PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 - Rating

The Hound
04-28-2008, 01:36 PM
i know we got a GTA IV thread but i think we should have a seperate one just for people's ratings because 1) there's no poll in the other one 2) shit will get lost ...

so far i've only playd it for like 2 hours and i'm off to bed but this shit is fucking ILL ... soooooo much fucking detail ... paying tolls on bridges ... i rejected one of roman's calls and it obviously had an impact as opposed to me answering (that's all i'll say because i don't want to spoil anything) ...

oh i do advise people to put subtitles on because they speak serbina a little bit

Luther Large
04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
wont know till tommorrow but im mad excited it got me feelin like im 10 years old again cant wait 4 that shit but ill post wut i think after i play it a litle bit

The Hound
04-29-2008, 02:30 AM
atm my rating is like an 8 ... come friday it'll be an 11

6 Chambaz
04-29-2008, 02:35 AM
first impression- 10/10

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Fuck i wish i was playing this right now.

2L8Lit da croatianMC
04-29-2008, 10:17 PM
same here bro...
cant rate it...

Frontal Lobotomy
04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
This game is next level, not seen anything with that much detail before.

Prince Rai
04-30-2008, 02:26 PM
ok im gtting more annoyed that i have to wait till friday. and that, i have to wait till afffter work to play. i just want to know more about the game play...

WARPATH
05-01-2008, 11:01 AM
ok im gtting more annoyed that i have to wait till friday. and that, i have to wait till afffter work to play. i just want to know more about the game play...

Think of GTA 3 on steroids + multiplayer mayhem (you won't be dissapointed). It's like they re did the whole city to make it more like New York. They took the best features from the previous series and ommited others to give it a more realistic feel. It has a more solid feel to it. But I have to admit, the cars are harder to handle in this one.

Ink Is My Drink
05-06-2008, 06:52 AM
i cant see how poeple can give this a 10. was i the only person slightly dissapointed with it. like theres so many food shops you pass but you can only enter a couple. why not all of them? and the same for clothes shops theres just not enough of them. how about phone shops? okay i understand they dont want it to turn into som shopping game but it jus still deosnt feel enough like a real city. also some cars are never around and then the next minute there everywhere. dont get me wrong its a fucking good game and i cant stop playing it. its jus i expected abit more. and the sat nav is such a fucking good idea same about the phone

shaolinsword
05-06-2008, 07:45 AM
I love the game, I played it non stop until I completed it on Saturday night but there's a a few things that annoy me so I gave it an 8

1. The game crashes quite a lot of times
2. Sometimes the game has a low draw effect which means cars come into view just at the last second (although it doesn't happen much)
3. The ending was pretty lame

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-06-2008, 01:14 PM
I like the fact that the shadows move with the day. I was sitting at one spot waiting for rival gangs to take my turf and I noticed the shadows were moving according to the sun. now that's fucking detail

Bloo
05-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Of course it's good. I don't think it's the "evolution" of the series that alot of critics are making it out to be. I'd be more inclined to call it a good contender. Of course the best of the franchise so far. They kept everything that made San Andreas bad ass and improved it (Thank GOD for the new target system!)

Paranoid
05-07-2008, 02:19 AM
it might not be perfect but its close, people can complain. its still the most fun ive ever had in a video game, because of that id say it deserves a 10

Cuchulain
05-07-2008, 06:18 AM
honestly, so far its pretty much the same as the last ones, same story, same missions. just better graphics. to me, crackdown is more fun. just my opinion

KERZO
05-08-2008, 05:56 AM
9/10 for me. I've killed myself laughing at some bits like when i was driving along in a sports car and outta nowhere a cop car flies straight at me then drives right over the top of the car and carries on...comical absurdity at it's finest.

Or when ya bed a woman and you get an outside shot of the house with her screaming shit inside.

I agree that you should stick the subs on cos you miss alot of the dialog.

I've owned and completed every GTA game (well the company did start out in scotland :thumbup:) and i can;t wait til GTA5 gets made but judging by how many delays this one had...the next one won't be out until 2020,lol

Ink Is My Drink
05-15-2008, 12:21 PM
it jus seems there was abit more to do in san andreas than in gta4. like you could gamble. spray paint. the jet pack. planes (which was my fav part of san andreas), go to the gym, get fat

and the different types of environment like you had dessert, woodland, ghettos, rich areas. the huge motorway. rather than on this everythings just too similar

i liked it not being as realistic. and there were alot more stand out missions like when you had to raid the army base and steal the harrier that level was legendary.

the gangster thing got abit annoying and played out throughout san andreas though

Alcryt
05-21-2008, 07:17 AM
San Andreas seemed like it had more things to do and it was a lot more varied. Even though i like GTA IV more i just dont feel that compelled to go back to it, im bored of it already and only about 55% through. I usually dont get bored with GTA's till i have at least finished the main story.

I dont know what it is either, im just bored with it. Plus i HATE the friend system, i just want to do missions but i keep getting phone calls from people and if i refuse the friendship goes down and it just gets annoying.

Apart from that its a good game. :)