PDA

View Full Version : Any answer to this?

DrunkenMasta303
04-30-2008, 06:45 PM
i was just askin me this question maybe its stupid i dont know but each wu member has a name with a explanation behind it like

rza - scratch sound of his name
gza - scratch genius
odb - cause theres no father to his style
Inspectah deck - because he observes people and takes them to court
ghost - kungfu film character
masta - also
ugod - because hes a god
capadonna - because hes a don who drives a cap
methodman - because hes the weedman

but what the hell is "Raekwon"? how did he come up with such a nonsensical name?

KLIION JENSEN
04-30-2008, 07:19 PM
he's the Chef, cos he always cookin up that marvelous shit.

Lex Diamonds - fat iced out rolex maybe ?? it was Lou Diamonds, i'm sure i read he got it off a bottle of Crystal, Louis Rodier or something, because it was the expensive shit and it sparkled.

but Shallah Rakwon i dont know, maybe through 5% teachings or whatever he decided that Corey Woods was his slave name & Shallah Raekwon is his real name ?? same with Method Man, slave name Clifford Smith, real name Shaquan, and & Rza is Rakeem right ?? iono, thats they way i always figured it to be, i could be wrong, probably am, but hey, its a thought.

oh and Method Man is a kung fu movie also, and he called that cos its different methods to his madness, did'nt you listen to ALL the skit on 36 Chambers ??

oh , also, again, while i'm here, you WEAR a cap, you don't drive one (unless you count a hub cap), my thought is Cappadonna comes from Cappachino The Don, and i reckon he spliced the 2 words together by accident on a old off the head freestyle tape, thought it sounded good and kept it. again, its just my thought, not a fact.

DrunkenMasta303
04-30-2008, 10:45 PM
oh and Method Man is a kung fu movie also, and he called that cos its different methods to his madness, did'nt you listen to ALL the skit on 36 Chambers ??

yeah of course i know all that stuff with the chef cooking marvellous shit and the razor sharp and cappachino thing but i was just asking wheres the name "raekwon" comin from i always thought he invented that himself thinkin it sounds cool or something

fortyglock
05-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I always wondered where the name Raekwon came from too. His real name is Corey Woods, so I'm guessin part of Raekwon has something to do with Corey.

KERZO
05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
who cares...it's a dope name :thumbup:

MAYOR QUIMBY
05-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Raekwon The Chef is an anagram of:

Weak Henceforth
Hotcake Fern Hew
Heathen Rock Few

among others.....

Guarded By Martyrs
05-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Shallah Raekwon...I belive is also a Kung-Fu charater...
And he is a chief too I think.
Haven't seen the film though.
But I read that somewhere.

11th Chamber
05-10-2008, 10:19 PM
i was just askin me this question maybe its stupid i dont know but each wu member has a name with a explanation behind it like

rza - scratch sound of his name
gza - scratch genius
odb - cause theres no father to his style
Inspectah deck - because he observes people and takes them to court
ghost - kungfu film character
masta - also
ugod - because hes a god
capadonna - because hes a don who drives a cap
methodman - because hes the weedman

but what the hell is "Raekwon"? how did he come up with such a nonsensical name?

ODB and Meth's names originate from Kung-Fu movies too

U-God stands for Universal God