PDA

View Full Version : My friend is addicted to World Of Warcraft

begongo
04-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Well I have a friend that I usually chill with (No Norway) and a couple of weeks ago he bought WOW and now all he does is play that damn game. He barely answers calls, never answers text messages, doesn't log to messenger anymore. Sometimes he comes out for drinking but that's only on weekends and we don't always synchronize our drinking sessions so now it's almost 3 weeks I didn't see him (No Norway again).

More friends are playing WOW now, but I don't really care about them because they're annoying and this guy is the type that will just keep the friendship to light chat for years and I know him for like 12 years now. We barely ever talked about anything serious and that's what I like (yeah ... No Norway). People that tend to get deeper in time tend to annoy me to the point that I don't want to see them anymore.

OK

How do I get him back on track?

The Hound
04-25-2008, 07:51 AM
K8hfK3RQs2g

Tyler Durden
04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Yea, I know a lad that is addicted to that WOW stuff.
It's not for me.
Let them run off in their fantasy land, you can't do anything for him now.
It's time to say goodbye.

Durag
04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Wow...

whats World of Warcraft, a playstation game or what?

Yeah there aint really fuck all you can do. Maybe for a while just make more of an effort to hang round with him. Call over to his house, try to go drinking the same times as him etc. Its prolly just a faze, he'l come out of it

6 Chambaz
04-25-2008, 08:03 AM
I tried playing WOW, but it seems boring to me. I was addicted to one game in my life. Ragnarok Online. I would spend 6-8 hours a day easily, the rest- I'd just eat, shit & sleep. it was a good game though

Tyler Durden
04-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Play a drinking gane he can relate to.
Something like, everytime a 'Draenei' walks past, take a shot.
Draenei are an offshoot of Eredar, the race that eventually became corrupted by the Burning Legion.
Wikipedia is my friend.

6 Chambaz
04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
K8hfK3RQs2g
Fuckin' hell ! Parents are idiots. They should've just cut him out of the family. Let the guy earn money to pay for the electricity he's using.

6 Chambaz
04-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Play a drinking gane he can relate to.
Something like, everytime a 'Draenei' walks past, take a shot.
Draenei are an offshoot of Eredar, the race that eventually became corrupted by the Burning Legion.
Wikipedia is my friend.
LOL imagine how fucked he'll be by lvl 99.
-"There's another drannei"
-"For fuck's sake, not again"
-"Here's your vodka"
-"Bloody wanker.... gulp...gulp....im gonna hurl!....bleah"

*ruins the keyboard, computer and stops playing, starts drinking

TAURO
04-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Your friend is just a giant nerd begongo, there is no hope for him. My advice is to cut all communication with him and start hanging out with some much better adjusted kids who's friendship will lead you towards real life pussy and not the virtual kind.

begongo
04-25-2008, 08:30 AM
^ but it used to be like that

TAURO
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
^ but it used to be like that

Then something went seriously wrong in his life if WOW is his new mistress.

Durag
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Well I have a friend that I usually chill with (No Norway) and a couple of weeks ago he bought WOW and now all he does is play that damn game. He barely answers calls, never answers text messages, doesn't log to messenger anymore. Sometimes he comes out for drinking but that's only on weekends and we don't always synchronize our drinking sessions so now it's almost 3 weeks I didn't see him (No Norway again).

More friends are playing WOW now, but I don't really care about them because they're annoying and this guy is the type that will just keep the friendship to light chat for years and I know him for like 12 years now. We barely ever talked about anything serious and that's what I like (yeah ... No Norway). People that tend to get deeper in time tend to annoy me to the point that I don't want to see them anymore.

OK

That is kinda sad though Begongo.

Tell him to get off his ass, stop being a fuckin bitch nerd and get a life. Hit him if you have to. That might knock him into shape

begongo
04-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I just called him, he was sleeping (of course he played WOW the whole night till noon)

but he answered

he said he'd call me back when he finished sleeping lol

I don't really expect him to do that, cuz the exact same thing happened last week and never called back

Durag
04-25-2008, 09:02 AM
"Damn Begongo, waking me up". Bet thats what he's thinkin, hes not gonna call you back.

Blackula Spectacula
04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
WOW is Crack

Blackula Spectacula
04-25-2008, 09:11 AM
K8hfK3RQs2g

wow someone committed suicide over this game ...smh

TSA
04-25-2008, 09:26 AM

OK

idk man, my friends brother was severly addicted to Runescape

He stopped going to school for the last semester to add on top of bad grades, now if he misses 1 day of highschool through his whole career he'll be taken out of his mom's custody and put into a home lol

he was getting all super pale, like bone pale, and cranky, and his hair was a ball of greasy not even Skampoe would pick up a fry from it if fell on it.

the worst part, by summer, he still sucked at it.

TSA
04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
also, i heard there's really big money in WOW, the homo plays taht too, i told him to "sell his character" cause it's worth 700-1000 dollars(ppl pay it, no joke) and i'll get some cut from finding him customers (he's actually good at this one for a change).

he says he'll be off that one for good in early june, so that's when i get to find out if he's gonna ack familiar when it comes to skrilliar.

Supreme-NRT
04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Damn...I never got past lvl 56 :(

SickSide
04-25-2008, 11:23 AM
mAeGr2ot7yk

smh

Sicka than aidZ
04-25-2008, 11:34 AM
show him your tits

Art Vandelay
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM

OK

that's funny, because i was just playing WOW and some dude was just saying how his friend Begongo was addicted to wu-tang corp

HANZO
04-25-2008, 01:48 PM
i dnt understand this WOW business. seems like a load of bollocks to me. Begongo take your friend to a stripclub, give him a pussy overdose. if that dnt work then all hope is lost. so your better off killing him.

hectis
04-25-2008, 02:00 PM
some of my friends play wow and when ever were playing video games or chillin they some how sneak it into the conversation

WARPATH
04-25-2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.intternetti.net/%7Ejiri/motivation/barbarians.jpg

begongo
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
he actually called back today, so we hung out a bit

he told me his account expired and isn't playing anymore ... so ... while we're chilling he gets a phone call, when he sees the number he gets all hyped and after he finished speaking, guess what he said ? ..... a friend payed for the renewal of the account so he's back in business wepeee ....

WARPATH
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
he actually called back today, so we hung out a bit

he told me his account expired and isn't playing anymore ... so ... while we're chilling he gets a phone call, when he sees the number he gets all hyped and after he finished speaking, guess what he said ? ..... a friend payed for the renewal of the account so he's back in business wepeee ....

That's great!

My solution:

Get his rich friend to buy you an account and then:

http://www.intternetti.net/%7Ejiri/motivation/rpg/powerleveling.jpg

Have them power level your shit, so you can go adventuring together!

http://www.intternetti.net/%7Ejiri/motivation/rpg/Adventure.jpg

SickSide
04-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Anyone seen the South Park ep Make Love Not Warcraft, shit is jokes

BUTTERS: I don't play world of warcraft...
CARTMAN: Butters, you said that you're on your computer all the time.
BUTTERS: Yeah, but I'm playing hello kitty island adventure!
CARTMAN: Ugh... Butters, go buy world of warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you!
BUTTERS: O-oh... Al-alright then!

they nailed the wow addict look
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1008/1008_jenkins.jpg

HANZO
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
dat south park episode is a classic. fukin killed me.

SaqurakiHanamichi
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
i never understood that game, i thought it was horrible

but i used to play counter strike for like 4 years straight non stop addiction , it is pathetic if u think about it , cause i waisted 4 years of my life....

begongo
04-25-2008, 04:51 PM
i never understood that game, i thought it was horrible

but i used to play counter strike for like 4 years straight non stop addiction , it is pathetic if u think about it , cause i waisted 4 years of my life....at one point I was playing counter strike 10hrs/day! and yes I was addicted to counter strike for about 4 years too ... I was so damn stupid

SickSide
04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Booya!
http://i13.tinypic.com/42tdfgl.jpg

Da Ryda
04-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah... Man!! Playing World of Warcraft all the time, pfft... that's way too nerdish... However, spending hours on message board forums is like... inherently more cooler!! WE WROCK DUUDE!!

On a serious note, I think your friend is a lost cause, trust me... speaking from experience.

EAGLE EYE
04-25-2008, 05:38 PM
the only way to break him away from that game is to rip on him every day. Just stand in the door way and tell him hes a faggit until he breaks down emotionally like a chic..

i had to do it to one of my old room mates.. also do this when drinking straight liquor cuz it intensifies the effect

Sgt Holly Wood
04-25-2008, 06:17 PM
i never played that fucking game

is it really that good??

SaqurakiHanamichi
04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
at one point I was playing counter strike 10hrs/day! and yes I was addicted to counter strike for about 4 years too ... I was so damn stupid

imagine all the shit we could of been doing man , so sad ,

SHRAP
04-26-2008, 02:11 AM
ive smoked crack and playd world of warcraft, and world of warcraft is way worse than crack

EAGLE EYE
04-26-2008, 02:21 AM
hahahahahaha

warcraft is the new crack shrap.

you might as well burn a bunch of bootleg copies and sell it at playgrounds, but keep a strap just to look official

Robert
04-26-2008, 02:28 AM
ive smoked crack and playd world of warcraft, and world of warcraft is way worse than crack

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

This guy........

Sgt Holly Wood
04-26-2008, 02:43 AM
how was the rock for ya?

Longbongcilvaringz
04-26-2008, 03:42 AM
i know a guy who plays WOW

pretty embarrassing

he failed a unit a couple of semester ago

so now he uninstalls all his games at the start of a semester

hibernates for a few days going through withdrawals

and then studies like a maniac for the rest of the year

most people finsish the year and go out and stuff

hes relieved to be able to play games again

plus he looks like the cartoon character goofy

sans the ears

04-26-2008, 04:23 AM
Your friend is just a giant nerd begongo, there is no hope for him. My advice is to cut all communication with him and start hanging out with some much better adjusted kids who's friendship will lead you towards real life pussy and not the virtual kind.

jehovah's witnessez?

Sgt Holly Wood
04-26-2008, 04:27 AM
lol ^

i just had one ring my fucking bell 2 days ago

Rame
04-26-2008, 04:32 AM
People that tend to get deeper in time tend to annoy me to the point that I don't want to see them anymore.

Yes norway?

You lost him though.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-26-2008, 04:32 AM
I wonder if there have actually been WOW interventions.

Rame
04-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Don't know if you heard it before but some girl slept with a guy for WOW gold.
I also believe someone got murdered for a sword.
And of course there's people dying because they're playing the game a few days in a row (heart attacks I think).

And I think there's a lot more.

INF
04-26-2008, 04:44 AM
i heard of when that bitched tricked herself out for a dragon or more specific - gold for a dragon.

LuckyTheWonderDog
04-26-2008, 04:46 AM
The South Park on WOW was fuckin funny.

INF
04-26-2008, 04:48 AM
aint seen it all the way through yet^

Rame
04-26-2008, 04:55 AM
i heard of when that bitched tricked herself out for a dragon or more specific - gold for a dragon.

Yeah, I think that's the one I'm talking about.

http://community.livejournal.com/girl_gamers/3051077.html

I read somewhere 500 Gold or whatever it's called is like $ 650 USD.

Haha.

SL33
04-26-2008, 05:08 AM
i played ordinary frozen throne and it was dope

SL33
04-26-2008, 05:09 AM
but blizzard did serious biting of J.R.R Tolkien's books......

Guarded By Martyrs
04-26-2008, 07:03 AM
The South Park episode of The World Of Warcraft is too dope.

Why don't you go online create a charater and kill him ???
To bring him back to the real world....

Storm
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
The South Park episode of The World Of Warcraft is too dope.

Yea, that episode really resembled how life is for a WoW player.

"If we don't hurry now, your sons character will die!"

"Oh My God (Drops glass & runs to the computer)"

begongo
04-26-2008, 11:50 AM
But how do you kill the one that has no life?

Lil' Ruger
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
rather spend my money on clothes jewellry and recording equipment....more of my interest tho i can often get addicted to a game and play a shit load but i still leave time for friends.

Storm
04-26-2008, 12:17 PM
But how do you kill the one that has no life?

:nerdy: :list: