a group who have tasted power and yearn for more, thusly furiously defending the antiquated and un democratic systemic structures of this community.

Henceforth, it is the proposal of The Movement that the general membership does have influence in relations to the above discussed qualms.

The proposal is a simple one, and focuses around an election process.

A number of parties will be formed (the number is not set, but 2 would be optimum for facilitating practical electoral procedures). As of this moment, it seems sensible that there be a party representing The Movement and a party representing and supporting the current status quo. This party would possibly be lead by current moderators or renown Dicktaker Stylemasterr, but of course it is their decision. Also there will be benign party which represents the site as it is currently, and if elected, the site will remain as it is.

Each party may choose to select a core group of members, who may perform an Exectutive role and aid in campaigning. A leader of each party will also be selected.

Each party shall be allocated one thread in which their executive members have the opportunity to communicate their key policy initiative with the general membership.

Following the a short campaigning period, there would be a general election, in which all members of the site are allotted one vote, regardless of Reputation power, Veteran status, Vatican status, Mod Power and other related nonsense.

The party that wins the election would now act as a moderating body within general chat. With their leader being granted Moderating powers (most likely limited in some respect) and access to the Moderators forum. This would enable the leader to clearly communicate and act upon the thoughts and sentiments of the community that they represent. The leader would have a clear mandate to implement regulations according to the majority opinion of the site.

The frequency of such elections and other intricacies relating to the process are up for discussion, and may have to be tweaked and change as the model is adopted.

Evidently this is a proposal which emphasises the choice of change, but not necessarily the inevitability of change. If the general Wu Corp populous elects to continue with the current system, then this is the will of the people and it is final.

Even in such a situation, the site will now be run on a democratic basis, and the system which is currently in place will have a renewed legitimacy.

Ultimately, this is about the membership being able to choose in which direction they would like the site to move.

http://newdeal.feri.org/nchs/images/democracy.jpg

maestro wooz
04-01-2008, 01:44 AM
http://www.thecorpse.com/forums/uploads/monthly_04_2008/post-2828-1207032243.jpg

SKAMPOE
04-01-2008, 02:07 AM
http://www.flora.org/healthyottawa/td.jpg

Robert
04-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Werd, werd and werd. An example of the dicktatorship in full effect:

A friend of mine who called his profile "The Buzzerd" was banned (I think permanently) with no reason given. He made a thread titled "Naked teen pictures" or something to that affect but if the mod in question had opened the thread he would have seen the topic was actually aquariums.

How does this warrant a ban when there are several threads in the Irondan Cooley forum titled "nigga bitch", "niggas", "spic, nigga, spic"?

Huggasaurus Sex
04-01-2008, 02:11 AM
didn't read it

SKAMPOE
04-01-2008, 02:15 AM
http://www.markksullivan.com/wp-content/Peter_Thumbs_Down_02.jpg

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Thankyou for your respective demonstrations of either support or opposition.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 02:23 AM
this is like slaves voting to end slavery.

"okay, we's don wunna pick no mo cotton but we's gunna be demo-crastic"
"who votes we ain't no slaves?"

in rushes Tom the house nigga...."yall niggas is fools! how is yall gunna stop massa from whippin the skins clean off yo backside when you don't pick dat cotton? how you gunna run when yo feets is cut?"

"Massa Pat....Massa Ben ain't gon like what he see if he catch roun huh mixin wif dem nigras, yo fine linens is gettin all soiled from these dirty fieldhands. now cum back to the house, lets get you presentable."

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 02:29 AM
so your basically equating all member that arent Vatican or Mods to slaves...

and saying that their intelligence is lesser than someone who happens to get Vatican status (for reasons unknown).

if that the case, i can respect your opinion, but im a bit unsure how FatherT!me for example can claim intellectual dominance over anyone, let alone the upstanding members of the site.

6 Chambaz
04-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Nice read, but organizing political parties on a forum ???? That's takin' this whole shit too serious.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 02:32 AM
this is like slaves voting to end slavery.

"okay, we's don wunna pick no mo cotton but we's gunna be demo-crastic"
"who votes we ain't no slaves?"

in rushes Tom the house nigga...."yall niggas is fools! how is yall gunna stop massa from whippin the skins clean off yo backside when you don't pick dat cotton? how you gunna run when yo feets is cut?"

"Massa Pat....Massa Ben ain't gon like what he see if he catch roun huh mixin wif dem nigras, yo fine linens is gettin all soiled from these dirty fieldhands. now cum back to the house, lets get you presentable."

this was insensitive and counterproductive. my apologies. what i mean to say is that appealing to the powers that be is the only way to get anything changed.

by isolating yourselves from the powers that be you only distance yourselves further from your goal.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Appealing. No.

Demonstrating through mass public support and consequent action. Yes.

NIGHT MAYOR
04-01-2008, 02:39 AM
smh

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 02:40 AM
thanks for the input.

HarlemDiplomat
04-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Yeah sign me up or whatever... wait... whats this about?

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 03:08 AM
This sounds like effort to be honest.

I was thinking about it the other day, and I wouldn't wanna be a mod. It's a bit like becoming a prefect/hall monitor/class president or whatever.

6 Chambaz
04-01-2008, 03:11 AM

I was thinking about it the other day, and I wouldn't wanna be a mod. It's a bit like becoming a prefect/hall monitor/class president or whatever.

Yeah, and you'll have to deal with people who hate you/ think that your methods are dictator-like

Lizard King
04-01-2008, 03:21 AM
i'm in

maestro wooz
04-01-2008, 03:30 AM
I have extensive experience both as a moderator and an admin. I have long been a member of this site and was kicked out of the vatican for supporting raekwon which kind of makes me a member of ice water.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Also I have to admit that I'd ban people for a laugh. I'd generally abuse my power and act like a cunt.

Wait, thinking about it that actually sounds like fun....

Death the Kid
04-01-2008, 03:37 AM
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

Lizard King
04-01-2008, 03:50 AM
wrong
we need a dictatorship. make me the dictator and you'll live in paradise

Durag
04-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Fuck being a mod, i co- sign that.

But id like to take part in who is the mod. I like all the ideas out out by Pat and im 100 percent behind him. Pat seems to the spokesman

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 07:52 AM
^^ Yeah I'd vote I guess, just can't be bothered to be involved any further than that.

My vote goes to Tauro to be a mod.

Durag
04-01-2008, 07:56 AM
^^Ya i think i co-sign that. He should defiinitly be in charge of the hip-hop section and the box office hideout

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
ok cool.

TSA and I are joint spokes people i guess.

this requires no effort or work on the part of general members, just vote in the thread for the party you want. Or align with a party and have input into selecting a leader.

on a personal note, i think TAURO would make a good mod also, not sure if he would want to do it though.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 09:08 AM
okay pat. so if you don't get ur wishes, r yall gonna leave wucorp?
what is the consequence for noncompliance?

this is the inherent flaw in this whole elaborate scheme.

i repeat, if you appeal to the powers that be you can enact change. i mean honestly why should anyone care about ur demands? whats in it for them?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 09:18 AM
If i was a lesser man Stylemasterr, i would utter some rubbish to the effect of " damn son, why you gotta always cling ta ma nuts like dat kid".

Never the less, you make a valid point.

And im not sure, a 'strike' of some kind was suggested, im not sure if this would have any impact though, and i wouldnt expect members to take this seriously enough to 'strike'.

I wont be leaving the site, i just think this is a reasonable initiative which might bring some more quality and substance to the site.

Thats it, no one should care about it (the world care in this instance seems ridiculous also but..), however if they feel like this is a good idea they can choose to show support or participate.

I and others arent trying to make people do anything, or break anything up, or gain power or whatever other shit you may like to imply. I just think its a good idea.

Ok, so time for a question of my own, why are you against it? because you havent outlined that yet...

and dont bring up operational details and possible flaws, why are you in opposition of the principle?

not that it is 'wrong' to be, i just want to know why

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Do you not think that when you start organizing elections on an internet forum that it's prehaps time to log off for a while though? Seriously.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
haha

ok, i responded to that in the other thread but...

is it any more effort or exertion than posting the usual trollop and nonsense threads here.

i mean, its just as easy for me to write the first post of this thread as it is to write the 1000 word history of Skapoism (which admitably, was going a bit too far).

anyway, my point is, im on here posting anyway, the music discussion here is at a very low level, doing this is as pointless/worthy as doing anything else

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah but we get more enjoyment out of the 1000 word history of Skamp.

It's like saying:

"I could spend an hour smokin weed n listening to tunes or I could spend an hour putting up posters for the school election. They both take an hour, so what's the difference?".

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
But your failing to realise the that im not posting for other enjoyment really, i obviously have my own motives otherwise i wouldnt be here.

that anology makes no sense, because i would take no enjoyment in putting up posters.

whether im writing long winded, overblown textual explorations of Skampoes history or long winded, overblown nonsensical explanations of a fictional internet revolution, my utility of satisfaction is constant.

I enjoy/dislike doing this as much as i enjoy/dislike doing anything else on this site.

there is no obligation to do it, and if i disliked it i obviously wouldnt be doing it...

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Yeah but I was pointing out that most people on here don't sign on to read about internet forum elections. By posting funny shit about Skamp you can bring joy to the masses, by setting up political parties and stuff, you can make this a sader place to 'hang out' than it already is.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Ok, so time for a question of my own, why are you against it? because you havent outlined that yet...

and dont bring up operational details and possible flaws, why are you in opposition of the principle?

not that it is 'wrong' to be, i just want to know why

well i'm not against the principle in theory. but to throw pragmatism out the window and act out of principle is irresponsible at best, i am tepmted to say foolish.

so to ask me not to mention operational details is like asking me "why its not a good idea to build ur own airplane and fly it off a cliff, but don't say anything about details or operational flaws"
everything is in the details. i just think the goals of this revolution are tied to the wrong objectives. I see a learning curve for modship, that means that we will be dealing with a "mod in training" every 3 months. the main issue i have is replacing one mod with another does not solve the problem. it will prolly compound it.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
everyone needs a bit of spice.

in their lives.

and spinx, apologies for making this place 'sadder' i guess...

i thought the tone had been quite jovial from both TSA and I and other people involved, its not any more serious than anything else here...

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:09 AM
It's all good.

It's just a very university student thing.

Robert
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
No one is being too serious, this isn't World Of Warcraft.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
It's all good.

It's just a very university student thing.

aha!

so it comes down to the grand old constant of classism.

damn, i would have thought that on a forum such as this we moved past that shit, obvously not though.

just because i get down like that, doesnt mean im not a human being also.
:yessad:

HANZO
04-01-2008, 10:20 AM
i jus dnt understand wats wrong. you lot pissed that you cant post corpse style pictures in gen chat??? or at the fact that some members are punished for posting fuked up stuff, while others are not??

it all seems like too much effort. i mean if your idea does occur, it will be good for the first couple months, then the concept will just die away.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Han, thats the liquor talking.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
aha!

so it comes down to the grand old constant of classism.

damn, i would have thought that on a forum such as this we moved past that shit, obvously not though.

just because i get down like that, doesnt mean im not a human being also.
:yessad:

Nah not a class thing, just that certain things only ever seem to appeal to people between the ages of 18 and 21 who are at university. All that ker-ray-zee stuff they get up to. You know, like charity fund raisers where men run down the street wearing dresses and army boots and shit like that that seems so zany and cool when you're young.

Shit I'm starting to sound old. And feel old. Where's my pipe and slippers?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I dont know whats happened here, you guys must have been at the mercy of the Dicktakership longer than i first predicted.

Calm down, yes i wrote an extended post about electing mods.

Its not complicated, and it requires no effort from YOU, the customer.

Either support or oppose.

keep it simple though. (and yes stylemasterr, i see you, i know not everything is simple in this imperfect world we live in)

HAN you are a first class hater of the highest order, and this i can dig, so peace god

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Nah not a class thing, just that certain things only ever seem to appeal to people between the ages of 18 and 21 who are at university. All that ker-ray-zee stuff they get up to. You know, like charity fund raisers where men run down the street wearing dresses and army boots and shit like that that seems so zany and cool when you're young.

Shit I'm starting to sound old. And feel old. Where's my pipe and slippers?

im not sure what the do in En Guh Lund, but ive never seen a spectacle of that nature in my projectz.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 10:42 AM
but seriously. my original idea was to perpetuate the myth of vatican elitism and crank it up a notch. in hopes of goading a dramatic response from the revolutionaries. then we could have this whole mock civil war/french revolution/ new world order thing to play with for the next month.
but after seeing that this was "real talk", i explored the possibilities and didn't see much in terms of solving the problem.
but after the firm stance i have taken, it would be impossible for me to garnish support for anything less than "let them eat cake" from our vatican brethren. not to say that cake eating isn't a pleasurable activity.

so now here i am with my own motives getting my kicks from advocating the devil.

the option for change is not an option. its either "we change or we don't" and we make that choice all day every day. by offering me the option to change, you are not offering me anything new. now democracy is new. to participate or even consider democracy is change.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:47 AM
admit it, the vatican is a wasteland and trying to get any kind of organisation or activity in there is virtually impossible.

Umpire Randall says: (10:55:43 PM)
hahaha
sean disappear here says: (10:57:22 PM)
stylemasterr is a funny chap, but a dickhuggah
sean disappear here says: (10:57:32 PM)
he wants mod status so bad haha, 'it hurts'
sean disappear here says: (10:57:46 PM)
i think he'll get it soon probably, maybe later this year
Umpire Randall says: (10:57:49 PM)
hahaha, yeah

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:01 AM
I prefer this place to be a big fuckin mess full of haters and general unpleasantness to be honest. I just come here, chat some shit and leave. I don't need things to be a nice tidy democratic utopia.

Huggasaurus Sex
04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
stylemaster get me that pic of the heat pressed T you lazy fuck

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
think about what you just said, and have a look at all the threads concerning the Revolution....

all are an absolute mess of rhetoric, insults, power struggles.

the only difference is that theres something different to discuss as oppose to guys dicks and general homosexual material.

just one positive outcome....

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Just remember what happens to revolutionaries....

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3739/firingsquadvf6.gif

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:44 AM
yes, the Dicktakership can at times try and silence those with revolutionary blood.

History will of course demonstrate the error of their ways.

(i think your mad spinx because i stole your shine in the Trip Hop thread, youve hardly posted since then...)

The Vatican's fury cannot be underestimated.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the trip-hop thread.

I've actually had a week off work (I only post at work) and I've been off enjoying the finer things in life. I'm now back at work, bored and posting pointless crap again. I don't think the election is a bad thing (maybe a bit silly though), it just seemed to be one of the only threads that was active today, so I thought I'd waffle a bit.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
fair enough.

check into the Trip Hop thread, its dying :(

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I'll hit it with a whole load of shit soon. I'm gonna post a load of recommendations and up an mp3 or two from each artist. Videos too.

TSA
04-01-2008, 12:10 PM

Also I have to admit that I'd ban people for a laugh. I'd generally abuse my power and act like a cunt.

Wait, thinking about it that actually sounds like fun....

well i'm not against the principle in theory. but to throw pragmatism out the window and act out of principle is irresponsible at best, i am tepmted to say foolish.

so to ask me not to mention operational details is like asking me "why its not a good idea to build ur own airplane and fly it off a cliff, but don't say anything about details or operational flaws"
everything is in the details. i just think the goals of this revolution are tied to the wrong objectives. I see a learning curve for modship, that means that we will be dealing with a "mod in training" every 3 months. the main issue i have is replacing one mod with another does not solve the problem. it will prolly compound it.

stylemaster makes good points, which is why duh revelooshun, him, and duh mawds should meet and negotiate something, we are 100% willing to negotiate.

if you don't like inexperienced mods, don't vote for them, if you fear mods abusing power, don't vote for skampoes, anything you fear from the system or don't want you don't have to stand by, and the majority of the site won't stand by it either

it's like a real election, people vote based on experience alot, people vote based on past judgements

your gonna get a joke candidate here and there, but being a mod is too much work for anyone that's joking to go through with, and ppl won't vote for them outside of a few secondaries and begongos

we're pushing for a constitution,
a system of checks and balances
a system of amendment
and a system of vote based leadership

SG
04-01-2008, 12:47 PM
stylemaster makes good points, which is why duh revelooshun, him, and duh mawds should meet and negotiate something, we are 100% willing to negotiate.

if you don't like inexperienced mods, don't vote for them, if you fear mods abusing power, don't vote for skampoes, anything you fear from the system or don't want you don't have to stand by, and the majority of the site won't stand by it either

it's like a real election, people vote based on experience alot, people vote based on past judgements

your gonna get a joke candidate here and there, but being a mod is too much work for anyone that's joking to go through with, and ppl won't vote for them outside of a few secondaries and begongos

we're pushing for a constitution,
a system of checks and balances
a system of amendment
and a system of vote based leadership

Lets go back......way back

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/index.php) to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

I have read, and agree to abide by the Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan rules.

Contract........

A09Ha5M82us

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/p/l/rumsfeld_reloaded.jpg

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 12:49 PM
'The Owners' son, thats the key word.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Given who the owner is, you might wanna limit the possible mods to people who haven't slated him to shit all over this site.

Also the problem with democracies is they have a habit of voting in....

http://www.pissedonpolitics.com/BushChimp.jpg

That or the people at the top rig the thing (not that that's happened in world politics).

DUMBO
04-01-2008, 12:56 PM
im getting banned today forever. therefore i would like to offer a vote now - i vote against any italians in leadership, and pat bateman to be shot in the face.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 12:59 PM
this guy is truly furious and beyond reason.

you really need this break, the ban may not be forever, depending on the activity in this forum.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Some serious self esteem issues.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
a death threat against a mod...

this guy really wants that indefinite IP ban doesnt he.