PDA

View Full Version : Eminem back in the day appreciation thread

oldie
08-17-2005, 06:30 AM
man, i really, really, miss this guy. he's fell off big time. he was one the dopest freestylers, i used to hear him with D12 back in the day on Tim Westwoods show goin crazy and Westwood n D12 wud be in creases in the background cos he was goin sick. Infinite is one of the best albums lyrical-wise ive ever heard. he might not break em off with the flow real good but i know they are fuckin dope lyrics.

bringoutthegimp
08-17-2005, 06:37 AM
infinite sucks, but eminem from marshall mathers lp backwards was awesome

Welshkillabee
08-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Its all about $ for him now he's greedy which is why he makes one childish gay track for every album (Encore had a whole bunch of em) ie Real Slim Shady, Without Me, Just lose it = all exactly the same look @ me im crazy type shit. He needs to release some shit now that is not tailormade for infants.

oldie
08-17-2005, 07:08 AM
^^word. encore is by far his worst album IMO, one of the worst ive heard period.

sorry bringoutthegimp, i luv infinite for its lyrics, his rhyming is sicko on it. i think he's dun that, put loads of effort into it to get a deal, got the deal and then slacked off, and now he jus doesnt give a fuck, hence Encore.

nrw killa bee
08-17-2005, 07:15 AM
didnt he retire?he was really good on that last D12 album.

oldie
08-17-2005, 08:16 AM
so i heard, i didnt like the last d12 album i took it back n got another album, it was jus lame for me.

tekunique
08-17-2005, 08:34 AM
marshall mathers lp is his best work.

Dante
08-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Slim Shady LP is my favorite album by him

Wu-tang Fan
08-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Yo,I really respect what he has done for him self and his crew.I mean just to think that he spent his child hood in the streets of Ditroit and know he's an international superstar is just amazing!And he did do his own style of hardcore rap,but encore was very cheesy.He's just done soooo much stuff in the short time he's been in the game though,cause 99-2001 he made him self famous;faster than 50-cent I think.But yo,one thing I don't like is the fact that he doesn't give the Wu-Tang clan any recognition.

GhostfaceKillah199
08-17-2005, 11:33 AM
In my opinion everything Em did from Devil's Night and before that(including Infinite) was classic. The man was down to earth and his lyricism was just always on point. now he's just an asshole who has the nerve to call himself a producer. peace

deadlymelody
08-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Would someone please explain to my brain that I just severed a main vein with a chainsaw and im in pain?

tical2000
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
To be honest I think INFINITE is shit........eminem really stepped up his lyrics after this album dropped........INFINITE is just some typical mediocre underground rap......

I think thaty EMINEM's best work comes as guest appearences on others records......and on mixtapes.............his albums are too pop for me

man, i really, really, miss this guy. he's fell off big time. he was one the dopest freestylers, i used to hear him with D12 back in the day on Tim Westwoods show goin crazy and Westwood n D12 wud be in creases in the background cos he was goin sick. Infinite is one of the best albums lyrical-wise ive ever heard. he might not break em off with the flow real good but i know they are fuckin dope lyrics.

hova0023
08-17-2005, 02:28 PM
His first two major label albums were nice, after that he just fell off. He tries to hard to be funny on his records now and it just brings down the whole feel of his albums.

KillaKev
08-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I liked all his albums but encore. I also think encore was kind of a fuck you or trick to all the wannabe's that are em fans. I mean he put some rediculously bad shit on that album, then the bonus disc had some pretty good songs on it.

I actually do like the "worst" songs on encore though, my first single and rainman. There almost so bad that they are good.

Bedlam
08-17-2005, 07:47 PM
I used to be the biggest Eminem fan, before he signed 50 and started sucking. He was a genius, both in his underground persona, or his Slim Shady Persona, it was still great.

I'll rank his albums
1. Marshall Mathers LP - Only slightly ahead of Infinte, never has an album felt so personal, like he's actually talking to you.
2. Infinite - Lyrically, top 10 all time, seriously EVERY rhyme is multi.
3. Slim Shady LP
4. Slim Shady EP - Murder, Murder and Low, Down, Dirty are great
5. Eminem Show - Sharp, not his best tough
6. Encore - Sucks Ass

I really can't stand him now, sad to see

fox7jr7
08-17-2005, 10:30 PM
In my opinion everything Em did from Devil's Night and before that(including Infinite) was classic. The man was down to earth and his lyricism was just always on point. now he's just an asshole who has the nerve to call himself a producer. peace
Yea.. yea...

Popa Chief
08-18-2005, 02:05 AM
His old shit use to be my favorite music to listen to. Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LP. I haven't heard Infinate tho.

__Goddess__
08-18-2005, 03:27 AM
Haha..
http://www.vitalick.balticom.lv/My%20Music/Eminem%20-%20Kill%20You.mp3

Hellspawn
08-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Slim Shady LP is my favorite album by himco sign

the lyrics were dope and the beats too....

I just dont give a fuck...CLASSIC
I still dont give a fuck...CLASSIC
role model...CLASSIC
bad meets evil...CLASSIC
brain damage...CLASSIC
rock bottom...CLASSIC

Marshal Mathers LP is not bad but all the rest is shit
the man is just an asshole now
I hate everything he drops
________
DUCATI F1 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Ducati_F1)

oldie
08-18-2005, 06:29 AM
for me, the lyrics to infinite album, jus written dwn, fuck how its spit n all, just the amount of rhymes n shit, it can't be fucked with by A LOT of mc's nowadays, inlcuding himslef.

haha...nice ..thnx 4 kill you, this is sum good shit, i remember this from back in the day, see he's aggressive n rhymin n shit n not bangin on about asses n shit. r.i.p eminems career.

so has he retired or what??? u mean like jigga has (yea right)

Rak12
08-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Infinite was a sick album, aswell was The Marshall Mathers

But now he fucken sucks

__Goddess__
08-18-2005, 06:52 AM
But now he fucken sucks
He's not the only one.. Dunno what happened.

burninskald
08-18-2005, 09:13 AM
does anyone have the remix to "the way i am" featuring marilyn manson? i saw that its on the import version of marshall mathers, its probably pretty sick. i liked the collab between dmx and manson on its dark...

anyway, imo encore is just a long joke. when i first got it i played that shit out, laughing my ass off at some of the shit he was saying. "ooo yea boy shake that ass.. oops i mean girl/girl girl girl" lol

the "bad" songs r the best on the album, because while he isn't saying very much, the way he's saying it is just insane. check the flows on my 1st single: he sounds like he's rapping underwater while he's high on a thousand pills, and the flow is just that much sicker for it.

however, since this is a "back in the day" thread, does anyone know if em's verse on "dead wrong" was recorded before or after big's death? that 16 is RAW.

Bedlam
08-18-2005, 02:49 PM
^I'm guessing after, cause back before when BIG died, Eminem wasn't really on his Slim Shady persona, and that verse is definatly Slim Shady

Crazy K
08-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I loved his Marhsall Mathers LP and Eminem Show. Never listend to Slim Shady LP though. I rmemeber my cosuin sayin his Encore album was sick and I laughed at him.

HANZO
08-18-2005, 03:38 PM
i jus say his first albums were gud, but like most flops and trys to be too commercial which aint gud.

arcane
08-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Would someone please explain to my brain that I just severed a main vein with a chainsaw and im in pain?
Yeah man, gone are the days when he would say shit like that.

Those freestyles from around that time floating around are sick - I think there's a couple of Sway & Tech ones, I'm not sure exactly where they're from. But something like:

Better call the fire department/ I've hired an arsonist/
To set fire to carpets/ and burn up your entire apartment...

Crazy shit.

He actually has had flashes of brilliance over the last couple of years. Anybody heard his freestyle to the "Got It Twisted" beat? It's straight-up ridiculous, I don't know where the hell he pulled it from in the midst of his corny joke songs.

"Lot of talk and rumours on us/
Who's the hottest? - to be honest/
Hip-hop ain't been the same since Tupac moved to Cuba on us..."

Check that freestyle if you haven't already.

Peace.

oldie
08-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah man, gone are the days when he would say shit like that.

Those freestyles from around that time floating around are sick - I think there's a couple of Sway & Tech ones, I'm not sure exactly where they're from. But something like:

Better call the fire department/ I've hired an arsonist/
To set fire to carpets/ and burn up your entire apartment...

Crazy shit.

He actually has had flashes of brilliance over the last couple of years. Anybody heard his freestyle to the "Got It Twisted" beat? It's straight-up ridiculous, I don't know where the hell he pulled it from in the midst of his corny joke songs.

"Lot of talk and rumours on us/
Who's the hottest? - to be honest/
Hip-hop ain't been the same since Tupac moved to Cuba on us..."

Check that freestyle if you haven't already.

Peace.
lmao, yeah i was lmao when i heard the 2pac part, thats the eminem im talkin about, he used to be a mad freestyler, he was fuckin sicko. ur right, how the fuck he managed to pull that one off. im listenin to infinite regularly jus l8ly. ive played encore about twice since it came out. i wud luv a big compilation disc of all his best free's, now that wud be a fuckin great listen, id be laughin cos of how fuckin funny and good his rhymin was. he was good but sick with the rhyme but now he's lame funny. and has pulled some of his anger management 3 tours cos he's 'exhausted' hes been treated 4 it n evrythin. i think its only right he retires now, either that or pull it back to how it used 2 b-which i rlly cnt c him doin.

Crazy K
08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Slit your stomach and watch your gut split
Gut you wit that razor that I use to shave my nuts wit

that shit was crazy

Bedlam
08-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I remember when he used to say cool shit like

"Grab a knife by the blade and stab you with the fuckin handle"

Crazy K
08-19-2005, 09:58 PM
^lol! yeah i rmemeber that shit. It was on his Marshall mathers LP i think.

Bedlam
08-19-2005, 10:00 PM
yep

how bout one of my favorite em quotes:

"My life's like kinda what my wife's like,
Fucked up after I beat her fuckin ass everynight"

I must have laughed at that 100 times back when that cd came out

Crazy K
08-19-2005, 10:12 PM
WHo knew? or some shit like that? Iunno, I just love that song.

"Oh, you want me to watch my mouth? How?
Take my fuckin eyeballs out and turn em around?"

lol

Bedlam
08-19-2005, 10:42 PM
yea it was Who Knew

and that quote u said is also one of my favorites, from the same song too. Damn i miss when eminem would have all those quotables in 1 song...

Crazy K
08-20-2005, 12:15 AM
i hope he lands back one the track, cause damn...he sucks now.

oldie
08-20-2005, 05:47 AM
i reckon back in the day he could battle many mc's with no struggle. but now, he'd probly loose to cassidy or sum 1 like that. maybe even lil bow wow, hu knows?

Crazy K
08-20-2005, 11:16 AM
^You gusy ever seen that one interview he had with Sway from MTV? And Sway was battling him or some shit? Em kinda sucked there, lol. I just remember Sway sayin "SLim Shady/ Weaker then the ankles of eldery ladies"