PDA

View Full Version : The rep points system is starting to become bullshit

Durag
04-01-2008, 09:04 AM
It involves people posting in one thread and repping each other. Im not gonna lie, ive gotten a few points from, and props to the people who gave me them, but id rather get points for having good informantive / humurous / intelligent etc posts, than just getting some for posting in a thread. Its getting a bit out of hand i think.

Olive Oil Goombah
04-01-2008, 09:07 AM
people can rep you for good posts. iTs happened to me. Maybe your posts just arent cuttin the mustard.

Suga Duga
04-01-2008, 09:18 AM
dunno, start to like it

Durag
04-01-2008, 09:23 AM
people can rep you for good posts. iTs happened to me. Maybe your posts just arent cuttin the mustard.

No, they are ive gotten rep for them, but mainly it consists of people repping each other in one thread

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Exactly right.

I mean, ive got points for no reason just because ive posted in that thread, and it was exactly the same last time rep was here.

Basically most of my contributions to this site (downloads, music information etc.) goes un noticed and there is no rep for that, but then i can just post in the rep points thread complaining about not having enough and someone will boost you...

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 09:56 AM
But who actually cares? It's like stars on McDonalds badges.

The best thing that rep has brought about was some of the funny shit going on in that Post Ya Rep Points thread.

Storm
04-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Exactly right.

I mean, ive got points for no reason just because ive posted in that thread, and it was exactly the same last time rep was here.

Basically most of my contributions to this site (downloads, music information etc.) goes un noticed and there is no rep for that, but then i can just post in the rep points thread complaining about not having enough and someone will boost you...

You could be repped for just in general being a good poster on this site even though technically that's not what rep system is for.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
i have no earthly idea what u are talking about. all my rep comes from putting in work.

so u mean if i post in here somebody would rep me for it? i don't get it.

i am at 666 by the way.....

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
your lying, because ive neg and positively repped you for doing absolutely nothing,

You could be repped for just in general being a good poster on this site even though technically that's not what rep system is for.

yeah i guess so, but most people just rep others so they can get rep back.

Blackula Spectacula
04-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Someone rep me please. Thnx

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I think you're starting to take the Corp too seriouslly Pat. I think you might need a holiday.

pill happy
04-01-2008, 10:11 AM
i couldn't give a flying fuck about rep points, but durag is right, i gave a shit load of dvds to somedody other day and no rep points, i don't want any i'm just saying.

Orion Nebulus
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
It involves people posting in one thread and repping each other. Im not gonna lie, ive gotten a few points from, and props to the people who gave me them, but id rather get points for having good informantive / humurous / intelligent etc posts, than just getting some for posting in a thread. Its getting a bit out of hand i think.

Do you think rep points are really that important?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I think you're starting to take the Corp too seriouslly Pat. I think you might need a holiday.

ha, of course.

i take everything unimportant i do extremely seriously, but for some reason cant bring myself to apply this commitment to supposedly important things.

it is a vice of mine.

at worst, i guess this site is good writing and typing practice?

and my life is a holiday, so im sure what taking a vacation would mean.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
^^ Maybe you need to do some fuckin work then!

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:37 AM
im not sure what you mean by work...

but im studying full time and 'working' part time.

i just dont apply much commitment to either pursuits

i should, but i dont.

unless someone on here can offer me some astounding and groundbreaking advise on how to combat inherent slovenliness

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Wouldn't know, I'm a lazy fuck.

STYLE
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
your lying, because ive neg and positively repped you for doing absolutely nothing,

i always tell the truth even when i lie.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:43 AM
haha

so whats with all the heat on me then...

before my uni holidays that i just had i didnt really post that much anyway.

i guess it comes with the Revolutionary territory.

*flexes revolutionary muscles, a product of revolutionary blood*

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:45 AM

i know this is some kind of Vatican zealot trick of the mind sentence, but my revolutionary blood is preventing me from interpreting it accurately.

what on earth do you mean young squire?

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Red text gets people angry.

6 Chambaz
04-01-2008, 10:48 AM
It's bullshit 'cause only Vaticans can do it.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 10:49 AM
tell me about it.

i cant post without Fathert!me, Stylemasterr, Saqatore chicken wings, lateshowhost or any other herbert newman sending me furious rep and private messages.

until now i was beginning to question my eloquence and gentlemanly manner.

it is reassuring to know it isnt about me.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 10:53 AM
It's bullshit 'cause only Vaticans can do it.

To be fair it kinda makes sense. Vatican is supposed to mean you've proven yourself to be a sensible poster, so will use your rep in a wise manner. Doesn't always work out, but I reckon it'd be even more of a mess if everyone could do it.

WARPATH
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Eh.........

I like to go around and give neg rep to new kids and watch their bar turn grey. It's fun. If I had super rep power i'd be making everyone go red for posting stupid ass shit. If the other Vatican's followed suit, maybe some of these mother fuckers would get their shit together.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
^^ I noticed G 'The Promoter' hasn't got any rep, and I think I'm gonna neg him grey.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:14 AM
G the Promoter was an over achieving Wu Tang dicktaker.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Well if you wanna neg him grey then here he is:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=39962

But to be fair, he's been with Wu since before 36 Chambers dropped. He also calls himself G not Shaolin Swordsman Killah or some shit like that, which is good.

6 Chambaz
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Eh.........

I like to go around and give neg rep to new kids and watch their bar turn grey. It's fun. If I had super rep power i'd be making everyone go red for posting stupid ass shit. If the other Vatican's followed suit, maybe some of these mother fuckers would get their shit together.

Thanks, CS, what would I do without you !

WARPATH
04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks, CS, what would I do without you !

Continue to suck. *D

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
There does seem to have been a recent mass arrival of 15 year olds on this site. Did someone convince their entire class at school to join up or something?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Well if you wanna neg him grey then here he is:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=39962

But to be fair, he's been with Wu since before 36 Chambers dropped. He also calls himself G not Shaolin Swordsman Killah or some shit like that, which is good.

yeha, he was cool until there was a slight backlash against wu and all the fucking albums being pushed back.

as soon as questions were fired at him, he said rza didnt want him on this site anymore, and he made like swayze.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:41 AM
There does seem to have been a recent mass arrival of 15 year olds on this site. Did someone convince their entire class at school to join up or something?

no comment...

although i admit that the member "K Fed" who was here last year and was banned in record time, was someone who i sort of know.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Haha.

We do a good job of driving all artists away from this site. Pretty impressive when you can actually drive artists away from what used to be their own site. I feel like a squatter.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Ha,

at least the golden days of being mentioned in the booklet of Wu albums can be cherished.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 11:45 AM
They may as well leave us in there. Most of the contents of Wu albums booklets is complete shit anyway (coming soon 'The Cure' etc).

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 11:50 AM
the sign of a true wu fan is blind hope in the face of damning evidence on the contrary.

my hopes rose a bit when i saw the OB4CL leaked thread on the corpse... but alas

6 Chambaz
04-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Continue to suck. *D

WOW ! That killed me

HarlemDiplomat
04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I still don't know how to give rep points and I really don't care. The rep this is stupid anyway.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
You can't give rep points. So you don't have to worry.

TSA
04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
i have no earthly idea what u are talking about. all my rep comes from putting in work.

so u mean if i post in here somebody would rep me for it? i don't get it.

i am at 666 by the way.....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/Totodileex/O_RLY.jpg

Masta Chilla
04-01-2008, 01:42 PM
lol i start to like being a "crouching tiger"...

Grrr!
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff285/MastaChilla/crouching_tiger_ib1.jpg

(no homo)

DJMethods
04-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Ill scene in an ill movie

MsRzaRecTaH
04-01-2008, 02:53 PM
I sorta feel the same way Durag is feeling, I always said this was a bad idea.

begongo
04-01-2008, 02:56 PM
lol i start to like being a "crouching tiger"...

Grrr!
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff285/MastaChilla/crouching_tiger_ib1.jpg

(no homo)

man thank god you mentioned "no homo", I didn't notice it at first and I was thinkin ... damn ... this is the gayest shit I read in a while

anyway ... it's all good

that tiger is kinda hot (no zoo)

King Tron 1
04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
rep points did get out of hand.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
(no zulu)

King Tron 1
04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
(no phillies)

TSA
04-01-2008, 03:03 PM
i've been busy as fuck, so the Geeohdee system won't be updated till later this week

but i'd invest there

Visionz
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I hand out rep for all kinds of reasons, funny post, quality uploads, no reason at all etc... for me its not a vatican circle jerk, its a way of e-dap, if you don't like it then ignore it. I'm glad its here and nobody can say that Vahacris going into a psycotic tailspin over a lil neg rep wasn't fuckin hilarious

Da Ryda
04-01-2008, 05:58 PM
You mad coz other people getting rep points for nothing? What's with people's eternal quest for rep points anyway? Just post on the forum... :ouch:

vahacris
04-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Exactly right.

i told ya all its for the nerds and kidz. ha! pathetic attempt to be e-cool ;]

vahacris
04-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I hand out rep for all kinds of reasons, funny post, quality uploads, no reason at all etc... for me its not a vatican circle jerk, its a way of e-dap

vision unseen on his eternal quest for e-fame buahahaha
that was deep man but dont get to emotional cuz its still pathetic even if nobody talks about it kid.

whos carebear faggo?? :thumbup:

Visionz
04-01-2008, 07:16 PM
vision unseen on his eternal quest for e-fame buahahaha
that was deep man but dont get to emotional cuz its still pathetic even if nobody talks about it kid.

whos carebear faggo?? :thumbup::lmao: