PDA

View Full Version : How did you first find WuCorp and what was your first impression?

begongo
04-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Personally I was in my wu tang absorbtion period (no homo) where I would gather every info or material I could get from the wu and uncommercial rap in general. I thought it was nice cuz there were tour dates posted on the main page and shit.

The forum was crazy to me cuz in the Wu and HH sections people were posting about a lot of shit that I never heard about like solo albums of the generals or such and seemed to be talking about things they were already talking about for their whole life. Gen Chat seemed so wild cuz I remember some girl posted pics that everyone said she was a tranny, a guy that was proud to be a virgin, etc so it all seemed like a freak show.

Then I remember the crash and there was a while when I kinda forgot about the forum and I really don't know when and how I came back.

bla bla bla bla bla

The Hound
04-07-2008, 11:27 AM
i was looking for a picture of the clan and came across ... the second message board i signed up to ... first was in 02 but i never used it ... theres a massive war with someone from the corpse going on ... i remember he was getting flamed to the death over pictures of him wearing pink ... he was kind of fat ... anyone remember it?? ... then the crash happened :(

STYLE
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
i stumbled on it doing a search on starks. this was in 04. i was mainly a gfx cat, making sigs for people and whatnot.
my name was broadband at the time.
remember any of these cats?
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/STYLEMASTERR/port/collage3.jpg

then the crash

Olive Oil Goombah
04-07-2008, 11:32 AM
I think i was looking for reviews and came across this site, and posted a bit at first than wasn't around sparingly, and this winter started posting alot. Last year sometime i remember reading graveys stories and being hooked for a week on the fat girls story.
then i fell in love and the rest is history

Storm
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Stylemasterr, what year did you sign-up here.

shaolinsword
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I think someone directed me here from the site KZA used to run but I can't remember to tell the truth

Olive Oil Goombah
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Feb. 2007 according to my join date

Olive Oil Goombah
04-07-2008, 11:36 AM
when exactly did the crash happen???

begongo
04-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't really remember ... space and time works differently in relation to the corp lol

The Hound
04-07-2008, 11:38 AM
when exactly did the crash happen???

6 Chambaz
04-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I was actually looking at the "unreleased" section on the wutang-corp homepage, then for a year I would just follow the action on the forum, until I decided to join 3 months ago

The Grandmaster
04-07-2008, 11:45 AM
The Grandmaster didn't found wu-corp, wu-corp found him.

King Tron 1
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Wikipedia... at the bottom it said "Official Wu-Tang Site" when I was searching for a list of Rza's production credits. At first I just went to the Media section and got some of the downloads, but I wanted to know about the Ol' Dirty Bastard Tribute, cuz the shit at the home page was corrupted. I signed up that same day to know what the fuck happened.

Masta Chilla
04-07-2008, 11:58 AM
i was like "lets see if them wu-tangs have a forum... hey cool!"
and my first impression: "i never saw a greater bunch of dumb fucks combined in one forum... i think this'll be funny"

famenchuan
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I was looking for nude pictures of Raekwon eating a cheese burger.

100pr00f
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
threads been done 2 years ago haha

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14785

King Tron 1
04-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Someone Explain this "5 Elements" to me.

Jeru
04-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Don't remember but I stumbled on WTW and saw a link or something and the rest is history...a billion crashes later and I'm still here LOL

100pr00f
04-07-2008, 12:09 PM
lol

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
04-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I was searchin for a Wu place and I just signed up..Next move was the WTC mixtape with Pr00f Pablo etc..

TAURO
04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I just googled wu-tang looking for info and reviews and came across the site. I didn't start posting till about six months later, I just had to drop my 2 cents on some of the topics that was going on at that time. Im like that, I can't help but stick my nose in when hip hop is being discussed.

HANZO
04-07-2008, 12:45 PM
WTW then when dat went down, i immigrated first to the corpse when dat first started. after a small stint their i retired. then with a couple wu releases which intrigued me i thought i return to wu forums. which ended up being the corp.

King Tron 1
04-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Me too, Tauro Da Grim

Da Ryda
04-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I joined when it was called Wu-Tang Dynasty not corp... I was never feeling the corp name. It was the only place for true Wu-heads, other sites (I won't mention no names) were mostly spawned by former posters who either left/banned.

STYLE
04-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Stylemasterr, what year did you sign-up here.
1st time in 04

Prolifical ENG
04-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I was like "this is a nice little community"....at that time maybe 5 people frequented general chat was mostly Check Two and JBlaze and maybe 10 guys were over 1000 posts and only Jay Deni and Mayoya had 2000. Then there was a whole batch of middle cards posting in the wu chamber.

TSA
04-07-2008, 02:22 PM
i was look for pictures of method man's "new album" that was announced in 04, then i thought the site was cool and kept visiting without signing up

then me and white shao were recording, took a break, he signed up, and we just used to same account for a long time, then he stopped posting when the faggot mods denied his BigPoppaSa'MoovSkins account access for no good reason

that "new methodman album" ended up being the prequel.......yuck.

V4D3R
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Back when everything was lovely, Alex, Sunny and LHX got me on here in between Methical.com and Raplevel.com.

We need those days back.

shinobi4227
04-07-2008, 02:43 PM
i First stumbled across this site back in 2003...then the site went off for i don't know what reason....and by the time it came back up, i forgot my password lol. Had to make another one after not posting for like 2 years. Kinda like it tho...was a wu fan and i love the black and yellow colors makes wtc looks so awesome.

TSA
04-07-2008, 02:46 PM
^lol

what wierd is i really didn't start pay attention to the site until 8 diagrams was supposed to come out

i would just read posts and argue when needed, but i never read ppls names and never knew who was saying what

everyone was just "some wucorp faggot"

when 8 diagrams was about to come out is when i started knowing who's who and getting involved

Suga Duga
04-07-2008, 02:56 PM
crazy b/c bronze naz was posting in some threads and explained some of his lyrics...

SKAMPOE
04-07-2008, 03:20 PM
I've Been A Wu Fan Since 93!

Father Time Discovered Wu Corp N Put Me On!

Sean
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
I think I just searched Wu Tang on Google. I just tried it and this is the first site on the list. But I remember at first it kept linking to the crashed site even though this site was up and running at the time.

King Tron 1
04-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I originally only went to the Wu-Strumentals section first. After that I noticed the other sections.

SG
04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I never found Wu Tang....Wu Tang Came to me..Our HipHop culture
I was around before the crash and the name generator...The name truely fits me

I give back by being an active member to the site besides just buying cd's
but story goes much deeper but I will leave it at that.

Sean
04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I started off just looking around for news and album reviews and shit in the Wu Chamber since I was pretty new to Wu Tang and didn't know much about them. Then after a few weeks I signed up and started posting.

HarlemDiplomat
04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I was at WuTang World forum back in the day and when I first got my laptop I was looking for another forum and someone at AHH said Wu-Corp was "official" so I came here.

First thing I thought was...

DAMN!

TSA
04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
oh, and my first impression was it was full of faggots with really shitty biased opinions based on nothing but an obessive sense of loyalty to the "good guy side" of rap

the only persons opinions i would consider were hollow darts and 11th chamber cause they're werent insane

Sicka than aidZ
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
shit we aint never been no faggitz when the corpse wasnt here

it used to be ill cuz alll laughz were one afta anotha on wucorp. Now general is all about threadz about individualz. its backed up thats all. Self promo killiin wucorp thats all. posts are scattered 2-3 pages back in seperate threadz the communication is all jumbled so our funny conversations arent easy to keep up with cuz we gotta click on everything and type 3 times quik to chat. more classic thread subjects the more you'll see all that nonstop laughter flow shit all up in one thread rollin off our tonguez like persian bung and shit nigga

TSA
04-07-2008, 09:16 PM
im not gonna read all that

but for the brave....read the post....

close your eyes and think about what you last ate...

take a deep breath, and close your eyes again for a 5 count......

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/Pimplegionrecords/Corndigital.jpg

Sicka than aidZ
04-07-2008, 11:23 PM
whocarez none of my posts contain anything about you TSA anywayz get a real pic e -droid

Blackula Spectacula
04-07-2008, 11:36 PM
*farts*

Pardon me

The Hound
04-07-2008, 11:59 PM
the greatest thread in the history of any wu tang forum is elephant man's tale about he smoked up with method man and every post after that from him was just hilarious ... every second word was nigga or fuck ... great shit to read when high

what happened to methical ?? i remember at the crash everybody migrated there but that shit was weak imo

The Hound
04-08-2008, 12:01 AM
and the problem with the forum now is too many people try and create classic moments ... classic moments just happen ... ever since the hack WTC hasn't been the same ... check the classic threads section harldy any of that shit is classic

V4D3R
04-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Fuck TSA - you need some rep taken away for shitting in every post you get in. And no I wont reply to your infantile future reply Nigerian.

SG
04-08-2008, 12:23 PM
V4D3R KAHNAWAKE WARRIOR

I see you and you know what I'm talking about....I take my NY hat off and salute you

Jeru
04-08-2008, 12:33 PM
*farts*

Pardon me

}:|:dead::vroar:

DJMethods
04-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I searched the web for wu.

I was probably too drunk or stoned to remember first impressions, cause i dont

04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I was like "this is a nice little community"....at that time maybe 5 people frequented general chat was mostly Check Two and JBlaze and maybe 10 guys were over 1000 posts and only Jay Deni and Mayoya had 2000. Then there was a whole batch of middle cards posting in the wu chamber.

hahah, remember davidtodadude? or something like that/...

hahah, yea, this place was fucking great in 2003. some of the illest lyrics I've ever seen were being dropped in the temple and battlefield.
cats like Nexus, martyr, Psykosus, Jblaze, .... Ronin, bigben of course.
there was an ill battle dude, Rzarector or something.

then I remember when I battled Shyheim, those were the dayz.

04-08-2008, 01:15 PM
oh, yes, and I can't remember how I found this place, but it was called wu dinasty, back in 2002.
my name was oo2 :P ... I was mostly posting in the temple and battlefield.

here's my battle with Shyheim, for the cats that don't know. (he later used these verses on his album, everybody thought that was so cool :) )

Shyheim
it's the kid wit his mug shot on the cover of the source
shy will show you how to rob niggaz but not in a rap song
that's 3 minutes and 45 seconds too long
i behold the pale horse blowin' a new port short
and nobody does it bigga than my bottom up niggaz
so much coke on the street i put pepsi outta business
shove my metal in ya mouth like braces but i'm no dentist
hip hop fans that listen don't want me to finish this missive
i'm religious so i'm a pray for this nigga like allah please forgive him for testin shyheim cause he does not know that
i am a profit and a pro wit them tools cause i uses my logic
im every where so keep ya head up like a pac hit
nigga kill me or i'm a kill you nigga fuck it.

oo2

(fuck it, I'm not posting my verse, I'm too ashamed :) I think it's weak now)

Shyheim
i'm from the island that's hotta than the caribean
in s.i. we columbian kneck tie law abidin citizen
9 m m in the denim is the minimum
crack rocks bigga than m&m whiter than m&m
thousands i quintroople them like the olympic sign
red top yellow tops green tops all dimes
black tops blue tops those go 2 for 5
get ya money the way you get it don't scrootinize mines
nigga fuck you and these rhymes i'm on the grind to get rich
and die tryin'
i done spent too much time around niggaz lyin
like you had bricks in new york a bad bitch in new york
big chain icy cross flossy porche in new york
see you when i cr we'll see who's boss in new york

oo2: peace Shyheim

Shyheim: you got some shit kid keep it up and practice that's the key
peace

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
04-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I was trying to find out when 8 diagrams was going to come out, and when you google "wu-tang" this is the first thing that comes up.

My first impression was that I had never before seen such a collection of nerds, retards, and racists. That is also my current impression, but at the same time, its pretty funny and it kills time at work.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I think I used to download with Kazza, and there was this mp3-track that had the Wutangcorp tag. Then I lost my internet connections, got it back in a year and I waited until March 2007 to register. I know, a long-ass-time. I found the site to be one of the funniest on the internet, and now it's the only English forum I frequently visit.

TAURO
04-08-2008, 05:30 PM
My first impression was that I had never before seen such a collection of nerds, retards, and racists. That is also my current impression

yep.

Sicka than aidZ
04-08-2008, 05:37 PM
oh, yes, and I can't remember how I found this place, but it was called wu dinasty, back in 2002.

here's my battle with Shyheim, for the cats that don't know. (he later used these verses on his album, everybody thought that was so cool :) )

Shyheim
i'm religious so i'm a pray for this nigga like allah please forgive him for testin shyheim cause he does not know that

oo2

Shyheim
and die tryin'

peaceMad propz to you 002 too. U probably one of the only cats hurr who can stay that they tried goin toe to toe with a dude from wu in the battlefield. i aint the only one who remembers what made this board legendary beyond compare

Soul Controller
04-08-2008, 06:47 PM
back on wu dynasty..
but i found that coz i did a search for w00t !!

i dunno why i just like that word..
and i found w00t.nl

which was wu tang dynasty lolz

Sicka than aidZ
04-08-2008, 10:09 PM
LMAO I AINT SEEN SOUL TROLL SINCE P TONE HIT. LONG TIME FAM U SHOULD BE A VATICAN, YOU ONE OF THE FEW WHO'S STILL AROUND FROM WAY BACK. NOT MANY OF THOSE U DESERVE PROMOTION FOR THIS ONE POST IN 5 YEARS lmao IM JOKIN GLAD TO SEE U, PEACE

Soul Controller
04-09-2008, 06:41 AM
lol!! ive posted more than once in 5 years!! just coz u have seen that one post! lol

u made me think of a chem trails thread i made and u was dissing!!

i missed being called sole troll!!

how the fuck u got 13,000 posts???

sick az aids!

how can i get hooked up in the vatican? will i get to meet raekwon?

Tyler Durden
04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I found this place while searchin' for Wu lyircs for "I can't got to sleep"

I didn't know what Ghost was sayin' when he goes really high pitched, I found this place and some one mentioned how at the end of his verse he says.

"When your rap wasn't doin' well, I'm the nigga that gave you a hand"

And it sounds like "I'm the nigga that gave you head"

I thought that too so I was happy.

Also, this is the place I realised that pressing return 20 times between each line is super duper cool.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
oh, and my first impression was it was full of faggots with really shitty biased opinions based on nothing but an obessive sense of loyalty to the "good guy side" of rap

the only persons opinions i would consider were hollow darts and 11th chamber cause they're werent insane

haha, word, two of the most retarded posters to ever actively post in the hip hop section. Especially Hollow Dartz, hes been waiting 4 years for the Hip Hop section to assimilate with his warped views, and finally it has.

I cant remember how i came across the site, i dont think it was wu corp when i first visited, i didnt join though, just looked around.

Didnt pay much attention to the forums.

The in 04 i got more involved, and joined somewhere near the end of that year, then ODB died, and wu corp went under...

I remember checking to see if it had come back online at my schools library every now and then haha.

When it did i joined again, and the rest as they say, is legendary.

I exclusively posted in the Hip Hop and Wu sections, and then in the Soundshack section. Until the majority of posters became annoying, and general chat got more interesting.

My first impression were just that it was a good place to talk about music, with some like minded people and some fucking idiots.

Longbongcilvaringz
04-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I found this place while searchin' for Wu lyircs for "I can't got to sleep"

I didn't know what Ghost was sayin' when he goes really high pitched, I found this place and some one mentioned how at the end of his verse he says.

"When your rap wasn't doin' well, I'm the nigga that gave you a hand"

And it sounds like "I'm the nigga that gave you head"

I thought that too so I was happy.

Also, this is the place I realised that pressing return 20 times between each line is super duper cool.

Hey, i started that shit!

Longbongcilvaringz
04-09-2008, 08:27 AM

Shyheim

oo2

Shyheim
and die tryin'

peace

thats fucking awesome, never new about it

props.

04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
yea, back then I was one of the mkost respected cats around here, I was ranked 3rd in the battlefield in the golden age of that shit.

now that I can't take this place seriously, my posts are shitty, I'm too lazy to post anything good, so it's all just killin time.

begongo
04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
I was trying to find out when 8 diagrams was going to come out, and when you google "wu-tang" this is the first thing that comes up.

My first impression was that I had never before seen such a collection of nerds, retards, and racists. That is also my current impression, but at the same time, its pretty funny and it kills time at work.I must say you adapted very well!

Sgt Holly Wood
04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
back in 2005 when the site came back up

my boy told me about it and i joined

IMA WU HEAD AND A HALF!!

Sgt Holly Wood
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
my name was Steels101 back then

i kno most of the older posters here remember the kid!!

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Personally I was in my wu tang absorbtion period (no homo) where I would gather every info or material I could get from the wu and uncommercial rap in general. I thought it was nice cuz there were tour dates posted on the main page and shit.

The forum was crazy to me cuz in the Wu and HH sections people were posting about a lot of shit that I never heard about like solo albums of the generals or such and seemed to be talking about things they were already talking about for their whole life. Gen Chat seemed so wild cuz I remember some girl posted pics that everyone said she was a tranny, a guy that was proud to be a virgin, etc so it all seemed like a freak show.

Then I remember the crash and there was a while when I kinda forgot about the forum and I really don't know when and how I came back.

bla bla bla bla bla

my case,

i was surfin thru da site, many times, cuz i was obsessed wit wu, and shit, they i seen the crash was like daaaamn like the liks, after reading the forum, checked out the beat battle, heard da muthafuckin phat beat from Famicom, then decided to reg just to vote for him and comment it... after i just got active and posted shit...
didnt post in gen chat for months, just though it was all bloated fuccin weirdos postin here... later on, as i got more and more active, i mostly hang out at the gen chat...i read other sub forums too, though...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-09-2008, 03:50 PM
http://colinresponse.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/wutang_port_large.jpg

u made this?