PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 PS3, or Xbox 360

wufan10304
04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
just curious to know what system you guys are going to get this game for. i know each system has its pros and cons, shit i know, i got both. but, im leaning towards getting the 360 version. 360 has better online, most of my friends have the 360 as well. plus the DLC sounds nice too. what about yall? wat system yall getting gta4 for?

Rame
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
X360 will have extra maps (Probably to be bought afterwards).

I'm getting the PS3 version because I have a PS3.

11th Chamber
04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
360 version

cause thats what I got

KZA
04-15-2008, 12:27 AM
PS3 will get DLC as well.

I got for PS3 even though I own a 360. I don't care for achievements I rather play it on the PS3 because of the controls.

shaolinsword
04-15-2008, 01:14 AM
360, because of the extra 10+ hrs via dlc

NIGHT MAYOR
04-15-2008, 01:18 AM
^ what he said

stashlova
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
PS3 because that's what the series started on an it just feels natural

SWAMP WATER
04-20-2008, 12:04 PM
360 because the evalution iz here.

Billy Danzenie
04-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Ps3

Visionz
04-21-2008, 07:02 PM
PS3, I just put it on order yesterday, got the snazzy lil special edition shit cuz that saftey deposit box looks like it'll make a nice stash box (and they always got good music so the cd is a nice throw in)

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-22-2008, 04:00 AM
when the game get out, ill buy a ps3.

Visionz
04-22-2008, 04:21 AM
so you buying one next week? it drops the 29th

Razorsharp
04-22-2008, 04:24 AM
whats DLC?

but im getting for ps3 :dududu:

1st of the series, always didnt like the game but willing to try, but i got the new system so yeah

Visionz
04-22-2008, 04:30 AM
^u serious man? GTA BEEN killin it, so many differnet levels of play in one game

btw DLC=downloadable content

InvincibleArmor79
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
gotta go with ps3 for this game.. gt4 is the main reason im buyin a ps3 with the $600 uncle sam is throwin me.. this game is gonna be so ridiculous, san andreas surpassed all my expectations an this one will demolish all 4 previous titles combined

Sean
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I've only got a 360 so I'm getting it for that. If I had both I'd probably get it for 360 just cause of the DLC, they're supposedly the same apart from that.

Razorsharp
04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
^u serious man? GTA BEEN killin it, so many differnet levels of play in one game

btw DLC=downloadable content

yeah man, i jus never really liked the graphics, and shit, i dunno... lets say, im not big with watching and playing mafia type shit... i havent even watched the godfather series yet... *prepares for the posts after this* hahaha

but yeah... hopefully i wont be disappointed :dududu:

venex
04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
i'm buying a ps3 too, when gta 4 comes out...

next week yeah...

can someone post the pro's and con's between XBOX and PS version ?

11th Chamber
04-23-2008, 12:29 AM
I've only got a 360 so I'm getting it for that. If I had both I'd probably get it for 360 just cause of the DLC, they're supposedly the same apart from that.

yea I talked to a guy at Gamestop when I was pre-ordering it a few days ago. He said the DLC on Xbox is gonna be sick(guess they get some sort of inside-info we dont)

The Hound
04-23-2008, 12:46 AM
ps3 cause thats what i got ... 10 hours DLC ... meh i can live without

Visionz
04-23-2008, 01:11 AM
yeah man, i jus never really liked the graphics, and shit, i dunno... lets say, im not big with watching and playing mafia type shit... i havent even watched the godfather series yet... *prepares for the posts after this* hahaha

but yeah... hopefully i wont be disappointed :dududu:

I bet you love Cuban Linx though :lmao: to each their own, but seriously that don't make no sense :b Even if you don't really ever play the "game" aspect of GTA, running around causing mayhem, shooting for six stars is a treat all in itself

100pr00f
04-23-2008, 08:21 AM
360...cant wait

wufan10304
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
i just seen the review on ign.com...this game got a 10/10

JASPER
04-26-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd go with whatever console your friends have because of the multiplayer. Since there are twice as much Xbox 360 owners as PS3 owners in the UK, and the 360 has will have DLC too, get it on the box.

BRONZBODY
04-26-2008, 11:16 PM
ps3....j-fed u never cease to amaze me with ur sigs man!!!!

BRONZBODY
04-26-2008, 11:20 PM
gotta admit other than vice city i was never a big fan of gta but the multiplayer alone is worth a pruchase no matter what system u own.

....i wonder if u and ya boys can run a train on a hooker???

since the ps3 can do mods...could be possible????

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-26-2008, 11:56 PM
damn, I played GTA4 yesterday.....it's the best GTA ever. I really mean it.

The Hound
04-28-2008, 01:40 AM
ps3 gonna have DLC eventually too they said ... guess keyword is EVENTUALLY

Rame
04-28-2008, 03:39 AM
The PS3 version is going to look better.
Less pop-ins and Anti-Aliasing.
The 360 has richer colors though.

Also the PS3 controls are better.

KERZO
05-08-2008, 05:04 AM
damn, I played GTA4 yesterday.....it's the best GTA ever. I really mean it.

well duh!

I got in on my XBOX....I pop that in the system in-between COD4 sesh's

InvincibleArmor79
05-08-2008, 06:50 AM
this shouldve been a poll question

Bloo
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm fuckin with the 360 version. But that's cause that's the system I own. I was gonna wait for the PC version but I couldn't so whatever, I'm sure I'd find more peeps to play online with in this version anyway.

Eyetalian
05-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Educate yourselves

12 Reasons Why Grand Theft Auto IV is better on Xbox 360 than PlayStation 3

Update : Rockstar just shipped a patch to the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV. It is supposed to stop the Gamespy network servers from being overloaded. No word yet to see how this patch will solve the stability problems.

ViewerHere are the reasons why I am glad that I chose the Xbox 360 version of Grand Theft Auto IV instead of getting a PlayStation 3. Sure this could be considered gratuitous fanboy baiting. I've been working with computer graphics for over two decades now so forgive me if this post is a little Siggraph wonky.

1. Higher Native Resolution : The native resolution of GTA IV on the Xbox 360 is 720p while the PS3 is "640p". A game's native resolution is the dimensions that the image is rendered at before it is scaled to match the resolution setting on your HDTV. The PS3 hype about games at 1080p is pretty much pure hype. There are no complex 3d games that run at that resolution. The graphics on the PS3 version of the game is rendered at a lower resolution and stretched more giving it a more blurred final image, while the 360 game had more pixels at the start and ends up a crisper image.

2. The ANA chip : The Xbox 360 has hardware based scaling of images to scale images to whatever resolution is needed on the fly. Since this is done in a dedicated chip this leaves the Xbox 360 CPU and GPU free to work on the game. The PS3 requires that all graphics scaling to be done in software by the CPUs. Granted it has a lot of CPU power but hardware based graphics scaling is a much more elegant way of rendering 3d images at multiple resolutions.

3. More available RAM : The PS3 operating system is a memory hog that eats up a lot of system memory. This means that it needs to either load a massive install on the PS3 hard drive to cache texture data or use lower resolution textures. The Xbox 360 on the other hand as a very efficient minimalist operating system (It's not Windows) that leaves a lot of memory resources left over for game developers.

4. CPU GPU architecture : The PS3 CELL architecture is great at chomping long numerical calculations but breaking down computational tasks to that many CPU cores takes a serious juggle to get them all working at an even work load. Using multiple CPUs didn't work out so hot for the Sega Saturn. You can thank Microsoft's Nick Baker for the awesome work he did on the 360 graphics capabilities. I have pretty good hunch that he is working on the early planning phase of the "Xbox 720" or the Xbox Valhalla chip set.

5. Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers! WOOO! - MS CEO Steve Balmer : Microsoft's first product was a programming language. Software development tools has been a major part of their DNA from day one and both the Xbox and Xbox 360 were designed to be a very effective platform for game developers. To Microsoft development tools are not something to be trifled with. The Xbox 360 game development software libraries are hands down the best in the world from what I've read about them and the company has worked a long time in garnering a strong supportive relationship with software developers for their platform. It is easier for game developers to get results quicker using the Xbox tools then the PS3. Just look at what a major programmer on Rock Band had to say bout it.

6. Faster optical disc access : Blu-Ray might be great for movies but when it comes to moving data off a disc and into RAM quickly for games DVD is a better way to go. The Xbox 360 version does not require you to hand over close to four gigs of hard drive space for an install that needs to be there for as long as you own the game.

7. Exclusive downloaded content : Microsoft probably had to whisper some sweet nothings into Take 2's ears and possibly open up their pocket book to guarantee that extra downloaded content for GTA IV would only come out on Xbox 360. We don't know if it is going to be new weapons, cars, missions or full islands but I know that it is going to rock and the only way to get it is via Xbox Live

8. In-game messaging via Xbox Live : I can hit the guide button on the Xbox 360 and see if my friend BBQ is on his Xbox 360 and send him a message inviting him to play a game right from the game. We then might throw it down in GTA IV or kick it Puzzle Fighter HD style with a cross game invite.

9. In-game network data : I can tell what level my friend BBQ is playing from looking at his gamertag. that is pretty Meta Web 2.0.

10. Achievements and Gamerscore : I can tell how far he is and if he has gotten that taxi service achievement yet.

11. On the Xbox 360 version The network code in the game does not crash the game, the multiplayer servers are actual dedicated Xbox Live servers and not GameSpy and there is no file corruption glitch in the 360 version.

12. Better controllers : There is rumble in all the wireless gamepads on the Xbox 360. The old default PS3 controller has always feel way to light to me and I do like having rumble. GTA IV makes use of the analog triggers for driving and the 360s top triggers are much better for precision driving controls.

I am sure that there is a lot of fun to be had on the PS3 version of the game, but I think the best way to experience it is on the Xbox 360.

KERZO
05-14-2008, 06:37 AM
Plus the Xbox360 makes a better bookend :mexico:

Rame
05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Big f-ing deal.