PDA

View Full Version : Exam Help !!!

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
I've got a language exam tomorrow, that could have a huge impact on my career, depending on the results. Needless to say, I'm a fuckin' nervous wreck. Could you supply some tips on how to get my head straight ???

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
04-16-2008, 05:45 AM
Smoke a fat blunt and go..

http://www.mchenrycountyblog.com/uploaded_images/Shepley-Rolling-Eyes-10-2--7-775807.jpg

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/02/smoke_gets_in_your_eyes.jpg

The Hound
04-16-2008, 05:49 AM
just take deep breaths man ... relaxs you

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 05:54 AM
I just know that when I go to bed tonight, I won't be able to sleep for at least an hour and half

HANZO
04-16-2008, 12:06 PM
well did you prepare for it properly??? its really natural to get nervous before exams. the key is not to let your nerves cloud your judgement. im always nervous but deep down inside i kno i will pass every exam with flying colours. all the nerves dissapear when i actually sit at the exam table.

if you prepared well for it then theres nothing else you can do for it. so theres no reason to be nervous.

King Tron 1
04-16-2008, 12:22 PM
I usually don't study the night before, you either know it or you don't, but that's just me. Eat a good breakfast is what most people consider as a good relaxation tool.

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 12:32 PM
My main concern is actually going to sleep early, I remember last year, before an important meeting I couldn't fall asleep for like 3 hours, had to pop a sleeping pill

Prolifical ENG
04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
my pre-exam ritual was to take a shit right before.

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
my pre-exam ritual was to take a shit right before.
can you actually control when you want to do that ?

Prolifical ENG
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
can you actually control when you want to do that ?

yes. if i am having trouble a coffee usually loosens it up.

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 12:38 PM
hence the expression "I'm so nervous I could shit myself"

King Tron 1
04-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Watch the Mummy Returns or the Scorpion King, those two movies put me to sleep everytime. Never fails.

Art Vandelay
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
i didn't know you had to be bilingual to be a janitor

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
^ Haha, how clever of you

http://www.osney.org/po/royalFail.jpg

TSA
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
you need to develope and extreme sense of superiority before going in, get all suited up, tied up, whateva whateva and take it more as talking to a naive younger slut then a dominate exception to the rool

also take a long run before going to bed, followed by a bubble bath(i kid you not) then go to sleep hoe(as early as possible)

Prolifical ENG
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
I was never concerned about sleep. If you have one night with less sleep it wont be so bad. Even if the exam is 3 hours....if you have one of those 6 hour ones or whatever it might be different.

One day with a little less sleep shouldnt affect you too much because you can sleep as much as you want after the exam.

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
thanks to everyone who replied (Art I see you nucca)

King Tron 1
04-16-2008, 01:09 PM
I was never concerned about sleep. If you have one night with less sleep it wont be so bad. Even if the exam is 3 hours....if you have one of those 6 hour ones or whatever it might be different.

One day with a little less sleep shouldnt affect you too much because you can sleep as much as you want after the exam.

Me Neither, But I wouldn't do this myself, but if I can't get any sleep I just do the opposite and stay up all night. I don't condone for anyone to attempt this tho.

TSA
04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
sleeping early after exercise makes you wake up and feel like the rich version of allah. that's just i suggest it, im not saying your gonna fall asleep in the middle of a text that can determine ya fuckin life's path

Prince Rai
04-16-2008, 01:23 PM
eat chocolate.

yes dark chocolate has these chemicals to calm you down. works for me, and ive been having exams for years now :(

begongo
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
as other posters said, if you don't get that much sleep the night before the exam shouldn't really affect your results.. but the night before the exam should be the only exception

I mean .. as soon as you wake up (even if you slept 3 hours that night), the nerves will boost the hell out of you and tiredness is the last thing you'll feel that morning/day

begongo
04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
eat chocolate.

yes dark chocolate has these chemicals to calm you down. works for me, and ive been having exams for years now :(
as much as I know ... chocolate is rather an energy-booster than a tranquilizer, but perhaps the psychological effect that it has on you calms you down

Longbongcilvaringz
04-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Sleep is extremely important in the learning process though.

To retain information learnt in the short terms (ie. that day) a decent night of quality sleep is essential.

Meaning, if your cramming the night before an exam, youll need to get some good sleep to retain a useful amount of that information.

If you have the information committed to longer term memory, then one night of not so great sleep shouldnt matter.

Additionally, if you dont sleep well, but the exam is fairly late in the day, try and get a nap (no homo) in. Napping for between 15 and 45 minutes can revive you greatly if you havent slept well the night before.

Basically, if you know the stuff in advance, sleep shouldnt be a problem.

If you dont, then cram, but dont sacrifice huge amounts of sleep otherwise your work will largely be uselesss.

begongo
04-16-2008, 01:35 PM
And besides ... it's a language exam. You either speak it or you don't

Longbongcilvaringz
04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Well, chocolate has caffeine in it, so that will help when taking your exam.

With caffeine in your system you perform at a higher level than otherwise, its just regulating this level of caffeine so that it is never too high, and never gets really low. Over a 4 hour exam that can be hard to do.

All this exam talk is interesting, but without fail, going into a big exam, at school or at uni, there is always that one guy who knows more about how to pass exams than how to apply the course knowledge.

The guy with the 4 cans of Redbull trying to take a nap while he eats protein bars and meditates before an exam.

King Tron 1
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM

I can't help, but to visualize the opening sequences of Pulp Fiction, especially the part where Jules starts asking if Bret knows english. I even liked this when they reinacted the sequence on an episode of Boondocks.

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 02:01 PM

There's a writing piece which involves 100's of rules and different tenses and shit. Estonian has got to be the absolutely most difficult language ever.

6 Chambaz
04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
eat chocolate.

Especially dark chocolate is a energy booster, can't see it calming me down.

begongo
04-16-2008, 02:03 PM
why are you learning estonian? just curious .. or do you live there?

King Tron 1
04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah, there's a writing portion along with a reading & speaking. Yeah don't think that just cause you speak it doesn't mean you know all the rules.