View Full Version : things to help ktl

STYLE
04-29-2008, 03:34 AM
i'll start by suggesting that there should be a sticky for:

religion

conspiracy theories

global politics

history

by doing so you create "neverending threads" that create the opportunity for deeper discussion, as well as create the opportunity for new more specific discussions elsewhere.

this may help keep every thread from devolving into one of these 4 topics.

tho they are interesting topics, robots and global warming are not sticky material IMO.

i have some more ideas but i'll wait for others to add their input

TSA
04-29-2008, 03:38 AM
take immortal technique songs off youtube

STYLE
04-29-2008, 03:44 AM
and you wonder why the forum gets shittier and shittier.

suggestion 2:
lock TSA out of KTL.

V4D3R
04-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Agreed
But the robot thread is pretty interesting.

Shit is developing at an incredibly fast rate and it's cool to watch

Longbongcilvaringz
04-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Stop racism against white people?

I know, I know.

Sorry.

Im not thinking straight.

STYLE
04-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Agreed
But the robot thread is pretty interesting.

Shit is developing at an incredibly fast rate and it's cool to watch

very true but it only gets posted in once or twice a month and it would be easy to just bump it as new developments are found. i am deeply interested in robotic advances too but how much play do robots get in here?

lets think along the lines of what is best for KTL and what is a logical choice for stickies.

V4D3R
04-29-2008, 11:03 AM
^^I hear ya

dezmond
04-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Sounds good... Whos got the power?

Death the Kid
04-29-2008, 12:47 PM
KTL's problem is Gen Chat, a clear line in between should be drawn!

TSA
04-29-2008, 02:28 PM
no, KTL's problem is immortal technique CDs and the damaging effects wutang has had on impressionable young men

it can be solved by banning sunnywinter and all of his secondaries though

or just merging it with gen chat. fuck it, if you want a ktl discussion that's the best place to go cause sane ppl dont visit this KTL shit.

Prolifical ENG
04-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Those are good suggestions.

LHX is due back within the next few days...he should be a factor in choosing what topic stickies are good from the suggestions.

STYLE
04-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Merging Gen chat and ktl is the worse idea possible. Hell no

King Tron 1
04-29-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't frequent this section much, but these suggestions would've appealed to me more than the global warming and robot stickies, that I would've been posting here much earlier.

TSA
04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
idk how merging the two would be a bad idea, compare my israel thread in KTL to the israel thread in gen chat

though it got out of hand when General wise decided to be proud of his heritage (elohel), there was still more constructive discussion that arose from the gen chat one then the KTL one with a hint of humor to make the thread interesting.

i saw wucorp dying weeks ago, tired doing something, and that was a bad idea
and now wucorp is dead because we didn't follow my "bad idea"

King Tron 1
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
You're basing that off of that one thread, and that thread only. KTL has this seriousness that Gen Chat wouldn't understand. Humor in Gen Chat doesn't fair well or the same in KTL.

TSA
04-29-2008, 06:25 PM
visions has been posting KtL type threads in gen chat for some time now, they all ended in great discussion.

i made an large history of the western sudan thread that got 2 replies in ktl, i bet it would explode in gen chat

ktl ppl are actually stupid, the ppl the post in genchat are more likely to be intelligent and informed then them thats why they stay out.

King Tron 1
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Well I don't think that anyone takes you seriously when you post in KTL, but in Gen Chat you'll more than likely get some attention. I'm not talking shit, just saying due to your Gen Chat rep you don't get taking seriously here. They just go "don't mind TSA, he ignorant" type of shit, while in Gen Chat you'd get applauded for the exact same statements. I myself don't mind anything you post, I just don't always reply is all.

dezmond
04-30-2008, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=ThaShaolinAssassin;1152260]

i made an large history of the western sudan thread that got 2 replies in ktl, i bet it would explode in gen chatQUOTE]

Fucking post it in gen cht then?!
Or are you saying youd prefer the responses in ktl?

dezmond
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
ktl ppl are actually stupid, the ppl the post in genchat are more likely to be intelligent and informed then them thats why they stay out.

No offence but you are the gen chat Token.....

I never realised there was a need for more posts in ktl...

Quality not quantity tends to prevail........

unless ur a chinese manufacturer..

KERZO
05-01-2008, 07:46 AM
religion
conspiracy theories
global politics
history

All good ideas....

I think we should have a Supreme Maths/Alphabet sticky because it would make more people talk about it and they'd learn more about the principles that started the wu plus the heads could show & prove on it....

apart from that the other threads are pretty decent already for an otherwise unimportant thread to the gen chatters.

Prince Rai
05-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Well I don't think that anyone takes you seriously when you post in KTL, but in Gen Chat you'll more than likely get some attention. I'm not talking shit, just saying due to your Gen Chat rep you don't get taking seriously here. They just go "don't mind TSA, he ignorant" type of shit, while in Gen Chat you'd get applauded for the exact same statements. I myself don't mind anything you post, I just don't always reply is all.

A great response to what TSA said.

"Quality and not Quantity" was another statement made and thats how it should stand.

TSA, you are more prominent in gen chat and therefore get more responses. I doubt you often grasp the methodology of answering questions in KTL, therefore assume that those who enjoy their time in this section are below your "type".

shameful display to be honest.

Prolifical ENG
05-01-2008, 08:55 AM
religion
conspiracy theories
global politics
history

All good ideas....

I think we should have a Supreme Maths/Alphabet sticky because it would make more people talk about it and they'd learn more about the principles that started the wu plus the heads could show & prove on it....

apart from that the other threads are pretty decent already for an otherwise unimportant thread to the gen chatters.

actually thats a very good idea. on one hand the members that long frequented KTL don't mind doing topics again and think its better to learn things on the fly than to tell someone to search the forum. but on the other hand the people that know the most about supreme maths and the alphabet are the ones that are tired of answering the questions.

SL33
05-01-2008, 09:00 AM

religion

conspiracy theories

global politics

history

by doing so you create "neverending threads" that create the opportunity for deeper discussion, as well as create the opportunity for new more specific discussions elsewhere.

tho they are interesting topics, robots and global warming are not sticky material IMO.

co sign!!!!

but the main problem of wu tang corp is Gen chat. gen chat is destroying hh shop, wt chamber and ktl.

+this subforum is full of these so called '5% scientists', conspiracy nerds etc.

i'd like to see ktl with new ideas and topic.

it should be reformed.

Prince Rai
05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
actually thats a very good idea. on one hand the members that long frequented KTL don't mind doing topics again and think its better to learn things on the fly than to tell someone to search the forum. but on the other hand the people that know the most about supreme maths and the alphabet are the ones that are tired of answering the questions.

i rmr LHX posting a sticky that incorporated many threads which answered in depth question on Maths and Alpha as well as many other topics which made many members engage themselves in.

i smell a sense of urgency to get KTL uplifted, I am happy to help as usual.

SL33
05-01-2008, 09:07 AM
mods should make the next move.

i'd rather post in ktl all day than in that stupid gen chat.

Prolifical ENG
05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
mods should make the next move.

i'd rather post in ktl all day than in that stupid gen chat.

yup...i am moving slowly but I am hoping LHX makes his return very soon....two better than 1.

trouble with those stickies is they need to be pruned by mods so someone can read through them (at least the first 2-3 pages and know whats going on....thats not that hard to do though

i smell a sense of urgency to get KTL uplifted, I am happy to help as usual.

yup the timing is right.

SL33
05-01-2008, 09:18 AM
i hope that we can gather at least 20 guys that could post here regularly...

Prolifical ENG
05-01-2008, 09:21 AM
there already is more than 20 that post here regularly

dezmond
05-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I dont think OTT changes are neded cos KTL is knowledge..............

It can look after itself...

But the sticky threads is needed imo, it makes the referencing of ktl much easier..

Whos gonna do it?

STYLE
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
i posted in ktl exclusively at 1st. then got hooked on gencrack. i'm in rehab now. at least long enuff to get my tv and couch out of the pawnshop.

second idea.
lets get some activism in motion. alot of talk about stuff but no action. once we get the forum sorted out i'll elaborate on this. but i can see us having a simple monthly mission which each of us must complete. whether it be plant a tree, donate to a charity, make a flyer increasing awareness about a topic and pass it out. idk brainstorm on that.

King Tron 1
05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Sure why not. I could go around doing stuff like that.

dezmond
05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Effort............

SG
05-04-2008, 05:14 AM
religion
conspiracy theories
global politics
history

All good ideas....

Supreme mathematics/Supreme alphabet (NGE) needs to be relocated in the Wu-Tang Chamber.

It must have its own subform. Its better suited in that section.
It is Wu-Tang's foundation and Wu-Tang talks about it in there music. It's one of Wu-Tangs main attraction.

Placing Supreme math/alphabet (NGE) in Wu-Tang Chamber would be appropriate and have a greater impact.
The proper light would be shined on it and the feedback will be incredible.

But NGE have their own website so they can build there own forum. NOI did it with there version of myspace.

I recommend a subforum be created under WU-Tang Chamber.
This is something for ya'll moderators to think about. This just a thought!

LORD NOSE
05-04-2008, 06:39 AM
this has all been talked about and done before

many have tried

it was good to have Gen chat and KTL merged as one for a little while

stickying those topics is not a good idea

newbies who have no clue should have a spoon feeding section to go to before being able to jester up the threads

leaving KTL the way it is is the way to go

discuss topics you like - if there are topics you don't care for, mind your business, step over them and either create one of your own or join in a discussion you'd rather be apart of - why complain about all "The Black Man is God" threads when you can just make your own - its like changing channels - why watch an hour and a half of something you don't enjoy watching ?

SG
05-05-2008, 07:02 PM

religion

conspiracy theories

global politics

history

When you get the chance mention some...

SG
08-11-2008, 05:48 PM

religion

conspiracy theories

global politics

history

I’m adding to Style’s post but also bring something to attention

Adding an additional button (a drop down menu) for categorization when members create a thread in KTL.

Categorization:

Religion
Conspiracy theories
Global Politics

Science

Technology

Economics

History

more can be added

Why I present this…..

The categorization would provide a general setting

The search engine can be used as a table of content

The search engine can provide an analysis

It would improve the efficiency of the search engine

It would eliminate misunderstanding (bypass)

Do the following (religion is used as an example)

Do a search on the keyword religion by post.

Do a search on the keyword religion by title.

Compare the results of the search

The problem

There is a gap, a whole or weak spot in the search engine. Contrast the results from post and title. You will notice some of the results by post have nothing to do with religion. A title can be created and not reflect the subject.

My concern for KTL is the content management.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
i posted in ktl exclusively at 1st. then got hooked on gencrack. i'm in rehab now. at least long enuff to get my tv and couch out of the pawnshop.

second idea.
lets get some activism in motion. alot of talk about stuff but no action. once we get the forum sorted out i'll elaborate on this. but i can see us having a simple monthly mission which each of us must complete. whether it be plant a tree, donate to a charity, make a flyer increasing awareness about a topic and pass it out. idk brainstorm on that.

thats not a bad idea

TSA
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
let spause on the making history and poltics a sticky, that's what im here for and stickys get so long that ppl lose interest, which is doing a disservice to 2 very broad subjects that a lot of us enjoy discussing

those stickies would end up being the whole forum and since stickies die, thos subjects will too

i say make 5% Ideology a sticky, it very specific and niche audiencey, perfect sticky material, and im not trying to diss anyones religion and shit but the infestation of every single thread with 5% Ideology is what's killing the forum(idk if we're ready to admit that or if we already have subtley.

i also fully support banning posters that spam
what black man, sunny winters, and all those guys do is spamming, plain an simple, they post the same subject, and flood the place with articles over and over with no intention of discussing and debating these views, it's racist spam and should merit warnings and bannings. The fact taht Sunny made diferent accounts to do the same thing is evidence to the fact that it has nothing to do with discussing and more to do with spam

TSA
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I’m adding to Style’s post but also bring something to attention

Adding an additional button (a drop down menu) for categorization when members create a thread in KTL.

Categorization:

Religion
Conspiracy theories
Global Politics

Science

Technology

Economics

History

more can be added
Why I present this…..

The categorization would provide a general setting

The search engine can be used as a table of content

The search engine can provide an analysis

It would improve the efficiency of the search engine

It would eliminate misunderstanding (bypass)
Do the following (religion is used as an example)

Do a search on the keyword religion by post.

Do a search on the keyword religion by title.

Compare the results of the search
The problem

There is a gap, a whole or weak spot in the search engine. Contrast the results from post and title. You will notice some of the results by post have nothing to do with religion. A title can be created and not reflect the subject.

My concern for KTL is the content management.
pretty good idea, but this is just gonna create organized spam. and disorganization isn't the problem, it's content like you said.
I say we fully put the lid on the 5% talk.
in Wuforum they don't allow ppl to post "Did you hear 50cent has beef with Ghost" and "What's the song on the beginning of spotrushers"

why?
cause they were subjects repeated till the point of making the experience less pleasureable for everyone else
tho interesting and ppl wanted to discuss them, it was a sacrifice that had to be made to prevent gayness

that's where we're at here. the 5% talk as driving off everyone but style palehorse and sunny winters secondaries and continues to do so. If we can make a sticky for all of it and keep it in there for ppl that's interested them move the reptilian talk to Dan Cooley the same way the 50 Beefed with Ghost shit gets moved there as well

there's nothing about the 5% field of thought that hasn't been discussed on here twice. minimum. it's a dead horse, ppl don't reply in the threads anymore and it's gotten to the point that it annoys everyone but Sunny winters. We get it, we got it, it's been talked about, 400 threads about synthetic shoe fibers would be spamming wouldn't it?

TSA
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
your first post is your opinion, in my opinion you're a psychopath with aids, you cant measure anyones level of 'awareness' as your view of awareness in opinion based

you second post is anger due to the fact that ever single time i speak to you i shatter your blanket of paranoia and it makes you uncomfortable.

the problem with this place also resides in ppls inability to learn and share as opposed to impose and block out

all the conspiracy shit and 5% shit, i went through that phase when i was 15, studying that shit, hard, because of it i feel i have covered the subject enough to say they're both crocks of shit, but i was open to them to begin with.

a lot of ya'll rob youselfs of oppurtunity by blocking out negating view points from the get go.

SG
08-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I am not talking about creating stickies

I am talking about members creating a thread and having that feature of categorizing their thread just like a member has the option of attaching a poll to their thread

Olive Oil Goombah
08-11-2008, 06:44 PM
As much as I may disagree with alot said here, I think any kind of
censorship or banning, especially in KTL, is ridiculous. (aside from the
obvious illegal photos and such).

TSA
08-11-2008, 08:51 PM
the rules on spamming have to be respected here too