PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 (Vote Here)

Complex
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Round 3

Contestants;

Don Johnson- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6410931
Technician- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6411155
Schizo-Manic- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=624307&content=songinfo&songID=6411968
Slang Apostle- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6413856
Clymax- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6416659
Lizard King- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6416924
Infinity tha God- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=653659&content=songinfo&songID=6419032
Ozmosis- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=676715&songID=6421222
Complex- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6423231
MF Herbs- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6423296
Famicom- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6424890

No Voting for ya self...

Voting will end April 8

(poll coming soon)

Lizard King
04-03-2008, 11:35 AM
i'll try to be very critic

don johnson - the same thing that i will say for many other. just a bunch of chopped samples thrown together. the beat is just too chaotic...i don't see an mc spiting on this. sometimes the hi hats go totally off beat. to many sounds thrown together

technician - this is what i call a real work with samples. musically speaking this instrumental is great put together. i like also the overall sound. really good beat. and proof you don't have to put 100 sounds and chopped samples to sound good. nice vibe

schizo-maniac - another beat that just doesn't sound like hip hop at all. sound thrown together wich create no atmosphere

slang apostle - maybe the best beat. this guy really knows how to work with samples. i love the drums too. they fit the beat so well. the beat change is also impressive. i really like all the details you put in this beat.

clymax - nice cypress hill style. i like this shit. nothing to comment to much. you could have worked more on your drums g

infinity da god - sorry..but it's boring. maybe good for as a movie soundtrack. i don't like this. the sound levels are annoying too

ozmosis - good work. very different from the others. it's just not my style. but i appreciate your beat

complex - a bit better than as for don and schizo maniac. you better be more careful how you cut the samples cuz you have a lot of clicks and unpleasent noises. and i suggest a better mastering of the track.

mf herbs - chaotic beat. it doesn't express anything. same as don and schizo. sorry but that's the truth. i don't think an mc would spit over this.

famicom - ok beat. i think you actually used very little from the samples. it's more drums than sampling. i know you wanted to make a grimey beat...but you have worsen the sound quality too much

so..only 3 beats that i really find in top 3
technician, slang apostle and ozmosis. clymax has a nice one too

theking has spoken...and now..start hating bitches..come and blame me for what i said you kids

i vote for technician. very good yo!
peace

MF Herbs
04-03-2008, 11:43 AM
^^^ Damn you aint even worth it.. Kids lol.. You one of them cats that log out but keep refreshing the page to read comments.. I thought the GOD would come harder.. shhhhhh..

100pr00f
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
i liked complex beat alil more then u did

to me the the battle was between tec and slang

but as overall i feel the tec has the better hand as i can see mc's spitting on it

fami makes dope beats no doubt bout this...but for this round i feel it was too lo-fi ..like the quilty was weakend from it

what i would like to hear is that lo fi in hight quilty sound
i did like the change up near the end

as said
my vote go's technichian

i think this might be my first vote for my man
not that i never liked his stuff just alot of times some come hard as fuck hahaha
peace

Lizard King
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM

but as overall i feel the tec has the better hand as i can see mc's spitting on it

fami makes dope beats no doubt bout this...but for this round i feel it was too lo-fi ..like the quilty was weakend from it

as said
my vote go's technichian

not that i never liked his stuff just alot of times some come hard as fuck hahaha
peace
finally someone with nice argumentation and decent opinion. respect man!

Masta Chilla
04-03-2008, 11:51 AM
yo lizard i respect your opinion but chaotic beats haven't to be bad... in my opinion mf herbs' and famicoms beats were betta then yours but dat depends on ya musical taste... anyway thanks 4 da feedback

Lizard King
04-03-2008, 11:56 AM
we're doing hip hop right? not soundtracks and experimental music. i guess my beat raises an mc 10 times than those beats

INF
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
how can u vote with no poll?

Masta Chilla
04-03-2008, 12:02 PM
how can u vote with no poll?

(poll coming soon)

nuff said

INF
04-03-2008, 12:04 PM
nuff said

no........}:T

Masta Chilla
04-03-2008, 12:07 PM
}:T

ouch stop dat you hurt me... ;(

(i'm drunk so don't mind...)

INF
04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
ouch stop dat you hurt me... ;(

(i'm drunk so don't mind...)

nuff said

Masta Chilla
04-03-2008, 12:10 PM
nuff said

yeah... um... shall we w8 togetha till da poll is comin? (no homo)

INF
04-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm voting for MFHerbs so......no.

*logs off to refresh page over and over*

Masta Chilla
04-03-2008, 12:17 PM
what has this to do with? i don't know who i should vote for... it's about tech, herbs and slang... i think i vote for slang...

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Where is the damn poll?

Slang_Apostle
04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I didn't actully make the sign ups so...Thanks, Plex for squeezin me in. I guess I'm fillin in for Vamps!! PEACE!!!!

04-03-2008, 02:19 PM

as said
my vote go's technichian

peace

Thanks brother..Glad you are feelin it..

Thanks to Lizard too..

Complex
04-03-2008, 03:02 PM
the mods are the only ones that can make the poll...

i already pm'd pro eng so the poll should be up soon...

INF
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I thought that the poll option is available to everyone that can make threads.

Complex
04-03-2008, 03:09 PM
ive never been able to make a poll option in the audio section...

no idea why...

INF
04-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow , ur right. They shoulda fixed that way back. They know you and Zero be runnin these battles.

Prolifical ENG
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
polls up. I think Tomb tried to fix the poll making option. I think there is oging to be a major update in the summer that will fix that bug.

Lizard King
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
haha..the niggaz already started the dickrider votes :))))

12weLvE
04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
haha..the niggaz already started the dickrider votes :))))

Talking about Dickriding...I find it interesting that Slim T and RZArecuctum never come around the audio booth...now they come and they vote for you...not saying that they are dickriders, but there is something fishy about that.

My vote went to Infinity. Complex, Slang and Tech also came through nice.

Ozmosis
04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
i voted for slang apostle, tech and clymax's beats were dope as well

GameOfDeath
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Don - This is interesting. I like the flute but the rhythm is off. Not too cohesive. But the drums are coo actually the kick could be deeper and the peaks are high when you have everything running together.

Tech - Intro is cool. Feelin the rhythm here a lot more. Kick is cool. I think there could be a deep bassline. Why doesn't anyone take the time to rock the bass.

Schizo - Too much chop here. The empty spaces aren't working for me. Like the bass and the filter and flute.

Slang - Simple intro works. Drums got the thump as usual. Feelin the bass, feelin the transitions. Really cohesive. I actually like the second sequence better than the first.

ClyMax - Feelin the sound of the filter/equpment you're using but there isn't a lot of room on the beat. I think it sounds too crowded.

Lizard King - Kung Fu intro on point, beat sounds like an intro that doesn't end. But its a cool sequence actually the sequence is pretty good sounds like something is missing.

Inf - Actually if you had fixed the pan and I could listen to this without being pissed off this woulda won. I'm not feelin all the static on the kick either. But the bassline you threw in was ill.

Oz - More craziness. You always come out of left field. Hardest drums I heard in a minute. Like some old school beat when the horns kick in. Then you spin it backward and the quick hit that drops. And another change. I'm feelin how you freaked this. Definitely on the 2nd listen.

Plex - This is hardcore, drums, sample, bass, everything is on point. I wish you would've put that really low horn hit somewhere in the main sequence. The stutters are sick you did this on the 555?

Herbs - Damn what's this intro. Hahaha. Is this 3/4 time? Crazy outer space rhythm. Its bangin but what is it?

Famicom - I'm feelin the beat. I just think you are better with a different kind of sample. Laid back style bangin in Lo Fi as usual though. But this is lightweight beat for you.

For me its a toss up between Plex and Oz. I really want to vote for Oz cause you constantly bring creative beats to the table and that 3rd sequence is the hardest but this round after a third listen I am feelin Plex the most.

I think the samples have been weak all 3 rounds though I haven't heard anything that I would use to make a beat and the beats from the battles kinda show this they are all weaker than what everyone is capable of. Someone bring the heat next round.

D Loc
04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
All were good. Complex, slang apostle n famicom bets got my attention had to go with slang a great producer

D Loc
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Talking about Dickriding...I find it interesting that Slim T and RZArecuctum never come around the audio booth...now they come and they vote for you...not saying that they are dickriders, but there is something fishy about that.

yea i liked infinity's beat too.
i noticed dat too. lizard dont go getting ure friends to vote for u let the beats speak for themselves

04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Ozmosis for me..

His drums are special in this one..J Dilla type shit..1...

Edgar Erebus
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM

What up, hamster penis, you jealous? Once after a while I come here to actually add up here and I voted for best beat.

MF Herbs
04-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Herbs - Damn what's this intro. Hahaha. Is this 3/4 time? Crazy outer space rhythm. Its bangin but what is it?

Man the vocals in my joint are from GaoRangers.. My japaneses fam know all about that lol.. Thats also where the sample came from.. You know I'm all about soul music but I wanted to throw in something different..

LOL@ the random votes from random cats.. These battles are turning a little too high school for me..

Longbongcilvaringz
04-03-2008, 10:26 PM
contrary to a lot of people, i really liked Infinity's beat, i dig what he did with the sample.

the atmosphere of the track is on point.

altogether though, as a hip hop beat Lizard's comes together better as a whole, and is a tighter piece.

12weLvE
04-03-2008, 10:29 PM
What up, hamster penis, you jealous? Once after a while I come here to actually add up here and I voted for best beat.

Hamster penis haha nice one... Jealous of what?? You here...when?? You had that one beat you did and you posted it on the hip hop shop. No need to come at me like that... I dint call you a dickrider...I just said that it was suspicious...now its even more suspicious... A vote from Illstatiq now known as PAT BATEMAN??? Hes cool peeps...quality poster.... but since when does he even come through the adudio booth...let alone the beat battle sec?? I am not doubting him feeling the track because it wasnt bad at all, but dont beg people for votes... The one time where there were a lot of random posters voting was when I requested a public announcement for battle 1...other than that this is just too random. Lizard stop dickriding dudes from the Gen-chat forum to give you some votes.

INF
04-03-2008, 11:55 PM
yo , fuck tha bullshit with all that chit chat that aint about art.

I'm glad that at least a few of ya'll dug my beat. I didnt get a lot of time to work on it.
I only wish I knew how to EQ it so that it didnt piss anybody off. I dont get what exactly was hard to listen to except the intro when I let the sample run by itself. Maybe that was crackly or whatever. THe Drums I used had a vinyl hiss on them already so...

I wanted to add in another chop but never got to it. I think slang apostle or somebody else did they beat the way I wanted to do mine but yeah , thanks for listening.

I voted Herbs cuz it was a solid beat all the way through.

Everybody here was cool to listen to except that beat by Doc Johnson cuz them high hats from the sample didnt match his drums.

Also , I was kinda thrown off by Famicom. Shit was weird but I gots mass respect for dude so its whatever.

Masta Chilla
04-04-2008, 04:16 AM
umm... when i made the beat the hi-hats fitted... don't know what went wrong... but i had only an hour time to make the beat...

anyway, at least i did something... Devamps, look i'm still alive lol

Edgar Erebus
04-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Hamster penis haha nice one... Jealous of what?? You here...when?? You had that one beat you did and you posted it on the hip hop shop.

Let's make something clear: I made two more beats since IN Booth. Plus now I got a dozen more, but I have something in mind and I decided to keep 'em by myself by now.

And since when I'm Gen Chat poster? Most of my shit in Hip Hop Shop.

GameOfDeath
04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm glad that at least a few of ya'll dug my beat. I didnt get a lot of time to work on it. I only wish I knew how to EQ it so that it didnt piss anybody off.

Is it me or is it panned to the right? That's the only thing I was talking about if you were referring to my comment. Not the mix, mix is cool the beat is actually in the top 3 no question but technical stuff screwed it. I just listened again the sample and everything except some of the bass is definitely in the right channel only.

INF
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Is it me or is it panned to the right? That's the only thing I was talking about if you were referring to my comment. Not the mix, mix is cool the beat is actually in the top 3 no question but technical stuff screwed it. I just listened again the sample and everything except some of the bass is definitely in the right channel only.

Okay , now I know what you mean with the bass. I did in fact pull that bass line that I made to the right. Not all the way but enough.

I thought about if it would effect the mix but I couldnt tell too much. I never done that to a bassline before. I thought it would hum harder.:=)

12weLvE
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
LMAO another vote for LIZARD KING??? Get the fuck out of here. It doesnt suprise me that is another Gen Chat head. Bengogo or something like that.

Check this dudes recent post

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/search.php?searchid=735540

All in the gen chat and Lizard King is all over the gen chat... More connects I see. You bitch ass...you should get DQ'd for dickriding.

MF Herbs
04-04-2008, 06:29 PM
LMAO another vote for LIZARD KING??? Get the fuck out of here. It doesnt suprise me that is another Gen Chat head. Bengogo or something like that.

Check this dudes recent post

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/search.php?searchid=735540

All in the gen chat and Lizard King is all over the gen chat... More connects I see. You bitch ass...you should get DQ'd for dickriding.

^^^^ Some shameful shit.. :sighs: ehh..

Slang_Apostle
04-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I aint the one to start shit and I usually keep to myself but....Lizard King....your voters are suspect. I've never seen any of those cats in the Audio Booth since I've been comin in here and it's goin on 3 or 4 years for me. I just think that's kind of odd. I do appreciate the critique that you gave me but still.....somethin don't smell right. And if you recruitin voters, thats some foul shit. Nuff Said!

Guarded By Martyrs
04-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Huh^
What difference does that make ????
I have a good ear for beats and Hip-Hop in general I think...
Just because I never came in here before don't mean I can't vote.

I voted for the Lizard King...
I'm feeling that beat man !!!!!!!!!!!

Longbongcilvaringz
04-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Amusing.

Odd how when ive voted in these threads in the past, even though i dont regularly post in this forum, it hasnt been a problem.

Also odd how when stuff like this has been advertised in gen chat by various members here it hasnt been a problem.

Oh well, maybe my votes for all battles should be stripped, i think i voted for OZ and MF Herbs a few times.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Hamster penis haha nice one... Jealous of what?? You here...when?? You had that one beat you did and you posted it on the hip hop shop. No need to come at me like that... I dint call you a dickrider...I just said that it was suspicious...now its even more suspicious... A vote from Illstatiq now known as PAT BATEMAN??? Hes cool peeps...quality poster.... but since when does he even come through the adudio booth...let alone the beat battle sec?? I am not doubting him feeling the track because it wasnt bad at all, but dont beg people for votes... The one time where there were a lot of random posters voting was when I requested a public announcement for battle 1...other than that this is just too random. Lizard stop dickriding dudes from the Gen-chat forum to give you some votes.

as i just said, ive voted in these battles a number of times before...

no i dont make beats, and i dont post much in this forum, but this has never been a problem before.

mostly i voted because people said the battles needed more votes, or because i was actually interesting in keeping this forum active because in the past it was fucking inactive.

im a fan of music in general, and ive felt over the years listening to the mixtapes and various beats and rhymes that a lot of guys on here have talent.

i have no obligation to post here, and if its not wanted i wont, i just think its fucking stupid that this is the case all of a sudden because i happened to vote for the same dude as some other guys.

whatever, ill listen to the guys i like and not vote at, doesnt make a difference to me.

Prolifical ENG
04-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Its no big secret who Lizard King really is....lol.

04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

Erap
04-06-2008, 02:29 PM
voted for lizard king dope beat ...clymax ur drumz were banging peace.

12weLvE
04-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Its no big secret who Lizard King really is....lol.

OH shit can Lizard King be Pablo Baluba?? OH SHIT!!!!!

MF Herbs
04-06-2008, 03:04 PM

^^ dont care who he is.. aint fuckin with me with them drums..

Sean
04-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I vote Technician

04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
^^ Thnx brutha..

cap
04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
techician,easy!

04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
:mmmyah:

D Loc
04-07-2008, 11:35 PM

yeah it is him i knew it from the day king lizard showed up to this joint

04-08-2008, 02:06 AM
TECH WINS..

FATALITY..:dududu:
http://blogs.citypages.com/ctg/images/mk2_fatality.png

begongo
04-08-2008, 07:55 AM
congrats Tech!

Lizard King
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Talking about Dickriding...I find it interesting that Slim T and RZArecuctum never come around the audio booth...now they come and they vote for you...

I find it interesting how none of you voted for my beat...is it that bad? or is it you just haters because my macho attitude in here and that i'm new?
if i wanted to call the gen chat to vote i'd probably had much more votes than 6, right?

Lets put it this way you arent even on my top 5 picks for winner this round.

ok..so my beat is trash

Lizard King = PabloBaluba

Not 100% on this ...

Drops a beat that actually sounds pretty good, without no one ever hearing his work before. ...

HAHA I got you Pablo.

than suddenly if i'm this Pablo...my beat is "pretty good". so please decide on which side you are g

i think the proof is enough to show that some of you are not quite objective when judging a beat. i'm not reffering only to you my nigga...

anyway...thanks for helping me exposing some of the mentallity in here. but you're still young...you'll be forgiven. you can improve! :b

and btw...you better think twice before calling me pablo ;)

congrats technician..at least the decision of the great king was the right one. proof that i'm the KING!
ps-i won't answer to any other accusations, insults etc on this subject

04-08-2008, 01:09 PM
If you are Pablo respect cause you are a bro and a good beatmaker..

04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
congrats Tech!

Thanks bro..:thumbup:

04-12-2008, 03:05 AM
Lets start round 4..I will choose sample..Complex iz you here?

INF
04-12-2008, 11:38 PM
wow....I just listened to what I made on headphones.... I shoulda checked it on them before I EQ'd it and posted. I wouldnt have won but still. When trying to pull the bassline to the sub , I did something that pulled the track to the right.

I quit using headphones a year ago cuz I was working with them only and I would fuck off the sound for when the tracks were played over speakers. You live and learn I guess.

wow.

Complex
04-13-2008, 04:56 PM
aight tech hit me up with a sample and we shall continue....

04-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Here is the sample..Greek classic weed song..

http://www.zshare.net/audio/105979273a8f21b1 (http://www.zshare.net/audio/105979273a8f21b1)