PDA

View Full Version : CUBAN LINX PT II MAY 27th................................

a97jones
04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
It's About Time: Raekwon's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II" Finally Set for Release!!
Some good news has finally arrived this morning for all of you Wu-Tang fans out there... me included.

2006 was the year that word began to spread about the follow-up to The Chef's 1995 hip-hop classic Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. And two years later, silence has since swarmed amongst all awaiting Wu-Tang fans who pretty much gave up on the empty promise that was deemed-- up until now-- broken. Before present time, the only hype left was the two-year-old Myspace blog posted on Raekwon's page which said that the album was "about 96% complete."

If the album was practically done two years ago, why is this album-- which is already dubbed classic by way of its critically acclaimed predecessor-- just now recieving a release date?

"There was a lot of politics and mishap going on behind the scenes," the rep from Raekwon's camp, Ken Brunwick, stated to AP. "Originally, RZA had produced about half of the tracks on Cuban Linx II, but a lot took place in between Rae's Cuban Linx project and the release of the Wu's 8 Diagrams. Rae became a little disgruntled and uneasy about the way the whole Wu project went down-- as was widely publicized. So with that on his shoulders, he wanted to go through and rework the album... to say it lightly."

To refresh your memory, Raekwon expressed his displeasure with the Wu's latest group effort, 8 Diagrams, calling RZA a "hip-hop hippie" and saying that RZA's production was full of "too much guitar sh*t." Ghostface-- in his own words-- agreed, and at one point stated:

"Rza ain't listening. He wanted to make [8 Diagrams] how he wanted it and it ain't come out right. ... He wanna make his own instruments and sh*t and it sounded real horrible. ... we ain't taking the blame for that."

What's done is done. So now what?

"It's set," continued Brunwick. "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II will be in stores May 27th through a negotiated joint deal. The lead single, 'Ode to Shaolin,' which is a sure-to-be-classic produced by Kanye West, will be impacting radio in two weeks max. We've already linked with [director] Steven Tapia and have begun production for the video. Rae peeped the video for Staten Island rapper AC's 'Rae Told Me' and thought that what Tapia did with the video was clever. So we reached out, and it all came together.

"Expect that Raekwon classic material, but with a refreshing touch of today's hottest producers. Sure the RZA sound was-- and still is-- classic. And even RZA's production on the first Cuban Linx album was a shift from his signature sound. But what was hot back in the 90s doesn't necessarily do magic in today's musical climate, especially with the present digital takeover and the tastes of the younger music consumers. Still, innovative MCs like Raekwon posses the ability to keep in step with the changing faces of hip-hop. So expect nothing less than what made the first Cuban Linx... with an extra touch of current hip-hop influence."
It's about time! Two copies to that one. I hope you'll catch that.

http://www.wuforever.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2636

a97jones
04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Wu Tang fans rejoice! I am hearing Raekwon is going to be dropping OnLy BuilT for Cuban LinX II real soon…this spring!

http://allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/default.aspx

a97jones
04-02-2008, 08:14 PM
If the RZA songs were wack

then take em off

but dont take em off

over beef

Bong!!

Ive been banging Cuban Linx

for the last couple of days

and clearly

its the best Wu album

RZA was on fire

on that shyt

as was all the MC's

Monkdude
04-02-2008, 08:15 PM
that original article was an april fools joke

a97jones
04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
that original article was an april fools joke

Ill believe it May 27th

JerseyIronman
04-02-2008, 08:36 PM
is this the same article someone posted yesterady which was an april fools joke?

can we get a confirmation?

i dont wanna bother reading this shit unless its legit

MAYOR QUIMBY
04-02-2008, 09:51 PM
This is utter balderdash!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
04-02-2008, 10:00 PM
is this the same article someone posted yesterady which was an april fools joke?

can we get a confirmation?

i dont wanna bother reading this shit unless its legit

BASICALLY CAN RAE OR RZA CONFIRM THIS BUT I WILL HAVE A FEELING IT WILL FLOP REGARDLESS OF WHAT LABEL DUE TO LABELS NOT WANTING TO PROMOTE UNLESS ITS A TOP 50 RECORD

conrad
04-02-2008, 11:27 PM
lol...april fools....

whatever...

Rae+RZA= Ice cream
Rae+ today's producers= Ice cream pt 2

Jammin
04-02-2008, 11:28 PM
april fool

diggy
04-02-2008, 11:34 PM
It's way overdue.

Jin10304
04-03-2008, 12:30 AM
yes this was actually an April fools joke, originally posted on the SOHH boards on April 1st

undergrounddigga
04-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Rae+RZA= Ice cream
Rae+ today's producers= Ice cream pt 2

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
word

Erquel
04-03-2008, 12:43 AM
You Crazy Muthafuckaz Got Me Scared For A Second There

6˛ Chambaz
04-03-2008, 01:19 AM
RZA's tracks cut out from OB4CL2 ???? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jeru
04-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Ow no sir that's gobbleijuke

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00354/F_200708_August30ed_354109a.jpg

Crackspace
04-03-2008, 02:09 AM
may 27th of 2027

BIG D O
04-03-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm not even anticipating this shit no more and my expectations are really low now.....he over here about to cut Rza off the project over some bullshit.....man where the fuck is that Tru master album??

deeznutz1981
04-03-2008, 07:53 AM
about 2 years ago I was hyped and now I could care less what the release date it.

blaksteez
04-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeh raes taken to fucking long,lets be honest,the new hip hop crowd coming up dont really give a fuk about wu,even if he come with new producers,but ok this might be a fake article amd i hope oit is and he sticks to some rza tracks cos at the end of the day hes gota rememebr his core audience arte the ones thts gona buy his album,not those cats tht are into soulja boy n all that,so he beed to just release it soon,cos we are ready,we been ready for so long its getting boring waiting and the hype he talking about might not match up to whatait actaully will be,thats the diffrence when wu 1st came out they released shit like a surprise attack,we didnt knw wat to expect,this time around we still dont but at same time ,its a diffreent time and weve kinda knw wat they have to offer.so i hope itl be a nice cookery book of rhymes and beats hope he gets good promo to put out for this one..peace!

RzaRectum
04-03-2008, 03:32 PM
SMH.. One of many promised albums that will never see the light of day. Add that one to the cure....

THE W
04-03-2008, 03:44 PM
dan cooley says the threadstarter is a fool.

The Hound
04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
cuban linkx 2 is like religion ... all well and good to think about but realists know it doesnt exist