PDA

View Full Version : turn on the raido...nah fuck it! turn it off!

crust
04-10-2008, 12:15 AM
i couldnt help but to notice how lame radio has become. i was listening to some local "hip-hop" station out here in san diego and it seems like they have this cycle of hit club music followed by some love making R&B track followed by like a make up/break up song...its kinda disturbing.

each track is some whack ass shit too.

anyone else ever notice this? or am i just really high? hahaha.

EAGLE EYE
04-10-2008, 12:28 AM
yea its fucking strange radio stations still label themselves hip hop.

It should be called r & doo doo wop

Dirty Knowledge
04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
You gotta get in tune with the underground radio stations.

Regular Radio will put you in some Road Rage if you're in the car. The CD Player on my head unit won't play CDs anymore so I've been basically STUCK with the radio in the car, and when the underground stations are not being broadcasted, I'm stuck with commercial and it sucks donkey balls.

And not only on real radio is it some whack shit? But it's like they pick the ten most dumbed-down, club joint songs in the country, burn them to a CD, press shuffle, and call it the 7 Oclock Shutdown Mix...or the 9 OClock Storm Session...it's all whack.

EAGLE EYE
04-10-2008, 12:35 AM
you havent lived until you've played warcloud full blast and driven into telephone poles at 2 separate locations during the course of a day.

HarlemDiplomat
04-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Honestly I can't remember the last time I actually engaged in listening to the radio. Even now that I don't have my car and I get rides from other people its always a CD. Only people that listen to the radio is oldies stations.

I can't understand why I would even listen to a "hip-hop" station. Its nothing but force feeding.

I remember reading how Diddy use to pay Clearchannel execs and give them gifts so they can give his artists more spins even if the record is low on the charts.

Fuck radio... shits dead.

SKAMPOE
04-10-2008, 12:52 AM
the radio games been fucked up since puffy came out ''sad to say but true'',
as far as the music goes, but after the''STAR N BUCKWILD SHOW'' canceled i just stop listening all together!!!

havent heard it since real talk, unless im in som one else's car n i aing got no power over it wich just adds on to disgust i had for it!

NIGHT MAYOR
04-10-2008, 01:02 AM
i listen to Triple J down here, its a ABC channel so there are no commercials and they play alot of indy shit and some decent hip-hop, ghost faces fishscale was played a fair bit when released and they have been playing a couple of joints off 8 diagrams, i just like the fact they dont have advertising giants to impress, so their topics are open and swearing aint no problimo. i also like the variations in music they play.

Dirty Knowledge
04-10-2008, 01:05 AM
you havent lived until you've played warcloud full blast and driven into telephone poles at 2 separate locations during the course of a day.

Sounds like something I'd only do fucking with some DXM, Crown Royale, and some Cocaine-laced blunts.

Listening to Warcloud that is.

SKAMPOE
04-10-2008, 01:06 AM
cool man thats dope, i wanna get satelite radio i heard is awsome!

NIGHT MAYOR
04-10-2008, 01:12 AM
you can actualy listen to triple j on the net at www.triplej.net.au

dunno if it would be all your pieces of cake

crust
04-10-2008, 01:15 AM
yeah i usually dont ever listen to the radio but i was riding in my cousins car and i didnt wanna be a jerk and just change it. so i was kinda forced to sit there and listen.

...i wanted to shoot myself after the first song.

SKAMPOE
fuk is dat?^
@ fredrik:W

Visionz
cool man thats dope, i wanna get satelite radio i heard is awsome!
^nah fuck that, if you got either Sprint or ATT you can get Pandora through your cell phone. If you can run an auxillary cable into your deck then you won't have to worry about hearing some bullshit ever again

NIGHT MAYOR
04-10-2008, 01:16 AM
you will hear a fair bit of aus hip-hop (like atm chasm is on) but the hip-hop show is on monday night at 10pm (G.M.T. +10)

edit: Henry Rollins is co-hosting the arfternoon show at the moment. :cheerlie: