PDA

View Full Version : wucorp financial

DUMBO
04-04-2008, 08:20 AM
this is the place to discuss all things related to financial investmests as well as to discuss investment issues related to broader economic trends and issues.

Here are some key issues of the day:

Fluctuating gold prices: some say it might make $1,500 (I doubt it, seems overvalued already, since the US dollar is undervalued)
Mutual funds are wack
Extremely volatile markets
GICs and secure investments are getting better with higher interest rates??? Depends on monetary policy of US feds....
What will be the final fallout of the housing crisis in the US: some rather conservative economists are alluding to the 1930s!!!
Looks like manufacturing and retail sectors are in for a big hit (already in the US and soon enough with their trading partners)
All things considered:

Where do you invest your money during recessionary periods?

(mods, might as well sticky this shit now, cuz its on).

begongo
04-04-2008, 08:22 AM
China is really the place to be right now

SL33
04-04-2008, 08:52 AM
What will be the final fallout of the housing crisis in the US: some rather conservative economists are alluding to the 1930s!!!

^^^^ finally one serious thread.

well, american eco crisis will expand in one new modern way.
i don't think that 'way' will be similar to anything that happened in '30, cuz of totally different circumstances which are present today, + government intervention plays big role in every country's eco(and that wasn't case in '30).
-but some euro countries don't give a fuck bout dollar, cause dollar depends on oil, and oil prices are exploding (read r.u.s.s.i.a.).
-(even) hugo chavez will leave dollar out of his oil transactions.
-american economy depends on war, and they're loosing it in Iraq.
-all american ''''enemies''' and rivals are doing big: china, russia and even india (don't laugh, im' serious)

this should be sticky, people should be aware of everything that happens in world.

we need one geo-political/economy sticky thread.

SL33
04-04-2008, 09:01 AM
great thread, once again. and do not move this in KTL.

DUMBO
04-04-2008, 09:27 AM
China would seem good, but much of their growth is contingent on consumer exports which will suffer during a recession. However, the fact that they make cheap goods might give them strength as people tighten their belts.

Hard one to call.

SG
04-04-2008, 01:16 PM
All things considered:

Where do you invest your money during recessionary periods?

sex and drugs

TSA
04-04-2008, 02:13 PM
they tried increasing the price of tropicanas to like 1.39, then i stopped buying them cause it was inconvient, then they brought it back to 1.00

they haven't brought little debbies down to original prices though, the mini doughnuts are the only thing keeping them in the game cause it stayed at .50, so that's all i get.

it's really all ya need.

RzaRectum
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
There are complicated life insurance plans that are associated(linked) to investing that provide a return
This is financial suicide. It sounds like you're referring to some variation or other combination of Variable, whole, & universal LIFE INSURANCE. These plans are designed to make these type of life insurance policies appear to have more value as justification to pay the higher premiums. The higher premiums in this policy mostly go to the insurance agent as commissions and the value invested in the plan takes YEARS before it starts to build anything of real value (since you first pay for the commissions).

Another stratagem used to make these policies more exciting is the fact that you can borrow against the policy if you were to fall on hard times. But in its essence, you borrow your OWN money invested. When you pay it back, you have to pay it back with interest. WITH INTEREST. INTEREST ON YOUR OWN MONEY.

The best way to go is to buy TERM life insurance. INVEST the rest.
With term life, you pay the premiums which are low. The commissions are low (which is why a sales person won't offer it). And the money left over to invest is at an all time maximum when you compare against going with the first policy mentioned.

In this recession you can go with stocks of good companies that are currently low.. Maybe.. stocks of public companies that are connected to Home Improvement? hmm? Good companies will go back up when the market starts booming again.. In the mean time it is wise to buy as much as you can when the stocks are low. Doing this will poise you for success when the stocks start to soar again.

So lets say, you put in 1,000 of your money into stocks currently trading at $25 a share. You will have 40 shares of stock for The X company. Assuming the market went up later that year (lets say 2 years) went up to $40. You now have $1600 worth of stock that you didn't have to work for.

Imagine doing that with $5,000.. 5k at $25/share. You will have 200 shares to start with. Same scenario. 2 years later the stock value is $40. Your total portfolio is now worth $8,000.

And many companies offer employee stock to their workers. Some even MATCH your contributions to the stock. So if you were to put 5% (of your normal paychecks) into employee stock, the company will then match 100% of that money. That means you are getting FREE STOCK - or put in another way.. you are getting twice the stock for the normal value of just one share. 2 for 1 is a great value.

But don't stop at 5%. According to many financial analysts, you will need to save/invest 10% or more of your salaried income in order to retire later in life.. Retire, meaning - NOT WORK when you're too old. Too many of you are already seeing the beginning of the end. Elderly people working when they should be enjoying their new grand children and spending time with their grown children (now parents themselves).

Then there's 401k and Property Investments:

Buying and selling houses (Flipping)
Buying houses and RENTING THEM OUT.
It doesn't stop here.. If you dig in real estate, the list just grows.And that is just the beginning. There are so many different ways to make a buck that are legal. And one of those ways is starting a business.

Nas Says sleep is the cousin of death.

This simple book will spell out the lessons you need and put it all in perspective.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X4KM7PY9L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/Richest-Man-Babylon-George-Clason/dp/0451205367/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207335988&sr=8-1)

SG
04-04-2008, 04:14 PM
This is financial suicide. It sounds like you're referring to some variation or other combination of Variable, whole, & universal LIFE INSURANCE. These plans are designed to make these type of life insurance policies appear to have more value as justification to pay the higher premiums. The higher premiums in this policy mostly go to the insurance agent as commissions and the value invested in the plan takes YEARS before it starts to build anything of real value (since you first pay for the commissions).

Another stratagem used to make these policies more exciting is the fact that you can borrow against the policy if you were to fall on hard times. But in its essence, you borrow your OWN money invested. When you pay it back, you have to pay it back with interest. WITH INTEREST. INTEREST ON YOUR OWN MONEY.

The best way to go is to buy TERM life insurance. INVEST the rest.
With term life, you pay the premiums which are low. The commissions are low (which is why a sales person won't offer it). And the money left over to invest is at an all time maximum when you compare against going with the first policy mentioned.

In this recession you can go with stocks of good companies that are currently low.. Maybe.. stocks of public companies that are connected to Home Improvement? hmm? Good companies will go back up when the market starts booming again.. In the mean time it is wise to buy as much as you can when the stocks are low. Doing this will poise you for success when the stocks start to soar again.

So lets say, you put in 1,000 of your money into stocks currently trading at $25 a share. You will have 40 shares of stock for The X company. Assuming the market went up later that year (lets say 2 years) went up to $40. You now have $1600 worth of stock that you didn't have to work for.

Imagine doing that with $5,000.. 5k at $25/share. You will have 200 shares to start with. Same scenario. 2 years later the stock value is $40. Your total portfolio is now worth $8,000.

And many companies offer employee stock to their workers. Some even MATCH your contributions to the stock. So if you were to put 5% (of your normal paychecks) into employee stock, the company will then match 100% of that money. That means you are getting FREE STOCK - or put in another way.. you are getting twice the stock for the normal value of just one share. 2 for 1 is a great value.

But don't stop at 5%. According to many financial analysts, you will need to save/invest 10% or more of your salaried income in order to retire later in life.. Retire, meaning - NOT WORK when you're too old. Too many of you are already seeing the beginning of the end. Elderly people working when they should be enjoying their new grand children and spending time with their grown children (now parents themselves).

Then there's 401k and Property Investments:

Buying and selling houses (Flipping)
Buying houses and RENTING THEM OUT.
It doesn't stop here.. If you dig in real estate, the list just grows.And that is just the beginning. There are so many different ways to make a buck that are legal. And one of those ways is starting a business.

Nas Says sleep is the cousin of death.

This simple book will spell out the lessons you need and put it all in perspective.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X4KM7PY9L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/Richest-Man-Babylon-George-Clason/dp/0451205367/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1207335988&sr=8-1)

Oh I got take a shit....

RzaRectum
04-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Term life will go up as you age, but it is still cheaper than any other type of life insurance in the long haul.
Life Insurance is not designed to be an investment you ever get a return on.

The money left over after paying the premiums each month can be used to leverage investments with noticably better returns than if you utilized the so-called life insurance that builds cash value.

Life Insurance is designed to protect your family from the impact of losing its most important bread winners. To say that the beneficiary is the only person smiling is somewhat of a shallow way of looking at this scenario.

To be in a family means that losing any member is devastating to everyone emotionally as well as financially. The money is of small consolation when the person they just lost is you.

An example of this concerns a very good friend of mine who died in Iraq. The last time he spoke to his wife was earlier that day to say happy birthday to her and I love you. She was pregnant with twins. I never met his wife personally, but I heard of how devastated she was over the incident. I was told through a confidant that she would give up all the money if she could just have him back.

In this scenario she didn't work at all. So that means zero income and three mouths to feed. You don't have to be a scholar to see the math adding up on that situation.

Return on Investment (ROI) is the way to go.

SG
04-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Term life will go up as you age, but it is still cheaper than any other type of life insurance in the long haul.
Life Insurance is not designed to be an investment you ever get a return on.

The money left over after paying the premiums each month can be used to leverage investments with noticably better returns than if you utilized the so-called life insurance that builds cash value.

Life Insurance is designed to protect your family from the impact of losing its most important bread winners. To say that the beneficiary is the only person smiling is somewhat of a shallow way of looking at this scenario.

To be in a family means that losing any member is devastating to everyone emotionally as well as financially. The money is of small consolation when the person they just lost is you.

An example of this concerns a very good friend of mine who died in Iraq. The last time he spoke to his wife was earlier that day to say happy birthday to her and I love you. She was pregnant with twins. I never met his wife personally, but I heard of how devastated she was over the incident. I was told through a confidant that she would give up all the money if she could just have him back.

In this scenario she didn't work at all. So that means zero income and three mouths to feed. You don't have to be a scholar to see the math adding up on that situation.

Return on Investment (ROI) is the way to go.

I'm back....keep explaining

Longbongcilvaringz
04-05-2008, 04:34 AM
Do you Americans feel that the deregulation of banking at the hands of the reserve bank under greenspan, during the Clinton administration has contributed to any degree to the current situation?

Do you feel that the lack of division between Investment and Corporate banking as a result of this deregulation has contributed to the current situation to any significant degree?

Do you believe the US economy is actually in recession?

If not do you believe it will slump into recession?

GENERAL WISE
04-05-2008, 06:30 AM
this "...." kike really needs to stop being so lame.

RzaRectum
04-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I will say that I have a problem with not properly backing up the nations money with gold. I recall watching somewhat of a documentary on the federal reserve "inside the mightiest bank" where my jaw 8O'd at one of the voices stating American currency is NOT backed by precious metal or any other physical item/substance; it is merely supported and accepted on the basis of faith in our national government

The F.R. has way too much power as it is printing money (seemingly without limit), causing inflation to rise and the value of our currency to drop. You will notice that many of your raises are not going up at the rate of inflation.

Slowly you are becoming less and less affluent. People losing their houses at the hands of adjustable rate mortages is just one milestone of the financial terror to sweep the nation if people don't wake up and start making smarter decisions.

I don't feel that we are in a recession that would damage America so to speak. But let us look at recession for a moment. What is recession?

Recession is a significant decline in general economic activity extending over a period of time.

How does that affect you (the average citizen)? It probably doesn't. Infact many people will keep their jobs and possibly go through one payraise that isn't as good as one would hope for. But prices will fall and consumers don't buy as many products (especially high-priced items).

And it is true that some people lose their jobs as businesses begin to fail, but that will vary depending on the size of the company, length of said recession, and how much financial impact the company can sustain.

In my case, perhaps I can reason myself into believing there is a recession. But why? The sales at the company who pays me have not slumped, I haven't been spending, and currently we are at a time when it is a STEAL to invest. Recessions can be an opportunity to make fortunes if you know what to look for.

I understand that other people are affected by this recession (such as real estate agents), but even brokers have a chance to make money through refinancing mortgages of the people who's rates have shot through the roof.

I don't know anything about regulation vs deregulation of banks at this time. I do know that the American people need to have their eyes open and brains in gear.

When a government is dependent for money upon the bankers, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes, financiers are without patriotism and without decency.

The banks can and do create money. And they who control the credit of the nation direct the policy of governments and hold in the hollow of their hands the destiny of the people.

In 1791, Thomas Jefferson said: "To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. If we run into such debts, we (will then) be taxed in our meat and our drink, in our necessities and in our comforts, in our labor and in our amusements. If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people under the pretense of caring for them, they (will) be happy."

In 1816, Thomas Jefferson wrote in a letter to John Tyler: "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, and then by deflation, the banks and the corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their father's conquered. I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

DUMBO
04-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Do you Americans feel that the deregulation of banking at the hands of the reserve bank under greenspan, during the Clinton administration has contributed to any degree to the current situation?

Do you feel that the lack of division between Investment and Corporate banking as a result of this deregulation has contributed to the current situation to any significant degree?

Do you believe the US economy is actually in recession?

If not do you believe it will slump into recession?

I think a recession is certain. The question now is how deep and how many sectors are hit hard.

I think deregulation is definitely at the root of this problem. That, and banks and other investors with too much money on their hands and no good investment opportunities overseas. the poor were seen as a great opportunity to lend at high(er) rates, but this has of course backfired.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-06-2008, 12:38 AM
The system works well in times of prosperity.

Unfortunately slight fluctuation (or large, as is currently being seen) in interest rates and the like effect not only investments sectors, but the entire economy to a large extent.

Solutions?

Regulation?

Or should the market be allowed to self regulate, as recessions like the current one should in theory eradicate inefficient producers and corporations (as has already been seen several major banks)